there is no medium armor for all males that shows skin..

YEP, you read that right! male characters that play medium armor professions have no opportunity to show their skin, and it is really disappointing that every medium armor piece is either a trench coat or long sleeved shirt.

the only male medium armor that shows skin is Norn's predatory armor chest piece, but that's only availbile for norn. (IT'S STILL A TRENCHCOAT THO, AT LEAST IT'S SHIRTLESS)

please anet, there should just be at least 1 medium armor piece that shows skin if the player wants the option to..

both heavy armor and light armor have multiple options for showing skin on a male character, yet medium armor has none, it would be balanced if there could just be one for medium armor professions.

> @"bara yaoi.3824" said:

> YEP, you read that right! male characters that play medium armor professions have no opportunity to show their skin, and it is really disappointing that every medium armor piece is either a trench coat or long sleeved shirt.

>

> the only male medium armor that shows skin is Norn's predatory armor chest piece, but that's only availbile for norn. (IT'S STILL A TRENCHCOAT THO, AT LEAST IT'S SHIRTLESS)

To see *arms* on a human male (but not the chest or the legs), try Whisper's Secret, Vigil's Honor, or Assassin's (T3 Cultural). And all races seem to show an arm in Koda's and Inquest (dungeon armours). But bare-chest for males *is* pretty rare.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"bara yaoi.3824" said:

> > YEP, you read that right! male characters that play medium armor professions have no opportunity to show their skin, and it is really disappointing that every medium armor piece is either a trench coat or long sleeved shirt.

> >

> > the only male medium armor that shows skin is Norn's predatory armor chest piece, but that's only availbile for norn. (IT'S STILL A TRENCHCOAT THO, AT LEAST IT'S SHIRTLESS)

>

> To see *arms* on a human male (but not the chest or the legs), try Whisper's Secret, Vigil's Honor, or Assassin's (T3 Cultural). And all races seem to show an arm in Koda's and Inquest (dungeon armours). But bare-chest for males *is* pretty rare.

>

wanting skin as in chest, not arms

OP is seemingly hung up on the fact he/she cant get naked or as close to it as possible.. how many posts is this now about similar needs to have flesh on display.. maybe rent a video or visit some of those other sites to get ya kicks. More medium armour options yeah that would enhance the wardrobe, less medium armour and more skinny dipping flesh monkeys running around would not imo.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> I prefer not to have the game become fleshwars in every major city.

Yet we already have human female t3 underboob... Or is it just male flesh you find unsightly? There are very few revealing male armour skins in game and only in heavy and light categories so options for medium would be welcome imo.

I don't care if its male or female flesh, doesn't mean we have to be dressed in bear skins head to toe but the moment ANET bring in near nakedness then the game turns from fashion wars to fleshwars with every adolescent schoolkid and every kick seeking numb nut running around with bits flying everywhere the wind blows.. no thanks.

As I said, more options other than trenchcoats and flared skirts is welcomed and showing some flesh is fine, but leave the nakedness or near nakedness for those other sites players can go watch at their leisure.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> I don't care if its male or female flesh, doesn't mean we have to be dressed in bear skins head to toe but the moment ANET bring in near nakedness then the game turns from fashion wars to fleshwars with every adolescent schoolkid and every kick seeking numb nut running around with bits flying everywhere the wind blows.. no thanks.

> As I said, more options other than trenchcoats and flared skirts is welcomed and showing some flesh is fine, but leave the nakedness or near nakedness for those other sites players can go watch at their leisure.

The game is already, as you put it, “fleshwars” but exclusively for female characters. I’d love to be able to style my Norn as a proper savage, with all his torso tattoos on full display. But because he is a he, I cannot. It is unfair. Simple as that.

Yep, another armor request that has been asked for since the game came out. Less buttcapes/trenchcoats, more pants for light armor, more skin for males; Anet for some reason doesn't want these particular options in game.

Also, there are many mmos that give players the option to have revealing outfits but I've noticed that the vast majority of players don't run around in them. As an example, FF14 has several bikini outfits, but I've almost never seen them used outside of their summer beach event where most people break them out because it fits the atmosphere. So if similar outfits were added to GW2, I don't think the game would suddenly turn into a nudist colony.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> Ok, but why?

Why not? You wouldn't be asking this question if this was about females - and you don't have to, because the game already provides you with plenty of "naked skin" armor options for them (replace "naked skin" with an adjective starting with "sl").

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> The game is already, as you put it, “fleshwars” but exclusively for female characters.

**This.**

> I’d love to be able to style my Norn as a proper savage, with all his torso tattoos on full display. But because he is a he, I cannot. It is unfair. Simple as that.

:+1: I'd also like my human males to show some muscle (arms, neck, upper chest).

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > Ok, but why?

>

> Why not? You wouldn't be asking this question if this was about females - and you don't have to, because the game already provides you with plenty of "naked skin" armor options for them (replace "naked skin"

What makes you believe that?

> @"Karmapolice.4193" said:

> Yep, another armor request that has been asked for since the game came out. Less buttcapes/trenchcoats, more pants for light armor, more skin for males; Anet for some reason doesn't want these particular options in game.

> Also, there are many mmos that give players the option to have revealing outfits but I've noticed that the vast majority of players don't run around in them. As an example, FF14 has several bikini outfits, but I've almost never seen them used outside of their summer beach event where most people break them out because it fits the atmosphere. So if similar outfits were added to GW2, I don't think the game would suddenly turn into a nudist colony.

Just to be clear, it seems as if you are saying that if ANet spent the time and money to produce the requested option it would almost never be used. That is a pretty solid justification for not.doing so.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Karmapolice.4193" said:

> > Yep, another armor request that has been asked for since the game came out. Less buttcapes/trenchcoats, more pants for light armor, more skin for males; Anet for some reason doesn't want these particular options in game.

> > Also, there are many mmos that give players the option to have revealing outfits but I've noticed that the vast majority of players don't run around in them. As an example, FF14 has several bikini outfits, but I've almost never seen them used outside of their summer beach event where most people break them out because it fits the atmosphere. So if similar outfits were added to GW2, I don't think the game would suddenly turn into a nudist colony.

>

> Just to be clear, it seems as if you are saying that if ANet spent the time and money to produce the requested option it would almost never be used. That is a pretty solid justification for not.doing so.

Ha, good point! Never mind, Anet!

I just hope that when GW3 rolls around Anet makes whatever changes they need to so they can pump out armor at a faster rate, or at least toss weight restrictions out the window. I would like more variety not just in looks but in type, such as everyone having access to long coats, short coats, long sleeves, short sleeves, tank tops, pants, shorts, skirts, etc.

"We don't make medium armor options aside from trenchcoats because nobody uses things other than trenchcoats. Putting aside that they don't actually have any other option. Have another trenchcoat."

Really though. It's appalling how little variety medium armor has.

Also, I scrolled through the thread- so pardon if I missed an official statement or source - but I have always seen a good mixture of covered and less covered options used when those options are available, just to mention that to those who seem to have different personal experiences.

Really though, can we please toss transmute armor restrictions, and disable it in competitive PvP if need be? By now it's just a pointless limitation.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> Just add a Hide Chest option.

>

> No modeling of new armour required. Just a copy-paste of the other “Hide X” options code with a tiny tweak.

too simple for Anet, they would probably hide an invisible shirt behind a rare drop from a rare event *cough* INVISIBLE SHOES *cough* that costs 2k gold :(

> @"Curennos.9307" said:

> "We don't make medium armor options aside from trenchcoats because nobody uses things other than trenchcoats. Putting aside that they don't actually have any other option. Have another trenchcoat."

>

> Really though. It's appalling how little variety medium armor has.

>

> Also, I scrolled through the thread- so pardon if I missed an official statement or source - but I have always seen a good mixture of covered and less covered options used when those options are available, just to mention that to those who seem to have different personal experiences.

>

> Really though, can we please toss transmute armor restrictions, and disable it in competitive PvP if need be? By now it's just a pointless limitation.

yes, medium armor is the worst diversity wise in game for the males it's literally just trenchcoats and buttcapes!

i agree, all armor should be able to be applied to all armor types, it's too restrictive

it's disappointing how other MMOS like FFXIV, Runescape, BDO and WoW have all evolved to the point of showing skin not just for females but males too, why is GW2 stuck in the past?

> @"bara yaoi.3824" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > Hide Chest option is a must.

>

> YES. there should be a hide option for everything idk why there isnt

I don't think GW2 can maintain its T rated game if it allowed a "hide pants" option. :tongue:

Or, for that matter, a "hide chest" option on females.

That said, diversity in choices is always good.