Mastery points

welns.3245

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> They'd never add a reset option; that'd only make a bad experience worse. They'd instead ensure it wasn't possible to screw it up, the simplest option being to remove mastery points or turn them into large chunks of XP rather than a hard requirement.

Nah obviously this means we need more confirmation dialogs.

"Are you sure you want to spend this mastery point?"

"Are you really really sure?"

"Absolutely sure?"

"Beyond a shadow of a doubt?"

"Lets pinky swear."

"I think it would be best if we had some sort of signed agreement. Lets call our lawyers."

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > @"CJH.2879" said:

> >I think people would understand the core reasons as to why ANET wouldn't allow for more then a single use of this.

> I think people would understand the core reasons as to why ANET wouldn't allow this at all, but it seems that isn't accurate because this thread exists.

>

Well obviously you haven't taken anything I've said into consideration whatsoever. Also mimicking what I wrote & to top it off indicating that ANET wouldn't even be interested in even entertaining the idea of a mastery reset just tells me how biased you really are. If you took the time to actually read through my previous posts you might actually see a valid reason/point to this discussion of mastery resets.

PvE Mastery Points are not spec tree

In Spec Tree you earn points from XP then invest it into a spec, this GW2 term is the Hero Points and WvW Mastery Points

If PvE Mastery Point works in this way it's easy to implement a reset function like WvW Mastery Points

PvE Mastery Point is different, you earn XP to invest in a mastery line then you invest your points in it, there's two inputs

you can switchover to fill a different mastery line if dont have enough MPs saved up or realise there's a mastery that is more important to get for the next game mechanic you will face; a delimma i faced with HoT masteries

This makes it difficult to reverse the changes

plus, there's really no need for it since there are more than enough Mastery Points floating around, and experience required to fill the bar is quick and easy to obtain

Stories gives massive amount of XP, I pretty much maxed out all PoF Masteries (exclude Griffon, since you need to finish story once) on my first run through

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I can't see why ArenaNet would be interested in adding even a one-time Mastery Point reset, as it is only a matter of time before collects enough MPs (with _maybe_ the exception of the Raid Mastery Track), and the more important reason of being able to skip content/requirements by moving Mastery Points around.

No need for that exception. I have the raid mastery along with everything else maxed and still have points left over. I have one point from raids but that wouldn't make much difference.

They've also made that mastery line hidden until you kill a boss which will probably get you a point. For a person who doesn't raid that mastery line might was well not exist.

I understand the frustration of being blocked at a certain Mastery track and not allowed to gain the XP to get Spirit Shards. I was hindered for months with Core Tyria Mastery, Legendary Crafting track. Then I bought Ls2 and tada, sitting comfy at 274. :p

Anyway, I dont think that mastery point reset is a good idea, all the reasons have been said above. And I will doubt there is anyone want to repeat the MP again. World completion give Gift, repeat MP again will only give MP which already unlocked from the very 1st time.

Maybe the OP want MPs work as HPs, soulbound. Each character needs to unlock its MPs. Thats gonna suck real hard.

> @"CJH.2879" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > > @"CJH.2879" said:

> > >I think people would understand the core reasons as to why ANET wouldn't allow for more then a single use of this.

> > I think people would understand the core reasons as to why ANET wouldn't allow this at all, but it seems that isn't accurate because this thread exists.

> >

>

> Well obviously you haven't taken anything I've said into consideration whatsoever. Also mimicking what I wrote & to top it off indicating that ANET wouldn't even be interested in even entertaining the idea of a mastery reset just tells me how biased you really are. If you took the time to actually read through my previous posts you might actually see a valid reason/point to this discussion of mastery resets.

You assume that I haven't, but you would be wrong. I just saw so little value in your ideas that the only valid response I could come up with was to take your own statement and turn it on its head.

> @"CJH.2879" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > It depends. There is a cost involved for them to make changes to the mastery and achievement system and all that it's linked to basically. There is a risk involved in that you don't want to break anything in the process either. Then once you have done this, you have to feel like enough people will want to buy this and pay back the resource costs for making the change and then turn a profit afterwards.

> >

> > Somehow I don't feel the math adds up for this idea.

>

> Predicting whether or not enough players would invest in such an idea to make it profitable enough is always a risk, however thats also a part of the business world. I personally believe it would sell, in both the short & long term + would indeed be very profitable (but of course thats my own opinion).

I think that the initial investment of making a lot of changes, potentially causing more bugs and the work needed to fix that would mean that there has to be a clear and significant demand from players to have this done. I haven't seen much demand for it, so I don't think I agree with your optimistic assessment. I bet most players don't even have all masteries done, looking at the numbers with people's names. And of those who have done them all I haven't seen any significant group calling for this nor do I believe all of them would want to go through all that again.

You are free to believe as you will of course and I can't prove you're wrong but judging by what I can see, not in the least this thread that shows just a couple of people who would want this. Time will tell, but I think that if I was a betting man, I'd win this one ;)

> @"CJH.2879" said:

> I think a one time mastery reset should be available at the gem store, it would help ANET with more $$ & would also benefit the player base at the same time. Just an idea.... =)

I'd pay for this. I don't really care about achievements or anything else, TBH. I wouldn't even mind re-earning experience in the Core Tyria stuff. Most of my decisions were made two, three? years ago when the whole system was new. I made some choices thinking I'd go one way with my gameplay, then ended up quitting entirely :p Now I'm stuck with it, and since core mastery points are few and far between-- or are locked to content I'm either never going to touch (fractals, jumping puzzles) or hideously expensive (cultural armor), I'm never going to earn more. Two years ago, I didn't notice the final line of the "Pact Commander" mastery included autoloot. So I shoved all my excess points into other mastery tracks when the little message popup kept harassing me to spend points.

I'll probably regret that forever unless we can get a one-shot respec.

> @"juhani.5361" said:

> > @"CJH.2879" said:

> > I think a one time mastery reset should be available at the gem store, it would help ANET with more $$ & would also benefit the player base at the same time. Just an idea.... =)

>

> I'd pay for this. I don't really care about achievements or anything else, TBH. I wouldn't even mind re-earning experience in the Core Tyria stuff. Most of my decisions were made two, three? years ago when the whole system was new. I made some choices thinking I'd go one way with my gameplay, then ended up quitting entirely :p Now I'm stuck with it, and since core mastery points are few and far between-- or are locked to content I'm either never going to touch (fractals, jumping puzzles) or hideously expensive (cultural armor), I'm never going to earn more. Two years ago, I didn't notice the final line of the "Pact Commander" mastery included autoloot. So I shoved all my excess points into other mastery tracks when the little message popup kept harassing me to spend points.

>

> I'll probably regret that forever unless we can get a one-shot respec.

I barely touch fractals, and haven't gotten a single MP from either LS2 mastery achievements or expensive collections. I'm currently only lacking last tier of Fractal mastery. I *strongly* recommend looking through the available sources of MPs. Some in fractals are *a lot* easier than I expected!

> @"juhani.5361" said:

> > @"CJH.2879" said:

> > I think a one time mastery reset should be available at the gem store, it would help ANET with more $$ & would also benefit the player base at the same time. Just an idea.... =)

>

> I'd pay for this. I don't really care about achievements or anything else, TBH. I wouldn't even mind re-earning experience in the Core Tyria stuff. Most of my decisions were made two, three? years ago when the whole system was new. I made some choices thinking I'd go one way with my gameplay, then ended up quitting entirely :p Now I'm stuck with it, and since core mastery points are few and far between-- or are locked to content I'm either never going to touch (fractals, jumping puzzles) or hideously expensive (cultural armor), I'm never going to earn more. Two years ago, I didn't notice the final line of the "Pact Commander" mastery included autoloot. So I shoved all my excess points into other mastery tracks when the little message popup kept harassing me to spend points.

>

> I'll probably regret that forever unless we can get a one-shot respec.

Why not earn some more mastery points? If you have an API key, I can help you identify which ones you have available that would be easiest. (Or you can probably use GW2 Efficiency yourself to figure it out.) Let me know.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"juhani.5361" said:

> > > @"CJH.2879" said:

> > > I think a one time mastery reset should be available at the gem store, it would help ANET with more $$ & would also benefit the player base at the same time. Just an idea.... =)

> >

> > I'd pay for this. I don't really care about achievements or anything else, TBH. I wouldn't even mind re-earning experience in the Core Tyria stuff. Most of my decisions were made two, three? years ago when the whole system was new. I made some choices thinking I'd go one way with my gameplay, then ended up quitting entirely :p Now I'm stuck with it, and since core mastery points are few and far between-- or are locked to content I'm either never going to touch (fractals, jumping puzzles) or hideously expensive (cultural armor), I'm never going to earn more. Two years ago, I didn't notice the final line of the "Pact Commander" mastery included autoloot. So I shoved all my excess points into other mastery tracks when the little message popup kept harassing me to spend points.

> >

> > I'll probably regret that forever unless we can get a one-shot respec.

>

> Why not earn some more mastery points? If you have an API key, I can help you identify which ones you have available that would be easiest. (Or you can probably use GW2 Efficiency yourself to figure it out.) Let me know.

Thanks for the offer :) It's appreciated <3

Honestly, though, I'm pretty aware of most of the "easy" points. I've scoured them to death. I've even started a few but got burned out and irritated trying to get them. Karka hunting? Dull. Dive Master, tied to JPs and just general annoyance. I don't like doing collections and I'm not an achieving sort. I also don't group, and have no desire to do fractals or dungeons. Right now, I'm sitting with 3/5 mastery points on either a later fractal or legendaries tier because the interface is locked. I originally shoved points into legendaries before I found out what they were or even knew what the wiki was ;)

You can change tracks up until you've maxed XP on everything, but once you're maxed, you're stuck. You can't switch back. So I'd have to get two more points to waste those three on fractals or legendaries, then go back and get eight more for auto-looting. Or I'd have to put up with that kitten popup at five points for however long it took me to get three more points so I could switch back to the commander track. I spend about 85% of my time in the core maps so that would drive me insane really fast. That's why I have so few points now and they're all allocated wrong :3

I don't mind the current situation too much-- I've just stopped with core mastery altogether. But I'd gladly throw a few bucks Anet's way if I could get a gem store respec of some sort-- say at $10 or so. Anyway, it's not that big a deal, but I do like the OP's idea so I figured I'd chime in with my situation.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"juhani.5361" said:

> > > @"CJH.2879" said:

> > > I think a one time mastery reset should be available at the gem store, it would help ANET with more $$ & would also benefit the player base at the same time. Just an idea.... =)

> >

> > I'd pay for this. I don't really care about achievements or anything else, TBH. I wouldn't even mind re-earning experience in the Core Tyria stuff. Most of my decisions were made two, three? years ago when the whole system was new. I made some choices thinking I'd go one way with my gameplay, then ended up quitting entirely :p Now I'm stuck with it, and since core mastery points are few and far between-- or are locked to content I'm either never going to touch (fractals, jumping puzzles) or hideously expensive (cultural armor), I'm never going to earn more. Two years ago, I didn't notice the final line of the "Pact Commander" mastery included autoloot. So I shoved all my excess points into other mastery tracks when the little message popup kept harassing me to spend points.

> >

> > I'll probably regret that forever unless we can get a one-shot respec.

>

> I barely touch fractals, and haven't gotten a single MP from either LS2 mastery achievements or expensive collections. I'm currently only lacking last tier of Fractal mastery. I *strongly* recommend looking through the available sources of MPs. Some in fractals are *a lot* easier than I expected!

Pfft. I have *one* and only one from doing Fractals (we lit all the bonfires), and I have all Central Tyria masteries unlocked. (I have everything for Koutalophile *except* the Fractal Spoon.)

> @"juhani.5361" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"juhani.5361" said:

> > > > @"CJH.2879" said:

> > > > I think a one time mastery reset should be available at the gem store, it would help ANET with more $$ & would also benefit the player base at the same time. Just an idea.... =)

> > >

> > > I'd pay for this. I don't really care about achievements or anything else, TBH. I wouldn't even mind re-earning experience in the Core Tyria stuff. Most of my decisions were made two, three? years ago when the whole system was new. I made some choices thinking I'd go one way with my gameplay, then ended up quitting entirely :p Now I'm stuck with it, and since core mastery points are few and far between-- or are locked to content I'm either never going to touch (fractals, jumping puzzles) or hideously expensive (cultural armor), I'm never going to earn more. Two years ago, I didn't notice the final line of the "Pact Commander" mastery included autoloot. So I shoved all my excess points into other mastery tracks when the little message popup kept harassing me to spend points.

> > >

> > > I'll probably regret that forever unless we can get a one-shot respec.

> >

> > Why not earn some more mastery points? If you have an API key, I can help you identify which ones you have available that would be easiest. (Or you can probably use GW2 Efficiency yourself to figure it out.) Let me know.

>

> Thanks for the offer :) It's appreciated <3

>

> Honestly, though, I'm pretty aware of most of the "easy" points. I've scoured them to death. I've even started a few but got burned out and irritated trying to get them. Karka hunting? Dull. Dive Master, tied to JPs and just general annoyance. I don't like doing collections and I'm not an achieving sort. I also don't group, and have no desire to do fractals or dungeons. Right now, I'm sitting with 3/5 mastery points on either a later fractal or legendaries tier because the interface is locked. I originally shoved points into legendaries before I found out what they were or even knew what the wiki was ;)

>

> You can change tracks up until you've maxed XP on everything, but once you're maxed, you're stuck. You can't switch back. So I'd have to get two more points to waste those three on fractals or legendaries, then go back and get eight more for auto-looting. Or I'd have to put up with that kitten popup at five points for however long it took me to get three more points so I could switch back to the commander track. I spend about 85% of my time in the core maps so that would drive me insane really fast. That's why I have so few points now and they're all allocated wrong :3

>

> I don't mind the current situation too much-- I've just stopped with core mastery altogether. But I'd gladly throw a few bucks Anet's way if I could get a gem store respec of some sort-- say at $10 or so. Anyway, it's not that big a deal, but I do like the OP's idea so I figured I'd chime in with my situation.

Personal Story:

* One for each race that finishes chapter 1 (initial racial choice e.g. noble/commoner/streets for human), chapter 2 (second racial choice e.g. sister/parents/circus for human), and chapter 3 (meet the orders and join one) == 15.

* One for each order you are in during chapter 4 == 3.

* One for each chapter after chapter 4 = 4.

That's 22 just for doing the personal story,.

Visiting commune-only mastery insights on CT maps = 9. 31.

One for the first character who does map completion. 32.

~~Tequatl gives two, Triple Trouble gives five including one per head in the Bosses category. 37.~~

EDIT: I'm an idiot. The paragraph above should be:

*Tequatl gives two. 34.

Triple Trouble gives five including one per head in the Bosses category. 39*

(Remaining numbers below repaired, and two removed.)

LS2 gives one per episode for basic completion = 8. 47.

The Karka Queen in Southsun Cove = 1. 48.

Legendary Mordrem in Silverwastes, one per mordrem plus one for doing them all = 5. 53.

So if you do all that, you can get everything you need to unlock all Central Tyria masteries without ever setting foot in a JP or a Fractal, and still have four left over. That gives you flexibility if e.g. you don't fancy going into a small number of JPs for map completion (some vistas are inside JPs).

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"juhani.5361" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"juhani.5361" said:

> > > > > @"CJH.2879" said:

> > > > > I think a one time mastery reset should be available at the gem store, it would help ANET with more $$ & would also benefit the player base at the same time. Just an idea.... =)

> > > >

> > > > I'd pay for this. I don't really care about achievements or anything else, TBH. I wouldn't even mind re-earning experience in the Core Tyria stuff. Most of my decisions were made two, three? years ago when the whole system was new. I made some choices thinking I'd go one way with my gameplay, then ended up quitting entirely :p Now I'm stuck with it, and since core mastery points are few and far between-- or are locked to content I'm either never going to touch (fractals, jumping puzzles) or hideously expensive (cultural armor), I'm never going to earn more. Two years ago, I didn't notice the final line of the "Pact Commander" mastery included autoloot. So I shoved all my excess points into other mastery tracks when the little message popup kept harassing me to spend points.

> > > >

> > > > I'll probably regret that forever unless we can get a one-shot respec.

> > >

> > > Why not earn some more mastery points? If you have an API key, I can help you identify which ones you have available that would be easiest. (Or you can probably use GW2 Efficiency yourself to figure it out.) Let me know.

> >

> > Thanks for the offer :) It's appreciated <3

> >

> > Honestly, though, I'm pretty aware of most of the "easy" points. I've scoured them to death. I've even started a few but got burned out and irritated trying to get them. Karka hunting? Dull. Dive Master, tied to JPs and just general annoyance. I don't like doing collections and I'm not an achieving sort. I also don't group, and have no desire to do fractals or dungeons. Right now, I'm sitting with 3/5 mastery points on either a later fractal or legendaries tier because the interface is locked. I originally shoved points into legendaries before I found out what they were or even knew what the wiki was ;)

> >

> > You can change tracks up until you've maxed XP on everything, but once you're maxed, you're stuck. You can't switch back. So I'd have to get two more points to waste those three on fractals or legendaries, then go back and get eight more for auto-looting. Or I'd have to put up with that kitten popup at five points for however long it took me to get three more points so I could switch back to the commander track. I spend about 85% of my time in the core maps so that would drive me insane really fast. That's why I have so few points now and they're all allocated wrong :3

> >

> > I don't mind the current situation too much-- I've just stopped with core mastery altogether. But I'd gladly throw a few bucks Anet's way if I could get a gem store respec of some sort-- say at $10 or so. Anyway, it's not that big a deal, but I do like the OP's idea so I figured I'd chime in with my situation.

>

> Personal Story:

> * One for each race that finishes chapter 1 (initial racial choice e.g. noble/commoner/streets for human), chapter 2 (second racial choice e.g. sister/parents/circus for human), and chapter 3 (meet the orders and join one) == 15.

> * One for each order you are in during chapter 4 == 3.

> * One for each chapter after chapter 4 = 4.

>

> That's 22 just for doing the personal story,.

No-no-no-no, while each race story is marked with a mastery point, you only get one per chapter - it's just that you get it no matter which race/order you do. Personal Story gives **8**, total.

This leads your summation to 39 points. however, first character to 80 also gets one MP, leaving 9 points short of all Core masteries.

These can be picked up via some basic fractals, (bow to the Colossus, dance with Aetherblade holograms, etc), or general PvE stuff like Skritt Queen in DT, do all Story Mode Dungeons once, a few JPs give them like Hidden Garden and the SW one, or some of the Current Events that came concurrently with LS3.

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> You assume that I haven't, but you would be wrong. I just saw so little value in your ideas that the only valid response I could come up with was to take your own statement and turn it on its head.

Well judging from your responses + biased opinion it would be difficult to assume anything else. If you find my ideas of so little value then don't just copy what I wrote & turn it on its head, in fact don't even bother replying at all if thats the case, if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't say anything at all. I've been very respectful of everyones replies & in turn I expect the same.

> @"juhani.5361" said:

> Honestly, though, I'm pretty aware of most of the "easy" points. I've scoured them to death.

You've ruled out any that you think are dull or annoying, and ruled out anything in fractals. That sounds more like restricting oneself into a corner rather than scouring the available opportunities.

> I don't mind the current situation too much-- I've just stopped with core mastery altogether. But I'd gladly throw a few bucks Anet's way if I could get a gem store respec of some sort-- say at $10 or so. Anyway, it's not that big a deal, but I do like the OP's idea so I figured I'd chime in with my situation.

If you're willing to throw a few bucks to ANet, why reject offers from people willing to help you for free?

Given ANet's pricing, we'd expect a minimum cost of 800 gems (name change contract, new character) and potentially as high as 2000 (Central Tyria WP). At 110g per 400 gems, that amounts to 220g minimum... So if you really feel the need to pay someone, offer 100g to anyone who helps you get autolooting unlocked.

* There are a total of [49 Mastery Points required for Central Tyria](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery#Mastery_track).

* A total of 82 are available in the game, leaving 33 to spare.

* A total of 66 are available without any from LS2, leaving 17 to spare.

* Ignoring Tequatl & Triple Trouble gives us a total of 58 points, leaving 9 to spare.

Alternatively, you can still ignore all the boss fights and do LS2, skipping fractals (or mix & match: only some of the fractal mastery points are difficult).

Those 58 points come from (one point each unless there's a number):

* 20 from various types of exploration: Dry Top, Explorer (2), Jumping Puzzles, Silverwastes (7), Mastery Insights (9)

* 7 from Simple Collections: Basic (Koutaphile), Rare (5), Fashion

* 17 from Fractals: Fractals of the Mists (15), Nightmare, Shattered Observatory

* 14 from Events + Stories: Hero (11), Transfer Chaser, Justice of the Blade, Conservation of Magic (side story)

Remember: you can skip any 9 of these 58 and still max out on Core masteries.

Tequatl is done daily, successfully. Use LFG or show up in the zone about 10-15 minutes prior to start time. Triple Trouble is much more challenging, of course, but there are organized runs of it daily. Post a request in _Players Helping Players_ if you can't find these via Google or LFG and people will offer specific resources. I wouldn't rule out those if you are serious about maxing all masteries.

Similarly, all but maybe 4-5 of the fractal achievements are that difficult; it shouldn't be hard to find a group via LFG _or_ form your own _or_ ask for help in the PHP forum.

It would cause Gen 2 Legendaries to be a lot easier. If you could reset mastery points you could buy the item that you need the final level unlocked to get it, reset, buy the next. So could get all 4 for give or take a quarter of the required mastery points required now.

Unless they had it that if you buy the items that tack gets locked, cannot be reset. Though I think it's fine as it is now.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"juhani.5361" said:

> > Honestly, though, I'm pretty aware of most of the "easy" points. I've scoured them to death.

> You've ruled out any that you think are dull or annoying, and ruled out anything in fractals. That sounds more like restricting oneself into a corner rather than scouring the available opportunities.

>

> > I don't mind the current situation too much-- I've just stopped with core mastery altogether. But I'd gladly throw a few bucks Anet's way if I could get a gem store respec of some sort-- say at $10 or so. Anyway, it's not that big a deal, but I do like the OP's idea so I figured I'd chime in with my situation.

> If you're willing to throw a few bucks to ANet, why reject offers from people willing to help you for free?

>

> Given ANet's pricing, we'd expect a minimum cost of 800 gems (name change contract, new character) and potentially as high as 2000 (Central Tyria WP). At 110g per 400 gems, that amounts to 220g minimum... So if you really feel the need to pay someone, offer 100g to anyone who helps you get autolooting unlocked.

>

>

> ****

> * There are a total of [49 Mastery Points required for Central Tyria](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery#Mastery_track).

> * A total of 82 are available in the game, leaving 33 to spare.

> * A total of 66 are available without any from LS2, leaving 17 to spare.

> * Ignoring Tequatl & Triple Trouble gives us a total of 58 points, leaving 9 to spare.

>

> Alternatively, you can still ignore all the boss fights and do LS2, skipping fractals (or mix & match: only some of the fractal mastery points are difficult).

>

> ****

> Those 58 points come from (one point each unless there's a number):

> * 20 from various types of exploration: Dry Top, Explorer (2), Jumping Puzzles, Silverwastes (7), Mastery Insights (9)

> * 7 from Simple Collections: Basic (Koutaphile), Rare (5), Fashion

> * 17 from Fractals: Fractals of the Mists (15), Nightmare, Shattered Observatory

> * 14 from Events + Stories: Hero (11), Transfer Chaser, Justice of the Blade, Conservation of Magic (side story)

>

> Remember: you can skip any 9 of these 58 and still max out on Core masteries.

>

> ****

> Tequatl is done daily, successfully. Use LFG or show up in the zone about 10-15 minutes prior to start time. Triple Trouble is much more challenging, of course, but there are organized runs of it daily. Post a request in _Players Helping Players_ if you can't find these via Google or LFG and people will offer specific resources. I wouldn't rule out those if you are serious about maxing all masteries.

>

> Similarly, all but maybe 4-5 of the fractal achievements are that difficult; it shouldn't be hard to find a group via LFG _or_ form your own _or_ ask for help in the PHP forum.

>

>

I appreciate the effort you've put into posting, and I'm giving everyone here a "helpful" because it will help others. Still, I think you're a lot more invested in my "situation" than I am ;) The only thing that actually bothers me about the autoloot thing is that I feel dumb for mis-allocating my points. It's not a huge deal to hit "F" when I get a drop. It's a lot smaller of a deal than putting in endless hours to get additional mastery points. And it comes at the end of a bunch of activities I have little to no interest in. When I said it's not a big deal, I meant it. If it was, I'd have long since put aside my distaste of "mastery" activities and done them.

I'm not really looking for help, just saying it might be nice to have an option of some sort to respec mastery points you've already earned. If it's in the gem store, Anet can make money, and I was just putting myself forward as a potential customer. There's very little that interests me in the gem store, so if Anet wants money from me, I'm giving them a heads up and a price I'd be willing to pay. I was also addressing people's arguments further up in the thread about achievements, etc.

Aside: I've always been boggled that there aren't options to respec mastery points in this game. Most other games I've played have options to do exactly that. You can respec ESO's Champion Points at will for in-game currency. SWTOR, you can recommit your discipline at a trainer and re-allocate your skills on the fly.

> @"CJH.2879" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > You assume that I haven't, but you would be wrong. I just saw so little value in your ideas that the only valid response I could come up with was to take your own statement and turn it on its head.

>

> Well judging from your responses + biased opinion it would be difficult to assume anything else. If you find my ideas of so little value then don't just copy what I wrote & turn it on its head, in fact don't even bother replying at all if thats the case, if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't say anything at all. I've been very respectful of everyones replies & in turn I expect the same.

You got no disrespect, but honestly, if you find having your own words turned back on you so disrespectful, perhaps they weren't so respectful in the first place. Clearly you don't actually have any respect for those that disagree with you. You don't want to hear constructive criticism, because you don't want to hear criticism, or you won't have made the claim in the first place that all it takes it looking at your argument to understand the validity in it. You're mistaken, I don't, and many of us don't, also we see the reasons it will ultimately fail and explained that, but you don't want to hear that either. That's why the only thing you got were your own words. But apparently you don't want those either.

> @"juhani.5361" said:

>It's a lot smaller of a deal than putting in endless hours to get additional mastery points.

Your choice of course, but it really *wouldn't* be endless hours. If you haven't gotten any point at all from fractals, you could probably pick up 2 or 3 in about half an hour to an hour in fractals <20 (so no AR).