Legendaries that actually fit your profession

There are a few legendary weapons around most of which have over the top size, annoying and flashy effects...and do not fit the image you would expect from a profession.

For example, would you expect a thief, which is supposed to rely on subterfuge and stealth to carry a large oversized, glowing pistol/dagger or rifle which will immediately give up his position?

What legendary would be most appropriate for each professions?

Kudzu seems great for sylvari ranger

Hope for engineer

The Predator for deadeye

Shining blade for mesmer

Astralaria possibly for guardian though the cosmic stuff might be a bit too far from the "holy" look it is supposed to have. Well, Sunrise is obvious choice.

Twilight for reaper

Bolt/Meterlogicus for elemental

Anything else?

Is it just me or is the game full of weapon skins which can fit a profession/spec way better than most legendaries? I will craft Kudzu for sure for my ranger, but honestly making a legendary doesn't seem that worthwhile to me? I mean, you make legendaries for the skin, but said skins skins aren't even that good or fitting?

I think profession is just one aspect of who the character is, and legendaries can suit different characters for lots of different reasons.

I'm planning to make Nevermore for my norn necromancer because I think it's a perfect fit for him. There isn't an obvious connection between ravens and necromancy in GW2, but there is a huge connection between ravens and norn, and since Raven is the spirit who guides the souls of the dead I think it fits for a necromancer too.

I also think Bifrost suits my sylvari elementalist. She's something of a sun worshipper (her name is Alleria Wildrunner, and as much as I'll swear up and down sylvari are not GW2's elves I may have copied a few ideas to go with the name, she wears the Triforge pendant for the same reason) and she's fascinated with the magic of light and colour so it was the obvious choice for her.

Similarly I'm planning to make the Claw of the Khan-Ur for my charr thief. For a legendary it's very...understated but for him it'll be quite flashy and it seems like the logical upgrade from the Centurion's Claw he uses now.

I have to admit though there's no reason for my ranger using the Dreamer other than I like it and I wanted to use it. But her colour scheme has been purple, blue and black since long before GW2 (I tend to re-use characters) so it does kind of fit.

> @"EpicName.4523" said:

> There are a few legendary weapons around most of which have over the top size, annoying and flashy effects...and do not fit the image you would expect from a profession.

>

> For example, would you expect a thief, which is supposed to rely on subterfuge and stealth to carry a large oversized, glowing pistol/dagger or rifle which will immediately give up his position?

>

> What legendary would be most appropriate for each professions?

>

> Kudzu seems great for sylvari ranger

> Hope for engineer

> The Predator for deadeye

> Shining blade for mesmer

> Astralaria possibly for guardian though the cosmic stuff might be a bit too far from the "holy" look it is supposed to have. Well, Sunrise is obvious choice.

> Twilight for reaper

> Bolt/Meterlogicus for elemental

>

> Anything else?

>

> Is it just me or is the game full of weapon skins which can fit a profession/spec way better than most legendaries? I will craft Kudzu for sure for my ranger, but honestly making a legendary doesn't seem that worthwhile to me? I mean, you make legendaries for the skin, but said skins skins aren't even that good or fitting?

>

>

>

Yessss, I thought I was the only one here. Kudzo definitely for sylvari ranger, predator definitely for deadeye, meterlogicus for ele. I want Bifrost really bad for my staff mirage, I would go with flameseeker for guardian, binding of ipos for an evil themed Mesmer(sometimes you gotta tweak the theme of a profession so you can match it up with a skin or whatever), I would put verdarach on a ghostly themed necromancer(I got the grasping phantom glider thingy), I would put the dreamer on a fun colorful adventurous thief and I would put chuka and champwat on a renegade. Oh and you could put any fire or ice themed legendaries like incinerator, on ele. Legendaries aren't just for the skin though, you have people like me who keep switching up my build and stuff, so being able to change stats any time you want or change sigils and runes without destroying the item is great. Oh and aurora for mesmer

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I think profession is just one aspect of who the character is, and legendaries can suit different characters for lots of different reasons.

>

> I'm planning to make Nevermore for my norn necromancer because I think it's a perfect fit for him. There isn't an obvious connection between ravens and necromancy in GW2, but there is a huge connection between ravens and norn, and since Raven is the spirit who guides the souls of the dead I think it fits for a necromancer too.

>

> I also think Bifrost suits my sylvari elementalist. She's something of a sun worshipper (her name is Alleria Wildrunner, and as much as I'll swear up and down sylvari are not GW2's elves I may have copied a few ideas to go with the name, she wears the Triforge pendant for the same reason) and she's fascinated with the magic of light and colour so it was the obvious choice for her.

>

> Similarly I'm planning to make the Claw of the Khan-Ur for my charr thief. For a legendary it's very...understated but for him it'll be quite flashy and it seems like the logical upgrade from the Centurion's Claw he uses now.

>

> I have to admit though there's no reason for my ranger using the Dreamer other than I like it and I wanted to use it. But her colour scheme has been purple, blue and black since long before GW2 (I tend to re-use characters) so it does kind of fit.

That's a great idea to make nevermore for norn, I never thought of that, what about Bifrost for mesmer

> @"Magek.4718" said:

> Quip is good for Mesmer, I guess.

>

> It's got that purple aura.

>

> Flameseeker Prophecies goes to Guardian.

>

> And I don't know, Eternity goes to Warrior or something?

I think the lyss and llya pistol skins would look better on Mesmer(https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lyss), quip looks a little bit too much, its too big and loud, flameseeker definitely for guardian, and eternity for warrior yes but in the nighttime I would change my armor dye to a blood reddish color and in the daytime, I would change it to a gold colour since as though eternity looks like twilight in the night and sunrise in the day :bleep_bloop:

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > none truly fit the necromancer, pity really.

>

> The newest Warhorn sorta does when you consider it’s ghostly effects. Sorta.

>

>

considering that's purple and all necro skills are green tinted, nope, not even close.

i need a skeleton themed legendary with green soul hands coming from the ground and shooting the undead. (i hope a longbow can be made in this theme with an elite spec for longbow necro)

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > none truly fit the necromancer, pity really.

> >

> > The newest Warhorn sorta does when you consider it’s ghostly effects. Sorta.

> >

> >

>

> considering that's purple and all necro skills are green tinted, nope, not even close.

> i need a skeleton themed legendary with green soul hands coming from the ground and shooting the undead. (i hope a longbow can be made in this theme with an elite spec for longbow necro)

Wat. Those effects are grey/silver, not purple.

One way to make legendary weapons fit visually to more professions would be having the ability to dye them, one of the biggest reasons they mostly do not fit it due to the color of the weapons and the auras, I think we should be able to dye both. I would make so many more legendary weapons if I could dye them.

> @"necromaniac.7629" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > Binding of Ipos for Necromancer.

>

> I would put binding of ipos on an evil themed Mesmer, unless you putting it on a purple themed necromancer :p

I give you the Purple Reaper, Kylara Nightsong:

![](https://i.imgur.com/3oY2VRp.jpg "")

When she's doing something that benefits from ranged attacks, however, she's currently stuck with some axe or other and Adam:

![](https://i.imgur.com/1INZkhS.jpg "")

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I think profession is just one aspect of who the character is

I don't think the "profession" is a factor at all when it comes to aesthetics. For example both [this guy](https://i.imgur.com/RThfRKC.jpg "this guy") and [this guy](https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/5f/96/e15f96b54739e60318bc9e500309097a.jpg "this guy") fit into the the "thief" archetype but what's fitting for one obviously isn't fitting for the other (even tho for some reason A-Net wants them both to have a similar style of gameplay which makes absolutly no sense whatsoever). The thread should be renamed into "Legendaries that actually fit your build / playstyle" IMO.

@topic

No, not really. It would have to be either a revolver or some futuristic looking pistol which I dont think we're going to get anytime soon (if ever). That's one of the main reasons why I want legendary footsteps, auras and projectile animations (in general) to be wardrobe unlockables.