if necro is the least popular class

bara yaoi.3824

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > Nice site! Also kitten, the balance in player population for each profession is mmo dev's wet dream, almost everything has equal representation!

>

> It's probably skewed in that most accounts have at least one of each profession.

GW2 Efficiency has it discriminated by play time as well:

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

Necro is definetly not one of the least popular. But it tends to be the worse off when balance comes through.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > > Nice site! Also kitten, the balance in player population for each profession is mmo dev's wet dream, almost everything has equal representation!

> >

> > It's probably skewed in that most accounts have at least one of each profession.

>

> GW2 Efficiency has it discriminated by play time as well:

> https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

> Necro is definetly not one of the least popular. But it tends to be the worse off when balance comes through.

Ah so a bit of variation but pretty much the same.

See, competitive modes get the most posts, but they don't get the most popular support. You'd think that necros would be wildly unpopular due to the posts from people who raid. But as you can see, it's one of the more popular professions. Hard core players, min-maxers are always going to post more, particularly when they feel their profession isn't getting enough love. But I run a casual guild that has more necros and rangers than any other profession. People play them because pet classes make the game easier for them. It's a very popular choice.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > > > Nice site! Also kitten, the balance in player population for each profession is mmo dev's wet dream, almost everything has equal representation!

> > >

> > > It's probably skewed in that most accounts have at least one of each profession.

> >

> > GW2 Efficiency has it discriminated by play time as well:

> > https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

> > Necro is definetly not one of the least popular. But it tends to be the worse off when balance comes through.

>

> Ah so a bit of variation but pretty much the same.

Yeah, in terms of player numbers it's pretty much the same, mind you that both sites require players to join, and efficiency is older, that plus rounding will explain the discrepancies in the number of characters of each profession. The difference is the play time, which tells us that Necro is the 5th most played profession, so middle of the table, as opposed to least popular.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > > > Nice site! Also kitten, the balance in player population for each profession is mmo dev's wet dream, almost everything has equal representation!

> > >

> > > It's probably skewed in that most accounts have at least one of each profession.

> >

> > GW2 Efficiency has it discriminated by play time as well:

> > https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

> > Necro is definetly not one of the least popular. But it tends to be the worse off when balance comes through.

>

> Ah so a bit of variation but pretty much the same.

basically what I already suspected: rev and engi are the least used.

> @"bara yaoi.3824" said:

> why does its forum section have the most posts?

1. Necro is not the least popular profession anymore.

2. Necro forum stalwarts are the smartest and most passionate players. If they were not, Necro may never have improved so much from where it was after launch.

> why does its forum section have the most posts?

Could you please define what you mean by "least popular"? In what gamemode? From what kind of point of view?

You throw a statement like a bomb but based on the context it can be proven right like it can be proven wrong.

Example:

- In high end PvE, the necromancer have never been really a popular pick for dungeon or raid due to [insert whatever reason]

- In general, the necromancer is right in the middle of the pack in regard of playing time from the players of the game.

- In WvW, the necromancer have always been meta and welcome in zerglings.

- In PvP the necromancer suffered up and down but at the moment they still suffer a bit of discrimination due to [insert popular PvP opinion]

As a fact, I'd say that Engineer is in a worst place when it come to popularity. This is not a profession with a large population of players and tend to be played less than other professions. It rarely had the occasion to shine in PvE and WvW while in PvP, in all it's history, it tend to be either OP or overnerfed. Players generally don't even have enough of an opinion of the engineer to even be concerned by this profession. I even wonder if they still hope that anet will handle the hugliness of their "hobosac".

> > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > @"bara yaoi.3824" said:

> > > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > > It's not the least popular lol.

> > > >

> > > > https://gw2armory.com/statistics

> > >

> > > It's the least popular lol.

> >

> > It's tied with thief and mes. Engi and rev are lower from what I see .

>

> nooo that data is wrong !!

Show your math. People have posted proof that your assertion is wrong. If you are going to say the data is wrong you are going to need to produce counter data otherwise you have no real point.

> @"Swamurabi.7890" said:

> What you really need is player-hours per class for sPvP, PvE(raids and fractals) and WvW. That would show you how popular each class is.

Not really. It is highly unlikely that if you broke it up between the three modes that Necromancer would suddenly become the least popular profession. It may drop a bit here or there and rise a bit here or there but considering the numbers and how far ahead it is over the last place professions of Revenant and Engineer dividing it up isn't likely to sink it below them. At it's worse it may drop down to their level in PvE but I have serious doubts they would drop below those two in WvW and PvP. Despite the problems Necromancer faces in PvE content, it is still a popular profession for people to play.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> I thought revenant was?

So did I.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> What does popularity have to do with number of posts?

Indeed. I would say nothing at all.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"bara yaoi.3824" said:

> > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > @"bara yaoi.3824" said:

> > > > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > > > It's not the least popular lol.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://gw2armory.com/statistics

> > > >

> > > > It's the least popular lol.

> > >

> > > It's tied with thief and mes. Engi and rev are lower from what I see .

> >

> > nooo that data is wrong !!

>

> Show your math. People have posted proof that your assertion is wrong. If you are going to say the data is wrong you are going to need to produce counter data otherwise you have no real point.

>

> > @"Swamurabi.7890" said:

> > What you really need is player-hours per class for sPvP, PvE(raids and fractals) and WvW. That would show you how popular each class is.

>

> Not really. It is highly unlikely that if you broke it up between the three modes that Necromancer would suddenly become the least popular profession. It may drop a bit here or there and rise a bit here or there but considering the numbers and how far ahead it is over the last place professions of Revenant and Engineer dividing it up isn't likely to sink it below them. At it's worse it may drop down to their level in PvE but I have serious doubts they would drop below those two in WvW and PvP. Despite the problems Necromancer faces in PvE content, it is still a popular profession for people to play.

>

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > I thought revenant was?

>

> So did I.

>

>

>

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > What does popularity have to do with number of posts?

>

> Indeed. I would say nothing at all.

the data is wrong the colors arent not'nt correct

so it means necro is the least popular unless they are correct

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > @"bara yaoi.3824" said:

> > > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > > @"bara yaoi.3824" said:

> > > > > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > > > > It's not the least popular lol.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://gw2armory.com/statistics

> > > > >

> > > > > It's the least popular lol.

> > > >

> > > > It's tied with thief and mes. Engi and rev are lower from what I see .

> > >

> > > nooo that data is wrong !!

> >

> > Show your math. People have posted proof that your assertion is wrong. If you are going to say the data is wrong you are going to need to produce counter data otherwise you have no real point.

> >

> > > @"Swamurabi.7890" said:

> > > What you really need is player-hours per class for sPvP, PvE(raids and fractals) and WvW. That would show you how popular each class is.

> >

> > Not really. It is highly unlikely that if you broke it up between the three modes that Necromancer would suddenly become the least popular profession. It may drop a bit here or there and rise a bit here or there but considering the numbers and how far ahead it is over the last place professions of Revenant and Engineer dividing it up isn't likely to sink it below them. At it's worse it may drop down to their level in PvE but I have serious doubts they would drop below those two in WvW and PvP. Despite the problems Necromancer faces in PvE content, it is still a popular profession for people to play.

> >

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > I thought revenant was?

> >

> > So did I.

> >

> >

> >

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > What does popularity have to do with number of posts?

> >

> > Indeed. I would say nothing at all.

>

> the data is wrong the colors arent not'nt correct

>

> so it means necro is the least popular unless they are correct

So basically you're just making things up. Gotcha.