Do you feel like game supplies enough new content?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's more than enough. I still have stuff from HoT I haven't gotten around to doing yet (and in fact from the base game). Which is partially because it's not a priority for me, but it's also because I've always had other stuff to do. At the current rate of releases I will never reach a point where there's nothing I want to do in-game. (And that's excluding the things I don't want to do.)

It's hard for me to answer this. I do think this game has quite a bit of content, but some of the content there is doesn't have as much replay value as I'd like.

The leveling experience is just so boring to me so I skip as much as I can of it. The stories aren't worth repeating to me, because of things like terrible voice acting and childish story telling (vanilla) and lengthy conversations and boss fights that just kill the momentum of the stories including LS. So even though the later stories are better than the vanilla ones, I have no desire to go through them again. So I'd say there's just enough content for me but it does lose it in replay value on some key elements for me.

Depends on what content you like and what type of player you are. Breaking it down I'd say:

- ultra hardcore 6+ hours per day game time -> by far not enough unless the player finds ways to extend longevity with crafting multiple legendarys, running content multiple times, etc.

- hardcore 3+ hours per day -> will still reach the boundaries of what can be done. If not achievement hunting, definitely not enough content

- gamer 1-2 hours per day -> barely enough content, will have to take breaks and let content catch up

- semi-casual gamer with a couple of nights per week game time -> game should be fine content wise

- ultra-casual gamer with a couple of hours per week top -> have you left core Tyria yet?

I think it's a combination of lots of different factors, including:

* How much time you typically spend playing GW2,

* How quickly you get through content (do you watch cut scenes which can be skipped? Do you speak to all the NPCs? Do you use a guide for new collections or figure it out yourself? etc.),

* How much of the content you want to play (someone who only does dungeons/raids/fractals will have a lot less to do than someone who does everything),

* Do you repeat content? And if so is it only for a reward you want/need or just for the sake of it?

* How many characters do you play?

I think expectations might be a factor too. Someone who understands that no game releases enough new content for someone to play it 3+ hours a day, every day, for years without repeating content and that it's probably impossible to do that because of the time taken to make new content is likely to be happier with the rate of releases, even if it means they have to take breaks or repeat content, than someone who expects the game to match their speed of play and doesn't know or care if it's possible.

From my personal perspective, no, not enough. I was happiest during the first 18 months, with new stuff every few weeks. (And yes, it was more fun, for me, to have content that would disappear "soon," even if it meant I would sometimes miss out entirely.)

From a, "what cadence of new content patches can ANet maintain," the current situation is good, perhaps very good. We have major content every 2-4 months, with four popular festivals (plus a bonus festival, super popular among its fans). When ANet's aimed to go faster, we seem to get more missteps. When it's slower, we all feel that there's a major drought again.

Viewed myopically through the lens of players interested in specific content, no, not enough. It's not unreasonable to want 3-4 new fractals, 2-3 new raids each year. It's not unreasonable to want a few new PvP match types, some new rules sets. I doubt anyone who cares about build/comp theory thinks that quarterly balance patches is half enough. And WvW, well, they could get monthly updates for two years and not feel as if it's caught up to the other modes.

tl;dr

I wish there was more content and at the same I think it's as much as we need.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Depends on what content you like and what type of player you are. Breaking it down I'd say:

>

> - ultra hardcore 6+ hours per day game time -> by far not enough unless the player finds ways to extend longevity with crafting multiple legendarys, running content multiple times, etc.

>

> - hardcore 3+ hours per day -> will still reach the boundaries of what can be done. If not achievement hunting, definitely not enough content

>

> - gamer 1-2 hours per day -> barely enough content, will have to take breaks and let content catch up

>

> - semi-casual gamer with a couple of nights per week game time -> game should be fine content wise

>

> - ultra-casual gamer with a couple of hours per week top -> have you left core Tyria yet?

Obviously...the question is what do you think 0_o

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Depends on what content you like and what type of player you are. Breaking it down I'd say:

>

> - ultra hardcore 6+ hours per day game time -> by far not enough unless the player finds ways to extend longevity with crafting multiple legendarys, running content multiple times, etc.

>

> - hardcore 3+ hours per day -> will still reach the boundaries of what can be done. If not achievement hunting, definitely not enough content

>

> - gamer 1-2 hours per day -> barely enough content, will have to take breaks and let content catch up

>

> - semi-casual gamer with a couple of nights per week game time -> game should be fine content wise

>

> - ultra-casual gamer with a couple of hours per week top -> have you left core Tyria yet?

I think you make a big mistake here in linking hardcore/casual to time played. A player can play 6+ hours a day and still be casual. Hardcore or casual refers more to how deep you are into the more difficult content like raiding and higher level fractals and PvP modes. The term for a player who plays a lot but isn't a hardcore player would be a dedicated player. I easily play 4 hours a day most days but I don't consider myself hardcore because I don't care about the harder content in this game. I just do stuff like map completion, crafting, some collections and masteries.

But to be hardcore I'd have to dive into the meta and git gud. Although I like to have some sense to my builds, I am not interested in going hardcore in this game. For me to be interested in that the classes and combat in general would have to be more interesting to me and I don't really see them making such big changes.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > Depends on what content you like and what type of player you are. Breaking it down I'd say:

> >

> > - ultra hardcore 6+ hours per day game time -> by far not enough unless the player finds ways to extend longevity with crafting multiple legendarys, running content multiple times, etc.

> >

> > - hardcore 3+ hours per day -> will still reach the boundaries of what can be done. If not achievement hunting, definitely not enough content

> >

> > - gamer 1-2 hours per day -> barely enough content, will have to take breaks and let content catch up

> >

> > - semi-casual gamer with a couple of nights per week game time -> game should be fine content wise

> >

> > - ultra-casual gamer with a couple of hours per week top -> have you left core Tyria yet?

>

> I think you make a big mistake here in linking hardcore/casual to time played. A player can play 6+ hours a day and still be casual. Hardcore or casual refers more to how deep you are into the more difficult content like raiding and higher level fractals and PvP modes. The term for a player who plays a lot but isn't a hardcore player would be a dedicated player. I easily play 4 hours a day most days but I don't consider myself hardcore because I don't care about the harder content in this game. I just do stuff like map completion, crafting, some collections and masteries.

>

> But to be hardcore I'd have to dive into the meta and git gud. Although I like to have some sense to my builds, I am not interested in going hardcore in this game. For me to be interested in that the classes and combat in general would have to be more interesting to me and I don't really see them making such big changes.

>

>

I was using the term in relation to time spent in game. Reason being simple: more time spent is likely directly affecting content consumed which directly relates to this topic. Sure there might be a ton of people semi-afk in town just chatting with friends who do not consume content as fast as others, I'd wager those are in the minority though.

> Hardcore Gamer

> Someone who plays video games as a primary hobby. They tend to spend large amounts of time playing games, often in excess of two or three hours a day.

>

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hardcore%20Gamer

You can call yourself dedicated if it makes you feel better, besides being a different term, it changes nothing in relation to time spent and content consumed (and using a less stigmatic term). I've personally never assumed hardcore gamers to have to "get gud", it was always a function of time spent (both for the term hardcore as well as casual) for me.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > Depends on what content you like and what type of player you are. Breaking it down I'd say:

> > >

> > > - ultra hardcore 6+ hours per day game time -> by far not enough unless the player finds ways to extend longevity with crafting multiple legendarys, running content multiple times, etc.

> > >

> > > - hardcore 3+ hours per day -> will still reach the boundaries of what can be done. If not achievement hunting, definitely not enough content

> > >

> > > - gamer 1-2 hours per day -> barely enough content, will have to take breaks and let content catch up

> > >

> > > - semi-casual gamer with a couple of nights per week game time -> game should be fine content wise

> > >

> > > - ultra-casual gamer with a couple of hours per week top -> have you left core Tyria yet?

> >

> > I think you make a big mistake here in linking hardcore/casual to time played. A player can play 6+ hours a day and still be casual. Hardcore or casual refers more to how deep you are into the more difficult content like raiding and higher level fractals and PvP modes. The term for a player who plays a lot but isn't a hardcore player would be a dedicated player. I easily play 4 hours a day most days but I don't consider myself hardcore because I don't care about the harder content in this game. I just do stuff like map completion, crafting, some collections and masteries.

> >

> > But to be hardcore I'd have to dive into the meta and git gud. Although I like to have some sense to my builds, I am not interested in going hardcore in this game. For me to be interested in that the classes and combat in general would have to be more interesting to me and I don't really see them making such big changes.

> >

> >

>

> I was using the term in relation to time spent in game. Reason being simple: more time spent is likely directly affecting content consumed which directly relates to this topic. Sure there might be a ton of people semi-afk in town just chatting with friends who do not consume content as fast as others, I'd wager those are in the minority though.

>

> > Hardcore Gamer

> > Someone who plays video games as a primary hobby. They tend to spend large amounts of time playing games, often in excess of two or three hours a day.

> >

> https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hardcore%20Gamer

>

> You can call yourself dedicated if it makes you feel better, besides being a different term, it changes nothing in relation to time spent and content consumed (and using a less stigmatic term). I've personally never assumed hardcore gamers to have to "get gud", it was always a function of time spent (both for the term hardcore as well as casual) for me.

Well it's not about what makes me feel better but I know there are people who play a lot of hours and do not consume content as fast. Casual players often go through content more slowly because they are no so driven to get from A to B but are more about the journey than the destination. So that's why the comparison purely on time spent is too simplistic.

The irony is that if you keep reading the explanation of a hardcore gamer that you linked there, you see exactly what I am talking about. It confirms that challenge is a key element of hardcore games.

You really should read more than just the first couple of lines.

It's barely enough, and honestly i find myself playing less and less of the game...

Sure you have a lot of distractions added that mask the lack of content, like really stretched out collections and achievements that soak up more time than the end-result is worth.

But i'll elaborate:

**Story-wise** i think it's slow, at this point, barring the "content droughts" pre and post HoT, the current Living World cadence is the slowest ever. And LWS3 was feeling slow already. I think they've backed themselves into a corner in Season 3. Raising the level of expectation to having a new map with each episode is obviously going to make things slower for them.

I'd rather have something between season 2 and season 3.

I'd revise the releases having Chapters+ Episodes inside the Living World Seasons.

Chapters would have the ~3 month cadence and include a new map. Episodes would feature mostly only story beats with a few new items, and maybe increasing the explorable areas in the already released map (like with Dry Top). This should allow more frequent "Episodes" (maybe back to the monthly or bi-weekly releases) and a more developed story (assuming that adding story points isn't that hard, and that the writing team has the ability to get stuff prepared beforehand).

In terms of the **balance** team. I personally find their efforts grossly insufficient to the point it's damaging the game overall.

PvP is kinda weird. I find the seasons to be too short and packed, so in a way its like it has too much content, or at least it pushes you to "grind and farm" the game mode, which is what most people do. This of course cripples the competitive aspect, but makes it feel more active.

This, of course isn't really "content", since i don't think it has seen any new content since maybe PoF release?

WvW is similar to PvP in that it barely sees anything new, and when it does, it's often hit or miss.

Given that Arena Net isn't really that transparent, it's hard to know if it's just poor resource allocation, or simply enough people left working there, but since PoF the game, for me, has felt more and more stale, with releases feeling on a loop.

The only breath of fresh air came with the Festival of the Four winds (despite it's issues), and the Winning Weapons which were some of the most fun i've had since PoF released.

The answer is a resounding No.... and thats mainly due to how players view "content".

The term "Content" in the modern context roughly equates to an experience that is described as "consumed" rather then played. Its also grown out of a basis used for "value measurement", and has links to the $60 and 40 hour value myth.

Its a big issue, because it doesn't have any real correlation to enjoyment, despite the fact that most discussions imply this notion at its foundations. Like Kourna is a big map, with lots of stuff going on, with lots of collections and side activities; yet there were many complaints levied against how sparse it felt, along with the incomplete meta indicating there was even more content cut during production. What was on offer is arguably complete, functional, and meets all the check boxes for having as much content as any other LS map- but wasn't widely considered a satisfying experience.

And therein lies one of our biggest problems...... how do you define a satisfying experience? Especially when people like or dislike different things, and get vocally upset whenever anything they dislike is present in the game. Since "content" can be both fulfill or become a barrier to a satisfying experience, and the rate at which players burn through content has been accelerating over time, I'd say it'll never be possible to keep players satisfied for more then a week before they'll want something new or different. WoW, with all its resources, couldn't keep pace with its own player base..... what hope does any other developer have then?

Also consider the Pre-WoW era of MMOs were also less dependent on churn of "content" to keep players engaged. Most of that was derived from the game play or player interactions, and the "content" as we know call it was just there to help facilitate those interactions. But as players got more selfishly focused, and even anti-social, they forced more reliance on game proctored events and a string of rewards to hold their attention. I can easily describe it as "anything that is a barrier to satisfying the player's ego, is immediately labeled as "bad" by the players". Bad design, Bad decisions, Bad rewards, Bad Story, etc. And with nothing else to interact with than themselves and the game, what else is a player going to focus on? Content gets boring, PvP becomes toxic, things take too long, things happen too quick, the list goes on and on.

There are a TON of things to do in this game. But how much of it do you actually enjoy? And its in that question you find a good estimate of how much content they think the game has.

For me: Plenty of things to do - very few enjoyable things _for me_ to do.

_____

I feel that they are adding more than enough content to the game, just not content that I'm interested in taking part in as I find the entire meta-farm, time-sink, time-gating and collection-gating aspects of the implementation of the majority of the content to be extremely uninteresting and uncreative and not something anywhere near being fun.

Unfortunately, even old content that used to be very enjoyable to me has had most of what I found 'fun' removed from them. Even the Four Winds festival returning came back with the thing that I enjoyed most from when it originally released completely removed. It was my favorite festival and I played it for a dozen hours each day when it was new - logged in twice for an hour and never returned in this new form.

I wish they would stop destroying old content and also broaden their vision for the game in the new content they release beyond grind and busy work to keep people doing 'something' until the next busy work release is pushed out. I don't think it has been about fun content for a long time - it's just mindless stuff that takes long enough to do to keep people logged in until the next mindless stuff can get pumped out. Just very saddened by what this once-extremely fun game has become. :\

Yes because you have to consider it as a whole. Between all the game modes there is plenty to do. If your only playing 1 specific mode then i can see why you feel there isnt enough. People need to realize its hard to do content for multiple modes to satisfy everyone everytime. Anet does a great job for a F2P game. Most mmo with this model is just plain bad. If they had a sub fee im sure they would do so much more. With that money they can hire more people to do more things. People are quick to compare its content to WoW, FF14 and ESO which is unfair as they do require a sub fee.

There are a lot of missed opportunities and some of the already existing content is almost unusable for the majority of the playerbase thanks to A-Net creating a ridiculously high barrier of entrance when there should be none. The beetle controls like a "race car" which makes me want to have a whole game mode based on beetle racing. Are we ever going to get one? Most likely not. I'd also like a deathmatch option for custom PvP rooms (one would think that one should have been a no brainer for the dev. team).

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > Depends on what content you like and what type of player you are. Breaking it down I'd say:

> > > >

> > > > - ultra hardcore 6+ hours per day game time -> by far not enough unless the player finds ways to extend longevity with crafting multiple legendarys, running content multiple times, etc.

> > > >

> > > > - hardcore 3+ hours per day -> will still reach the boundaries of what can be done. If not achievement hunting, definitely not enough content

> > > >

> > > > - gamer 1-2 hours per day -> barely enough content, will have to take breaks and let content catch up

> > > >

> > > > - semi-casual gamer with a couple of nights per week game time -> game should be fine content wise

> > > >

> > > > - ultra-casual gamer with a couple of hours per week top -> have you left core Tyria yet?

> > >

> > > I think you make a big mistake here in linking hardcore/casual to time played. A player can play 6+ hours a day and still be casual. Hardcore or casual refers more to how deep you are into the more difficult content like raiding and higher level fractals and PvP modes. The term for a player who plays a lot but isn't a hardcore player would be a dedicated player. I easily play 4 hours a day most days but I don't consider myself hardcore because I don't care about the harder content in this game. I just do stuff like map completion, crafting, some collections and masteries.

> > >

> > > But to be hardcore I'd have to dive into the meta and git gud. Although I like to have some sense to my builds, I am not interested in going hardcore in this game. For me to be interested in that the classes and combat in general would have to be more interesting to me and I don't really see them making such big changes.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I was using the term in relation to time spent in game. Reason being simple: more time spent is likely directly affecting content consumed which directly relates to this topic. Sure there might be a ton of people semi-afk in town just chatting with friends who do not consume content as fast as others, I'd wager those are in the minority though.

> >

> > > Hardcore Gamer

> > > Someone who plays video games as a primary hobby. They tend to spend large amounts of time playing games, often in excess of two or three hours a day.

> > >

> > https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hardcore%20Gamer

> >

> > You can call yourself dedicated if it makes you feel better, besides being a different term, it changes nothing in relation to time spent and content consumed (and using a less stigmatic term). I've personally never assumed hardcore gamers to have to "get gud", it was always a function of time spent (both for the term hardcore as well as casual) for me.

>

> Well it's not about what makes me feel better but I know there are people who play a lot of hours and do not consume content as fast. Casual players often go through content more slowly because they are no so driven to get from A to B but are more about the journey than the destination. So that's why the comparison purely on time spent is too simplistic.

>

> The irony is that if you keep reading the explanation of a hardcore gamer that you linked there, you see exactly what I am talking about. It confirms that challenge is a key element of hardcore games.

>

> You really should read more than just the first couple of lines.

What journey? If someone completes the content (lets say the lw episode in this case) in an hour does that mean they care less about the journey? Do i have to afk for 30 mins after every dialogue or instance to be considered someone who values the journey?

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> It's barely enough, and honestly i find myself playing less and less of the game...

> Sure you have a lot of distractions added that mask the lack of content, like really stretched out collections and achievements that soak up more time than the end-result is worth.

>

> But i'll elaborate:

> **Story-wise** i think it's slow, at this point, barring the "content droughts" pre and post HoT, the current Living World cadence is the slowest ever. And LWS3 was feeling slow already. I think they've backed themselves into a corner in Season 3. Raising the level of expectation to having a new map with each episode is obviously going to make things slower for them.

> I'd rather have something between season 2 and season 3.

> I'd revise the releases having Chapters+ Episodes inside the Living World Seasons.

> Chapters would have the ~3 month cadence and include a new map. Episodes would feature mostly only story beats with a few new items, and maybe increasing the explorable areas in the already released map (like with Dry Top). This should allow more frequent "Episodes" (maybe back to the monthly or bi-weekly releases) and a more developed story (assuming that adding story points isn't that hard, and that the writing team has the ability to get stuff prepared beforehand).

>

Thats basically se4 but with more updates.

Id rather see the number of maps drop to 2 or so per year (one every 5 or so months) while the rest of the story further expands these maps/ takes place in already existing ones and bring new events in the maps (maybe small changes) and story.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > Depends on what content you like and what type of player you are. Breaking it down I'd say:

> > > > >

> > > > > - ultra hardcore 6+ hours per day game time -> by far not enough unless the player finds ways to extend longevity with crafting multiple legendarys, running content multiple times, etc.

> > > > >

> > > > > - hardcore 3+ hours per day -> will still reach the boundaries of what can be done. If not achievement hunting, definitely not enough content

> > > > >

> > > > > - gamer 1-2 hours per day -> barely enough content, will have to take breaks and let content catch up

> > > > >

> > > > > - semi-casual gamer with a couple of nights per week game time -> game should be fine content wise

> > > > >

> > > > > - ultra-casual gamer with a couple of hours per week top -> have you left core Tyria yet?

> > > >

> > > > I think you make a big mistake here in linking hardcore/casual to time played. A player can play 6+ hours a day and still be casual. Hardcore or casual refers more to how deep you are into the more difficult content like raiding and higher level fractals and PvP modes. The term for a player who plays a lot but isn't a hardcore player would be a dedicated player. I easily play 4 hours a day most days but I don't consider myself hardcore because I don't care about the harder content in this game. I just do stuff like map completion, crafting, some collections and masteries.

> > > >

> > > > But to be hardcore I'd have to dive into the meta and git gud. Although I like to have some sense to my builds, I am not interested in going hardcore in this game. For me to be interested in that the classes and combat in general would have to be more interesting to me and I don't really see them making such big changes.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I was using the term in relation to time spent in game. Reason being simple: more time spent is likely directly affecting content consumed which directly relates to this topic. Sure there might be a ton of people semi-afk in town just chatting with friends who do not consume content as fast as others, I'd wager those are in the minority though.

> > >

> > > > Hardcore Gamer

> > > > Someone who plays video games as a primary hobby. They tend to spend large amounts of time playing games, often in excess of two or three hours a day.

> > > >

> > > https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hardcore%20Gamer

> > >

> > > You can call yourself dedicated if it makes you feel better, besides being a different term, it changes nothing in relation to time spent and content consumed (and using a less stigmatic term). I've personally never assumed hardcore gamers to have to "get gud", it was always a function of time spent (both for the term hardcore as well as casual) for me.

> >

> > Well it's not about what makes me feel better but I know there are people who play a lot of hours and do not consume content as fast. Casual players often go through content more slowly because they are no so driven to get from A to B but are more about the journey than the destination. So that's why the comparison purely on time spent is too simplistic.

> >

> > The irony is that if you keep reading the explanation of a hardcore gamer that you linked there, you see exactly what I am talking about. It confirms that challenge is a key element of hardcore games.

> >

> > You really should read more than just the first couple of lines.

>

> What journey? If someone completes the content (lets say the lw episode in this case) in an hour does that mean they care less about the journey? Do i have to afk for 30 mins after every dialogue or instance to be considered someone who values the journey?

Again I must ask you take more care in reading. I neither said nor implied that.

We don't all consume content at the same speed. It is, however, certainly true that people who rush through the story to get to the end as quickly as they can, clearly value the story less or at least differently than those who take their time to go through it. That has nothing to do with that silly notion of going afk for 30 minutes incidentally. And even people who value the story in equal amounts will likely not go through such content at equal speeds as there are more factors in play why someone would take more time than another. And well, I think you would agree that someone who goes through content more slowly, will not need new content as quickly.

Really, there is no need for you to get upset at me over things I didn't actually say.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > It's barely enough, and honestly i find myself playing less and less of the game...

> > Sure you have a lot of distractions added that mask the lack of content, like really stretched out collections and achievements that soak up more time than the end-result is worth.

> >

> > But i'll elaborate:

> > **Story-wise** i think it's slow, at this point, barring the "content droughts" pre and post HoT, the current Living World cadence is the slowest ever. And LWS3 was feeling slow already. I think they've backed themselves into a corner in Season 3. Raising the level of expectation to having a new map with each episode is obviously going to make things slower for them.

> > I'd rather have something between season 2 and season 3.

> > I'd revise the releases having Chapters+ Episodes inside the Living World Seasons.

> > Chapters would have the ~3 month cadence and include a new map. Episodes would feature mostly only story beats with a few new items, and maybe increasing the explorable areas in the already released map (like with Dry Top). This should allow more frequent "Episodes" (maybe back to the monthly or bi-weekly releases) and a more developed story (assuming that adding story points isn't that hard, and that the writing team has the ability to get stuff prepared beforehand).

> >

>

> Thats basically se4 but with more updates.

> Id rather see the number of maps drop to 2 or so per year (one every 5 or so months) while the rest of the story further expands these maps/ takes place in already existing ones and bring new events in the maps (maybe small changes) and story.

In a way it's still close to S4. They have proven they can do an whole episode in 2 months for S3. Having 3 months to complete the map would allow leeway to finish the smaller story episodes.

And yes, one of my points with that "suggestion" would be that it would be less chained to the new maps, allowing us to revisit old ones.

I've also even "suggested" in the past that if keeping the current cadence and release format i'd rather that now and again, they take the story into old maps, and use the resources available that allow them to create whole new ones to rework the old maps, and refresh them to the current content.