Using WvW mechanics in PvE

Is it possible to create/adapt some pve meta content with the existing combat mechanics in wvw? I am referring specifically to the mechanics of war machines and castles/keeps, that kind of stuff. It could make for a nice guild activity, or even for multiple guilds, with dynamic ai events and stuff fighting back. It might be a little bit like vb's meta, tho not as fragmented as vb.

You can use any of the baddies as the ai enemy, whether awakened, branded, blabla. Also, making the ai events more easily adjustable (by Anet) so that things can be balanced/tweaked. Using existing maps like core maps.

If the system is designed to be malleable, it could be copy-pasted into any new base maps easily

There might be valid concern that this might affect the wvw population, but the upcoming wvw system rework should help with providing enough population for wvw servers? The people who are drawn to proper wvw against human players prolly overlap little with those drawn to metas. Its like dota pvp vs dota against bots

(I am allergic to all pvp-content, and I'm terrible at them)

P. S. I want to play WvE

I'll have to agree that SilverWastes is a good match, even if you can't throw down your own siege.

On the other hand, I usually don't care about siege in WvW, but I'd love being able to carry some supply and throw them down in PvE sometimes... A well placed ballista would do wonders against some bosses, and an AC for taking down all the trash mobs quickly.

I was thinking about Silverwastes too. You can't place your own siege but if you build the forts up you can use defensive siege like pouring oil over the gates and even calling down an air strike. Other than that it's very similar - take over forts held by enemies then defend them and protect dolyaks bringing supplies to build up the defenses. Only difference is that if it goes well it periodically builds up to a big event chain, then resets.

Otherwise play WvW in off-hours (if you're able to) or in the Edge of the Mists and it's basically PvE. I spent an hour and a half in WvW on Monday and fought 1 other person - other than that it was all taking over camps, control points and shrines (Desert Borderlands) and when someone had the siege a tower and just fighting NPCs to get them. The only problem is because WvW is designed for lots of players it can be quite slow when there's just a few of you and no enemies.

Silverwaste isn't quite the closest match to what I'm vaguely hoping for, at least, not the sw meta.

A closer match might be:

1) ds' Lane progress style and checkpoints

2) utility of turrets/ballista/catapults like in teq, but also utilised by the enemy ai. Like the role that stalkers play in that guild challenge of defend the barrel. Maybe manual setting of mine fields

3) a network structure of outposts like vb

4) a supply chain system, that depends on retaining control of a chain of forts (a teleport system like in SL might be good),with buildable ai defenses to buy time for response teams to arrive. Somewhat like toypocalypse.

5) mounts enabled

6) layered map might be good (not to the extent of td)

7) enemies come in cohesive squads, like doric white mantle, forged teams, but in formations etc, assaulting randomised areas, along with specials like thornhearts and chanpions

8) mobs come as a zerg, not in waves, or timed encounters. Like in the core maps, or is ds, they travel

But nvm then, no one else wants it

Thanks for the replies and suggestions tho. Sw in its current form is too structured and defensive for me

No one has said they don't want what you've asked for. The problem is what you originally said is you want a PvE version of WvW (which, as discussed, we've pretty much already got), but based on your latest post it sounds like what you actually want doesn't function like WvW at all, so no one understood your actual request.

I don't know how much WvW you've played but there are no lanes and the keeps, towers etc. aren't connected. Each tower and keep receives supply from the 2 nearest camps if they're controlled by the same team, but that's it. It's generally easier to capture objectives closest to your current territory first, but only because you don't have to run as far and there's less risk of meeting enemies along the way - there's no actual benefit to controlling a chain of objectives vs, random ones dotted around the map. So the gameplay is more like taking over 1 stand-alone objective, then picking another stand-alone objective (which could be anywhere on the map) and maybe returning to one to defend it if you realise it's under attack and it's worth holding onto. A lot of servers prefer to flip them - let the enemy take them and then take them back later - because you get more rewards that way.

Siege being used by both sides in the same fight and enemies in cohesive squads is possible, but optimistic for WvW. Maybe in top tier servers at peak times when all the serious WvW guilds are on you get that. But in my experience (playing on a mid-level server) it's most likely that if the defending side has siege, especially inside a tower or keep, the attacking side will abandon their attack because they're going to lose a lot of siege, supply and people trying to get it and it's just not worth it. Same with organised squads roaming the map - you sometimes get 'havoc' squads who roam around away from the main zerg looking for undefended objectives they can take, and of course there's gankers who will hide near the enemy base looking for inexperienced, solo players they can kill easily then act like it's some great victory to kill someone who didn't even turn off auto-run.

What you've suggested does sound interesting but more like Dragon's Stand with more structures and defending phases/options than WvW.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> No one has said they don't want what you've asked for. The problem is what you originally said is you want a PvE version of WvW (which, as discussed, we've pretty much already got), but based on your latest post it sounds like what you actually want doesn't function like WvW at all, so no one understood your actual request.

Oh... I've only looked around in the waiting area of wvw, so all that I know comes from my friend's description, and mostly regarding the siege mechanics, my bad

> @"casualkenny.9817" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > No one has said they don't want what you've asked for. The problem is what you originally said is you want a PvE version of WvW (which, as discussed, we've pretty much already got), but based on your latest post it sounds like what you actually want doesn't function like WvW at all, so no one understood your actual request.

>

>

> Oh... I've only looked around in the waiting area of wvw, so all that I know comes from my friend's description, and mostly regarding the siege mechanics, my bad

>

> Should I unclose this and edit the first post then? Not asking you to endorse it, just your opinion

So you open a forum thread asking to replicate mechanics from WvW to PvE, and you've actually never set foot in WvW ?

LOL, no offense, but LOL

> @"GenghisKhan.7842" said:

> > @"casualkenny.9817" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > No one has said they don't want what you've asked for. The problem is what you originally said is you want a PvE version of WvW (which, as discussed, we've pretty much already got), but based on your latest post it sounds like what you actually want doesn't function like WvW at all, so no one understood your actual request.

> >

> >

> > Oh... I've only looked around in the waiting area of wvw, so all that I know comes from my friend's description, and mostly regarding the siege mechanics, my bad

> >

> > Should I unclose this and edit the first post then? Not asking you to endorse it, just your opinion

>

> So you open a forum thread asking to replicate mechanics from WvW to PvE, and you've actually never set foot in WvW ?

> LOL, no offense, but LOL

lol well, a mistake is a mistake, no excuses

> @"casualkenny.9817" said:

> > @"GenghisKhan.7842" said:

> > > @"casualkenny.9817" said:

> > > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > No one has said they don't want what you've asked for. The problem is what you originally said is you want a PvE version of WvW (which, as discussed, we've pretty much already got), but based on your latest post it sounds like what you actually want doesn't function like WvW at all, so no one understood your actual request.

> > >

> > >

> > > Oh... I've only looked around in the waiting area of wvw, so all that I know comes from my friend's description, and mostly regarding the siege mechanics, my bad

> > >

> > > Should I unclose this and edit the first post then? Not asking you to endorse it, just your opinion

> >

> > So you open a forum thread asking to replicate mechanics from WvW to PvE, and you've actually never set foot in WvW ?

> > LOL, no offense, but LOL

>

> lol well, a mistake is a mistake, no excuses

Thats The spirit ?