Nerf reaper

Coolguy.8702

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Susy.7529" said:

> Why talking about anything else while Mesmers are still "god-ing" around?

At least mesmer (while still op) is mainly single target damage and less common then necro. Just about all of reapers skills are aoe and unblockable which makes them a real pain in teamfights.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> Jesus...

>

> Necro is such a kitten slow class that it's quite susceptible anyways. Reaper-Shroud should hit hard - you're supposed to be a frigging Shinigami going all Bankai! and Getsuga Tenshou-ing everything down. The only real hard-hitting skill is Soul Spiral anyway and Scourge should've already teached people not to camp on points when you'd die on them - dead people won't do anything anyway.

Hmmmmm.

i bet you play bleach brave souls or some thing like that

am i right ?

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Coolguy.8702" said:

> > > @"Susy.7529" said:

> > > Why talking about anything else while Mesmers are still "god-ing" around?

> >

> > Just about all of reapers skills are aoe **and unblockable.**

>

> Bold: No they aren't.

that is starting to make me smile when i see these post about the unblockable necro attacks cuz they dont know that the necro in gw2 have the least unblockable attacks aside from NCSY

> @"Coolguy.8702" said:

> Its too strong in pvp rn, in a game mode where you have to stand on a point they dominate you hard.

> There autos in shroud hit at least 9k per hit and reaper 4 skill can go to 30k aoe. Their chill is also way too op

>

>

> Id suggest a 30% nerf to all shroud abilities or increase reaper shroud cd to 20 sec like celestial avatar

nerf warrior rampage, mesmer shatter, thief 3 round burst, rev staff 5 first before you complain about how "bursty" reaper is in pvp.

or you know "just dodge"

> @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > Jesus...

> >

> > Necro is such a kitten slow class that it's quite susceptible anyways. Reaper-Shroud should hit hard - you're supposed to be a frigging Shinigami going all Bankai! and Getsuga Tenshou-ing everything down. The only real hard-hitting skill is Soul Spiral anyway and Scourge should've already teached people not to camp on points when you'd die on them - dead people won't do anything anyway.

>

> Hmmmmm.

> i bet you play bleach brave souls or some thing like that

> am i right ?

I've read the manga until it turned into utter bullshit after the Aizen-arc.

This Patch made me returning to my main class - Necro.

I like the Quickness, that makes this spec somehow more viable when leaving the shroud. I just dont know why they dont add such a thing to core shroud with it's 1 sec cd and Projectile autoattack... .

Auto attack chain (incl. Lifeforce gain) is now the best Reaper shroud skill. If you use Shroud 4 you loose a lot of your Lifeforce. Doing auttoattacks instead keeps your lifeforce-bar up while doing a lot of dmg.

I would not confirm that it is op yet, cause people just need to step back and wait, when necro enters shroud. Cause without autoattacks Shroud drops really fast. So as some others mentioned above ... Reaper is glassy. Only 2 dodges and when u corrupt their stab and cc him it's an easy kill.

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > Its too strong in pvp rn, in a game mode where you have to stand on a point they dominate you hard.

> > There autos in shroud hit at least 9k per hit and reaper 4 skill can go to 30k aoe. Their chill is also way too op

> >

> >

> > Id suggest a 30% nerf to all shroud abilities or increase reaper shroud cd to 20 sec like celestial avatar

>

> nerf warrior rampage, mesmer shatter, thief 3 round burst, **rev staff 5** first before you complain about how "bursty" reaper is in pvp.

>

> or you know "just dodge"

They already did that. Twice. You can eat a whole Surge of the Mists and still not do as much damage as a reaper autoattack.

I don't think reaper is broken but you could literally pick any other skill to target and it'd make more sense lol

> @"SPESHAL.9106" said:

> It's pretty funny how a patch designed for PvE necros has people freaking out in PvP.

>

> In PvP, the RO change will actually turn out to be a nerf because every necro that gives up BB will have less LF and less survivability. This translates to a big nerf overall because glassy necros are a huge liability to any team.

THIS!

Reaper's Onslaught is a no go in serious PvP. The Life Force and healing loss seems low on paper but turns out to be huge in reality. Every semi competent player will outsustain you.

Just try it out.

Without Reaper's Onslaught all that Reaper got, is a 300 Ferocity buff on Death Perception and a few Might from Gluttony. That's it. Nothing to freak out about.

> @"ventusthunder.5067" said:

> > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > @"Coolguy.8702" said:

> > > Its too strong in pvp rn, in a game mode where you have to stand on a point they dominate you hard.

> > > There autos in shroud hit at least 9k per hit and reaper 4 skill can go to 30k aoe. Their chill is also way too op

> > >

> > >

> > > Id suggest a 30% nerf to all shroud abilities or increase reaper shroud cd to 20 sec like celestial avatar

> >

> > nerf warrior rampage, mesmer shatter, thief 3 round burst, **rev staff 5** first before you complain about how "bursty" reaper is in pvp.

> >

> > or you know "just dodge"

>

>You can eat a whole Surge of the Mists and still not do as much damage as a reaper autoattack.

This is demonstrably false.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > Why would you use marauder?

> >

> > I usually flip between demolisher's, marauder, and Paladin depending on the enemy comp.

> >

> > Valk (yes I know you think it's good) isn't viable because you end up having crappy offensive pressure when not in shroud. You can try some janky build with Decimate Defenses, but you have to make compromises to make that work and you get screwed the moment someone cleanses your vuln.

> >

>

> I don't think DD builds are any jankier than the other trait choices at that tier... Yes, you have to battle cleanse, but it's not like you don't constantly reapply vulnerability with almost everything you do. What would you even take instead that you don't think is janky? CV is even more easily countered by cleanse and isn't even as big of a bonus now that Gluttony gives might... And SE is just lulz since, like, if somebody's gonna let you actually land a bunch of GS skills on them, you'd of destroyed them no matter what build you're using.

Yes reaper applies vuln regularly, but in order to get enough crit out of Decimate Defenses to make Valk work you have to be maintaining at least 20 stacks, which is not going to happen in any realistic fight.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"ventusthunder.5067" said:

> > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > > @"Coolguy.8702" said:

> > > > Its too strong in pvp rn, in a game mode where you have to stand on a point they dominate you hard.

> > > > There autos in shroud hit at least 9k per hit and reaper 4 skill can go to 30k aoe. Their chill is also way too op

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Id suggest a 30% nerf to all shroud abilities or increase reaper shroud cd to 20 sec like celestial avatar

> > >

> > > nerf warrior rampage, mesmer shatter, thief 3 round burst, **rev staff 5** first before you complain about how "bursty" reaper is in pvp.

> > >

> > > or you know "just dodge"

> >

> >You can eat a whole Surge of the Mists and still not do as much damage as a reaper autoattack.

> This is demonstrably false.

>

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > Why would you use marauder?

> > >

> > > I usually flip between demolisher's, marauder, and Paladin depending on the enemy comp.

> > >

> > > Valk (yes I know you think it's good) isn't viable because you end up having crappy offensive pressure when not in shroud. You can try some janky build with Decimate Defenses, but you have to make compromises to make that work and you get screwed the moment someone cleanses your vuln.

> > >

> >

> > I don't think DD builds are any jankier than the other trait choices at that tier... Yes, you have to battle cleanse, but it's not like you don't constantly reapply vulnerability with almost everything you do. What would you even take instead that you don't think is janky? CV is even more easily countered by cleanse and isn't even as big of a bonus now that Gluttony gives might... And SE is just lulz since, like, if somebody's gonna let you actually land a bunch of GS skills on them, you'd of destroyed them no matter what build you're using.

>

> Yes reaper applies vuln regularly, but in order to get enough crit out of Decimate Defenses to make Valk work you have to be maintaining at least 20 stacks, which is not going to happen in any realistic fight.

>

>

Surge of the Mists does 42.5% of its original damage in PvP. Sure, in a vacuum, if you actually manage to eat all 9 hits, it'll hit harder. But taking into account meta builds and the bonuses the reaper vs. revenant will generally have up, it'll be close. Demonstratably. ;)

Anyway, I'm not here to argue. Simply stating that Surge of the Mists, after its nerfs from being a truly OP skill, is far from what any player should be complaining about.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > Just about all of reapers skills are aoe and unblockable

>

> Annnnd credibility hit 0.

Care to prove it??

And yes all of reaper and necro skills are aoe. Thats why they’ve been meta in WvW since launch. Wells are unblokable and if they use “Nothing can save you” then yes all of their skills are unblockable as well

> @"ventusthunder.5067" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"ventusthunder.5067" said:

> > > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > > > @"Coolguy.8702" said:

> > > > > Its too strong in pvp rn, in a game mode where you have to stand on a point they dominate you hard.

> > > > > There autos in shroud hit at least 9k per hit and reaper 4 skill can go to 30k aoe. Their chill is also way too op

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Id suggest a 30% nerf to all shroud abilities or increase reaper shroud cd to 20 sec like celestial avatar

> > > >

> > > > nerf warrior rampage, mesmer shatter, thief 3 round burst, **rev staff 5** first before you complain about how "bursty" reaper is in pvp.

> > > >

> > > > or you know "just dodge"

> > >

> > >You can eat a whole Surge of the Mists and still not do as much damage as a reaper autoattack.

> > This is demonstrably false.

> >

> > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > Why would you use marauder?

> > > >

> > > > I usually flip between demolisher's, marauder, and Paladin depending on the enemy comp.

> > > >

> > > > Valk (yes I know you think it's good) isn't viable because you end up having crappy offensive pressure when not in shroud. You can try some janky build with Decimate Defenses, but you have to make compromises to make that work and you get screwed the moment someone cleanses your vuln.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I don't think DD builds are any jankier than the other trait choices at that tier... Yes, you have to battle cleanse, but it's not like you don't constantly reapply vulnerability with almost everything you do. What would you even take instead that you don't think is janky? CV is even more easily countered by cleanse and isn't even as big of a bonus now that Gluttony gives might... And SE is just lulz since, like, if somebody's gonna let you actually land a bunch of GS skills on them, you'd of destroyed them no matter what build you're using.

> >

> > Yes reaper applies vuln regularly, but in order to get enough crit out of Decimate Defenses to make Valk work you have to be maintaining at least 20 stacks, which is not going to happen in any realistic fight.

> >

> >

>

> Surge of the Mists does 42.5% of its original damage in PvP. Sure, in a vacuum, if you actually manage to eat all 9 hits, it'll hit harder. But taking into account meta builds and the bonuses the reaper vs. revenant will generally have up, it'll be close. Demonstratably. ;)

>

> Anyway, I'm not here to argue. Simply stating that Surge of the Mists, after its nerfs from being a truly OP skill, is far from what any player should be complaining about.

As a rev main, I'm just happy people are still complaining about SotM and not Sw4.

I don't really want to participate in the thread because hyperbole, but here's my only issue:

* Can we please get rid of Chill of Death?

It's the epitome of what's wrong with passive traits and it didn't even get touched (as far as I remember) by the passive trait balance pass.

I keep hoping it'll get gutted or (preferably) reworked every balance patch, but here we are, damage crit sigils and all other passive traits nerfed in some way, with this passive big (for a passive) damage hit that removes boons.

Yeah sure, Reaper damage is high I guess, but so is every other thing worth using in the game since PoF dropped. At least the game is more active now. So can we please get rid of this and all the other passive proc crap once and for all?

> @"Coolguy.8702" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > Just about all of reapers skills are aoe and unblockable

> >

> > Annnnd credibility hit 0.

>

> Care to prove it??

> And yes all of reaper and necro skills are aoe. Thats why they’ve been meta in WvW since launch. Wells are unblokable and if they use “Nothing can save you” then yes all of their skills are unblockable as well

>

Every class has unblockable utility skills.

Signet of might and unstobable union also say hi.

The patch also didn't change the opportunity cost of taking ncsy over much much better utility picks.

> @"Coolguy.8702" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > Just about all of reapers skills are aoe and unblockable

> >

> > Annnnd credibility hit 0.

>

> Care to prove it??

> And yes all of reaper and necro skills are aoe. Thats why they’ve been meta in WvW since launch. Wells are unblokable and if they use “Nothing can save you” then yes all of their skills are unblockable as well

>

The proof would be your own comments.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Nothing_Can_Save_You!%22

4-5 seconds of unblockable every 25 seconds somehow changed into "all reaper skills are unblockable".

> @"Coolguy.8702" said:

> At least mesmer (while still op) is mainly single target damage and less common then necro. Just about all of reapers skills are aoe and unblockable which makes them a real pain in teamfights.

Everything about mesmer bursts is AoE. EVERYTHING. You couldn't be more wrong about this if you tried.

Want to be taken seriously? Learn how the game works, cry about balance after.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > >

> >

>

> The proof would be your own comments.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Nothing_Can_Save_You!%22

> 4-5 seconds of unblockable every 25 seconds somehow changed into "all reaper skills are unblockable".

>

>

> Everything about mesmer bursts is AoE. EVERYTHING. You couldn't be more wrong about this if you tried.

> Want to be taken seriously? Learn how the game works, cry about balance after.

>

>

It still makes all their skills unblockable.

Compare mirage aoe to reapers, lets see which one downs 3 targets faster. Exactly, reapers aoe is far more deadly than mirages.

I dont care if people (necro mains basically lul) dont take me seriously, my point still stands