revenants are ruining pvp (along with cheese guard w/ judge's intervention)

incisorr.9502

> @"Manimarco Devil.1790" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

>

> > If you want to add a cast time, I'm all for it as long as it's not biased.

> > This means that you will add cast times too:

> > Blink, Lightning Flash, Shadowstep, Steal, Infiltrator Signet, Merciful Intervention, Judges Intervention, Activation of Flesh wurm teleport, Activation of Spectral Walk and the rest of the stun breaks that also just happen to have a teleport.

> >

> > And yes, you can spectral walk off point and precast just as you teleport back onto point, extremely easy to do..

>

> That may not be a bad idea. How about all classes but thief should require cast times to teleports?

include the thief too... these are stun breaks people want cast Times on... doesnt make sense to me but might aswell be unbias about it.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> include the thief too... these are stun breaks people want cast Times on... doesnt make sense to me but might aswell be unbias about it.

That seems like a separate issue. Stunbreaks should be decoupled from teleports. This game would be a lot easier to balance if each skill had a more specific use case instead of just mashing 4 different things into one skill.

>

> > include the thief too... these are stun breaks people want cast Times on... doesnt make sense to me but might aswell be unbias about it.

>

> That seems like a separate issue. Stunbreaks should be decoupled from teleports. This game would be a lot easier to balance if each skill had a more specific use case instead of just mashing 4 different things into one skill.

which is all skills in GW2 but people are asking to specifically remove Guardians, it's not like Judges Intervention can apply block, daze, cripple, slow, protection, immobolise, apply damage and transfer conditions off 1 skill... I'm just saying give this "love" to all the classes under the same circumstances, don't be bias about it.

>

> > If you want to add a cast time, I'm all for it as long as it's not biased.

> > This means that you will add cast times too:

> > Blink, Lightning Flash, Shadowstep, Steal, Infiltrator Signet, Merciful Intervention, Judges Intervention, Activation of Flesh wurm teleport, Activation of Spectral Walk and the rest of the stun breaks that also just happen to have a teleport.

> >

> > And yes, you can spectral walk off point and precast just as you teleport back onto point, extremely easy to do..

>

> That may not be a bad idea. How about all classes but thief should require cast times to teleports?

That sounds un-biased!

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> Is this about revenants/guardians or about a necro dying to DE(intended outcome)?

I've had my comments removed in other threads for "derailing the discussion" even proposing core guard changes in a DH overhaul thread. I guess the mods are on vacation.

> @"kasoki.5180" said:

> > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > Yes let put a cast time on judge's intervention. Lets make the slowest class in the game a little slower.

>

> If you play GS variant of the build, you have two teleports (JI and Sword#2) and one leap skill from GS. Its far from slowest class. Not to mention how its a class with great condi cleans which also include movement impairing effects. I personally played this and never felt that I was drastically more slow than my warrior or mesmer

>

> Judge's Intervention "combo" is broken. Its a gimmick due to a bad design where instant skills can be cast while channeling other skills which results in output disproportionate to effort. The problem isn't that there is this skill or "combo" that does insane damage output. Problem is how little effort it takes to do it compared to the output it does.

Warrior and especially Mesmer are both faster then guardian and its easier for them to be faster. I have to use underwhelming runes to get 25% run speed enhancement. Guardians have almost no access to swiftness on dps builds. You are also complaining about instant combos with Hammer and then talking about using Greatsword! And I do use Greatsword because it is in fact superior to Hammer which makes the crying about Hammer even more stoopid. Yes with GS and 1h sword and using lousy runes you can get most of the speed built into other classes trying to fill your role although like I said with zero swiftness. Get over it an instant teleport on a 36 second cooldown. I may not be a highly ranked player and this is an alt account of mine but i've literally played as many games on Guardian as just about any one. They are slow and it was part of the design period.

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> Is this about revenants/guardians or about a necro dying to DE(intended outcome)?

its about revenants and guards and generally insta cast teleports not about some guy complaining about a non-instant cast ability that can be dodged and reflected and seen and LoS'd and yeah sure thief has some problems with those insta bursts too but its nowhere nearly as bad or as unfair as guard/rev are

i took a short break and what do i come back to? the same garbage premade clowns at 1.7-1.8k rating with their revenant garbage just zerging from 3 walls away with the 3 skills revenant has and rotating them over and over cus of how stupidly fucking forgiving revenants are and on top of that there was a cancer ferocity guard in their team that pretty much did 15k dmg to me before even actually starting to channel a single skill and just smite condition + passive procs + insta casts and stuff that occurs within 0,3 sec period literally shorter than a blink of an eye

then there's the part where guards dont even need target to do 15k dmg with a smite condi crit and glacial heart proc (lmao btwe)

playing revenant be like press 1 to iframe for 1 sec, press 2 to block for 10 sec with unblockable aoe blindness from you, press 3 to heal from dmg press 4 to teleport through 14 walls to target X_D

at ;least make their tps not work without line of sight or nerf the dmg to compensate

Yes let's nerf revenant again and keep noobreakers, noobeasts, noobeyes, scourages , memsers and yolosmith untouched because they are so hard to play and they take lot of skill to be good at.

Go create a noobreaker, in 1 hour gameplay you are already able to 2vs1 on point and be a champ with it.

Go try rev and be always downed for a week if you neverplayed it before.

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> its about revenants and guards and generally insta cast teleports not about some guy complaining about a non-instant cast ability that can be dodged and reflected and seen and LoS'd and yeah sure thief has some problems with those insta bursts too but its nowhere nearly as bad or as unfair as guard/rev are

>

> i took a short break and what do i come back to? the same garbage premade clowns at 1.7-1.8k rating with their revenant garbage just zerging from 3 walls away with the 3 skills revenant has and rotating them over and over cus of how stupidly kitten forgiving revenants are and on top of that there was a cancer ferocity guard in their team that pretty much did 15k dmg to me before even actually starting to channel a single skill and just smite condition + passive procs + insta casts and stuff that occurs within 0,3 sec period literally shorter than a blink of an eye

> then there's the part where guards dont even need target to do 15k dmg with a smite condi crit and glacial heart proc (lmao btwe)

>

> playing revenant be like press 1 to iframe for 1 sec, press 2 to block for 10 sec with unblockable aoe blindness from you, press 3 to heal from dmg press 4 to teleport through 14 walls to target X_D

> at ;least make their tps not work without line of sight or nerf the dmg to compensate

You clearly have no idea how revenant actually works. Go play it first and learn it well then come back and complain

The only people that have any reason to complain are necro and (maybe) ele mains. Anyone else's complaints are invalid. Revenant at least just got a major revamp which was much needed. It wasnt that long ago it was widely agreed Rev had become trash so the OP writing that wall of text is kinda hilarious.

This is what happens when you sell a game as casual but make pvp combat for the hardcore. PvP isnt fruit ninja

• 2 weeks later...

to target teleports in a tab target game in 2018 seriously the worst design ive ever seen in my life

all those melee classes arent actually melee they just operate the absolute same way as ranged classes do. 1-2-3-4-5 ,every ability teleports you to your enemy

thief, guard,rev they need absolutely zero feel of depth cause all their skills are either tp to your target or simply ranged despite them being melee class like seriously how the hell is anyone supposed to have any fun against this? wtf is the point of even using range if every ability in the game is gonna move them next to you? using a bow in spvp good meme LmaO btw (not like you cant do it but the moment u get on higher elo and ur team starts being abyssmally bad and boosted and u have to actually put more pressure than simply outperform 1 enemy to carry ur own weight then you get a random guard teleport at u and u cant even shoot him any more cus ur dmg gets reduced and cus he walks behind u and bow doesnt even work xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD)

i have made threads about this in the past they simply seem to accept these concepts which are just so wrong and which make pvp so much less fun than what it could be

THERE_IS_A_REASON_WHY_META_IS_WHAT_IT_IS_

thief = meta since 2012 due to teleports and while it recently hasnt been the best class or anything it can still find play with the same old teleport abusing builds

guard = judges intervention is pretty much a must for every single guardian build and has been since i remember this game

the other day i fought some rev i hit him 10 times then he used unrelenting assault and did more dmg to me with 1 iframe teleport than i did with 10 skills to him mesmer so good btw

melees in this game dont feel like melee except some garbage like ele which has 1 tp on sword and overall ele is the most melee class (how backwards is that) cus all the sword abilities are such low range with such small hitboxes and there's also a reason why ele is a joke

Wow ... this escalated quickly into a non-rev issues thread.

So it's more or less proofed that most people dont care about rev issues but about others.

There are simply too much situations/parameter that caps revenants power ... energy cap, stun brake cap, condi cleanse cap, healing skill cap. Three of 4 issues can determined by rev's oponents - So if people are dumb and attack rev while glint heal is active, dont cc him when locked in glint(right after legend swap) and dont know how to use condi pressure you actually dont deserve to win the fight. And all u need to dodge is sword #4 and #5 while #5 could be interrupted/dodged easy.

> @"Celestia.9128" said:

> Lol...did the GS-shatter-blink combo from stealth get deleted from history?

>

> Teleporting while channeling another skill? Check.

> Catch people off-guard? Check.

> Frontloaded damage? Check.

>

> A mes qq-ing about guard teleporting? That's rich. Selective memories are real bruh.

yea except you can use walls and LoS against that so it's not even remotely the same lmao. It actually has counterplay

also power mesmer is nothing but cheese anyway, if its burst fails its dead meat unlike rev and guard

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Judges Intervention is a problem. At least give it a 1/4 sec cast time (+ animation ofc).

>

> It has 36 secs CD. It actually is an underpowered skill and most guardians have moved away from it and hammer in general, since there are much better options.

It's not underpowered because all it is used for is to get an instant, low-effort trip to a selected target at the press of a button. It entirely negates opponent timing and positioning. The reason why the CD is an irrelevant factor is because of how JI is only a one-way trip. Since most fights can resolve long before 36s (and also if you're still fighting by then, you're probably still up near the target that you're going to be attacking with your melee weapon anyway), whether or not JI recharges at all is entirely irrelevant after its initial max-range, gap-closer usage.

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> Can't believe I am actually reading there is no skill needed for revenant and it is overpowered.

There's not really any skill required for a game like GW2, but revenant is basically a 5-button class. Everything revolves around a few meme skills which negate spacing, can nearly 1HKO players and which instantly save the rev without any timing required outside of a button press. The heavy mental work beyond that is just 2-3k autoattacks while facets give the user a passive 20+ might.