necro damage...a question to the dev/balance team.

Eddbopkins.2630

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The damage isnt much higher now than it was before. Its just that now people are speccing for damage via SR and RO instead of sustain via BM and BB. Even the amulet choice has changed.

You've gone from usually not taking any damage traits and a no crit damage amulet, 150% crit damage with paladins, to taking a critical damage amulet and two damage traits, 187% outside of shroud and 227% inside with demolisher. Its why necros now seem like they are doing "insane" damage and got a "huge buff" when relative to before its actually not that much of a change.

If people specced the same way now as they did before they would only be doing about ~10% less damage if you can hit 100% crit chance. And this is only in shroud. Outside of shroud the difference between then and now is nothing.

> @"santso.9201" said:

> When do ppl learn to walk away from reaper when in shroud...+damage is all what necro has.

They got lazy and decided they could facetank Reaper Shroud because, well, they could. That lousy line of play didn't have enough punishment before Scourge was released. Now they're upset that's no longer a good idea, because they were so focused on Scourge, they ignored the fact Reaper was getting damage buffs.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"santso.9201" said:

> > When do ppl learn to walk away from reaper when in shroud...+damage is all what necro has.

>

> They got lazy and decided they could facetank Reaper Shroud because, well, they could. That lousy line of play didn't have enough punishment before Scourge was released. Now they're upset that's no longer a good idea, because they were so focused on Scourge, they ignored the fact Reaper was getting damage buffs.

This necro community...jesus...on one hand you tell people to "gitgud" as they shouldn't get close to a necro...on the other hand you whine about ranged damage , asking for buffs against it.........GW2 playerbase is very uncompetitive ...

> @"santso.9201" said:

> When do ppl learn to walk away from reaper when in shroud...+damage is all what necro has.

And that's why I hit as hard out of shroud as i do in shroud.

Run? I'll axe you down with ranged and Want close action? I got my gs and reaper mode.

Usually on a non squishy I can get up to 5k damage just by ghastly claws. A squishy glass char I can get up to 8k+ with 1 skill.

Can get raped by every class but ele but the one class that u can avoid and has a high burst it's reaper? Wtf is it only higher players who see what's really op. Eng is very op in higher games rev and war.... Reaper thf mes rng and grd are just hoping they have a good eng rev or war for the win...

Power reaper still seems meh to me. You are an easy kill to start fights at the beginning of the game and doesn't one of the damage boosts require dropping blighter's boon? Are people doing that? How aren't you dieing like crazy? I've dabbled in power reaper, didn't like it and I think it sucks that cond reaper is basically dead, but I'll try it again seems dubious to me not having blighter's boon.

> @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> Power reaper still seems meh to me. You are an easy kill to start fights at the beginning of the game and doesn't one of the damage boosts require dropping blighter's boon? Are people doing that? How aren't you dieing like crazy? I've dabbled in power reaper, didn't like it and I think it sucks that cond reaper is basically dead, but I'll try it again seems dubious to me not having blighter's boon.

all about dem signets bruh

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > Power reaper still seems meh to me. You are an easy kill to start fights at the beginning of the game and doesn't one of the damage boosts require dropping blighter's boon? Are people doing that? How aren't you dieing like crazy? I've dabbled in power reaper, didn't like it and I think it sucks that cond reaper is basically dead, but I'll try it again seems dubious to me not having blighter's boon.

>

> all about dem signets bruh

Message me if you want a fun and tanky reaper build with no signets and using blighter s boon. I have a combo with blighter's that is just toooo fun. Tanky and hard hitting. Good ranged damage and epic close combat.

> @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> Power reaper still seems meh to me. You are an easy kill to start fights at the beginning of the game and doesn't one of the damage boosts require dropping blighter's boon? Are people doing that? How aren't you dieing like crazy? I've dabbled in power reaper, didn't like it and I think it sucks that cond reaper is basically dead, but I'll try it again seems dubious to me not having blighter's boon.

Try Blighters Boon with Blood is Power on your skill bar, it's a lot of LF for the first fight and 25 might instantly stacked.