Recommended healer for frontline zerg support?

Odokuro.5049

> @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > @"Sarlan.7682" said:

> > > > > And that's the beauty about heal Rev: you can get a healing range of 2.1k... Even tho your tablet does desummon afterwards and it's hard to pull of if you experience lag

> > > >

> > > > Not sure how that is a pro for frontline healing.

> > > >

> > > > I havent tried rev healer myself but everything I have seen in past videos have been pathetic compared to an ele (scrapper wasnt a thing then) that was healing twice as much standing AFK.

> > > >

> > > > Have the update to revs improved them that much?

> > >

> > > Well it was certainly an improvement to the passive healing and general utility of facets. I guess they really want people to play glint/ventari support.

> > >

> > > Pulsing protection and 1k regen to 10 people is not bad. Elevated compassion can also be used to heal 10 players periodically but then you lose out on boons for 5 more people, which makes draconic echo a better trait for bigger fights IMO. I guess it depends if you want to be the squad support or focus more on your subgroup.

> > >

> > > That's just glint.

> > >

> > > Ventari is still pretty much the same. The passive F2 healing is really bad and not worth mentioning. The tablet is meh. IMO it needs a radius increase, a stunbreak and the passive F2 needs a higher value. Perhaps a rework to the elite as well since It's rarely worth using.

> >

> > Rev tablet when u move to the allies allies are already miles away.....

> > It is extremelly haard paying atention to:

> > Who needs healing???

> > Where is the group of players that needs that healing????

> > Who are those allies and what condies do they have? should i use the tablet to heal or remove condis??? whatever u do will get u on low energy most probably.

> > Will them be affected by the healing or condi removal of skills? or will put others in preference ????

> > Meanwhile:

> > Keep an eye to range classes pin sniping others so u can use your tablet dome to cover/abosrb part of the damage, keep paying atention to your e-management.

> > U need to pay atention to pulls, spikes since people will notice ur the hard healer.

> > U need to avoid all the spam and red circles the best u can.

> > U need to manage energy towards your skills and when to burst heal your allies.

> > U need to keep using skill to pressure and damage targets.

> > Keep paying atention to the commander tag and your group movements.

>

> Do you feel like I don't know this? He asked, and I answered.

Was respondig to both.

Good thing u know :)

Look like Anet developers are the only ones that dont know maybe, cause its not in their gimmick way to lame things down. :astonished:

It should be as easy to aoe targets and it should be to heal with tablet.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Odokuro.5049" said:

> I'm coming back to GW2 after a hiatus, looking to try something new to me, what is a good recommended class/build for someone like me who wants to be on the frontlines healing people, for easier engagements.

No use doing numbers here. Healing rangers or other classes that cant stand their ground.

Full ministeral FB is the way to go. Trust me....

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"Sarlan.7682" said:

> > > > And that's the beauty about heal Rev: you can get a healing range of 2.1k... Even tho your tablet does desummon afterwards and it's hard to pull of if you experience lag

> > >

> > > Not sure how that is a pro for frontline healing.

> > >

> > > I havent tried rev healer myself but everything I have seen in past videos have been pathetic compared to an ele (scrapper wasnt a thing then) that was healing twice as much standing AFK.

> > >

> > > Have the update to revs improved them that much?

> >

> > Well it was certainly an improvement to the passive healing and general utility of facets. I guess they really want people to play glint/ventari support.

> >

> > Pulsing protection and 1k regen to 10 people is not bad. Elevated compassion can also be used to heal 10 players periodically but then you lose out on boons for 5 more people, which makes draconic echo a better trait for bigger fights IMO. I guess it depends if you want to be the squad support or focus more on your subgroup.

> >

> > That's just glint.

> >

> > Ventari is still pretty much the same. The passive F2 healing is really bad and not worth mentioning. The tablet is meh. IMO it needs a radius increase, a stunbreak and the passive F2 needs a higher value. Perhaps a rework to the elite as well since It's rarely worth using.

>

> Rev tablet when u move to the allies allies are already miles away.....

> It is extremelly haard paying atention to:

> Who needs healing???

> Where is the group of players that needs that healing????

> Who are those allies and what condies do they have? should i use the tablet to heal or remove condis??? whatever u do will get u on low energy most probably.

> Will them be affected by the healing or condi removal of skills? or will put others in preference ????

> Meanwhile:

> Keep an eye to range classes pin sniping others so u can use your tablet dome to cover/abosrb part of the damage, keep paying atention to your e-management.

> U need to pay atention to pulls, spikes since people will notice ur the hard healer.

> U need to avoid all the spam and red circles the best u can.

> U need to manage energy towards your skills and when to burst heal your allies.

> U need to keep using skill to pressure and damage targets.

> Keep paying atention to the commander tag and your group movements.

>

>

> The squad party UI is reaally bad if ur in a squad and try to see the players in your party, its design is extremelly limited and u wont get all findo on some player u can even see half of its toon image lol.

So pretty much like a banner heal warrior then. Its not really bad either but its nearly impossible to manage the "resources" (banners in this case) because the zerg always run away from them.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> **However!** We have perma Quickness with Elixer U and Applied Force.

Usually I take final salvo and bullwark-gyro + blast gyro as well as EG.

With superspeed you increase the passive healing of Rapid regeneration from 188 to 640/s.

So you get ~530 heal on 5 people (►2680/s instead of 790/s)

With quickness on medkit-1 you increase your active healing from 14k/s to 28k/s.

This is a ton more healing, but I find the superspeed in a group fight a bit more useful, to be honest.

But It is an interesting idea that I will try out. ^^

> But why stop there when we have Medical Dispersion Field?

> Backpack Regenerator = 226

As far as I know, Backpack regenerator doesn't trigger MDF.

Also, with the highest heal-stats and this amount of condiclear you should use comeback cure.

Since it is applied when removing conditions and the condition-removal-system is distributing better over the zerg, there is a high chance of getting regeneration on the whole zerg by over-cleansing your group. This way it's possible to get 14kh/s on a zerg within ACs without quickness. Regeneration will tick as high as MDF in that case.

> @"Dediggefedde.4961" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > **However!** We have perma Quickness with Elixer U and Applied Force.

> Usually I take final salvo and bullwark-gyro + blast gyro as well as EG.

> With superspeed you increase the passive healing of Rapid regeneration from 188 to 640/s.

> So you get ~530 heal on 5 people (►2680/s instead of 790/s)

> With quickness on medkit-1 you increase your active healing from 14k/s to 28k/s.

> This is a ton more healing, but I find the superspeed in a group fight a bit more useful, to be honest.

> But It is an interesting idea that I will try out. ^^

>

> > But why stop there when we have Medical Dispersion Field?

> > Backpack Regenerator = 226

> As far as I know, Backpack regenerator doesn't trigger MDF.

> Also, with the highest heal-stats and this amount of condiclear you should use comeback cure.

> Since it is applied when removing conditions and the condition-removal-system is distributing better over the zerg, there is a high chance of getting regeneration on the whole zerg by over-cleansing your group. This way it's possible to get 14kh/s on a zerg within ACs without quickness. Regeneration will tick as high as MDF in that case.

Yeah , noticed some inconsistencies with MDF.

The reason i did not take [Comback Cure] is that i only have 3 skills that "remove" condis.

* Medi pack 3

* Elixer Gun 3 + 5

I use Medi Pack 3 more for the Waterfield then activly trying to clean condis with it.

When im playing Heal Scrapper, i often get in the sutuation that i cant switch from Medi Pack to Elixergun, because every second im not using Medipack 1 i dont heal enough.

Basicly, my Warriors/Firebrand in my team think the have godmode when im behind them, so the moment i stop healing they die ...

But thats my server....

I think your right, i should change it to [Comback Cure].

> The reason i did not take [Comback Cure] is that i only have 3 skills that "remove" condis.

> * Medi pack 3

> * Elixer Gun 3 + 5

> I think your right, i should change it to [Comback Cure].

Just play as the zerg benefits most of you. ^^

Medi-pack 3 has a 15s CD and removes 4*5=20 conditions,

EG-3 a 12s CD and removes 25 conditions.

Also EG5 5, blasting light fields 5 (lots of blasts), and using F1 5.

Sometimes I also run supply crate for enemy bombs, which is turning ALL conditions of my party members (or 5 people with conditions) into boons...

According to arc DPS, regeneration is sometimes even stronger, but most of the time at least second best healing output to MDF.

I still wonder why purge gyro is not made to affect 5 people with each pulse...

But at the moment there is still a lot of condition pressure present here, while at your server maybe all scourges and revs have gone full power... Condition removal from the scrapper is really noticeable in our zergs.

> @"Wisdom.4712" said:

> A full minstrel gear Firebrand

People are still full minstrel Firebrands? Huh! I guess the commander would make sense...

If you're looking for pure heals, and support then go with scrapper. You should be spamming medkit, and super speed for your blob to push (even through bubbles). There is a high potential to have wasteful healing on scrapper which why super speed is your second priority. Stealth gyro is also an easy way to prevent 'pin snipe' if that is an issue on your server. Elixir gun can be nice for condi clears too as others have mentioned.

D:

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"Wisdom.4712" said:

> > A full minstrel gear Firebrand

>

> People are still full minstrel Firebrands? Huh! I guess the commander would make sense...

>

> If you're looking for pure heals, and support then go with scrapper. You should be spamming medkit, and super speed for your blob to push (even through bubbles). There is a high potential to have wasteful healing on scrapper which why super speed is your second priority. Stealth gyro is also an easy way to prevent 'pin snipe' if that is an issue on your server. Elixir gun can be nice for condi clears too as others have mentioned.

>

> D:

>

>

Misntrel firebrand is used by everyone... Where have you been living? Scrapper though, they don't provide much tbh.

> @"SloRules.3560" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > @"Wisdom.4712" said:

> > > A full minstrel gear Firebrand

> >

> > People are still full minstrel Firebrands? Huh! I guess the commander would make sense...

> >

> > If you're looking for pure heals, and support then go with scrapper. You should be spamming medkit, and super speed for your blob to push (even through bubbles). There is a high potential to have wasteful healing on scrapper which why super speed is your second priority. Stealth gyro is also an easy way to prevent 'pin snipe' if that is an issue on your server. Elixir gun can be nice for condi clears too as others have mentioned.

> >

> > D:

> >

> >

>

> Misntrel firebrand is used by everyone... Where have you been living? Scrapper though, they don't provide much tbh.

Don't get me wrong. A lot people still use minstrel (in part because it's expensive). I merely traded maybe 10-20 percent loss in 'healing' for 50-100 percent gain in damage. Even by flipping one of the typical trait lines to radiance you can increase your damage (while still in minstrels!). It always triggers me when I see sustain balls leave down players behind because they forget about dpsing/finishing! **Bare in mind I presume another class is the main healer in this comp (like scrapper for example). If you don't use them then stick to full minstrel and do what you want.** I'm with people here that view Firebrand as burst heals which I find is a fair assessment. So even the 10-20 percent loss isn't much in that sense if you were 'bursty' to begin with.

TLDR for the OP: Firebrand is frontline _and_ support. Not pure heals...

D:

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"SloRules.3560" said:

> > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > @"Wisdom.4712" said:

> > > > A full minstrel gear Firebrand

> > >

> > > People are still full minstrel Firebrands? Huh! I guess the commander would make sense...

> > >

> > > If you're looking for pure heals, and support then go with scrapper. You should be spamming medkit, and super speed for your blob to push (even through bubbles). There is a high potential to have wasteful healing on scrapper which why super speed is your second priority. Stealth gyro is also an easy way to prevent 'pin snipe' if that is an issue on your server. Elixir gun can be nice for condi clears too as others have mentioned.

> > >

> > > D:

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Misntrel firebrand is used by everyone... Where have you been living? Scrapper though, they don't provide much tbh.

>

> Don't get me wrong. A lot people still use minstrel (in part because it's expensive). I merely traded maybe 10-20 percent loss in 'healing' for 50-100 percent gain in damage. Even by flipping one of the typical trait lines to radiance you can increase your damage (while still in minstrels!). It always triggers mean when I see sustain balls leave down players behind because they forget about dpsing/finishing! **Bare in mind I presume another class is the main healer in this comp (like scrapper for example). If you don't use them then stick to full minstrel and do what you want.** I'm with people here that view Firebrand as burst heals which I find is a fair assessment. So even the 10-20 percent loss isn't much in that sense if you were 'bursty' to begin with.

>

> TLDR for the OP: Firebrand is frontline _and_ support. Not pure heals...

>

> D:

Every good guild has minstrel firebrands (and not because they wouldn't have founds to switch). You also traded taughness, vitality and boon duration, but ok. Tomes 2 and 3 don't do much damage along with stuff like staff and shield, granted axe can do some and f1 does it also, but that's mostly burning.

There is no benefits to flip virtues or honor to radiance, are you insane???? You lose on support and gain power damage, where exactly? Or do you suggest going greatsword or hammer?

Also what sustain balls? Noone is playing sustain ball. Most guilds only have Firebrand for most of defensive support than there may be chrono or herald and none of those offer almost any defensive support.

I'm gona tell you why scrapper is bad in it's role. You don't need dedicated healer to sustain regular presure and when you get caught you need a stunbreak(like FB elite) or a burst condi cleanse (scrapper has some) and if you go down you can still be picked up by guardians merciful intervention. Not to mention stability that negates CC effects that lock you down in the first place. You are better of using 2 firebrands than having a scrapper in there.

Firebrand is defensive support and heals and that's what makes it soo strong. If we had a core guardin debate than yes, you would need a dedicated healer, but a single Firebrand can sustain a whole party under normal pressure.

I've let this scrapper debate go, but you dismissed minstrel firebrand as a good option and i just had to correct you, because you are wrong in that asumption.

> @"SloRules.3560" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > @"SloRules.3560" said:

> > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > > @"Wisdom.4712" said:

> > > > > A full minstrel gear Firebrand

> > > >

> > > > People are still full minstrel Firebrands? Huh! I guess the commander would make sense...

> > > >

> > > > If you're looking for pure heals, and support then go with scrapper. You should be spamming medkit, and super speed for your blob to push (even through bubbles). There is a high potential to have wasteful healing on scrapper which why super speed is your second priority. Stealth gyro is also an easy way to prevent 'pin snipe' if that is an issue on your server. Elixir gun can be nice for condi clears too as others have mentioned.

> > > >

> > > > D:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Misntrel firebrand is used by everyone... Where have you been living? Scrapper though, they don't provide much tbh.

> >

> > Don't get me wrong. A lot people still use minstrel (in part because it's expensive). I merely traded maybe 10-20 percent loss in 'healing' for 50-100 percent gain in damage. Even by flipping one of the typical trait lines to radiance you can increase your damage (while still in minstrels!). It always triggers mean when I see sustain balls leave down players behind because they forget about dpsing/finishing! **Bare in mind I presume another class is the main healer in this comp (like scrapper for example). If you don't use them then stick to full minstrel and do what you want.** I'm with people here that view Firebrand as burst heals which I find is a fair assessment. So even the 10-20 percent loss isn't much in that sense if you were 'bursty' to begin with.

> >

> > TLDR for the OP: Firebrand is frontline _and_ support. Not pure heals...

> >

> > D:

>

> Every good guild has minstrel firebrands (and not because they wouldn't have founds to switch). You also traded taughness, vitality and boon duration, but ok. Tomes 2 and 3 don't do much damage along with stuff like staff and shield, granted axe can do some and f1 does it also, but that's mostly burning.

>

> There is no benefits to flip virtues or honor to radiance, are you insane???? You lose on support and gain power damage, where exactly? Or do you suggest going greatsword or hammer?

>

What? Are we are going to have a bickering battle about things I didn't say. I never once say go power damage that'd be a bad spread of stats. Personally I'd keep Honor over Virtures since honors gives the ~50% out going heal. I mean shooo...you can probably trade your minstrel neck and rings for Plaguedoctor (not Witch Doctor like D3 LOL) given armor pass 3100-3200 is meh. This is assuming we are referring to 30v30 blobby stuff and not gvgs (is that even a thing anymore? Lewl).

> Also what sustain balls? Noone is playing sustain ball. Most guilds only have Firebrand for most of defensive support than there may be chrono or herald and none of those offer almost any defensive support.

>

Since OP is returning and probably _without a guild_ then my usage of sustain ball isn't about specific builds but the tendency of people to ball up in general. Even still I only met a few guilds that split up for any meaningful tactics. WoD has been a decent counter for the old sustain ball tactics if people still use them.

> I'm gona tell you why scrapper is bad in it's role. You don't need dedicated healer to sustain regular presure and when you get caught you need a stunbreak(like FB elite) or a burst condi cleanse (scrapper has some) and if you go down you can still be picked up by guardians merciful intervention. Not to mention stability that negates CC effects that lock you down in the first place. You are better of using 2 firebrands than having a scrapper in there.

>

You don't 'need' a lot of things. That's semantics that I'm going to avoid using, but since this is Build Wars there is no "one way" to do things. I already said that _Scrapper can over heal_, and should think about providing super speed for better positioning (which is prime in WvW imo). Better positioning and more push potential reducing the need to stunbreak. This where we're getting in hypothetical scenarios which I don't care to get into much like semantics, and straw-mans. So proceed below. Use whatever comp you wish for your guild. It is about what your group synergizes well with.

> Firebrand is defensive support and heals and that's what makes it soo strong. If we had a core guardin debate than yes, you would need a dedicated healer, but a single Firebrand can sustain a whole party under normal pressure.

>

Even with the buffs to staff, the heals on Firebrand are still 'bursty.' I hope you aren't trying to dispute that. Every group should have a firebrand for the stability alone...and op will get invites for it if that's what they choose.

> I've let this scrapper debate go, but you dismissed minstrel firebrand as a good option and i just had to correct you, because you are wrong in that asumption.

TLDR: No. I dismissed it as a **pure** healing option. I hope that clarifies things. Scrapper is more pure heals than Firebrand since that is what the OP seemed to seek. You would be deficient to not run any healing on a firebrand. **OP was seeking "easy" and Scrapper is far easier than Firebrand imo.** Spamming 1 gets most of the job done (please use more than medkit 1). I'm not bashing you or your preference in comp just use what works for you. Good day bebe!

D:

I don't think very highly of Comeback Cure.. Regen is usually spammed anyways even in small groups and is probably the most common boon so it's not like you're really adding that much. I mean, even rangers can spam big regen and nobody cares about that. The regen tick really only has use when healing people being shot at by arrow carts or something.

It would probably be better to take self-regulating defenses in the event you walk into something big. Your only way of dying is a big spike and that pretty much prevents it from happening.

As for heal scrapper itself, made some minstrel this week and tried it out. I think it's pretty stronk small scale-- superspeed is very good and sure the healing in zergs is good, but vs firebrand I truly have my doubts as the thing is Firebrand can do much more than just heal. Now I don't actaully have PoF but one quick look and I was like "wut guard needs to be buffed support wtf" but whatever. I mean sure, I've heard a few comments about people being "mysteriously healed to full" after I bash the keyboard which is neat and all but still.

And man, I've been away for too long. Adding stab to that defense field is pretty neat. And yea Purge Gyro kinda sucks as it always has. I actually think the poison toolbelt skill is more useful than it, lol. I also laughed at the Purity of Purpose being a real trait now. At least they have a sense of humor.

Let me tell you the best part of this thread, after we get past the basic truths. The main frontline zerg healer is a FB. All of the other classes are considered off supports. 2nd supports. Ok now the the best part.

There is a off support build that has not gotten mentioned. Which I will not say what it is because I know as long as it's not meta and people don't know about it the groups I run with will have a advantage and I'd like to keep it that way. It is not herald, Scrapper, tempest or Chrono, druid or anything like that.

Obviously I am only talking about a off support class. The main answer to the question is probably a FB. PS I'll throw you a bone, it's a build that has been buffed repeatedly maybe 10 times, including stealth buffs over time and no one notice it.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > @"Sarlan.7682" said:

> > > > > And that's the beauty about heal Rev: you can get a healing range of 2.1k... Even tho your tablet does desummon afterwards and it's hard to pull of if you experience lag

> > > >

> > > > Not sure how that is a pro for frontline healing.

> > > >

> > > > I havent tried rev healer myself but everything I have seen in past videos have been pathetic compared to an ele (scrapper wasnt a thing then) that was healing twice as much standing AFK.

> > > >

> > > > Have the update to revs improved them that much?

> > >

> > > Well it was certainly an improvement to the passive healing and general utility of facets. I guess they really want people to play glint/ventari support.

> > >

> > > Pulsing protection and 1k regen to 10 people is not bad. Elevated compassion can also be used to heal 10 players periodically but then you lose out on boons for 5 more people, which makes draconic echo a better trait for bigger fights IMO. I guess it depends if you want to be the squad support or focus more on your subgroup.

> > >

> > > That's just glint.

> > >

> > > Ventari is still pretty much the same. The passive F2 healing is really bad and not worth mentioning. The tablet is meh. IMO it needs a radius increase, a stunbreak and the passive F2 needs a higher value. Perhaps a rework to the elite as well since It's rarely worth using.

> >

> > Rev tablet when u move to the allies allies are already miles away.....

> > It is extremelly haard paying atention to:

> > Who needs healing???

> > Where is the group of players that needs that healing????

> > Who are those allies and what condies do they have? should i use the tablet to heal or remove condis??? whatever u do will get u on low energy most probably.

> > Will them be affected by the healing or condi removal of skills? or will put others in preference ????

> > Meanwhile:

> > Keep an eye to range classes pin sniping others so u can use your tablet dome to cover/abosrb part of the damage, keep paying atention to your e-management.

> > U need to pay atention to pulls, spikes since people will notice ur the hard healer.

> > U need to avoid all the spam and red circles the best u can.

> > U need to manage energy towards your skills and when to burst heal your allies.

> > U need to keep using skill to pressure and damage targets.

> > Keep paying atention to the commander tag and your group movements.

> >

> >

> > The squad party UI is reaally bad if ur in a squad and try to see the players in your party, its design is extremelly limited and u wont get all findo on some player u can even see half of its toon image lol.

>

> So pretty much like a banner heal warrior then. Its not really bad either but its nearly impossible to manage the "resources" (banners in this case) because the zerg always run away from them.

Hehe and ive been actuaally pondering to make a banner lord.

Tks for telling it isnt much of a difference.

But for guild that search fights and lure enemies to choke points... both banner lord and herald with ventari are beast, in the middle of the fb and Sourge stacks, with some jalis and u got a very sturdy group :\

The passive healing is so dammn good for 5 players, can be setted to 10 players effectivity but that would reduce the burst healing ftom the passives.

(i dont reccall if herald traits are i nthe correct place of the new one)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemnnN2gSyJvQRNlbosoyPU4U5IKIs8EllZlZ9iOGxO6q3WNgCeA-jFSDQBsUJImU/JK7PsH9Ay7BAAgTAwn0EMMlfiCwvA-w

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> Since its not "anything like that" that covers every other similar support builds on remaining classes you didnt mention (blood necro, banner war) it must be something the complete opposite of viable and good support, which only mean one thing - support thief.

It's not banner warrior. =) Anyways a important point here is because nobody knows about it.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > @"Sarlan.7682" said:

> > > > > > And that's the beauty about heal Rev: you can get a healing range of 2.1k... Even tho your tablet does desummon afterwards and it's hard to pull of if you experience lag

> > > > >

> > > > > Not sure how that is a pro for frontline healing.

> > > > >

> > > > > I havent tried rev healer myself but everything I have seen in past videos have been pathetic compared to an ele (scrapper wasnt a thing then) that was healing twice as much standing AFK.

> > > > >

> > > > > Have the update to revs improved them that much?

> > > >

> > > > Well it was certainly an improvement to the passive healing and general utility of facets. I guess they really want people to play glint/ventari support.

> > > >

> > > > Pulsing protection and 1k regen to 10 people is not bad. Elevated compassion can also be used to heal 10 players periodically but then you lose out on boons for 5 more people, which makes draconic echo a better trait for bigger fights IMO. I guess it depends if you want to be the squad support or focus more on your subgroup.

> > > >

> > > > That's just glint.

> > > >

> > > > Ventari is still pretty much the same. The passive F2 healing is really bad and not worth mentioning. The tablet is meh. IMO it needs a radius increase, a stunbreak and the passive F2 needs a higher value. Perhaps a rework to the elite as well since It's rarely worth using.

> > >

> > > Rev tablet when u move to the allies allies are already miles away.....

> > > It is extremelly haard paying atention to:

> > > Who needs healing???

> > > Where is the group of players that needs that healing????

> > > Who are those allies and what condies do they have? should i use the tablet to heal or remove condis??? whatever u do will get u on low energy most probably.

> > > Will them be affected by the healing or condi removal of skills? or will put others in preference ????

> > > Meanwhile:

> > > Keep an eye to range classes pin sniping others so u can use your tablet dome to cover/abosrb part of the damage, keep paying atention to your e-management.

> > > U need to pay atention to pulls, spikes since people will notice ur the hard healer.

> > > U need to avoid all the spam and red circles the best u can.

> > > U need to manage energy towards your skills and when to burst heal your allies.

> > > U need to keep using skill to pressure and damage targets.

> > > Keep paying atention to the commander tag and your group movements.

> > >

> > >

> > > The squad party UI is reaally bad if ur in a squad and try to see the players in your party, its design is extremelly limited and u wont get all findo on some player u can even see half of its toon image lol.

> >

> > So pretty much like a banner heal warrior then. Its not really bad either but its nearly impossible to manage the "resources" (banners in this case) because the zerg always run away from them.

>

> Hehe and ive been actuaally pondering to make a banner lord.

> Tks for telling it isnt much of a difference.

>

> But for guild that search fights and lure enemies to choke points... both banner lord and herald with ventari are beast, in the middle of the fb and Sourge stacks, with some jalis and u got a very sturdy group :\

>

> The passive healing is so dammn good for 5 players, can be setted to 10 players effectivity but that would reduce the burst healing ftom the passives.

> (i dont reccall if herald traits are i nthe correct place of the new one)

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemnnN2gSyJvQRNlbosoyPU4U5IKIs8EllZlZ9iOGxO6q3WNgCeA-jFSDQBsUJImU/JK7PsH9Ay7BAAgTAwn0EMMlfiCwvA-w

Hmm, always wondering why it's never Dwarf over Dragon in these cases. You get a lot of damage reduction in addition if you stack Versed in Stone after it for some massive damage reduction and isn't provided by anyone else. That, and Retribution seems built for Dwarf anyways.

> @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> Ventari is still pretty much the same. The passive F2 healing is really bad and not worth mentioning. The tablet is meh. IMO it needs a radius increase, a stunbreak and the passive F2 needs a higher value. Perhaps a rework to the elite as well since It's rarely worth using.

hear hear, and make that darn tablet an insta teleport!

> @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sarlan.7682" said:

> > > > > > > And that's the beauty about heal Rev: you can get a healing range of 2.1k... Even tho your tablet does desummon afterwards and it's hard to pull of if you experience lag

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not sure how that is a pro for frontline healing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I havent tried rev healer myself but everything I have seen in past videos have been pathetic compared to an ele (scrapper wasnt a thing then) that was healing twice as much standing AFK.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Have the update to revs improved them that much?

> > > > >

> > > > > Well it was certainly an improvement to the passive healing and general utility of facets. I guess they really want people to play glint/ventari support.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pulsing protection and 1k regen to 10 people is not bad. Elevated compassion can also be used to heal 10 players periodically but then you lose out on boons for 5 more people, which makes draconic echo a better trait for bigger fights IMO. I guess it depends if you want to be the squad support or focus more on your subgroup.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's just glint.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ventari is still pretty much the same. The passive F2 healing is really bad and not worth mentioning. The tablet is meh. IMO it needs a radius increase, a stunbreak and the passive F2 needs a higher value. Perhaps a rework to the elite as well since It's rarely worth using.

> > > >

> > > > Rev tablet when u move to the allies allies are already miles away.....

> > > > It is extremelly haard paying atention to:

> > > > Who needs healing???

> > > > Where is the group of players that needs that healing????

> > > > Who are those allies and what condies do they have? should i use the tablet to heal or remove condis??? whatever u do will get u on low energy most probably.

> > > > Will them be affected by the healing or condi removal of skills? or will put others in preference ????

> > > > Meanwhile:

> > > > Keep an eye to range classes pin sniping others so u can use your tablet dome to cover/abosrb part of the damage, keep paying atention to your e-management.

> > > > U need to pay atention to pulls, spikes since people will notice ur the hard healer.

> > > > U need to avoid all the spam and red circles the best u can.

> > > > U need to manage energy towards your skills and when to burst heal your allies.

> > > > U need to keep using skill to pressure and damage targets.

> > > > Keep paying atention to the commander tag and your group movements.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > The squad party UI is reaally bad if ur in a squad and try to see the players in your party, its design is extremelly limited and u wont get all findo on some player u can even see half of its toon image lol.

> > >

> > > So pretty much like a banner heal warrior then. Its not really bad either but its nearly impossible to manage the "resources" (banners in this case) because the zerg always run away from them.

> >

> > Hehe and ive been actuaally pondering to make a banner lord.

> > Tks for telling it isnt much of a difference.

> >

> > But for guild that search fights and lure enemies to choke points... both banner lord and herald with ventari are beast, in the middle of the fb and Sourge stacks, with some jalis and u got a very sturdy group :\

> >

> > The passive healing is so dammn good for 5 players, can be setted to 10 players effectivity but that would reduce the burst healing ftom the passives.

> > (i dont reccall if herald traits are i nthe correct place of the new one)

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemnnN2gSyJvQRNlbosoyPU4U5IKIs8EllZlZ9iOGxO6q3WNgCeA-jFSDQBsUJImU/JK7PsH9Ay7BAAgTAwn0EMMlfiCwvA-w

>

> Hmm, always wondering why it's never Dwarf over Dragon in these cases. You get a lot of damage reduction in addition if you stack Versed in Stone after it for some massive damage reduction and isn't provided by anyone else. That, and Retribution seems built for Dwarf anyways.

And for a initial push versed in stone when traited also has a 50% damage reducer for condi ticks, it was always very nice..

And now the f2 on jalis can be given to 10 aalies, altough i wonder how much damage reducing it is :\

Maybe 10% and +10% when traited?

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > The best healer (raw heal pet second) is scrapper.

> > > > do you know the actual numbers on this? im curious. a while ago I did a bunch of math and came up with rev - 13800 hps and ele 9900 hps, assuming weapon swaps.

> > > >

> > > > also OP druid has some good heals.

> > >

> > > With my Build. Holding 1 in the Medi Pack , if you hit 5 targets , around 30k heal per second (6x5).

> > > And i dont count heal from Medical Dispersion Field/ other traits,

> > >

> > > 30K is only Medi Pack 1 and Regen.

> > >

> > > Also Soothing Mist Tempest is around 12k per second just from Soothing Mist alone.

> >

> > lol no. you need to rethink maths.

>

> Lets start with

>

> **Heal Tempest**.

>

> **Stats.**

> * Healpower 1997 full Buffed or 2177 if you are holding a Frost Bow ( For the meme lords here)

> * Outgoing Healing 58.4%

>

> With Soothing Power, Soothing Mist will heal for

> Soothing Mist (10s): 1,600 (2.0) and its healing per second increases to

> Healing: 160 (0.2)

>

> (160 + (1997 * 0.2)) * 1.584 = 886 Healing per second.

>

> Soothing Mist get applied ever 3 seconds and last 10 seconds.

> If you are not in a group you will get this effect on more people.

>

> 4 People = 3544 HpS / 4103 HpS (If you count yourself)

> 8 People = 7088 HpS / 7647 HpS

> 12 People = 10632 HpS / 11191 HpS

> ....

>

> Be basic idea here is that, when you are not in a group/squad you get your Soothing Mist effect on more people then 5.

> _>Soothing Mist get applied ever 3 seconds and last 10 seconds.<_

>

>

> **Heal Scrapper**

>

> **Stats.**

> * Healpower 2178 full Buffed

> * Outgoing Healing 66.74%

>

> Med Blaster

> Heal allies with several pulses of healing energy. Heals more for each boon on that ally.

>

> Base Healing: 70 (0.2)?

> Healing for Each Boon: 11 (0.0125)?

> Number of Targets: 5

> Pulses: 3

> Range: 600

>

> (70 + (2178 * 0.2)) * 1.6674 = 843.

>

> (11 + (2718 * 0.0125)) * 1.6674 = 63.73 ( Rounded 64)

>

> Lets say 5 Boons on the Target.

>

> (64 * 5) + 843 = 1163 per Pulse.

>

> 3 Pulses = 3489

> On 5 Player = 17445 Healing with a Casttime of 1.25 Seconds.

>

> **However!** We have perma Quickness with Elixer U and Applied Force.

>

> So if im correct thats 17455 Healing in 0.625 Seconds.

> Aka: 28k Healing per second.

> Regen (Perma) =670 HpS x 5 Persons

>

> Pressing 1 + Regen =More then 31k HpS.

>

> But why stop there when we have Medical Dispersion Field?

> (Outgoing Healing works with that Trait)

>

> Our Selfheal:

> Regen = 402

> Backpack Regenerator = 226

> Rapid Regeneration (Swiftness) = 188

>

> We heal ourself for 816 HpS.

>

> (816 / 2) * 1.6674 = 680 Hps.

>

> **End Result:**

>

> If we have one person infront of us and he has 5 Boons, he gets healt for:

>

> 680 + 670 + 5582 = 6932 Healing Per Second.

>

> Simply put: We are healing the 5 People in front of us for 35k per second.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

assuming i doing the calc as you do on ventari rev

with 2100 healing power and 100% healing to allies and 20% regen effectiveness and alacrity

regen heals for 9400 per sec to 10 ppl

ventari tablet #6 heals for 9217 5 ppl per sec

ventari tablet #8 heals for 38967 5 ppl per sec

so one man standing near the tablet will heal for 940+1843+7793 per second = 10576 per second

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > The best healer (raw heal pet second) is scrapper.

> > > > > do you know the actual numbers on this? im curious. a while ago I did a bunch of math and came up with rev - 13800 hps and ele 9900 hps, assuming weapon swaps.

> > > > >

> > > > > also OP druid has some good heals.

> > > >

> > > > With my Build. Holding 1 in the Medi Pack , if you hit 5 targets , around 30k heal per second (6x5).

> > > > And i dont count heal from Medical Dispersion Field/ other traits,

> > > >

> > > > 30K is only Medi Pack 1 and Regen.

> > > >

> > > > Also Soothing Mist Tempest is around 12k per second just from Soothing Mist alone.

> > >

> > > lol no. you need to rethink maths.

> >

> > Lets start with

> >

> > **Heal Tempest**.

> >

> > **Stats.**

> > * Healpower 1997 full Buffed or 2177 if you are holding a Frost Bow ( For the meme lords here)

> > * Outgoing Healing 58.4%

> >

> > With Soothing Power, Soothing Mist will heal for

> > Soothing Mist (10s): 1,600 (2.0) and its healing per second increases to

> > Healing: 160 (0.2)

> >

> > (160 + (1997 * 0.2)) * 1.584 = 886 Healing per second.

> >

> > Soothing Mist get applied ever 3 seconds and last 10 seconds.

> > If you are not in a group you will get this effect on more people.

> >

> > 4 People = 3544 HpS / 4103 HpS (If you count yourself)

> > 8 People = 7088 HpS / 7647 HpS

> > 12 People = 10632 HpS / 11191 HpS

> > ....

> >

> > Be basic idea here is that, when you are not in a group/squad you get your Soothing Mist effect on more people then 5.

> > _>Soothing Mist get applied ever 3 seconds and last 10 seconds.<_

> >

> >

> > **Heal Scrapper**

> >

> > **Stats.**

> > * Healpower 2178 full Buffed

> > * Outgoing Healing 66.74%

> >

> > Med Blaster

> > Heal allies with several pulses of healing energy. Heals more for each boon on that ally.

> >

> > Base Healing: 70 (0.2)?

> > Healing for Each Boon: 11 (0.0125)?

> > Number of Targets: 5

> > Pulses: 3

> > Range: 600

> >

> > (70 + (2178 * 0.2)) * 1.6674 = 843.

> >

> > (11 + (2718 * 0.0125)) * 1.6674 = 63.73 ( Rounded 64)

> >

> > Lets say 5 Boons on the Target.

> >

> > (64 * 5) + 843 = 1163 per Pulse.

> >

> > 3 Pulses = 3489

> > On 5 Player = 17445 Healing with a Casttime of 1.25 Seconds.

> >

> > **However!** We have perma Quickness with Elixer U and Applied Force.

> >

> > So if im correct thats 17455 Healing in 0.625 Seconds.

> > Aka: 28k Healing per second.

> > Regen (Perma) =670 HpS x 5 Persons

> >

> > Pressing 1 + Regen =More then 31k HpS.

> >

> > But why stop there when we have Medical Dispersion Field?

> > (Outgoing Healing works with that Trait)

> >

> > Our Selfheal:

> > Regen = 402

> > Backpack Regenerator = 226

> > Rapid Regeneration (Swiftness) = 188

> >

> > We heal ourself for 816 HpS.

> >

> > (816 / 2) * 1.6674 = 680 Hps.

> >

> > **End Result:**

> >

> > If we have one person infront of us and he has 5 Boons, he gets healt for:

> >

> > 680 + 670 + 5582 = 6932 Healing Per Second.

> >

> > Simply put: We are healing the 5 People in front of us for 35k per second.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> assuming i doing the calc as you do on ventari rev

> with 2100 healing power and 100% healing to allies and 20% regen effectiveness and alacrity

>

> regen heals for 9400 per sec to 10 ppl

> ventari tablet #6 heals for 9217 5 ppl per sec

> ventari tablet #8 heals for 38967 5 ppl per sec

>

> so one man standing near the tablet will heal for 940+1843+7793 per second = 10576 per second

To bad the Tablet is so clunky to use.

We had a Ventari Healer in our WvW Guild and after the 2-3 hours raid we was DONE. Poor guy had to work so much where others like Guards have easy mode.

What i mostly want to proof is that Firebrand is not the best Healer in WvW.

You would not believe how often i hear this, even from WvW Guild leaders or other "knowledgeable" players.

It grinds my gears.

> To bad the Tablet is so clunky to use.

And even if its clunky its still fantasy numbers thats never seen in practice. I'd like to see the person that just stands there constantly healing 10k every second - I dont even see players getting that healing on them when supported by a 50 man zerg, let alone 1 herald. It would also make such players immortal 1v1, considering how warriors are with a mere 2k hps.