You Know mechanics are broken when:

Victory.2879

> @"Victory.2879" said:

> You guys have all missed the point fo the post: you're supposed to post your own examples of 'broken' mechanics you've seen...

>

> Isreal: the stupidly high damage from one skill, plus the near instant 8 attack skills he fired off ( no doubt claiming that he's 'muscle memoried' that sequence LOL). Oh, and stealth in this game is broken too.

No muscle memory needed you get a gamming mouse with 12-16 buttons all at your thumb, bund the rotation to what ever tou want at little to no movement at all. I think thess kind of mouses should be banned but thats immpossible to do.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > @"Victory.2879" said:

> > You guys have all missed the point fo the post: you're supposed to post your own examples of 'broken' mechanics you've seen...

> >

> > Isreal: the stupidly high damage from one skill, plus the near instant 8 attack skills he fired off ( no doubt claiming that he's 'muscle memoried' that sequence LOL). Oh, and stealth in this game is broken too.

>

> No muscle memory needed you get a gamming mouse with 12-16 buttons all at your thumb, bund the rotation to what ever tou want at little to no movement at all. I think thess kind of mouses should be banned but thats immpossible to do.

There's only 10 buttons available at any one time. It's not exactly hard to do combos without a gaming mouse o.O

I was hit for 11k and 18k Vaults earlier, while having 17k HP (Zerg equip). Welcome to the life of an Ele, where one hit can kill you, even if you run full Marauder gear.

If only the class balanced that out with decent damage ...

Thieves are not a fun class to fight. Either they kill you almost instantly, or they kill you after stealthing again and again, or they just stealth and run away.

I tend to just avoid them when roaming on my Ele, because whether I can beat them really only relies on whether the Thief makes the mistake of staying around when losing.

If thief popped dagger storm you'll get hit many times in the span of seconds. I think the combat log will still show the skill name when it's blocked.

There are so many broken things right now with the combat system. I've mentioned too many invulns in another topic.

For this topic I'll mention how players drop out of combat at different times. The ability to reset a fight so easily is a problem.

> @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> When an enemy caps a camp and their yaks starts rolling out immediately, but you cap a camp and the first yak doesn't even spawn until 30s before the RI is up and of course by then it's dead or it goes to the wrong freaking place.

It's random when the first yak spawns, it can be instant or take ~4 mins. Yaks don't go to the wrong place, they spawn independently for either a keep or tower -- if it is the tower yak, it goes to the tower, if it is a keep yak, it goes to the keep. Nothing broken about it.

Getting pulled through a wall with temporal curtain. Engis that fly across the map. Condi builds with 30k+ hp and 3k+ armor + invulns + mobility. Thieves with infinite initiative glitching all over the place.

Meta that consists of a bunch of SB and FB towing an army of scourges with a token mesmer for utility.

> @"Shining One.1635" said:

> When you find someone AFK at the top of a cliff, hit them with several knockbacks, and they still don't fall off.

That's because player-launched knockbacks don't knock *any* targets, player or NPC, off cliffs. NPC-launched knockbacks will knock players off cliffs, though. That's broken, but by design, and it was like that when I tried Hammer Guardian in Beta Weekend 2 during May 2012.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Shining One.1635" said:

> > When you find someone AFK at the top of a cliff, hit them with several knockbacks, and they still don't fall off.

>

> That's because player-launched knockbacks don't knock *any* targets, player or NPC, off cliffs. NPC-launched knockbacks will knock players off cliffs, though. That's broken, but by design, and it was like that when I tried Hammer Guardian in Beta Weekend 2 during May 2012.

I must be hacking on my ranger, I knock people off cliffs all the time. My guardian with shield 5 also.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Shining One.1635" said:

> > > When you find someone AFK at the top of a cliff, hit them with several knockbacks, and they still don't fall off.

> >

> > That's because player-launched knockbacks don't knock *any* targets, player or NPC, off cliffs. NPC-launched knockbacks will knock players off cliffs, though. That's broken, but by design, and it was like that when I tried Hammer Guardian in Beta Weekend 2 during May 2012.

>

> I must be hacking on my ranger, I knock people off cliffs all the time. My guardian with shield 5 also.

Yep. And guardian golf off cliffs was/is pretty standard on hills by the cata wall.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Shining One.1635" said:

> > > When you find someone AFK at the top of a cliff, hit them with several knockbacks, and they still don't fall off.

> >

> > That's because player-launched knockbacks don't knock *any* targets, player or NPC, off cliffs. NPC-launched knockbacks will knock players off cliffs, though. That's broken, but by design, and it was like that when I tried Hammer Guardian in Beta Weekend 2 during May 2012.

>

> I must be hacking on my ranger, I knock people off cliffs all the time. My guardian with shield 5 also.

Interesting. It certainly doesn't work against NPCs. (But does work when NPCs do it to players.)

> @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> > When an enemy caps a camp and their yaks starts rolling out immediately, but you cap a camp and the first yak doesn't even spawn until 30s before the RI is up and of course by then it's dead or it goes to the wrong freaking place.

>

> It's random when the first yak spawns, it can be instant or take ~4 mins. Yaks don't go to the wrong place, they spawn independently for either a keep or tower -- if it is the tower yak, it goes to the tower, if it is a keep yak, it goes to the keep. Nothing broken about it.

When 3 consecutive yaks spawn going to and reaching the keep before the first yak spawns going to the tower that desperately needs supply (or vise versa), without any new spawns dying immediately because someone's sniping them? Or garri yaks from nc or nec dont spawn at all because the previous one is stuck in the delivery gate...

Yes, I've seen both those happen more than once, and one I've seen pretty recently, so I describe those scenarios as broken and wrong. If it's perfect for others, that's great, but it's not perfect everytime for everyone, therefore it's broken!

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > @"Shining One.1635" said:

> > > > When you find someone AFK at the top of a cliff, hit them with several knockbacks, and they still don't fall off.

> > >

> > > That's because player-launched knockbacks don't knock *any* targets, player or NPC, off cliffs. NPC-launched knockbacks will knock players off cliffs, though. That's broken, but by design, and it was like that when I tried Hammer Guardian in Beta Weekend 2 during May 2012.

> >

> > I must be hacking on my ranger, I knock people off cliffs all the time. My guardian with shield 5 also.

>

> Interesting. It certainly doesn't work against NPCs. (But does work when NPCs do it to players.)

You are correct. You can't knock NPCs off anything. (For a fall at least). But players are a completely different thing.