Season 5 hype train.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it will be something to buy between ls4 and ls5. I guess Anet realizes that after this lame expac called POF, they should bring something substantial on the table for next expac and i think they need more time. But they need money also, i cant believe they will survive another year and half only with gems sale. So my guess is that between ls4 and ls5 Anet will throw a mini expac with optional things like this new home instance, maybe some new nodes, some NPCs tied with this new home instance, nice collections to acquire all, a big chunk of AP and access to new ls5. All these for idk.... 20 euro....maybe less.

> @"Cobra.6509" said:

> For me it will be something to buy between ls4 and ls5. I guess Anet realizes that after this lame expac called POF, they should bring something substantial on the table for next expac and i think they need more time. But they need money also, i cant believe they will survive another year and half only with gems sale. So my guess is that between ls4 and ls5 Anet will throw a mini expac with optional things like this new home instance, maybe some new nodes, some NPCs tied with this new home instance, nice collections to acquire all, a big chunk of AP and access to new ls5. All these for idk.... 20 euro....maybe less.

They said they are going **directly** from LW4 to LW5 so your "speculation" makes no sense in the context of reality.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

> > >

> > >

> > > Even if the content amount is scaled accordingly?

> >

> > I doubt ANet will offer new elite specs in the seasonal content. Nor mechanics like gliding or mounts. History tells us that coolest things are always in the expansions :)

>

> Except that there are already hints that some of the LS4E4+ and LS5 pieces will contain stuff that would previously have been found in expansions. (Heck, LS4E3 gave us a wicked-cool new mount with interesting mechanics of its own... I expect to see more breakable walls and VM crystals in LS4E4+.)

i would rather not see that, seeing that the new mount sucks and is absolutely useless beside the really small percentage of map use.

i rather see something that repairs the damage done instead if adding even more useless crap, a new weapon is better then anything mount related at this point.

Season 4: We deal with World-Dangers. Will learn about Aurene's mind set. And learn what side-effects commander have after returning from Domain of Lost. Also we will see signs of another Dragon awakening.

Season 5: Steve sending all-kind of crap on Tyria =) +We will learn his true name.

Expansion: Dealing with Steve!

Agree, I'm not hyped at all by the rest of season 4 and season 5.. Was satisfied with season 4 episode 2, but not by the first and the third... I began to quit the game during the release of season 3, wasn't happy with HoT (hate that maze-forest with multiple floors), so I gave another chance with PoF, but the desert maps felt very flat for me, with just to powerfull ennemies... Dunno if I can stay here for a long time if nothing attract my eyes or give me the envy to play.. Don't want boring events or non~sense story steps (without speaking of plot/lore holes), more amazing mechanics like portalforge/magneton, dunno, play with gravity... transform yourself into a branded...floating/sunking platforms (so water-based mechanics) , btw some games nicely used them: sm64 wet-dry land, smg: floater land fortress...

Will stay 1~2 more years depending on the direction of the game, what keep me playing currently is only making a legendary (just need to finish clovers and gather some ectos).

Tell me why do people think its bad to lock stuff behind stories. Its not that difficult to log in unlock the episode and be done with it. Better to create content which will be playable for years instead of useless after 1 episode. And if you just started playing. Well then you dont mind this content yet until you are finished with the core game. By the time you finish the core game i think its worth it to spend some money on the game.

I dont mind they go from s4 into s5. Whatever it will bring, im sure the devs have a reason for it. And besides.. its free.

> @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> Hype? I believe the main sentiment is disappointment because that means a massive delay of the expac.

Not necessarily, it's still quite possible to release the next expansion in the fall/winter of 2019, it just depends on how many episodes are in S5 as we already know there are only 3 more left in S4(a lot also depends on release cadence, in other words, if they some how manage to start releasing episodes 2 months apart from each other then it's easily quite doable). There's nothing set in stone that says a LW season has to be a certain number of episodes, it could be as short as 3 for the purposes of giving us a story to lead into the next expansion.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > Hype? I believe the main sentiment is disappointment because that means a massive delay of the expac.

>

> Not necessarily, it's still quite possible to release the next expansion in the fall/winter of 2019, it just depends on how many episodes are in S5 as we already know there are only 3 more left in S4(a lot also depends on release cadence, in other words, if they some how manage to start releasing episodes 2 months apart from each other then it's easily quite doable). There's nothing set in stone that says a LW season has to be a certain number of episodes, it could be as short as 3 for the purposes of giving us a story to lead into the next expansion.

Its possible but I believe that if it didnt mean a massive delay they wouldve just made season 4 longer, it doesnt really make any sense to make a "season 5". However, naming more episodes as part of a new season justifies a massive delay.

> @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > Hype? I believe the main sentiment is disappointment because that means a massive delay of the expac.

> >

> > Not necessarily, it's still quite possible to release the next expansion in the fall/winter of 2019, it just depends on how many episodes are in S5 as we already know there are only 3 more left in S4(a lot also depends on release cadence, in other words, if they some how manage to start releasing episodes 2 months apart from each other then it's easily quite doable). There's nothing set in stone that says a LW season has to be a certain number of episodes, it could be as short as 3 for the purposes of giving us a story to lead into the next expansion.

>

> Its possible but I believe that if it didnt mean a massive delay they wouldve just made season 4 longer, it doesnt really make any sense to make a "season 5". However, naming more episodes as part of a new season justifies a massive delay.

Whether you split it off into a new season depends a lot less on time or number of episodes than it does narrative focus or delivery method. If the focus of the story makes a major shift, that would warrant calling it a new season. Likewise, say they mixed it up with a Dry Top-style gradual reveal of a single map? That would *also* warrant calling it a separate season.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> Whether you split it off into a new season depends a lot less on time or number of episodes than it does narrative focus or delivery method. If the focus of the story makes a major shift, that would warrant calling it a new season. Likewise, say they mixed it up with a Dry Top-style gradual reveal of a single map? That would *also* warrant calling it a separate season.

I was hoping they were going to do that with the LWS4 maps Domain of Istan and Sandswept Isles because of how they were bisected from the rest of the respective islands. It would have been an interesting way of starting out with a smaller map then rolling them into larger maps.

Hype train? Why would I setup myself for more disappointments?

Also I think it is bad news that there is no expansion after Season 4. Either they want to sell us each episode as DLC in future or they are slowly putting this game into maintenance mode and work on a new game. If you look at NCsofts quarterly reports you can see that Anet needs to release expansions to make big money, without expansions they make much less money on average.

> @"Cobra.6509" said:

> For me it will be something to buy between ls4 and ls5. I guess Anet realizes that after this lame expac called POF, they should bring something substantial on the table for next expac and i think they need more time. But they need money also, i cant believe they will survive another year and half only with gems sale. So my guess is that between ls4 and ls5 Anet will throw a mini expac with optional things like this new home instance, maybe some new nodes, some NPCs tied with this new home instance, nice collections to acquire all, a big chunk of AP and access to new ls5. All these for idk.... 20 euro....maybe less.

If you are referring to Sun's Refuge as 'this new home instance', it has been stated by the Devs that it is to be released with Living World Season 4 Episode 4. Thus, it won't be part of any 'mini expac' at any price; free for many, at most 200 Gems for others.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sun%27s_Refuge

(The 'References' at the bottom of the page may be of particular interest.)

> @"Aeon.4583" said:

> Season 4: We deal with World-Dangers. Will learn about Aurene's mind set. And learn what side-effects commander have after returning from Domain of Lost. Also we will see signs of another Dragon awakening.

> Season 5: Steve sending all-kind of crap on Tyria =) +We will learn his true name.

> Expansion: Dealing with Steve!

My dream is a season jumping around like S3 hitting lakes and shorelines until we ultimately journey into the deep sea at the end of the season

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > Hype? I believe the main sentiment is disappointment because that means a massive delay of the expac.

> > >

> > > Not necessarily, it's still quite possible to release the next expansion in the fall/winter of 2019, it just depends on how many episodes are in S5 as we already know there are only 3 more left in S4(a lot also depends on release cadence, in other words, if they some how manage to start releasing episodes 2 months apart from each other then it's easily quite doable). There's nothing set in stone that says a LW season has to be a certain number of episodes, it could be as short as 3 for the purposes of giving us a story to lead into the next expansion.

> >

> > Its possible but I believe that if it didnt mean a massive delay they wouldve just made season 4 longer, it doesnt really make any sense to make a "season 5". However, naming more episodes as part of a new season justifies a massive delay.

>

> Whether you split it off into a new season depends a lot less on time or number of episodes than it does narrative focus or delivery method. If the focus of the story makes a major shift, that would warrant calling it a new season. Likewise, say they mixed it up with a Dry Top-style gradual reveal of a single map? That would *also* warrant calling it a separate season.

Exactly, I think we’ll see a difference in both scope but also how they execute the episodes.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

This. When they said that I had no hype at all. Especially with the long wait during each episode, which I can understand for quality reasons but still big changes only happen with expansions.

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> >

> > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

>

> People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

False, just look at last reviews threads in every single MMO forum. It’s not science, plenty of people express why they leave with the hope to make the devs know why they’re leaving in order to improve the game.

Also plenty of good single/multiplayer games on the horizon. So yeah...

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> > >

> > > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

> >

> > People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

>

> False, just look at last reviews threads in every single MMO forum. It’s not science, plenty of people express why they leave with the hope to make the devs know why they’re leaving in order to improve the game.

A lot of the time these people are not really leaving. As they still have hope the game can attract their attention again.

> @"Scar.1793" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

>

> This. When they said that I had no hype at all. Especially with the long wait during each episode, which I can understand for quality reasons but still big changes only happen with expansions.

>

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> > >

> > > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

> >

> > People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

>

> False, just look at last reviews threads in every single MMO forum. It’s not science

I agree, it's not science, therefore you can't use it as proof.