Season 5 hype train.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

> >

> > This. When they said that I had no hype at all. Especially with the long wait during each episode, which I can understand for quality reasons but still big changes only happen with expansions.

> >

> > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> > > >

> > > > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

> > >

> > > People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

> >

> > False, just look at last reviews threads in every single MMO forum. It’s not science

>

> I agree, it's not science, therefore you can't use it as proof.

Indeed, but I just did that : “People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.”

Again there are so many threads in various MMOs’ forums with people saying they’re leaving. Simply write *name of the mmo*+ I quit on Google.

Even famous players get to do that either live or on a youtube video. It happened a lot and will happen again. It’s that simple.

Sure some people leave without a word but people quite often try to leave some kind of review with the reasons why they leave.

> @"Scar.1793" said:

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

> > >

> > > This. When they said that I had no hype at all. Especially with the long wait during each episode, which I can understand for quality reasons but still big changes only happen with expansions.

> > >

> > > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > > > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> > > > >

> > > > > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

> > > >

> > > > People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

> > >

> > > False, just look at last reviews threads in every single MMO forum. It’s not science

> >

> > I agree, it's not science, therefore you can't use it as proof.

>

> Indeed, but I just did that : “People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.”

>

> Again there are so many threads in various MMOs’ forums with people saying they’re leaving. Simply write *name of the mmo*+ I quit on Google.

>

> Even famous players get to do that either live or on a youtube video. It happened a lot and will happen again. It’s that simple.

>

> Sure some people leave without a word but people quite often try to leave some kind of review with the reasons why they leave.

>

No, they don't.

> @"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:

> On a different note season 5 doesn't have to end because the expansion comes out. Say you have only 3 episodes, the expansion comes and after the expansion story you could have episodes 4, 5 & 6. ;)

Why exactly would anyone do such thing? That would break story journal UI.

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

> > > >

> > > > This. When they said that I had no hype at all. Especially with the long wait during each episode, which I can understand for quality reasons but still big changes only happen with expansions.

> > > >

> > > > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > > > > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

> > > > >

> > > > > People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

> > > >

> > > > False, just look at last reviews threads in every single MMO forum. It’s not science

> > >

> > > I agree, it's not science, therefore you can't use it as proof.

> >

> > Indeed, but I just did that : “People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.”

> >

> > Again there are so many threads in various MMOs’ forums with people saying they’re leaving. Simply write *name of the mmo*+ I quit on Google.

> >

> > Even famous players get to do that either live or on a youtube video. It happened a lot and will happen again. It’s that simple.

> >

> > Sure some people leave without a word but people quite often try to leave some kind of review with the reasons why they leave.

> >

>

> No, they don't.

If you say so, at least give some evidence to back your point of view. Just as I did.

> @"Lucius.2140" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > My dream is a season jumping around like S3 hitting lakes and shorelines until we ultimately journey into the deep sea at the end of the season

>

> Will love that, but will be the end of GW2, people hate and suck in underwater combat.

It’s true but the thing is, they didn’t somewhat revamped underwater combat if there was nothing coming for it later. Who knows they might do something epic with a kraken.

> @"Scar.1793" said:

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

> > > > >

> > > > > This. When they said that I had no hype at all. Especially with the long wait during each episode, which I can understand for quality reasons but still big changes only happen with expansions.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > > > > > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

> > > > >

> > > > > False, just look at last reviews threads in every single MMO forum. It’s not science

> > > >

> > > > I agree, it's not science, therefore you can't use it as proof.

> > >

> > > Indeed, but I just did that : “People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.”

> > >

> > > Again there are so many threads in various MMOs’ forums with people saying they’re leaving. Simply write *name of the mmo*+ I quit on Google.

> > >

> > > Even famous players get to do that either live or on a youtube video. It happened a lot and will happen again. It’s that simple.

> > >

> > > Sure some people leave without a word but people quite often try to leave some kind of review with the reasons why they leave.

> > >

> >

> > No, they don't.

>

> If you say so, at least give some evidence to back your point of view. Just as I did.

You didn't. You just claimed that what you say is evidence, while being nothing more but an anecdote.

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This. When they said that I had no hype at all. Especially with the long wait during each episode, which I can understand for quality reasons but still big changes only happen with expansions.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > > > > > > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > False, just look at last reviews threads in every single MMO forum. It’s not science

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree, it's not science, therefore you can't use it as proof.

> > > >

> > > > Indeed, but I just did that : “People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.”

> > > >

> > > > Again there are so many threads in various MMOs’ forums with people saying they’re leaving. Simply write *name of the mmo*+ I quit on Google.

> > > >

> > > > Even famous players get to do that either live or on a youtube video. It happened a lot and will happen again. It’s that simple.

> > > >

> > > > Sure some people leave without a word but people quite often try to leave some kind of review with the reasons why they leave.

> > > >

> > >

> > > No, they don't.

> >

> > If you say so, at least give some evidence to back your point of view. Just as I did.

>

> You didn't. You just claimed that what you say is evidence, while being nothing more but an anecdote.

>

Anecdote..? As I said, type any name of MMO plus the key words « I quit » on Google. See for yourself the crazy amount of threads with this topic.

Or famous players quitting and explaining why on Youtube, or the GW2 esport teams announcing they leave the game.

I don’t claim anything, just trying to show you to check the facts out there before saying to someone « people who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit. » and there’s no other way or middle ground.

Quite a ridiculous statement imo especially if you have been playing MMOs for more than a decade. It’s very common.

> @"Scar.1793" said:

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > > I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This. When they said that I had no hype at all. Especially with the long wait during each episode, which I can understand for quality reasons but still big changes only happen with expansions.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > > > > > > > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > False, just look at last reviews threads in every single MMO forum. It’s not science

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I agree, it's not science, therefore you can't use it as proof.

> > > > >

> > > > > Indeed, but I just did that : “People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.”

> > > > >

> > > > > Again there are so many threads in various MMOs’ forums with people saying they’re leaving. Simply write *name of the mmo*+ I quit on Google.

> > > > >

> > > > > Even famous players get to do that either live or on a youtube video. It happened a lot and will happen again. It’s that simple.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sure some people leave without a word but people quite often try to leave some kind of review with the reasons why they leave.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > No, they don't.

> > >

> > > If you say so, at least give some evidence to back your point of view. Just as I did.

> >

> > You didn't. You just claimed that what you say is evidence, while being nothing more but an anecdote.

> >

>

> Anecdote..? As I said, type any name of MMO plus the key words « I quit » on Google. See for yourself the crazy amount of threads with this topic.

Yes, this is called anecdote.

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > > > I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This. When they said that I had no hype at all. Especially with the long wait during each episode, which I can understand for quality reasons but still big changes only happen with expansions.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > False, just look at last reviews threads in every single MMO forum. It’s not science

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I agree, it's not science, therefore you can't use it as proof.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Indeed, but I just did that : “People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.”

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again there are so many threads in various MMOs’ forums with people saying they’re leaving. Simply write *name of the mmo*+ I quit on Google.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Even famous players get to do that either live or on a youtube video. It happened a lot and will happen again. It’s that simple.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sure some people leave without a word but people quite often try to leave some kind of review with the reasons why they leave.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > No, they don't.

> > > >

> > > > If you say so, at least give some evidence to back your point of view. Just as I did.

> > >

> > > You didn't. You just claimed that what you say is evidence, while being nothing more but an anecdote.

> > >

> >

> > Anecdote..? As I said, type any name of MMO plus the key words « I quit » on Google. See for yourself the crazy amount of threads with this topic.

>

>

> Yes, this is called anecdote.

It may be an anecdote, but only two instances of someone ever quitting an MMO after saying that they would are required for to debunk the claim made here. Anecdotal evidence is sufficient in such a situation as it is ludicrous to argue that no one of the millions of mmo players over the last couple of decades has ever declared that they were quitting when doing so.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > > > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > This. When they said that I had no hype at all. Especially with the long wait during each episode, which I can understand for quality reasons but still big changes only happen with expansions.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > False, just look at last reviews threads in every single MMO forum. It’s not science

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I agree, it's not science, therefore you can't use it as proof.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Indeed, but I just did that : “People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.”

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Again there are so many threads in various MMOs’ forums with people saying they’re leaving. Simply write *name of the mmo*+ I quit on Google.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Even famous players get to do that either live or on a youtube video. It happened a lot and will happen again. It’s that simple.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sure some people leave without a word but people quite often try to leave some kind of review with the reasons why they leave.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, they don't.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you say so, at least give some evidence to back your point of view. Just as I did.

> > > >

> > > > You didn't. You just claimed that what you say is evidence, while being nothing more but an anecdote.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Anecdote..? As I said, type any name of MMO plus the key words « I quit » on Google. See for yourself the crazy amount of threads with this topic.

> >

> >

> > Yes, this is called anecdote.

>

> It may be an anecdote, but only two instances of someone ever quitting an MMO after saying that they would are required for to debunk the claim made here. Anecdotal evidence is sufficient in such a situation as it is ludicrous to argue that no one of the millions of mmo players over the last couple of decades has ever declared that they were quitting when doing so.

I don't see how you are the one who have authority for judgmental calls like this. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

> On a different note season 5 doesn't have to end because the expansion comes out. Say you have only 3 episodes, the expansion comes and after the expansion story you could have episodes 4, 5 & 6. ;)

would break UI and why would they do that?

if they wanted to do that they could just make season 4 3 episodes longer.

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > This. When they said that I had no hype at all. Especially with the long wait during each episode, which I can understand for quality reasons but still big changes only happen with expansions.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > False, just look at last reviews threads in every single MMO forum. It’s not science

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I agree, it's not science, therefore you can't use it as proof.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Indeed, but I just did that : “People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.”

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Again there are so many threads in various MMOs’ forums with people saying they’re leaving. Simply write *name of the mmo*+ I quit on Google.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Even famous players get to do that either live or on a youtube video. It happened a lot and will happen again. It’s that simple.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sure some people leave without a word but people quite often try to leave some kind of review with the reasons why they leave.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No, they don't.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you say so, at least give some evidence to back your point of view. Just as I did.

> > > > >

> > > > > You didn't. You just claimed that what you say is evidence, while being nothing more but an anecdote.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Anecdote..? As I said, type any name of MMO plus the key words « I quit » on Google. See for yourself the crazy amount of threads with this topic.

> > >

> > >

> > > Yes, this is called anecdote.

> >

> > It may be an anecdote, but only two instances of someone ever quitting an MMO after saying that they would are required for to debunk the claim made here. Anecdotal evidence is sufficient in such a situation as it is ludicrous to argue that no one of the millions of mmo players over the last couple of decades has ever declared that they were quitting when doing so.

>

> I don't see how you are the one who have authority for judgmental calls like this. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Is it reasonable to assume that no one of millions (perhaps tens of millions over the period of decades)of players has ever said that they were quitting when doing so?

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > And what are you personally going to do to prevent the wait? lol

> > I cannot prevent the wait, but I can stop waiting.

> People who truly quit don't announce it, they just quit.

Stop waiting is a state of mind. It doesn't necessarily mean quitting the game. ;)

It makes TONS of sense to gate things behind the episodes. That way they get a continuous trickle of income.

As for things gated in lw3 there is Aurora, plus the easiest trinket farm ever in winterberries. I know at LEAST four people have gone back and purchased for those.

So it makes TONS of sense for there to be more gates to break with the roller beetle. And races too.

> Season 5 before the expansion is already scheduled no date yet. I think we'll get 6 episodes in season 4 again giving them time for the late 3rd exp. Season 5 not being Kralkatorrik related but perhaps used as the first living world prequel to an expansion. Season 5 could be used as a maglev hype train to the biggest expansion yet.

>

Wasn't Season 2 a living world prequel to HoT? If they do it again, it will hardly be the first...

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> I dont mind this if each season is only 4 episodes long. Most ls maps die very very quickly and some are just so bad noone wants to play them.

Which is part of why I want to see these new maps contiguous from an existing map (ideally not gated either). It feels too much like they are one-offs, even if they have a map location. Meanwhile, I always find myself revisiting any given map that is directly reachable from a core map.

I'm glad there's going to be a wait..

While I enjoyed HoT and PoF I must admit that I still wanted more.

Specifically more story.. more maps.. more content.

Typically expansions are massive additions to MMO's.. usually entirely new regions.

Even guildwars 1 introduced entirely new countries with it's expansion/additional releases.. those included multiple new regions, skills, classes, tons of new maps, enemies etc etc.

Gw2's expansions while good simply don't have the same level of content a typical expansion does and I think that's what people mostly want from Gw2 expansions.

It's true we also get a lot with the living world as well but it's not the same as that typical big content dump expansion.

I'm more than willing to wait 2-3 years for an expansion if it delivers that big content dump that I crave.

If for example Cantha is where we're going next and the expansion isn't going to just give us 4-5 maps but rather 10-20 with a huge campaign closer in length to the personal story than either of the expansion story's then all I have to say is Anet.. take as long as you need because that's exactly what I want from Gw2 expansions and i'll wait for as long as it takes to get it.