Is it possible to map my mouse to do this?

It isn't possible ingame (there is no keybind for "lowering" or "raising" your attunement). I don't know about makros on your G600, but I'd be surprised if it had the functionality. It is possible to write automation software that emulates the behaviour you describe, but that would be an external program that waits for your keystrokes and emulates buttons based on that.

Some mouse software counts the scroll wheel as a button - so one 'click' on the wheel is the same as one press on a button. But I don't think there's a way to bind more than one action to it. People use it for things like binding left-click to the wheel so they can scroll up and quickly open lots of bags, but you wouldn't be able to bind F1, F2, F3 and F4 and cycle though them.

I'm not sure if your mouse has the functionality where the middle wheel has 'buttons' that go left/right (I believe they are forward/back by default? My G500 has it but I turned them off because I'd mistakenly activate them). But if so you could perhaps bind attunements to Mousewheel up, down, left, right? It wouldn't be the scrolling you're asking for but it should still count as one keypress, one action. Alternatively (and I don't know if it works with the mouse wheel) you could use Mouse Wheel up/down for two attunements, and the 3rd ring-finger button +up/down for the other two? IIRC the G600 is the one with the extra mouse button that acts as a modifier?

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> You can do it with the G-Gaming software. It won't be bannable because it is 1 click - 1 action (in your case 1 scroll - 1 action) and you are not automating anything. You notice your scroll sound when moving it up or down? Well, 1 sound is 1 click.

While it's one click = one action, the problem is that it's same click = *different* actions, as "scroll down" will be alternately F1 to F4. This is against the rules **IIRC**, not to mention it would be problematic to make actually work properly since it would need to read current state to determine what key it should transmit as.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > You can do it with the G-Gaming software. It won't be bannable because it is 1 click - 1 action (in your case 1 scroll - 1 action) and you are not automating anything. You notice your scroll sound when moving it up or down? Well, 1 sound is 1 click.

>

> While it's one click = one action, the problem is that it's same click = *different* actions, as "scroll down" will be alternately F1 to F4. This is against the rules **IIRC**, not to mention it would be problematic to make actually work properly since it would need to read current state to determine what key it should transmit as.

It might not need to read the current state in-game, it could just record where it was in the pattern and carry on from there. Which would mean it wouldn't cycle properly if you switch another way - for example if you use the scroll wheel to go from Fire to Water to Earth and then click to switch back to Fire the next time you press the scroll wheel it will go to Air instead of Water. But it would be close to what the OP wants and wouldn't need to get any info from the game.

The problem is the one key = one action rule. Using the scroll wheel is ok, because scrolling the wheel is an action. The problem is one key doing different things. If this is allowed could I then bind my entire raid rotation to one key and just keep pressing it to activate all the skills in the right order?

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > You can do it with the G-Gaming software. It won't be bannable because it is 1 click - 1 action (in your case 1 scroll - 1 action) and you are not automating anything. You notice your scroll sound when moving it up or down? Well, 1 sound is 1 click.

> >

> > While it's one click = one action, the problem is that it's same click = *different* actions, as "scroll down" will be alternately F1 to F4. This is against the rules **IIRC**, not to mention it would be problematic to make actually work properly since it would need to read current state to determine what key it should transmit as.

>

> It might not need to read the current state in-game, it could just record where it was in the pattern and carry on from there. Which would mean it wouldn't cycle properly if you switch another way - for example if you use the scroll wheel to go from Fire to Water to Earth and then click to switch back to Fire the next time you press the scroll wheel it will go to Air instead of Water. But it would be close to what the OP wants and wouldn't need to get any info from the game.

>

> The problem is the one key = one action rule. Using the scroll wheel is ok, because scrolling the wheel is an action. The problem is one key doing different things. If this is allowed could I then bind my entire raid rotation to one key and just keep pressing it to activate all the skills in the right order?

This rule isn't properly explained. His scroll indeed does 1 thing - changes attunement. The rule never states that pressing same key can't do different things. That's how autoattack chains work in this game.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> should've taken the razer naga, plenty of buttons on the side so no need for multimacro's.

The G600 has the same number of buttons and a "shift" button that allows you to bind a second set of keys to them.

You could use that shift function and bind some side buttons to F1 to F4 or bind your element switching to ctrl 1-4 and use the mouse that way I'd be more useful than the scrollwheel IMO, you'll often want to go from fire to air without putting water on cool down, for example.

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > You can do it with the G-Gaming software. It won't be bannable because it is 1 click - 1 action (in your case 1 scroll - 1 action) and you are not automating anything. You notice your scroll sound when moving it up or down? Well, 1 sound is 1 click.

> > >

> > > While it's one click = one action, the problem is that it's same click = *different* actions, as "scroll down" will be alternately F1 to F4. This is against the rules **IIRC**, not to mention it would be problematic to make actually work properly since it would need to read current state to determine what key it should transmit as.

> >

> > It might not need to read the current state in-game, it could just record where it was in the pattern and carry on from there. Which would mean it wouldn't cycle properly if you switch another way - for example if you use the scroll wheel to go from Fire to Water to Earth and then click to switch back to Fire the next time you press the scroll wheel it will go to Air instead of Water. But it would be close to what the OP wants and wouldn't need to get any info from the game.

> >

> > The problem is the one key = one action rule. Using the scroll wheel is ok, because scrolling the wheel is an action. The problem is one key doing different things. If this is allowed could I then bind my entire raid rotation to one key and just keep pressing it to activate all the skills in the right order?

>

> This rule isn't properly explained. His scroll indeed does 1 thing - changes attunement. The rule never states that pressing same key can't do different things. That's how autoattack chains work in this game.

the aa chains are still the same skill tho.

Your asking for press 1 activate 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 but still only pressing 1 that we cant do.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > You can do it with the G-Gaming software. It won't be bannable because it is 1 click - 1 action (in your case 1 scroll - 1 action) and you are not automating anything. You notice your scroll sound when moving it up or down? Well, 1 sound is 1 click.

> > > >

> > > > While it's one click = one action, the problem is that it's same click = *different* actions, as "scroll down" will be alternately F1 to F4. This is against the rules **IIRC**, not to mention it would be problematic to make actually work properly since it would need to read current state to determine what key it should transmit as.

> > >

> > > It might not need to read the current state in-game, it could just record where it was in the pattern and carry on from there. Which would mean it wouldn't cycle properly if you switch another way - for example if you use the scroll wheel to go from Fire to Water to Earth and then click to switch back to Fire the next time you press the scroll wheel it will go to Air instead of Water. But it would be close to what the OP wants and wouldn't need to get any info from the game.

> > >

> > > The problem is the one key = one action rule. Using the scroll wheel is ok, because scrolling the wheel is an action. The problem is one key doing different things. If this is allowed could I then bind my entire raid rotation to one key and just keep pressing it to activate all the skills in the right order?

> >

> > This rule isn't properly explained. His scroll indeed does 1 thing - changes attunement. The rule never states that pressing same key can't do different things. That's how autoattack chains work in this game.

>

> the aa chains are still the same skill tho.

> Your asking for press 1 activate 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 but still only pressing 1 that we cant do.

>

I fail to see how this is macroing. If I am in F1 and want to get to F4 I would have to scroll the wheel 4 times in forward motion or once in backward motion. It's still 1 button press 1 action. Macroing is having 1 button activate 4 skills at same time.

> @"Wigglybuff.2138" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > > You can do it with the G-Gaming software. It won't be bannable because it is 1 click - 1 action (in your case 1 scroll - 1 action) and you are not automating anything. You notice your scroll sound when moving it up or down? Well, 1 sound is 1 click.

> > > > >

> > > > > While it's one click = one action, the problem is that it's same click = *different* actions, as "scroll down" will be alternately F1 to F4. This is against the rules **IIRC**, not to mention it would be problematic to make actually work properly since it would need to read current state to determine what key it should transmit as.

> > > >

> > > > It might not need to read the current state in-game, it could just record where it was in the pattern and carry on from there. Which would mean it wouldn't cycle properly if you switch another way - for example if you use the scroll wheel to go from Fire to Water to Earth and then click to switch back to Fire the next time you press the scroll wheel it will go to Air instead of Water. But it would be close to what the OP wants and wouldn't need to get any info from the game.

> > > >

> > > > The problem is the one key = one action rule. Using the scroll wheel is ok, because scrolling the wheel is an action. The problem is one key doing different things. If this is allowed could I then bind my entire raid rotation to one key and just keep pressing it to activate all the skills in the right order?

> > >

> > > This rule isn't properly explained. His scroll indeed does 1 thing - changes attunement. The rule never states that pressing same key can't do different things. That's how autoattack chains work in this game.

> >

> > the aa chains are still the same skill tho.

> > Your asking for press 1 activate 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 but still only pressing 1 that we cant do.

> >

>

> I fail to see how this is macroing. If I am in F1 and want to get to F4 I would have to scroll the wheel 4 times in forward motion or once in backward motion. It's still 1 button press 1 action. Macroing is having 1 button activate 4 skills at same time.

its that your pressing the same button but get diffrent results.

if we go down that slope we will have 1 button rotations since just pressing 1 all the time will activate what ever skill is programed to fire of next.

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > You can do it with the G-Gaming software. It won't be bannable because it is 1 click - 1 action (in your case 1 scroll - 1 action) and you are not automating anything. You notice your scroll sound when moving it up or down? Well, 1 sound is 1 click.

> > > > >

> > > > > While it's one click = one action, the problem is that it's same click = *different* actions, as "scroll down" will be alternately F1 to F4. This is against the rules **IIRC**, not to mention it would be problematic to make actually work properly since it would need to read current state to determine what key it should transmit as.

> > > >

> > > > It might not need to read the current state in-game, it could just record where it was in the pattern and carry on from there. Which would mean it wouldn't cycle properly if you switch another way - for example if you use the scroll wheel to go from Fire to Water to Earth and then click to switch back to Fire the next time you press the scroll wheel it will go to Air instead of Water. But it would be close to what the OP wants and wouldn't need to get any info from the game.

> > > >

> > > > The problem is the one key = one action rule. Using the scroll wheel is ok, because scrolling the wheel is an action. The problem is one key doing different things. If this is allowed could I then bind my entire raid rotation to one key and just keep pressing it to activate all the skills in the right order?

> > >

> > > This rule isn't properly explained. His scroll indeed does 1 thing - changes attunement. The rule never states that pressing same key can't do different things. That's how autoattack chains work in this game.

> >

> > Your asking for press 1 activate 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 but still only pressing 1 that we cant do.

> >

>

> I fail to see how this is macroing. If I am in F1 and want to get to F4 I would have to scroll the wheel 4 times in forward motion or once in backward motion. It's still 1 button press 1 action. Macroing is having 1 button activate 4 skills at same time.

its that your pressing the same button but get diffrent results.

if we go down that slope we will have 1 button rotations since just pressing 1 all the time will activate what ever skill is programed to fire of next.

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

There is no doubt that the suggested setup is clear of the *1 keypress makes 1 action* rule, but **that isn't the only rule about macroing!**

I don't have any quotes saved, so I'm not sure at all, but I *think* they've expressely forbidden having one key do a sequence of things *even if each action takes a keypress*. As I said, I'm not sure though!

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Wigglybuff.2138" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > > > You can do it with the G-Gaming software. It won't be bannable because it is 1 click - 1 action (in your case 1 scroll - 1 action) and you are not automating anything. You notice your scroll sound when moving it up or down? Well, 1 sound is 1 click.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > While it's one click = one action, the problem is that it's same click = *different* actions, as "scroll down" will be alternately F1 to F4. This is against the rules **IIRC**, not to mention it would be problematic to make actually work properly since it would need to read current state to determine what key it should transmit as.

> > > > >

> > > > > It might not need to read the current state in-game, it could just record where it was in the pattern and carry on from there. Which would mean it wouldn't cycle properly if you switch another way - for example if you use the scroll wheel to go from Fire to Water to Earth and then click to switch back to Fire the next time you press the scroll wheel it will go to Air instead of Water. But it would be close to what the OP wants and wouldn't need to get any info from the game.

> > > > >

> > > > > The problem is the one key = one action rule. Using the scroll wheel is ok, because scrolling the wheel is an action. The problem is one key doing different things. If this is allowed could I then bind my entire raid rotation to one key and just keep pressing it to activate all the skills in the right order?

> > > >

> > > > This rule isn't properly explained. His scroll indeed does 1 thing - changes attunement. The rule never states that pressing same key can't do different things. That's how autoattack chains work in this game.

> > >

> > > the aa chains are still the same skill tho.

> > > Your asking for press 1 activate 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 but still only pressing 1 that we cant do.

> > >

> >

> > I fail to see how this is macroing. If I am in F1 and want to get to F4 I would have to scroll the wheel 4 times in forward motion or once in backward motion. It's still 1 button press 1 action. Macroing is having 1 button activate 4 skills at same time.

>

> There is no doubt that the suggested setup is clear of the *1 keypress makes 1 action* rule, but **that isn't the only rule about macroing!**

>

> I don't have any quotes saved, so I'm not sure at all, but I *think* they've expressely forbidden having one key do a sequence of things *even if each action takes a keypress*. As I said, I'm not sure though!

I think you're right, it prevents people from writing a macro where you only have to push a single button that steps through a complicated DPS rotation, for example.

Even if you figure out how to do this, consider: there is a game built-in recharge before you can select another attunement. So if you are on F1 (Fire) and want to get to F4 (Earth) you will have to wait on F2 (Water) for about a second, then on F3 (Lightning) for another second before you arrive at Earth. And if you want to go back quickly, you'll notice that the delay is even longer. Better if you can go directly to the desired attunement than to scroll through them.

You would be better off getting a mouse with a lot of programmable buttons, then assign 4 mouse buttons to each of the 4 attunements. (Personally I hate those mice with a huge button thumb pad... not natural at all. Very easy to get confused.) I'm not making any comment here as to whether or not ANet would have a problem with assigning a single keystroke to a mouse button.

You could also buy a keyboard with additional programmable keys if the positioning of F1-F4 is the problem. Once again, ANet doesn't like it when you use one key to perform multiple tasks... but I would imagine they wouldn't have any issue with reassigning keys on your keyboard so that F1-F4 are more easily accessible for you.

> @"Hamfast.8719" said:

> Even if you figure out how to do this, consider: there is a game built-in recharge before you can select another attunement. So if you are on F1 (Fire) and want to get to F4 (Earth) you will have to wait on F2 (Water) for about a second, then on F3 (Lightning) for another second before you arrive at Earth. And if you want to go back quickly, you'll notice that the delay is even longer. Better if you can go directly to the desired attunement than to scroll through them.

>

> You would be better off getting a mouse with a lot of programmable buttons, then assign 4 mouse buttons to each of the 4 attunements. (Personally I hate those mice with a huge button thumb pad... not natural at all. Very easy to get confused.) I'm not making any comment here as to whether or not ANet would have a problem with assigning a single keystroke to a mouse button.

>

> You could also buy a keyboard with additional programmable keys if the positioning of F1-F4 is the problem. Once again, ANet doesn't like it when you use one key to perform multiple tasks... but I would imagine they wouldn't have any issue with reassigning keys on your keyboard so that F1-F4 are more easily accessible for you.

Ofcourse they wouldent have any problem with remaping the keys I got f1=q f2=e f3=m4 f4=m5 f5=m3

They would however have a problem with what the op wants to do q once f1 q second time f2 etc.