Scourge, MES, SB, DE all > Reaper

TheDevice.2751

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> All I see is necromancers always wanting broken faceroll specs. L2P issues sit with those who think reaper is balanced.

Lol you say you play SB which has enjoyed being one of the best side noders for what, a full year now?

Get real. Just because reapers give you a run for your money now doesn’t automatically make them OP. > @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > You can't even dispute it.

> >

> > Scourge literally counters reapers

> > Reapers can't even touch Mes with the limited mobility

> > SB just walk over a reaper (what's damage?)

> > DE just pops out of stealth and 100-0 under a second any reaper

> >

> > Get your priorities straight community

>

> Would you like to write a joke book for me? We've been asking anet yo balance things and all we're getting is more broken specs. First Mirage and now Reapers. As a spellbreaker I'm not even sure where all my sustain vanishes against reapers. The fact that a reaper can faceroll a spellbreaker, or make it kite even, is a big joke in itself.

>

> Get your facts right. Our priorities are calculated.

It sounds like you just never got very good with your class. Reapers certainly don’t faceroll good spellbreakers, just bad ones.

Like has been stated above people got used to reapers being easy targets as a low mobility, vulnerable class that can be reset until they die. Reapers are in a much better state now, dare I say a competitive state. The meta shifts and what was once a faceroll kill for a spell breaker is now a challenge.

It’s amusing to see silver tier PvPers come to the forums like they hold any expertise in the matter.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > You say that as if reaper is a dueling class. It is not. It shines in team play, so whether things counter it 1v1 or not is irrelevant when they do 12k instant passive hits with their soul spiral. It's like saying war can't beat several classes 1v1. This is true, but war isn't meant to win 1v1s... It's meant to survive them.

>

> Soul Spiral is neither instant nor passive. Also Reaper isn't really that great in teamfights because it's too easy to control and spike. Reaper gets better results in 2v2s against low mobility classes like guardian and non-boots engi builds.

Sentence Analysis: "When they do 12k instant passive hits *with* (meaning accompanied by) their soul spiral...". Meaning The 12k in passive hits isn't a description of soul spiral, but it occurs in conjunction with soul spiral. Soul spiral isn't either instant or passive, yes, and that is not what I said it was.

> @"Sinful.2165" said:

> > @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > All I see is necromancers always wanting broken faceroll specs. L2P issues sit with those who think reaper is balanced.

>

> Lol you say you play SB which has enjoyed being one of the best side noders for what, a full year now?

>

> Get real. Just because reapers give you a run for your money now doesn’t automatically make them OP. > @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > > You can't even dispute it.

> > >

> > > Scourge literally counters reapers

> > > Reapers can't even touch Mes with the limited mobility

> > > SB just walk over a reaper (what's damage?)

> > > DE just pops out of stealth and 100-0 under a second any reaper

> > >

> > > Get your priorities straight community

> >

> > Would you like to write a joke book for me? We've been asking anet yo balance things and all we're getting is more broken specs. First Mirage and now Reapers. As a spellbreaker I'm not even sure where all my sustain vanishes against reapers. The fact that a reaper can faceroll a spellbreaker, or make it kite even, is a big joke in itself.

> >

> > Get your facts right. Our priorities are calculated.

>

> It sounds like you just never got very good with your class. Reapers certainly don’t faceroll good spellbreakers, just bad ones.

>

> Like has been stated above people got used to reapers being easy targets as a low mobility, vulnerable class that can be reset until they die. Reapers are in a much better state now, dare I say a competitive state. The meta shifts and what was once a faceroll kill for a spell breaker is now a challenge.

>

> It’s amusing to see silver tier PvPers come to the forums like they hold any expertise in the matter.

Looks like you just like to make random assessments about people and how good they are with a class. Stop thinking that hard. We're not discussing who's better here. That might interest you but doesn't interest me at all.

I don't even main spellbreaker. I never said reaper was previously OP. You're in denial mode and not wanting to accept a simple fact that latest patch has given us a new crutch spec that should be considered broken. It is reaper. I'm keeping things simple and reminding developers to consider nerfing it back to where it would be a decent enough spec to play. It's broken as for now. You like it or not, that's how I feel and I'm sharing it here.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> Reaper has damage to make up for the lack of:

>

> 1. Sustain

> 2. Mobility

> 3. Utility

>

> It's not broken. Anyone having an issue dealing with Reaper should try NOT facetanking them in melee range. ^^

Well, for once I have to agree with shadowpass. Except, Axe range is broken for necros. Can we please halve it?

Also, Repaer is OP. Nerf it please ?.

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > It doesn't Badmed probably is just a bad player who got wrecked by a reaper because he facetanks them.

>

> How defensive you guys get the moment someone says a necro spec is OP. Im loving my popcorns.

Show me your soulbeast video of you fighting bro, i want to see you back up your words.Make a youtube video of you fighting so other rangers can help you.

Learn 2:CC/cripple the reaper and then range him.You got a billion ccs including if you use druid spec you can immob and just shoot him down.

I've played some ranger in spvp and you can do some pretty nice ranged dmg.

> @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > You say that as if reaper is a dueling class. It is not. It shines in team play, so whether things counter it 1v1 or not is irrelevant when they do 12k instant passive hits with their soul spiral. It's like saying war can't beat several classes 1v1. This is true, but war isn't meant to win 1v1s... It's meant to survive them.

> >

> > Soul Spiral is neither instant nor passive. Also Reaper isn't really that great in teamfights because it's too easy to control and spike. Reaper gets better results in 2v2s against low mobility classes like guardian and non-boots engi builds.

>

> Sentence Analysis: "When they do 12k instant passive hits *with* (meaning accompanied by) their soul spiral...". Meaning The 12k in passive hits isn't a description of soul spiral, but it occurs in conjunction with soul spiral. Soul spiral isn't either instant or passive, yes, and that is not what I said it was.

And where may I ask is Reaper getting 12k 'passive' procs from?

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > It doesn't Badmed probably is just a bad player who got wrecked by a reaper because he facetanks them.

> >

> > How defensive you guys get the moment someone says a necro spec is OP. Im loving my popcorns.

>

> Show me your soulbeast video of you fighting bro, i want to see you back up your words.Make a youtube video of you fighting so other rangers can help you.

>

> Learn 2:CC/cripple the reaper and then range him.You got a billion ccs including if you use druid spec you can immob and just shoot him down.

>

> I've played some ranger in spvp and you can do some pretty nice ranged dmg.

What words you want me to back up man. You seem to have caught a different train. Get back on the journey mate.

Your problem is you're so focused on me. Trust me, I'm doing very fine. I'm not complaining about my spec. I'm simply saying that recent patch made reaper viable in the wrong way. Damage buff is too much. Take it back and it it where it belongs. Stop being so protective of necromancers. Let's make this game more fun.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > You say that as if reaper is a dueling class. It is not. It shines in team play, so whether things counter it 1v1 or not is irrelevant when they do 12k instant passive hits with their soul spiral. It's like saying war can't beat several classes 1v1. This is true, but war isn't meant to win 1v1s... It's meant to survive them.

> > >

> > > Soul Spiral is neither instant nor passive. Also Reaper isn't really that great in teamfights because it's too easy to control and spike. Reaper gets better results in 2v2s against low mobility classes like guardian and non-boots engi builds.

> >

> > Sentence Analysis: "When they do 12k instant passive hits *with* (meaning accompanied by) their soul spiral...". Meaning The 12k in passive hits isn't a description of soul spiral, but it occurs in conjunction with soul spiral. Soul spiral isn't either instant or passive, yes, and that is not what I said it was.

>

> And where may I ask is Reaper getting 12k 'passive' procs from?

Not sure but i think he's talking about this trait (Spite)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chill_of_Death

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > It doesn't Badmed probably is just a bad player who got wrecked by a reaper because he facetanks them.

> > >

> > > How defensive you guys get the moment someone says a necro spec is OP. Im loving my popcorns.

> >

> > Show me your soulbeast video of you fighting bro, i want to see you back up your words.Make a youtube video of you fighting so other rangers can help you.

> >

> > Learn 2:CC/cripple the reaper and then range him.You got a billion ccs including if you use druid spec you can immob and just shoot him down.

> >

> > I've played some ranger in spvp and you can do some pretty nice ranged dmg.

>

> What words you want me to back up man. You seem to have caught a different train. Get back on the journey mate.

>

> Your problem is you're so focused on me. Trust me, I'm doing very fine. I'm not complaining about my spec. I'm simply saying that recent patch made reaper viable in the wrong way. Damage buff is too much. Take it back and it it where it belongs. Stop being so protective of necromancers. Let's make this game more fun.

I want you to show me a youtube video recording of you pvping so everyone here can see what you and see what you do vs reapers.Someone is bound to be able to help you.

The problem with nerfing reaper, is that in this case the quickness is needed for landing a blow, and dmg is needed to be a threat.Without either one of those, the slow moving monster is no longer a threat no more.It would be like if a slow moving jason vorhees was hitting you with a wet noodle, it wouldn't be threatening no more or fun for the person playing a reaper.

Yes balance has to be made but there is simply too much power creep from other classes, that reaper alone will not be able to keep up.

Its very problematic for everyone that there is so much mobility invuln and dmg combined, that reaper which is a hot spec and balanced for hot, won't be able to keep up.

If necro gets balanced, every other class needs to be balanced too so it can function, otherwise it under performs.I don't know anything about the performance of soulbeast i have no idea.I saw a video of someone who was a ranger using i think the bear attack thing is axe? and longbow and he was running away doing the knockback effect and he was jumping down in WVW kiting and killing players.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > You say that as if reaper is a dueling class. It is not. It shines in team play, so whether things counter it 1v1 or not is irrelevant when they do 12k instant passive hits with their soul spiral. It's like saying war can't beat several classes 1v1. This is true, but war isn't meant to win 1v1s... It's meant to survive them.

> > >

> > > Soul Spiral is neither instant nor passive. Also Reaper isn't really that great in teamfights because it's too easy to control and spike. Reaper gets better results in 2v2s against low mobility classes like guardian and non-boots engi builds.

> >

> > Sentence Analysis: "When they do 12k instant passive hits *with* (meaning accompanied by) their soul spiral...". Meaning The 12k in passive hits isn't a description of soul spiral, but it occurs in conjunction with soul spiral. Soul spiral isn't either instant or passive, yes, and that is not what I said it was.

>

> And where may I ask is Reaper getting 12k 'passive' procs from?

He is probably talking about the combination of chill of death , spiteful spirit and chilling nova.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > > You say that as if reaper is a dueling class. It is not. It shines in team play, so whether things counter it 1v1 or not is irrelevant when they do 12k instant passive hits with their soul spiral. It's like saying war can't beat several classes 1v1. This is true, but war isn't meant to win 1v1s... It's meant to survive them.

> > > >

> > > > Soul Spiral is neither instant nor passive. Also Reaper isn't really that great in teamfights because it's too easy to control and spike. Reaper gets better results in 2v2s against low mobility classes like guardian and non-boots engi builds.

> > >

> > > Sentence Analysis: "When they do 12k instant passive hits *with* (meaning accompanied by) their soul spiral...". Meaning The 12k in passive hits isn't a description of soul spiral, but it occurs in conjunction with soul spiral. Soul spiral isn't either instant or passive, yes, and that is not what I said it was.

> >

> > And where may I ask is Reaper getting 12k 'passive' procs from?

>

> He is probably talking about the combination of chill of death , spiteful spirit and chilling nova.

^

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > > You say that as if reaper is a dueling class. It is not. It shines in team play, so whether things counter it 1v1 or not is irrelevant when they do 12k instant passive hits with their soul spiral. It's like saying war can't beat several classes 1v1. This is true, but war isn't meant to win 1v1s... It's meant to survive them.

> > > >

> > > > Soul Spiral is neither instant nor passive. Also Reaper isn't really that great in teamfights because it's too easy to control and spike. Reaper gets better results in 2v2s against low mobility classes like guardian and non-boots engi builds.

> > >

> > > Sentence Analysis: "When they do 12k instant passive hits *with* (meaning accompanied by) their soul spiral...". Meaning The 12k in passive hits isn't a description of soul spiral, but it occurs in conjunction with soul spiral. Soul spiral isn't either instant or passive, yes, and that is not what I said it was.

> >

> > And where may I ask is Reaper getting 12k 'passive' procs from?

>

> He is probably talking about the combination of chill of death , spiteful spirit and chilling nova.

Spiteful Spirit isn't tied to Soul Spiral, and it's not passive either as it's only triggered by a specific action.

CoD + CD is like 5k tops.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > > > You say that as if reaper is a dueling class. It is not. It shines in team play, so whether things counter it 1v1 or not is irrelevant when they do 12k instant passive hits with their soul spiral. It's like saying war can't beat several classes 1v1. This is true, but war isn't meant to win 1v1s... It's meant to survive them.

> > > > >

> > > > > Soul Spiral is neither instant nor passive. Also Reaper isn't really that great in teamfights because it's too easy to control and spike. Reaper gets better results in 2v2s against low mobility classes like guardian and non-boots engi builds.

> > > >

> > > > Sentence Analysis: "When they do 12k instant passive hits *with* (meaning accompanied by) their soul spiral...". Meaning The 12k in passive hits isn't a description of soul spiral, but it occurs in conjunction with soul spiral. Soul spiral isn't either instant or passive, yes, and that is not what I said it was.

> > >

> > > And where may I ask is Reaper getting 12k 'passive' procs from?

> >

> > He is probably talking about the combination of chill of death , spiteful spirit and chilling nova.

>

> Spiteful Spirit isn't tied to Soul Spiral, and it's not passive either as it's only triggered by a specific action.

>

> CoD + CD is like 5k tops.

You're misunderstanding. They meant X + SoulSpiral not SoulSpiral = X.

Also the 3 traits combined have a total damage coeff of 3.145 at the top end and 1.9 at the very low end. Then you add in might and vulnerability plus the extra 3~600 ferocity in shroud and you can see on a target with no armour investment and in light armour you can hit very high numbers.

There are 3 main problems

1. without the stacked might and vuln plus a low armour target it doesn't do a whole bunch.

2. both attacks remove boons before they do damage. your target would need to be **below 50% with 7+ boons** for this to happen.

3.in a team fight you don't know who the chill of death/chilling nova is going to proc on and they can get wasted.

As with any power attack weakness and protection kill the damage pretty hard but when the stars align and you can land it it hurts, even tops out higher than grave digger. But again...when the stars align. Its very conditional.

So what OP, do you want Reaper to oneshot everyone in ~240 radius whenever you enter Shroud and deal 8k with every Scythe hit?

As far as I remember, Reaper got buffed in almost every single latest patch. It's clearly team-fight Elite, it has some 1v1s but mostly it just for doing enormous amount of damage before you die, so your teammates can finish the rest. Maybe instead of trying to make another imbagon class (/wave @mirage) lets balance the others?

> @"Widmo.3186" said:

> So what OP, do you want Reaper to oneshot everyone in ~240 radius whenever you enter Shroud and deal 8k with every Scythe hit?

> As far as I remember, Reaper got buffed in almost every single latest patch. It's clearly team-fight Elite, it has some 1v1s but mostly it just for doing enormous amount of damage before you die, so your teammates can finish the rest. Maybe instead of trying to make another imbagon class (/wave @mirage) lets balance the others?

Us reaper lovers don't want that.I think reaper atm is good in dmg in spvp.I'd love a bit of defensives buff outside of reaper to stay alive longer

> @"Widmo.3186" said:

> So what OP, do you want Reaper to oneshot everyone in ~240 radius whenever you enter Shroud and deal 8k with every Scythe hit?

> As far as I remember, Reaper got buffed in almost every single latest patch. It's clearly team-fight Elite, it has some 1v1s but mostly it just for doing enormous amount of damage before you die, so your teammates can finish the rest. Maybe instead of trying to make another imbagon class (/wave @mirage) lets balance the others?

Reaper got PvE related buffs that where focused on making Reaper not useless in raids and fractals, since previously necro was pretty much autokick in PvE.

Nobody in the PvP Reaper community is asking for more damage. We want the ability to simply be able to keep up with and engage other classes. A melee class with no mobility and subpar stability access is a non-functional design for PvP.

You can't kill what you can't catch, and you can't survive what you cannot escape.

Yeah, PvE related buffs that magically made Reaper again anyhow viable in PvP and WvW (we already know that GW2 'balancing' is mainly about PvE,dw).

What I'm trying to say is that you can't have everything. ANet couldnt give you more gap-closers so instead made you moving-cannonball. Imo theyll still somehow boost Reaper in few next patches, but don't expect to become another Mirage (hybrid of utility,survival and damage). Enjoy what you already earned after X time :)