Fractal potions useable in dungeons.

Kronos.2560

Like the title says I would love this. Heck make it so we have to upgrade the potions woth dungeons currency to be useable I don't care I just want the buffs that work in fractals to apply to dungeons. Mostly speed buff would be great but even stuff like fractal God should apply to all the 5 player instances. Thoughts?

We already have dungeonpotions, although they definately need a rework. This could be another longterm dungeon goal. Like a pouch where you can store all potions of slaying. 10k tokens of each dungeon to unlock the storeability(I don't think endless potions are a good idea) of the potion- doubleclick and it will use one charge for the dungeon you are in(maybe even use autoconsume as another upgrade)- each charge stays until you exit the dungeon.

Maybe even create something similar with the sigils of slaying.

Ignoring the lore issues (mist potions work in the mists and the dungeons are in the 'real' Tyria), why? These are potions intended to make re-running of fractals a bit easier and provide a sink for fractal currency. Dungeons are already easy enough that the sort of person who can afford the infinite-use potions won't need help (and the people who can't afford the infinites should absolutely never spend the temporaries on 'just' dungeons).

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > No they should not dungeons are to easy now days and you want to make them even easier with these potions?

>

> Dungeons are abandoned by devs so... why not? At this point it makes no difference.

If it makes no difference, then let's withdraw the suggestion entirely.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > No they should not dungeons are to easy now days and you want to make them even easier with these potions?

> >

> > Dungeons are abandoned by devs so... why not? At this point it makes no difference.

>

> If it makes no difference, then let's withdraw the suggestion entirely.

I expected you to respond like this, thank you for winning me my bet.

It makes no difference as devs already don't care about keeping dungeons relevant, therefore adding this potions can only help players deal with this content more conveniently.

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > No they should not dungeons are to easy now days and you want to make them even easier with these potions?

> > >

> > > Dungeons are abandoned by devs so... why not? At this point it makes no difference.

> >

> > If it makes no difference, then let's withdraw the suggestion entirely.

>

> I expected you to respond like this, thank you for winning me my bet.

>

> It makes no difference as devs already don't care about keeping dungeons relevant, therefore adding this potions can only help players deal with this content more conveniently.

You misunderstand: if the devs don't care, why would they bother investing time into changing the existing mechanic?

Regardless, the players who can afford mist potions already deal with this content conveniently. They do not need 'help' to do so. The ones who might need help, newer players, shouldn't be spending fractal relics on the temporary potions for _dungeons_.

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > No they should not dungeons are to easy now days and you want to make them even easier with these potions?

> > > >

> > > > Dungeons are abandoned by devs so... why not? At this point it makes no difference.

> > >

> > > If it makes no difference, then let's withdraw the suggestion entirely.

> >

> > I expected you to respond like this, thank you for winning me my bet.

> >

> > It makes no difference as devs already don't care about keeping dungeons relevant, therefore adding this potions can only help players deal with this content more conveniently.

>

> You misunderstand: if the devs don't care, why would they bother investing time into changing the existing mechanic?

Put an intern to do this. Just like they did some time ago with placing random NPCs in CoE.

> Regardless, the players who can afford mist potions already deal with this content conveniently. They do not need 'help' to do so. The ones who might need help, newer players, shouldn't be spending fractal relics on the temporary potions for _dungeons_.

I suggest you, to speak for yourself. It makes discussion easier.

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > Put an intern to do this. Just like they did some time ago with placing random NPCs in CoE.

> That would mean they care, which you claimed they don't, so which is it?

They don't care, because they put an intern or trainee to do this in dugeons, so if anything gets broke nobody will care and fixing it won't be a priority.

This was not to make people come back to dungeons. It bring value as you say. This is simply a courtesy to those who still do dungeons and would enjoy the same benefits that it gives to fractal goers. Don't tell me that you need potions or you can't do fractals or that potions brought value to fractals. All it was is a sink and convenience item that could be also be enjoyed by those who still dungeon. This isn't a huge effort or waste of programming time it's simply allowing them in dungeons not that rough.

But theres one huge thing being ignored..... the Fractal potions were created to deal with T4 Fractal difficulty scales, and CM modes. The sheer size of the bonuses they give, and the noticeable difficulty without them is pretty evident of that.

Dungeons only having 1 difficulty scale, and at most having accounted for a +10/-10 potion, isn't set up to justify even more bonuses and speed clearing then is already possible. They reduced the rewards in the dungeons for a reason; and changing that to accommodate more convenient clearing means they'd have to reduce baseline rewards, and introduce new tiers with higher difficulty scales to even out with the current rate. The fact that potions are also abused to speed clear non-CM as part of the daily runs is just a side effect of the unlimited potions still functioning with 0 opportunity cost.

The reward structure in place is the reason they can't add this without the risk of economic fall out. And redoing the reward system would in all likelihood end up being similar to CM and a 2 or 3 tier reward system, with its own set of potions, just to have a gating mechanism in place as a sink. But what would be the net gain for the player?

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > Regardless, the players who can afford mist potions already deal with this content conveniently. They do not need 'help' to do so. The ones who might need help, newer players, shouldn't be spending fractal relics on the temporary potions for _dungeons_.

>

> I suggest you, to speak for yourself. It makes discussion easier.

Are you claiming that dungeon content is harder? Are you claiming that those who can afford infinite fractal potions haven't done lots & lots of fractals? Can you support the statement that it would be efficient to use the finite fractal potions for content that will not help to gain the infinite ones? People simply don't _need_ the bonuses for dungeons.

Do people want them? Of course, otherwise OP wouldn't have started the thread. I'm not addressing what people might like to have or prefer or might be able to make use of. I'm pointing out that it isn't something that is _needed_.

And in my opinion, that's why ANet won't even consider it. (And that's why they won't waste time talking about it, let alone wasting an intern's time on it.)