• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > I hope this actually releases on the 18th and hasn't been pushed back.

> >

> > It will release on the 18th. :)

> >

> > And for clarity: We gave the press early access to the video, at 6:00 AM this morning, along with permission to share it. None of our press partners broke embargo and what I've seen published was within our expressed guidelines, which we appreciate very much.

>

> Very glad to see the next episode to be released so early. I have to say though that the last trailer was way more hype and excitement and i thought ut was a bit a bummer to not see the legy or the armor set etc. But i am reaöly looking forward to it.

I think this is valuable feedback. As you've noticed, we've created several different types and styles of trailers. Knowing how people feel about it is good for us, so thanks for sharing.

I'm going to make a stake for "Not the whole thing" trailers, though. :D How many times have you seen a movie trailer for a comedy, and all the best jokes are in the trailer? Every. Single. One. When that happens, by the time I see the movie and I feel let down because I knew exactly what is coming, what the payoff is for every joke setup. Granted, GW2 isn't exactly the stuff of comedy ;) but I still like a trailer that more suggests than tells me everything. But hey, that's a personal opinion, and we appreciate hearing **yours**.

I don't get the people that want trailers to tell us everything. I freaking hate that when movies do it, I don't want my games to do it too. This snippets that the trailer did give us already has me interested. I honestly got frustrated that being Aurene's scion was a sub-plot thing. We've really done little to nothing with her. It's about time we do.

The only thing that has be a bit worried is the upgradable armor. I'd like more info on that as I've slowly been getting interested in doing more content and **do not** like the idea of having a WoW gear system where my gear becomes total crap each release. Not looking forward to that at all. Now if this armor is similar to heirlooms that scale with you as you level to make leveling easier? I wouldn't mind that.

I'm curious about the new Mastery as well. I've used the other one (share health with mount) quite a few times so to me it's useful, so I wonder how this one will work out.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > Aside from a new map and a story episode, is there anything else we should expect in the upcoming release?

>

> Hi. If you view the trailer, at the very end there's an "end slate" that shows what's coming. It's more than you listed, for sure!

Thank you Gaile. I didn't read everything :P

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > > Aside from a new map and a story episode, is there anything else we should expect in the upcoming release?

> >

> > Hi. If you view the trailer, at the very end there's an "end slate" that shows what's coming. It's more than you listed, for sure!

>

> Thank you Gaile. I didn't read everything :P

No worries. I like the fact there's a list, but it's could be sort of easy to miss, since it comes later in the video.

The trailer wasn’t exciting for sure but I’m still glad we got one. I am loving all the breakdowns though. The multiple kind of bullet points with links to screenshots and pictures. I hope they keep some aspects of this format for future releases. The new raid wing looks like it will be stunning! I’m just hoping there isn’t a 250 mystic coin entry fee!

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Frenzify.6832" said:

> The actual content to be released may very well be good, but I think it's fine to express an opinion of finding the trailer underwhelming if you found it underwhelming.

Absolutely ok, yes!

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> And be properly playable on the 19th. :P

Oh, what am I going to do with you!? ;)

> @"miraude.2107" said:

> I don't get the people that want trailers to tell us everything. I freaking hate that when movies do it, I don't want my games to do it too. This snippets that the trailer did give us already has me interested. I honestly got frustrated that being Aurene's scion was a sub-plot thing. We've really done little to nothing with her. It's about time we do.

>

> The only thing that has be a bit worried is the upgradable armor. I'd like more info on that as I've slowly been getting interested in doing more content and **do not** like the idea of having a WoW gear system where my gear becomes total crap each release. Not looking forward to that at all. Now if this armor is similar to heirlooms that scale with you as you level to make leveling easier? I wouldn't mind that.

>

> I'm curious about the new Mastery as well. I've used the other one (share health with mount) quite a few times so to me it's useful, so I wonder how this one will work out.

I want to see SOME things in a trailer but yeah, not everything. Finding the balance is a bit tricky though.

I am a bit concerned about the armor too. According to the blog the collection starts after the story so hopefully it does not become OP to have it since not everyone completes every chapter.

> @"miraude.2107" said:

> The only thing that has be a bit worried is the upgradable armor. I'd like more info on that as I've slowly been getting interested in doing more content and **do not** like the idea of having a WoW gear system where my gear becomes total crap each release. Not looking forward to that at all. Now if this armor is similar to heirlooms that scale with you as you level to make leveling easier? I wouldn't mind that.

I'm guessing that the upgradable armor means it'll be like WvW armor there are 3 tiers of wvw armor lvl 1 is from reward trek, lvl 2 is from vendor after lvl 1 has been done, lvl 3 unlocks with having lvl 2 done and having the proper rank. As far as how it'll upgrade I'd assume we'll be given rare armor upgrade it to exotic then finally upgrade it to ascended. That way they can introduce 9 new armor skins without having to do a ton of work.

> @"Dami.5046" said:

> Bug in the system was the best trailer. The whole thing, the bit of humour turning dark with the re make of fear not this night really made me excited for it. I watched this trailer thinking meh really.

> But I love Aurene and gutted the leggie wasn't a bow. :/

Agreed with you Dami, the "A bug in the system" trailer was clear and efficient giving me shivers but also making me curious about the map, also you find all the things you saw in the trailer story step after story step which is great. Really felt like the place is twisted/invaded, here in the last trailer I only feel like "Meh another branded maps with crystals.."