Downed state - Nerf it ?

Caedmon.6798

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

>

> Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

>

> Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

>

> Im out

Right. The majority that is vocal on the forums is a small amount compared to the actual players that don't come to the forums. It's okay, I don't mind you calling me names. I'm used to it by now. But it doesn't stop the fact that those of us that post on the forums or other forums are not the majority of players. We are just more vocal about it.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

> >

> > Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

> >

> > Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

> >

> > Im out

>

> Right. The majority that is vocal on the forums is a small amount compared to the actual players that don't come to the forums. It's okay, I don't mind you calling me names. I'm used to it by now. But it doesn't stop the fact that those of us that post on the forums or other forums are not the majority of players. We are just more vocal about it.

Sorry mate, but if you read, I wasn't calling you names. Im not 12 or a PvPer. I was pointing out you were laughing that people assume things, yet you finished off with an assumption yourself. Thats all. I Apologize if you took it that I was calling you names.

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > > > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

> > >

> > > Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

> > >

> > > Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

> > >

> > > Im out

> >

> > Right. The majority that is vocal on the forums is a small amount compared to the actual players that don't come to the forums. It's okay, I don't mind you calling me names. I'm used to it by now. But it doesn't stop the fact that those of us that post on the forums or other forums are not the majority of players. We are just more vocal about it.

>

> Sorry mate, but if you read, I wasn't calling you names. Im not 12 or a PvPer. I was pointing out you were laughing that people assume things, yet you finished off with an assumption yourself. Thats all. I Apologize if you took it that I was calling you names.

Thing is though is that what I stated was more fact to it than the people assuming player builds, newness, or skill. There are tons of reports, essays, studies, etc. that point out the fact that when it comes to forums most of the people that post on them are actually a minority when it comes to games. Also when it comes down to actually talking to people you find out that there are more likely 50/50 scenarios than there are 90/10. The 90/10 that you see is usually from some small sample that has been specifically chosen to show those result. Polls and Statistics are ran this way. Just by wording something a certain way you can get the results you are looking for. Such is the case with something like this thread. The title instantly draws all of those that are of the same mindset to get rid of Downstate to come and reply with their same thinking. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I understand where you are coming from in saying that I just made an assumption too, but if you are being honest then you would know that it's not really that much of an assumption. How many times have you seen two people tell a completely different story about the same thing?

> > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > > > > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

> > > >

> > > > Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

> > > >

> > > > Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

> > > >

> > > > Im out

> > >

> > > Right. The majority that is vocal on the forums is a small amount compared to the actual players that don't come to the forums. It's okay, I don't mind you calling me names. I'm used to it by now. But it doesn't stop the fact that those of us that post on the forums or other forums are not the majority of players. We are just more vocal about it.

> >

> > Sorry mate, but if you read, I wasn't calling you names. Im not 12 or a PvPer. I was pointing out you were laughing that people assume things, yet you finished off with an assumption yourself. Thats all. I Apologize if you took it that I was calling you names.

>

> Thing is though is that what I stated was more fact to it than the people assuming player builds, newness, or skill. There are tons of reports, essays, studies, etc. that point out the fact that when it comes to forums most of the people that post on them are actually a minority when it comes to games. Also when it comes down to actually talking to people you find out that there are more likely 50/50 scenarios than there are 90/10. The 90/10 that you see is usually from some small sample that has been specifically chosen to show those result. Polls and Statistics are ran this way. Just by wording something a certain way you can get the results you are looking for. Such is the case with something like this thread. The title instantly draws all of those that are of the same mindset to get rid of Downstate to come and reply with their same thinking. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I understand where you are coming from in saying that I just made an assumption too, but if you are being honest then you would know that it's not really that much of an assumption. How many times have you seen two people tell a completely different story about the same thing?

This post is a garbled mess just sayin

> > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > > > > > > > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Im out

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Right. The majority that is vocal on the forums is a small amount compared to the actual players that don't come to the forums. It's okay, I don't mind you calling me names. I'm used to it by now. But it doesn't stop the fact that those of us that post on the forums or other forums are not the majority of players. We are just more vocal about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry mate, but if you read, I wasn't calling you names. Im not 12 or a PvPer. I was pointing out you were laughing that people assume things, yet you finished off with an assumption yourself. Thats all. I Apologize if you took it that I was calling you names.

> > > >

> > > > Thing is though is that what I stated was more fact to it than the people assuming player builds, newness, or skill. There are tons of reports, essays, studies, etc. that point out the fact that when it comes to forums most of the people that post on them are actually a minority when it comes to games. Also when it comes down to actually talking to people you find out that there are more likely 50/50 scenarios than there are 90/10. The 90/10 that you see is usually from some small sample that has been specifically chosen to show those result. Polls and Statistics are ran this way. Just by wording something a certain way you can get the results you are looking for. Such is the case with something like this thread. The title instantly draws all of those that are of the same mindset to get rid of Downstate to come and reply with their same thinking. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I understand where you are coming from in saying that I just made an assumption too, but if you are being honest then you would know that it's not really that much of an assumption. How many times have you seen two people tell a completely different story about the same thing?

> > >

> > > This post is a garbled mess just sayin

> >

> > Okay. I forget that I can't try to talk intelligently on the forums. I must dumb it down for everybody. My bad.

>

> Now now, there's no need for that. Stating things like that only invalidate your comments integrity. Play nice.

Sometimes people can make it really hard.

> > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > > > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > > > > > > > > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Im out

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Right. The majority that is vocal on the forums is a small amount compared to the actual players that don't come to the forums. It's okay, I don't mind you calling me names. I'm used to it by now. But it doesn't stop the fact that those of us that post on the forums or other forums are not the majority of players. We are just more vocal about it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sorry mate, but if you read, I wasn't calling you names. Im not 12 or a PvPer. I was pointing out you were laughing that people assume things, yet you finished off with an assumption yourself. Thats all. I Apologize if you took it that I was calling you names.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thing is though is that what I stated was more fact to it than the people assuming player builds, newness, or skill. There are tons of reports, essays, studies, etc. that point out the fact that when it comes to forums most of the people that post on them are actually a minority when it comes to games. Also when it comes down to actually talking to people you find out that there are more likely 50/50 scenarios than there are 90/10. The 90/10 that you see is usually from some small sample that has been specifically chosen to show those result. Polls and Statistics are ran this way. Just by wording something a certain way you can get the results you are looking for. Such is the case with something like this thread. The title instantly draws all of those that are of the same mindset to get rid of Downstate to come and reply with their same thinking. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I understand where you are coming from in saying that I just made an assumption too, but if you are being honest then you would know that it's not really that much of an assumption. How many times have you seen two people tell a completely different story about the same thing?

> > > >

> > > > This post is a garbled mess just sayin

> > >

> > > Okay. I forget that I can't try to talk intelligently on the forums. I must dumb it down for everybody. My bad.

> >

> > Now now, there's no need for that. Stating things like that only invalidate your comments integrity. Play nice.

>

> Sometimes people can make it really hard.

It happens. /block and move on :P

SO far in game of the servers/people I speak to, there appears to be a good portion who liked it as it added a "thrill" despite some increase in "gank squads" that WvW needed.

> > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

>

> Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

>

> Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

>

> Im out

Well, do you have the links? Quick google search and looking at the first hits, a Reddit poll was in favor of keeping downed state (47 to 38 with the remaining undecided) and a forum thread had a 55 to 45 split also in favor of keeping downed state.

> @"Nate.3927" said:

> As for winning outnumbered fights, people need to accept that if in a 2v5 you can down them but not secure kills, then yes on an individual level you are probably more skilled than all 5 players on the other side, but as a group, your collective ability and teamwork does not exceed theirs. This game mode is about more than just individual skill, teamwork is also a thing.

I get your point, but:

they did not win because of good teamwork, but because of a mechanic that favors the bigger group. If they would have had good teamwork they would have killed us without any one of them going down as they had a healer (who failed at healing 8 times) and did greatly outnumber us.

Playing well should feel rewarding. That's a game design basic. If it doesn't, then a lot of people will leave the game and play something else.

...maybe one of the reasons why GW2 PvP/WvW has a low population.

I favor ressing because most often downed people are casual players. High damages have made their playing annoying. Oneshot game for them nowadays. Or do we want scare new players away from wvw by making them to run repeatedly from waypoints? Due power creepness, it is harder to run back to commander.

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > > > > > > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Im out

> > > > >

> > > > > Right. The majority that is vocal on the forums is a small amount compared to the actual players that don't come to the forums. It's okay, I don't mind you calling me names. I'm used to it by now. But it doesn't stop the fact that those of us that post on the forums or other forums are not the majority of players. We are just more vocal about it.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry mate, but if you read, I wasn't calling you names. Im not 12 or a PvPer. I was pointing out you were laughing that people assume things, yet you finished off with an assumption yourself. Thats all. I Apologize if you took it that I was calling you names.

> > >

> > > Thing is though is that what I stated was more fact to it than the people assuming player builds, newness, or skill. There are tons of reports, essays, studies, etc. that point out the fact that when it comes to forums most of the people that post on them are actually a minority when it comes to games. Also when it comes down to actually talking to people you find out that there are more likely 50/50 scenarios than there are 90/10. The 90/10 that you see is usually from some small sample that has been specifically chosen to show those result. Polls and Statistics are ran this way. Just by wording something a certain way you can get the results you are looking for. Such is the case with something like this thread. The title instantly draws all of those that are of the same mindset to get rid of Downstate to come and reply with their same thinking. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I understand where you are coming from in saying that I just made an assumption too, but if you are being honest then you would know that it's not really that much of an assumption. How many times have you seen two people tell a completely different story about the same thing?

> >

> > This post is a garbled mess just sayin

>

> Okay. I forget that I can't try to talk intelligently on the forums. I must dumb it down for everybody. My bad.

You seem to have confused intelligence with incoherence.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > > > > > > > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Im out

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Right. The majority that is vocal on the forums is a small amount compared to the actual players that don't come to the forums. It's okay, I don't mind you calling me names. I'm used to it by now. But it doesn't stop the fact that those of us that post on the forums or other forums are not the majority of players. We are just more vocal about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry mate, but if you read, I wasn't calling you names. Im not 12 or a PvPer. I was pointing out you were laughing that people assume things, yet you finished off with an assumption yourself. Thats all. I Apologize if you took it that I was calling you names.

> > > >

> > > > Thing is though is that what I stated was more fact to it than the people assuming player builds, newness, or skill. There are tons of reports, essays, studies, etc. that point out the fact that when it comes to forums most of the people that post on them are actually a minority when it comes to games. Also when it comes down to actually talking to people you find out that there are more likely 50/50 scenarios than there are 90/10. The 90/10 that you see is usually from some small sample that has been specifically chosen to show those result. Polls and Statistics are ran this way. Just by wording something a certain way you can get the results you are looking for. Such is the case with something like this thread. The title instantly draws all of those that are of the same mindset to get rid of Downstate to come and reply with their same thinking. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I understand where you are coming from in saying that I just made an assumption too, but if you are being honest then you would know that it's not really that much of an assumption. How many times have you seen two people tell a completely different story about the same thing?

> > >

> > > This post is a garbled mess just sayin

> >

> > Okay. I forget that I can't try to talk intelligently on the forums. I must dumb it down for everybody. My bad.

>

> You seem to have confused intelligence with incoherence.

Go troll someone else. Tired of your try hard.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > Nearly everything favours the side that outnumber, if you are 2 vs 5 for instance then guess what, boon sharing, healing, shared damage shields, blasting combo fields, etc all favour the 5 man group, so better remove everything from the game...

> >

> > Back on the planet earth the reality is balance is based on equal numbers and downstate is no different than anything else in that regard, better (or at least more organised) players will handle rezzes/stomps better.

>

> Downed state in particular always disproportionately favors the larger group because the larger your group the easier it is to just run in blow cds and rally off downs or chain res once the outnumbered side runs out of cds.

>

> With no downed state the margin for error for any sized group is much lower and so any sized group can be instantly whittled down which makes a huge difference in outnumbered fights.

I agree with this, but the severe lack of skill in the current "one shot kill" meta prevents me from wanting a no down state WvWvW. Every time someone comes out of stealth with a 25k burst a player goes back to spawn regardless of skill level. Downed state makes those glassy power builds have to consider an actual risk factor rather than just going HAM. Its a risk vs reward playstyle after all. Removing the risk just furthers this already rediculous meta.

> @"SoV.5139" said:

> "able to win a fight they should have lost"

> Brought to you by those who want 1v1s but play in an 80vs80vs80 map.

> I like WvWvW --BECAUSE OF-- the chaos of huge numbers fighting huge numbers - not despite it.

Obviously i'm not in wvw to 1v1 when i state in my post this is an issue fighting vs several people.Offcourse this is no issue when fighting 1v1.If you want to make a response atleast read and understand the post ( I even gave an example of 2v5 ) instead of making invalid claims and assume im there to 1v1,which doesn;t make sense considering the statement i made about downed state and the issues that arise when fighting more people and downed state being a silly mechanic.I also don't blob,as i dont like to be carried by the 50 people behind me.

> @"SoV.5139" said:

> I agree with this, but the severe lack of skill in the current "one shot kill" meta prevents me from wanting a no down state WvWvW. Every time someone comes out of stealth with a 25k burst a player goes back to spawn regardless of skill level. Downed state makes those glassy power builds have to consider an actual risk factor rather than just going HAM. Its a risk vs reward playstyle after all. Removing the risk just furthers this already rediculous meta.

I can relate to this frustration although I suspect 25k out of stealth would have to be on like full zerk light armor as I think I usually get hit for about 7-8k on my high armored heavy but whatever.

Yes I agree that some of the spike damage would ultimately need to be toned down to compensate for the removal of downed state.

my version of the downed state nerf would be:

remove the invuln going into downstate and getting up from it

downed players start with 33% hp

downed players can receive boons as well as condis and retain them when revived

reduce the total amount of players that can rally from a single person or change the requirements

reduce the total amount of possible ressers

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

> >

> > Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

> >

> > Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

> >

> > Im out

>

> Well, do you have the links? Quick google search and looking at the first hits, a Reddit poll was in favor of keeping downed state (47 to 38 with the remaining undecided) and a forum thread had a 55 to 45 split also in favor of keeping downed state.

Yeah...

Considering downed state favors those who outnumber their enemies, its not really surprising that they would have the more numerous votes in favor of keeping it.

It would be like holding a vote, for nerfing a class, in its own subforum.

I'm a pretty casual wvw player lately. Usually just roaming around capping random points or walking some dolyaks. Recently I joined a zerg to capture a keep and the thought going through my head was that downed state made this fight feel kind of dumb.

I'm looking at the field and several allies are downed near several enemies. One ally dies and like 5 enemies are standing up which made me feel like :/ . Seem it happen the other way too which was still :/ .

At some point I go down and start throwing dirt at an enemy, checked the combat logs and found I do more damage while downed and throwing dirt than standing and using an auto attack. Felt weird.

And of course getting downed when surrounded by a bunch of enemies always feels dumb since I'm going to die and I can't possibly hurt the group, just get this over with already and let me wp back.

So my starting suggestion (after reading thread) to change downed state in WvW would be as follows:

* No rally from an enemy you hit dying - instead, instantly refresh bandage skill

* Downed penalty does not decrease until out of combat

* Take a look into balancing downed skills

* Reviving heals for less on downed players when in combat just like reviving on dead players

* Add a 5th downed skill to detonate the supplies you're carrying, killing yourself and creating a small explosion like Mistlock Instability: Last Laugh (3 second channel just like finishers)

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > > > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

> > >

> > > Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

> > >

> > > Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

> > >

> > > Im out

> >

> > Well, do you have the links? Quick google search and looking at the first hits, a Reddit poll was in favor of keeping downed state (47 to 38 with the remaining undecided) and a forum thread had a 55 to 45 split also in favor of keeping downed state.

>

> Yeah...

> Considering downed state favors those who outnumber their enemies, its not really surprising that they would have the more numerous votes in favor of keeping it.

>

> It would be like holding a vote, for nerfing a class, in its own subforum.

So what we have here is a claim that the vocal majority was in favor of no downed state, yet the polls done showed they where in favor of downed state, but those that are in favor of downed state are representing too many players despite the fact that they are in practice the vocal minority compared to the GW2 playerbase and the same people that are claimed to be the vocal majority in favor of no downed state.

Right...

No, it's not like holding a vote for nerfing a class in it's own subforum. It's like holding a vote in the WvW forum and not liking the result so we should ignore it.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > > > > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

> > > >

> > > > Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

> > > >

> > > > Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

> > > >

> > > > Im out

> > >

> > > Well, do you have the links? Quick google search and looking at the first hits, a Reddit poll was in favor of keeping downed state (47 to 38 with the remaining undecided) and a forum thread had a 55 to 45 split also in favor of keeping downed state.

> >

> > Yeah...

> > Considering downed state favors those who outnumber their enemies, its not really surprising that they would have the more numerous votes in favor of keeping it.

> >

> > It would be like holding a vote, for nerfing a class, in its own subforum.

>

> So what we have here is a claim that the vocal majority was in favor of no downed state, yet the polls done showed they where in favor of downed state, but those that are in favor of downed state are representing too many players despite the fact that they are in practice the vocal minority compared to the GW2 playerbase and the same people that are claimed to be the vocal majority in favor of no downed state.

>

> Right...

>

> No, it's not like holding a vote for nerfing a class in it's own subforum. It's like holding a vote in the WvW forum and not liking the result so we should ignore it.

Yes it is exactly like how I compared it...

The poll on no-downed state was stupid because it would never pass due to the sheer numbers of people who depend heavily on it.

It would be like allowing your kids (3 fat and 1 fit) ice cream after breakfast for the last 5 years and then taking a vote on discontinuing it going forward. Of course that one kid is going to get outvoted by the other 3. The answer isn't to have a vote, its to not feed your kids ice cream after breakfast lol...

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > I just love how people just assume stuff about other people.

> > > > > > Just remember that for every person that thinks No Downstate is a good idea there is an equal amount that doesn't agree.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pot calling the kettle black in that last full sentence. Assuming you know everyone to make that assumption that the WvWers are 50/50 on no downstate. Based on the many reddit and gw2 forum threads due to that week, the vocal majority leans towards the fact no down state week was enjoyed. Whether or not the majority I speak of is the majority of active WvW'ers or if they represent the actual majority of WvW'ers, however without actually knowing this, your assumption cannot be made.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just wanted to point out the contradiction on your comment. Thats all

> > > > >

> > > > > Im out

> > > >

> > > > Well, do you have the links? Quick google search and looking at the first hits, a Reddit poll was in favor of keeping downed state (47 to 38 with the remaining undecided) and a forum thread had a 55 to 45 split also in favor of keeping downed state.

> > >

> > > Yeah...

> > > Considering downed state favors those who outnumber their enemies, its not really surprising that they would have the more numerous votes in favor of keeping it.

> > >

> > > It would be like holding a vote, for nerfing a class, in its own subforum.

> >

> > So what we have here is a claim that the vocal majority was in favor of no downed state, yet the polls done showed they where in favor of downed state, but those that are in favor of downed state are representing too many players despite the fact that they are in practice the vocal minority compared to the GW2 playerbase and the same people that are claimed to be the vocal majority in favor of no downed state.

> >

> > Right...

> >

> > No, it's not like holding a vote for nerfing a class in it's own subforum. It's like holding a vote in the WvW forum and not liking the result so we should ignore it.

>

> Yes it is exactly like how I compared it...

> The poll on no-downed state was stupid because it would never pass due to the sheer numbers of people who depend heavily on it.

>

> It would be like allowing your kids (3 fat and 1 fit) ice cream after breakfast for the last 5 years and then taking a vote on discontinuing it going forward. Of course that one kid is going to get outvoted by the other 3. The answer isn't to have a vote, its to not feed your kids ice cream after breakfast lol...

And this would be like not allowing your kids to eat ice cream after breakfast and then after 7 years say kitten it, we're not eating breakfast anymore.