What's this? New armor design without butt capes?

TheBravery.9615

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > @"Lambent.6375" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Lambent.6375" said:

> > > > First pic appears to have a buttcape.

> > >

> > > No?

> >

> > Yes.

>

> It doesn't have a buttcape...

It appears to. I'm not sure because I would need to see a pic from behind, but that tunic appears to extend past the butt, which would make it a butt cape imo.

(The pic on the left)

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > I'm just wondering at what stage of development are these upgradeable armors shown in the screenshots above? I assume they are made in tiers, and I'm hoping this is not the final tier, since the medium helm looks like something you start the game with, and all of the armors look very basic/generic. If they upgrade 2-3 times and the completed result is what is show above I will be disappointed.

> >

> > TLDR : I hope the screenshots are of the base model armor not the final tier.

>

> I hope the final models don't become as overdesigned as most armor in this game. I know my hope is vain, but still...

You could always transmute the final armor to the earlier stages.

I hope there will be more details on the armor as you upgrade; like the patterns on heavy carapace armor.

As long as theres no butt capes / trench coats /wings or energy tentacles I'll be happy.

> @"Lambent.6375" said:

> > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > @"Lambent.6375" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Lambent.6375" said:

> > > > > First pic appears to have a buttcape.

> > > >

> > > > No?

> > >

> > > Yes.

> >

> > It doesn't have a buttcape...

>

> It appears to. I'm not sure because I would need to see a pic from behind, but that tunic appears to extend past the butt, which would make it a butt cape imo.

>

> (The pic on the left)

Thats a pretty small butt...

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> I'm just wondering at what stage of development are these upgradeable armors shown in the screenshots above? I assume they are made in tiers, and I'm hoping this is not the final tier, since the medium helm looks like something you start the game with, and all of the armors look very basic/generic. If they upgrade 2-3 times and the completed result is what is show above I will be disappointed.

>

> TLDR : I hope the screenshots are of the base model armor not the final tier.

If those were the final tier, we would have to start naked lol

> @"Briareos.1865" said:

> > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > I'm just wondering at what stage of development are these upgradeable armors shown in the screenshots above? I assume they are made in tiers, and I'm hoping this is not the final tier, since the medium helm looks like something you start the game with, and all of the armors look very basic/generic. If they upgrade 2-3 times and the completed result is what is show above I will be disappointed.

> > >

> > > TLDR : I hope the screenshots are of the base model armor not the final tier.

> >

> > I hope the final models don't become as overdesigned as most armor in this game. I know my hope is vain, but still...

>

> You could always transmute the final armor to the earlier stages.

> I hope there will be more details on the armor as you upgrade; like the patterns on heavy carapace armor.

> As long as theres no butt capes / trench coats /wings or energy tentacles I'll be happy.

I don't have problem with having better details. MORE details tend to become a super convoluted ornament orgy, that's my problem.

And frankly, I would like to see final tiers that look more simple and well made, not just overdesigned. There are already many quality overdesigned alternatives to choose from. Most simple options available are not quality tiers.

> @"Castigator.3470" said:

> > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > That wasn't so hard was it? Keep practicing at designing armor without leg drapes and you guys will achieve something beautiful ;)

>

> Is that human in the upper right image going around with a gap in the thigh area? Is that mouse suicidal? It is giving the world free access to its femoral artery.

You can clearly see on the left leg that it go up to the hip just some cloth covering on the right leg.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> You can clearly see on the left leg that it go up to the hip just some cloth covering on the right leg.

Are you talking about the human in plate armor? The one with the hammer?

There's a gap between the solid leg plate and the lower layer of that plate armor, which has a yellowish colour and looks like lamellar armour, or chainmail. The gap is located between waist and both thighs, leaving the groin area and the femural arteries open for attack. I mean, sure, the buttcape is gone, but this gap would be covered by chainmail, a plate, or even the infamous codpiece.

> @"Castigator.3470" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > You can clearly see on the left leg that it go up to the hip just some cloth covering on the right leg.

>

> Are you talking about the human in plate armor? The one with the hammer?

> There's a gap between the solid leg plate and the lower layer of that plate armor, which has a yellowish colour and looks like lamellar armour, or chainmail. The gap is located between waist and both thighs, leaving the groin area and the femural arteries open for attack. I mean, sure, the buttcape is gone, but this gap would be covered by chainmail, a plate, or even the infamous codpiece.

Yea Im talking about that you got the same material protecting the heart/lungs so would think its another layer of armor and not abled to be slashed/pierced through.

*takes stick, beats deceased horse* I would throw money at an actual set of battle mage robes... Creator Jadi and her people in the Darklands wears a nice one. Floor length, full skirted, jewelled, badass, battle robes. Just sayin.... BUT, if these armors are any indication of what is to come, I can hope. that someday my robes will be a reality.