Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"killermanjaro.5670" said:

> > Just seen a person on the LFG with a group of "selling Kung fu tea codes for gold", saw a few different people joining it as well over the time I was playing. Surely stuff like that isn't allowed?

>

> Something like that would probably be seen as LFG abuse. So, I'd report them if I saw such a listing.

I did exactly that, but wasn't too sure if that was the best way to report it so I took a screenshot of it just incase there was a better way of sending more info to anet.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"killermanjaro.5670" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"killermanjaro.5670" said:

> > > Just seen a person on the LFG with a group of "selling Kung fu tea codes for gold", saw a few different people joining it as well over the time I was playing. Surely stuff like that isn't allowed?

> >

> > Something like that would probably be seen as LFG abuse. So, I'd report them if I saw such a listing.

>

> I did exactly that, but wasn't too sure if that was the best way to report it so I took a screenshot of it just incase there was a better way of sending more info to anet.

You could create a support ticket with the information and attach a link to the screenshot (or attach the file itself to the ticket after you've submitted it).

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"killermanjaro.5670" said:

> > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > @"killermanjaro.5670" said:

> > > > Just seen a person on the LFG with a group of "selling Kung fu tea codes for gold", saw a few different people joining it as well over the time I was playing. Surely stuff like that isn't allowed?

> > >

> > > Something like that would probably be seen as LFG abuse. So, I'd report them if I saw such a listing.

> >

> > I did exactly that, but wasn't too sure if that was the best way to report it so I took a screenshot of it just incase there was a better way of sending more info to anet.

>

> You could create a support ticket with the information and attach a link to the screenshot (or attach the file itself to the ticket after you've submitted it).

That's not a bad idea, I might do that. Though I've currently still got a support ticket for an in game issue I'm still waiting on from last week, so I might wait till they've responded/helped with that first to save any confusion. Then I'll do a separate one.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey folks,

Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

Is there any way Gaile, that ANET will allow players to obtain the Dragon Emblemed Outfit in game?

I really don't want to provide my information to a website that has been hacked or shut down by hacking/botting.

I could care less about the heroic edition or boosters, but sincerely just want the Dragon Emblemed outfit. Any information on what ANeT plans to do would be great.

The downloadable content was intended to be available for everyone world wide. Now King Fu Tea completely shut down the promotion altogether. To address the international gamers, you really should offer this outfit ingame somehow. Thanks!

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Hey folks,

>

> Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

That doesn't answer the issue regarding EU players now being omitted from the promo even though they were ok to participate originally, and have linked their social media info .. this leaves a distinctly bad smell imo.

It also does not answer why ANET originally prom'ed it to the point of translated launchers for this and then pulled it without notice ..

> Hey folks,

>

> Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

Still seem to be they holding firm on it being only usa promotion tho.

> Hey folks,

>

Can you provide your player base any advice as to reporting this GDPR Breach, and also gambling Breach : this is taken from the gambling commision:

2 The distinction between lotteries, prize competitions and

free draws

2.1 The Act defines two types of lottery: a simple lottery and a complex lottery.

A simple lottery is where:

• persons are required to pay to participate

• one or more prizes are allocated to the participants in the scheme

• prizes are allocated wholly by chance.

I read your paid prizes at the cost of a drink, classed as a lottery!

- You have children playing GW2

> Hey folks,

>

There has been some posts on the Guild Wars 2 subreddit about social media accounts linked to the Kung Fu Tea app being hacked.

I'd like to have the promo outfit and have my friend be able to upgrade his account to the heroic edition, but not at the expense of having our social media accounts compromised.

Dear Gaile,

we'd like to know what is ANet's stand on KFT turning the promo (outfit, heroic edition) from global to US only?

Is ANet planning to do anything about it? If ANet also meant this promo for only US players, are they plan to give a similar promo to non-US players?

Thanks.

> Hey folks,

>

So still nothing about people outside the U.S? Still nothing about YOU guys simply giving people the codes instead of trusting another random company with sketchy apps? Still absolutely nothing besides damage control "they're working on it" as if the blame was solely on them?

> Hey folks,

>

Here's the entire message:

> Thank you for your patience and your enthusiasm around the Kung Fu Tea x Guild Wars 2 promotion. We’re working hard to resolve the issues which caused us to pause the campaign. We’ll have an update for you next week. In the meantime, we appreciate your continued understanding.

Obviously, people have questions beyond, "when will the promotion start working again" which won't be answered any sooner.

> @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > @"Wolfb.7025" said:

> > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > I read your paid prizes at the cost of a drink, classed as a lottery!

> > > - You have children playing GW2

> >

> > And how does this affects Christmas?

>

> Is this a attempt at a joke?

>

It's about as appropriate as you asking for Anet to provide you with steps on how to proceed with a GDPR and gambling filing against a company with which it has business dealings, specifically ones related to the issues you'd like addressed. Non-defamation, indemnity, and other clauses exist for a reason.

If you are concerned, then this would be a moment of self-empowerment. Research the steps that are needed, and proceed with them; the information necessary is out there.

> Hey folks,

>

I just finished reading their post and the comments section, and KFT is still saying ''as stated in our campaign rules, it's a US based promotion'', and we all know that it's not true because it was never stated that it had any limitation outside the US, in fact, they had another separate promo on which it was necessary to live in a country where they have stores to do the requirements (and they have in US only as far as I know)... that's the only one that can be considered limited to US, not the free codes of the Heroic Edition or the Dragon Emblem Shirt. The truth is that they changed the terms of the free codes promo days after having problems with the app and consider these to be now the real terms, instead of the initial ones that started all of this cuz ''it was a mistake''.

Besides, even Anet translated the languaje of the text in the promotion for international GW2 players to know about this promo and take part on it to get their free codes... there's no way for this to be a coincidence or a mistake, neither that ''it was intended to be an US only promotion'' as KFT says.

> @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > Hey folks,

> >

> > Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

>

> So still nothing about people outside the U.S? Still nothing about YOU guys simply giving people the codes instead of trusting another random company with sketchy apps? Still absolutely nothing besides damage control "they're working on it" as if the blame was solely on them?

You really do not know how cross promotions work do you?

> Hey folks,

>

That's it?

What about the fact that they changed the promotion from worldwide to US only? Does Anet has NOTHING to say about it?

Comon, you can inform us better than that Gaile.

Too bad I cannot give your message : Helpful : -1  Thumbs Up : -1

> @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > Hey folks,

> >

> > Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

>

> That's it?

>

> What about the fact that they changed the promotion from worldwide to US only? Does Anet has NOTHING to say about it?

>

> Comon, you can inform us better than that Gaile.

>

> Too bad I cannot give your message : Helpful : -1  Thumbs Up : -1

>

>

What do you expect her to say?

We do not know the exact details but generally these promotions are company A will drive traffic to company B and company B will drive traffic to company A. A few more wrinkles but that is the bare bones of cross-platform promotion. Assuming that anet did what they agreed to then their half is done, they drove traffic to the app. At which point it is kft that needs to do something because they did not drive people to gw2. Anet's concern is probably twofold at this point:

1) Getting their benefit from the cross-platform deal.

2) NOT losing existing customers, which kft's actions risk doing.

Most likely this involves multiple lawyers for both companies (and possibly any related ones, like levelup). Until the lawyers come to a conclusion we will not hear anything. It would have been in kit's best interest to say something before this weekend but I fail to see how this could be anet's issue to fix.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:I fail to see how this could be anet's issue to fix.

1 - Anet decided that this promotion was to be worldwide from the start

2 - KFT changed the term of the promotion to US only

3 - Anet are certainly aware of this change. Either they are agreeing to the change or they are not

4 - Anet is voluntarily keeping their non-US player base in the dark as to why it was done and if they agree to the change or not.