Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> Finally got it to accept that I had an account linked to it - the instagram one I made just for this (all my other accounts I got locked out of). No rewards though.

Same here, finally got it to link to my instagram account last night as I did not trust it with my facebook info. It only wanted to show the drink reward though so hopefully the GW2 rewards will be there tonight.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> We're only 4 days into a 30-day promotion. It's not good that this has happened but there's plenty of time for them to put it right and for everyone to claim the rewards before the promotion is due to end, and they could always extend it if necessary.

>

> If we get to the last week of September and the app is still not working and people still can't claim the codes then yes, maybe look at other ways of doing it (although given a lot of people will have it by then I'd suggest putting it in the gem store for 0 gems rather than mailing out an item a lot of people will just have to delete).

So? It's just a big mess. People are even trying to sell the codes. Many have duplicates. People have been allegedly banned.

The way for them to look best right now, and devalue any codes being sold, whilst keeping the disgruntled population happy, is just to gift us the outfit if we login by September 30th.

> @"Agua.1607" said:

> > @"Kodiak.4213" said:

> > I'll take an outfit code if anyone has extras. I still can't get the app to work for me, :pensive:

>

> I can't pm you, I hate the "new" forums. How can I send it to you?

You should be able to click my name to visit my profie, then on the right, opposite my name should say message. If you still cant find it, i can hit u up in game after 3pm central

> @"Shadowzerk.4715" said:

> This promotion has ended before it started.

> we are from Europe, working in Asia......

DLC available to everyone.

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY FOR DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT.

You’ll get to unlock Guild Wars 2 in-game content (Downloadable Content, DLC) just by downloading the Kung Fu Tea app and connecting your Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter account.

DLC prizes include a dragon-themed character outfit (see left image) and Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition. The Heroic Edition is an exclusive expansion upon the Guild Wars 2 game, offering a unique set of armor, an 18-slot inventory box, and 10 experience boosters to jump-start players’ adventures in the world of Tyria.

> @"Agua.1607" said:

> > @"Kodiak.4213" said:

> > I'll take an outfit code if anyone has extras. I still can't get the app to work for me, :pensive:

>

> I can't pm you, I hate the "new" forums. How can I send it to you?

You might have to have reached 2 star rank on the forum before you can send a PM. I can't remember though. You probably just need a few more posts to reach 2 stars. I think the requirement is at least a week since first forum use and 5 comments for that.

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > > a promotion only for NA?

> > >

> > > wow, why does that feel like many other games where NA players drown in good stuff, while the rest of the world and especially EU is told to #?*$ themselves?

> > >

> > > really anet? Really?

> >

> > As has been said already, EU players can participate in the code giveaway for the outfit and Heroic edition. The only part they (and anyone else not living near a Kung Fu Tea location) cannot take part in is the sweepstakes for the deluxe editions of PoF/HoT.

>

> and that is a good thing?

>

> Pro tip: it isn't.

>

> well, I made a throwaway twitter account, my facebook account has been locked down, and I will never send a copy of my passport to FB, but.. do I really want that company access even a throwaway account?

>

> I doubt that.

>

> Maybe, just maybe, anet should rethink their decision to go down a route that screams 'NA only, screw the rest of the world'. I mean, they constantly doing it during events, where they only care about NA. So nothing new there. But still.

You should check the Kung Fu Tea website really. Even in the US their shops arent as widespread as you believe.

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> The thing that I find strange in all this is why anyone seems to thing ANet needs to be fixing this. This issue isn't ANet's fault. This isn't ANet's app. This is Kung Fu Teas kitten app. They're the ones screwing this whole thing up.

It's as much ANets faults as it is KFTs fault. ...and that people expect that ANet makes some clear statements is reasonable since there are people being banned by using these keys. The statements thus far on reddit aren't very clear about the subject.

> @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> So I have connected via Twitter, and I can see "some" rewards listed:

> - win free drink $5 and guild wars 2 deluxe edition

> - earn $1 when you share on instagram

> - earn $1 when you shard on twitter

> - earn $1 when you shard on facebook

>

> Where is the heroic and dragon shirt (free gw2 stuff) reward?

Currently disabled. I guess that's the only reason you were able to connect via anything in the first place. The rewards have been disabled, so the flood of new connections has subsided.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > Finally got it to accept that I had an account linked to it - the instagram one I made just for this (all my other accounts I got locked out of). No rewards though.

>

> Once I got my accounts linked I had to keep refreshing the rewards page to get them to show up. But that was yesterday and some people have been saying it's disabled today. I haven't had time to check so I'm not sure, but if there's no rewards at all you definitely need to keep refreshing it until they show up.

Yeah, so far today, the reward for the outfit doesn't show up. :/

> @"Girlyvader.9078" said:

> > @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > lolz. I'm more curious about the drink than the promotion, but I live in a distant place, ... in the photo it looks delicious. itome kind of _Frappé coffee_?

> >

> No, it is 'tea' in the same manner that a ultra-blonde coffee is 'coffee'. In other words, 1/3rd tea, 2/3rd milk, and then 2 *tablespoons* of sugar. Then they add tapioca balls, also called boba, which coined the name 'boba tea'. Shortly after the social media 'promoters' got interested someone twisted the name to 'bubble' tea and it stuck.

tapioca? ugh, can not imagine it mixed with anything, it is basically cassava flour.

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > @"Girlyvader.9078" said:

> > > @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > > lolz. I'm more curious about the drink than the promotion, but I live in a distant place, ... in the photo it looks delicious. itome kind of _Frappé coffee_?

> > >

> > No, it is 'tea' in the same manner that a ultra-blonde coffee is 'coffee'. In other words, 1/3rd tea, 2/3rd milk, and then 2 *tablespoons* of sugar. Then they add tapioca balls, also called boba, which coined the name 'boba tea'. Shortly after the social media 'promoters' got interested someone twisted the name to 'bubble' tea and it stuck.

>

> tapioca? ugh, can not imagine it mixed with anything, it is basically cassava flour.

>

The tapioca in boba/bubble tea is just the big tapioca pearls, not the powder or mixed into the drink itself. They just sit on the bottom of the drink. I try to avoid them when I get bubble tea.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> The tapioca in boba/bubble tea is just the big tapioca pearls, not the powder or mixed into the drink itself. They just sit on the bottom of the drink. I try to avoid them when I get bubble tea.

i was also curios why americans call it Tapioca too, like here in Brazil..... i have did little research and discovery that portuguese explores is who have bring it to asia 400yrs ago. its seems now asians have bring it to america.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Do be aware: You only have to visit a store if you want to enter the drawing for a Deluxe bundle of the game. The Outfit and Heroic Edition bundle is available online with social media.

Yeah but, try and get the shirt. It has been days and I have not got the code. Kung Fu Tea had no clue how to do this and it is just making your players upset.

Come on Anet, just accept this promotion was a fail and give us the shirts.

> @"juhani.5361" said:

> Downloaded the Android app, logged in with Facebook, was told I had "Social Rewards." So I headed there, and the app crashed. Tried to link Facebook and got, "Something went wrong." Tried again and got a chain of crashes. Finally got the app to stabilize, then tried again. "Something," as always, "went wrong." Again.

>

> Was wondering why the Play store rating was so low :p Does the iOS app work any better?

You have that wrong Juhani

It is not Play Store it is Kung Fu Tea. They have no clue what is going on or how to code an app. If you read their blog they have a list of excuses.

this promotion is the worst. Anet should just give the tee shirts and move on.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> i already have the dragon outfit but the heroic pack allows me to choose the last of the three armor skins, but alas, US exclusive yet again.

~~Again the free outfit and Heroic code are not US exclusive. You need to install the app and link it to a social network profile for those, if and when it works again. It appears it isn't working at all right now so check back later to see if they get it fixed. ~~

~~The US exclusive is for the sweepstakes for Deluxe game codes, requires a purchase of the beverage, and posting it on social media for a chance to win a code.~~ A lot of the time sweepstakes like these are limited to certain regions due to laws in other countries that make it difficult for the company to offer them on a global scale.

On a side note, it appears if your game was already upgraded to Heroic at some point either through original purchase when it was offered for sale or from the time the beta test people got automatically upgraded to the Heroic SKU all you will get for the code is 4000 favor.

Edit: It appears there was some confusion with how the promotion was communicated and both promotions were actually intended for US residents only.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> (Unfortunately @"Hevoskuuri.3891" didn't include the words "Kung Fu Tea" or "Giveaway" or "Promotion" in the title, so it's easy to overlook.)

Yeah, sorry about that.

My app bugged out and I also received multiple codes, like some other people did. I was going to give them away to players who wanted the items, but sadly the codes are now all gone from my mailbox. I should have taken screenshots, it breaks my heart seeing all these sad players :(

I hope Arenanet compensates by giving everyone who didn't get codes the outfit for free.

I hit up Kung Fu Tea while visiting family, and they had banners/signage posted for just about everything except a Guild Wars 2 themed tea. And then it turned out to be a drink that was already on their menu, just with a different name.

I haven't tried getting any of the in game rewards, but as far as the tea goes this promo feels a little hollow.