Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Wakthor Thorwak.2819" said:

> i got my reward to show up but not the 1 i wanted (the outfit) :/

Unless they've changed it both codes are in the same message. The Heroic Edition code is right at the top of the section marked Body, then there's a long block of text explaining what that code does, then the Dragon Outfit code right at the bottom.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Wakthor Thorwak.2819" said:

> > i got my reward to show up but not the 1 i wanted (the outfit) :/

>

> Unless they've changed it both codes are in the same message. The Heroic Edition code is right at the top of the section marked Body, then there's a long block of text explaining what that code does, then the Dragon Outfit code right at the bottom.

I think they might be referring to the fact that the "drink + hastag = drawing entry for something else" reward shows up in the list, but the other reward, where you get the "codes for the outfit and heroic edition", no longer does.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"Wakthor Thorwak.2819" said:

> > > i got my reward to show up but not the 1 i wanted (the outfit) :/

> >

> > Unless they've changed it both codes are in the same message. The Heroic Edition code is right at the top of the section marked Body, then there's a long block of text explaining what that code does, then the Dragon Outfit code right at the bottom.

>

> I think they might be referring to the fact that the "drink + hastag = drawing entry for something else" reward shows up in the list, but the other reward, where you get the "codes for the outfit and heroic edition", no longer does.

As noted, that part of the promotion has been paused due to excessive abuse. Kung Fu Tea stated there will be an update in a few days.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Jenstone.6891" said:

> > > I am not sure what bubble tea is

> >

> > It's disgusting. Just don't.

> >

>

> Now I need to try it. /Challenge Accepted

You'll most likely be very disappointed. I know I was after trying it because of the hype several years ago. (Then again, some people seem to love it or it wouldn't still be around. Maybe I just picked the wrong flavor... twice. ;) )

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> So the app finally works and u can see the rewards. Unfortunately no shirt code. Was there a limited amount of codes or is the app that bad.

What can you see?

When I got it there were just 2 GW2 rewards listed on the Social Rewards tab - one for the Deluxe Edition where you had to take a picture of a drink and one for both of the in-game items together.

Clicking the second one eventually, after several attempts, gave me a message in the Profile section with both codes in the same message, the Heroic Edition code at the top of the message body and the Dragon t-shirt code near the bottom.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > So the app finally works and u can see the rewards. Unfortunately no shirt code. Was there a limited amount of codes or is the app that bad.

>

> What can you see?

>

> When I got it there were just 2 GW2 rewards listed on the Social Rewards tab - one for the Deluxe Edition where you had to take a picture of a drink and one for both of the in-game items together.

>

> Clicking the second one eventually, after several attempts, gave me a message in the Profile section with both codes in the same message, the Heroic Edition code at the top of the message body and the Dragon t-shirt code near the bottom.

There's only one option related to gw2 in the rewards, which is the one where you take a photo of your drink and submit it. There is no second related gw2 button. At all.

I've been checking periodically, but so far I haven't seen a second gw2 related reward.

**Another update** It seems the app promotion for the free outfit code and the Heroic edition code was intended only for US residents after all. It seems Kung Fu Tea updated their page. Here is the Google cached version from Sep 3. Arrows added to point out the difference:

![](https://i.imgur.com/YOvXLdS.jpg "")

And here is their current webpage.

![](https://i.imgur.com/8ST5D4b.jpg "")

And this from Reddit for what it is worth. Appears to be an image captured of a message between a customer and KFT.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9cyt2n/the_dlc_codes_campaign_has_been_paused/e5efqt0/

Edited: Original image I posted didn't show the Google cache date portion of the screenshot, so replaced it with the appropriate screenshot.

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> **Another update** It seems the app promotion for the free outfit code and the Heroic edition code was intended only for US residents after all. It seems Kung Fu Tea updated their page. Here is the Google cached version from Sep 3. Arrows added to point out the difference:

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/WdWLQDu.jpg "")

>

> And here is their current webpage.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/8ST5D4b.jpg "")

>

> And this from Reddit for what it is worth. Appears to be an image captured of a message between a customer and KFT.

>

> https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9cyt2n/the_dlc_codes_campaign_has_been_paused/e5efqt0/

I'm speechless. Way to **completely** alienate their non-us players.

Wow. What a fubar situation. Epic fail.

I can't even find that page on the site, but the one I can find has been edited to say:

*Sweepstakes and APP PROMOTION limited to US CUSTOMERS only.

*Sweepstakes begins September 1st 2018 12:00AM EST and ends September 30th, 2018 11:00 PM EST.

*MUST REDEEM DLC CODES BY 10/31/2018

*1 set of DLC limited to 1 app user.

*Purchase of Elder Dragon Dreamy Delight a.k.a. Cocoa Cream Wow required for entry into sweepstakes.

*No purchase necessary for Downloadable Content.

@JustTrogdor.7892 HAHAHAHA wow. At least I can uninstall this shit fest called "app" now.

What a move. Changing the terms midway through the promotion. And it is REALLY unfair that NA players get a shot at the outfit, while the rest of the world does not (as always...).

And ArenaNet should really open their mouth regarding this one. They even PROMOTED it inside the launcher (at least for EU residents, even in f*** german!). Don't tell me "it has always been that way"!

Yeah... This is all a bit of a farce to be honest. Only came for the outfit (since I bought Heroic Edition way back in the day when it was on for $10), but I might as well go uninstall the app and unlink the social media accounts now that KFT has gone and done this mid-promotion change to US-only.

It's weird. The free DLC promotion was quite clearly promoted through the launcher worldwide, and in multiple languages to boot, but now the "free" DLC is restricted to US residents? There's a lot of GW2 players that aren't in the US, so this is a bit unfair on the rest of us. Hopefully ANet will come up with an alternative method of acquisition for the outfit.

This is pretty sad. Very bad promotion. For me this is last straw when it comes to supporting GW2 with money, not like they need my 3rd world EU Schmeckles anyway I guess.

I'm not mainly angry about it being US only, if it was said from beggining. Yeah, i would still be very disapointed but could understand that.

I'm angry because it wasn't said from the beggining and some people from EU already got and redeemed tens of codes, while others could not get a single one but now rest of us are getting explicitly excluded.

Heh...that's an "interesting" development.

I wonder if it was actually intended to be US-only and they somehow missed the fact that it was available worldwide, or if this is a last minute change to try and combat the botters. Either way it's not a good move, but it's even worse if it's the second one. There's going to be a lot of disappointed people when this gets out. I see the promotion has been removed from the launcher, but even so the news is out there and until just now the information was that this was available to everyone.

Well anet maybe you should upgrade everyone to heroic edition and send out the outfit in personal message? (your main consumers the usa people can just delete extra outift if they already got it)

I mean I was going to use the heroic upgrade for my ftp account created years ago to keep my personal bank guilds safe, but Im ok with getting my main account upgraded since I wasent part of the heart of thorns beta accidental upgrade years ago.

Its true that the important people will get a added 4k infulence scroll but nothing we can do about that since sending out another will just add more to the already affected parties.

Edit

If you want a tip on what company to have a promoition with maybe try Ikea arent they in most of the world? Im sure they can make a gw2 soft ice cream promotion if you ask nicely.

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> **Another update** It seems the app promotion for the free outfit code and the Heroic edition code was intended only for US residents after all. It seems Kung Fu Tea updated their page. Here is the Google cached version from Sep 3. Arrows added to point out the difference:

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/YOvXLdS.jpg "")

>

> And here is their current webpage.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/8ST5D4b.jpg "")

>

> And this from Reddit for what it is worth. Appears to be an image captured of a message between a customer and KFT.

>

> https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9cyt2n/the_dlc_codes_campaign_has_been_paused/e5efqt0/

Lol, I was expecting them to rent some amazon-servers to deal with the high traffic, find a way to filter out the bots and put out the fire. Instead they're happily fanning the flames now! I hope they've sufficiently prepared themselves for the shitstorm that's coming now. At least they should've prepared themselves better than they did for the promotion.

> @"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:

> Gail, can I please get a confirmation if an Australian player can get the tee shirt outfit from this promotion? Not angry, just would like to know if I should keep checking the app or give up on this?

"sweepstakes and app promotion are limited to customers in the U.S."

That's an *easy* no.