> > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > @"Edgy McEdgelord.4790" said:

> > > > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > > > > > Can I ask a differant question:

> > > > > > > > > What about all the EU data collected ie, names/ numbers/ location/ facebook id, twitter id, instagram id... If all of EU and Oceania are not allowed to enter, then can Kungfu tea guarantee that all the wrongly collected data is 100% destroyed?

> > > > > > > > > - We gave our data under false pretences!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This is why I don't have my personal info on any social media account, I have accounts under false names with a false D.O.B, location, you name it. Doesn't matter what site you put it on, eventually it'll make it's way around, linked or unlinked.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Hell, I'd be shocked if any major data collecting agency out there didn't even have my real name by now.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But when you go on sites apps, you tick to agree.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > We where signing up for a reward that WAS advertised to all the world, to be then told actually it is not!!

> > > > > > > by that time imagine how much data clocked up over the 3 days?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's 3 days of access to an account with **false information**. Even if I did agree to them having access to my facebook, I don't keep any real information on there, or even on my phone itself.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're missing the point of putting the false information on the account in the first place.

> > > > >

> > > > > On the contrary, many people do not and they just got scammed by this shady company and ANet (who seemingly have no effs to give about this, hence the total silence).

> > > >

> > > > And that's to their own detriment. It doesn't take long to set up a burner account, and it's common knowledge that these companies do scummy things to datamine where their grubby hands shouldn't be.

> > > >

> > > > The point being here if they valued their information so much they should have already taken the precautions to protect it. Yes, what KFT did was terrible, but if the choice was made to link a real account to the app then that's their own fault.

> > >

> > > No the choice was made in return for a dragon shirt! risk reward and all that!

> >

> > You knew they'd get the data on your linked account regardless of whether you received the reward or not. If you're as adamant as you seem about protecting your information, you should have already taken the simplest of precautions to do that previously, and wouldn't have easily given it away, novelty or no.

>

> You have not answered the question, but just repeated yourself.

Because you're obviously missing the point.

You're asking out of spite, to try and attack my character, which I won't respond to :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > > @"Edgy McEdgelord.4790" said:

> > > > > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Can I ask a differant question:

> > > > > > > > > > What about all the EU data collected ie, names/ numbers/ location/ facebook id, twitter id, instagram id... If all of EU and Oceania are not allowed to enter, then can Kungfu tea guarantee that all the wrongly collected data is 100% destroyed?

> > > > > > > > > > - We gave our data under false pretences!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > This is why I don't have my personal info on any social media account, I have accounts under false names with a false D.O.B, location, you name it. Doesn't matter what site you put it on, eventually it'll make it's way around, linked or unlinked.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Hell, I'd be shocked if any major data collecting agency out there didn't even have my real name by now.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But when you go on sites apps, you tick to agree.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > We where signing up for a reward that WAS advertised to all the world, to be then told actually it is not!!

> > > > > > > > by that time imagine how much data clocked up over the 3 days?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's 3 days of access to an account with **false information**. Even if I did agree to them having access to my facebook, I don't keep any real information on there, or even on my phone itself.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're missing the point of putting the false information on the account in the first place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > On the contrary, many people do not and they just got scammed by this shady company and ANet (who seemingly have no effs to give about this, hence the total silence).

> > > > >

> > > > > And that's to their own detriment. It doesn't take long to set up a burner account, and it's common knowledge that these companies do scummy things to datamine where their grubby hands shouldn't be.

> > > > >

> > > > > The point being here if they valued their information so much they should have already taken the precautions to protect it. Yes, what KFT did was terrible, but if the choice was made to link a real account to the app then that's their own fault.

> > > >

> > > > No the choice was made in return for a dragon shirt! risk reward and all that!

> > >

> > > You knew they'd get the data on your linked account regardless of whether you received the reward or not. If you're as adamant as you seem about protecting your information, you should have already taken the simplest of precautions to do that previously, and wouldn't have easily given it away, novelty or no.

> >

> > You have not answered the question, but just repeated yourself.

>

> Because you're obviously missing the point.

>

> You're asking out of spite, to try and attack my character, which I won't respond to :)

Oh behave!

It doesn't matter if you make a fake or new account, with made up names... do you understand how data mining works?

so with your fake account they can see your:

IP address

your isp

your location

your pc specs, and hardware

your mobile provider

your mobile number

your mobile model

Im sure they can see alot more

Then add this data goes into database, and maybe previously you name has been linked to to isp, they then build up bits of data to collect enough to sell usually, it could be sold to marketing or to hackers, anyone can buy data.

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > I thought so from the start, because it makes zero sense to give away free stuff to people who will never be able to become your paying customers. ;)

> > > Well, giving away free stuff (in case of the outfit: Which you can't even buy on the gemstore and thus would not generate income anyway, so why not just hand it to them?

> >

> > I was talking about customers visiting their stores and buying _their_ products, not GW related stuff. 'Cause that's the whole point of doing such cross-promotional stuff: luring potential future customers into their stores.

> >

> > > surely wouldn't hurt as much as angering and perhaps losing lots of non-US players does.

> >

> > KFT <> ANet

> >

> There are two partners in this promotion, having different interests.

>

> Just because an aspect of the promotion isn't helpful to one of them, it can be to the other party. It may make zero sense to give away stuff to people who will never be paying KFT customers, but the stuff that's being given away isn't theirs, it's ArenaNet's. And it makes zero sense for ArenaNet to aggravate over half their community by excluding them.

Well... It makes a LOT of sense to give away stuff to ppl who will never be paying KFT. You know how search algorithms works? One part of being highly positioned (in search engine) is visitors count. By looking info on their page, looking for KFT info in google (or yahoo or whatever) you generate traffic that helps them spread information about their existence to the rest of the world. They have better reach to potential clients that way. Also, besides this passive way of helping KFT, by being participant in promo, where you are given nice stuff for free - you may want to tell other ppl about it. It may be someone from other game than gw2 that you are plaing with. Maybe that person is living in USA and have a chance to go to some small brand of tea shops called KFT to check if, besides some nice promotions, they have nice merchandise. Second situation shows, that you can generate immediate profit for KFT brand, even without living in USA. Also, to participate in this... thing... you had to link your social media account, meaning, they got your data. Other way around - now it is known, that some gamer XYZ is interested in KFT... Well, to be correct, a lot of gamers are now interested in KFT xD That means, that it may be appropriate to show KFT advertisement to other ppl, that have similar interests. And those other ppl may be from USA! Also - doing promotion worldwide may be a way to spread awarness about your brand, check what markets (country) could be potential place to locate your shop in the future. Sth like this would help the expansion of your brand to other places than USA (USA population is equivalent to 4.28% of the total world population so that means that outside there are a tones of kitten potetntial clients).

That's why the move, that KFT made (suddenly limiting promotion only to US players) is soooo bad. They became greedy and short sighted and focused on immediate gain instead of using this chance to gain positive response. Because now a number of people, that were discriminated based on place of birth, will do bad PR for them. Leave negative comment, rate their social media fanpages and apps (in a not so positive light I belive). As, I belive (because I'm not from USA), KFT is some small brand of tea shops that resides in US, they decided to rely on social media to be close with their customers and to have them (customers) advertise their merchandise by sharing pics and hashtags on their "walls". Kinda, making a cult of a brand (and you have example of succesfull one, with "this fruit" in their logo xD). Social medias are a good weapon in our world, but you need to know how to wield it properly, so you won't hurt yourself using it.

> @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > > > @"Edgy McEdgelord.4790" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Can I ask a differant question:

> > > > > > > > > > > What about all the EU data collected ie, names/ numbers/ location/ facebook id, twitter id, instagram id... If all of EU and Oceania are not allowed to enter, then can Kungfu tea guarantee that all the wrongly collected data is 100% destroyed?

> > > > > > > > > > > - We gave our data under false pretences!

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > This is why I don't have my personal info on any social media account, I have accounts under false names with a false D.O.B, location, you name it. Doesn't matter what site you put it on, eventually it'll make it's way around, linked or unlinked.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Hell, I'd be shocked if any major data collecting agency out there didn't even have my real name by now.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But when you go on sites apps, you tick to agree.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > We where signing up for a reward that WAS advertised to all the world, to be then told actually it is not!!

> > > > > > > > > by that time imagine how much data clocked up over the 3 days?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That's 3 days of access to an account with **false information**. Even if I did agree to them having access to my facebook, I don't keep any real information on there, or even on my phone itself.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You're missing the point of putting the false information on the account in the first place.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > On the contrary, many people do not and they just got scammed by this shady company and ANet (who seemingly have no effs to give about this, hence the total silence).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And that's to their own detriment. It doesn't take long to set up a burner account, and it's common knowledge that these companies do scummy things to datamine where their grubby hands shouldn't be.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The point being here if they valued their information so much they should have already taken the precautions to protect it. Yes, what KFT did was terrible, but if the choice was made to link a real account to the app then that's their own fault.

> > > > >

> > > > > No the choice was made in return for a dragon shirt! risk reward and all that!

> > > >

> > > > You knew they'd get the data on your linked account regardless of whether you received the reward or not. If you're as adamant as you seem about protecting your information, you should have already taken the simplest of precautions to do that previously, and wouldn't have easily given it away, novelty or no.

> > >

> > > You have not answered the question, but just repeated yourself.

> >

> > Because you're obviously missing the point.

> >

> > You're asking out of spite, to try and attack my character, which I won't respond to :)

>

> Oh behave!

> It doesn't matter if you make a fake or new account, with made up names... do you understand how data mining works?

> so with your fake account they can see your:

> IP address

> your isp

> your location

> your pc specs, and hardware

> your mobile provider

> your mobile number

> your mobile model

>

> Im sure they can see alot more

> Then add this data goes into database, and maybe previously you name has been linked to to isp, they then build up bits of data to collect enough to sell usually, it could be sold to marketing or to hackers, anyone can buy data.

>

Reddit was saying they where looking at you bluetooth

Guys... ^^ in a world where we use smartphones (mostly from Androids or iPhones) where ppl use social media like Facebook, Google+ etc... you are afraid that a new "baddie" got your data... Thats cute, but don't worry, your data is already in the internet ;)

I used to say some time ago as i had to register on an internet platform - "what else do you want to know...? you want my soul? well... there is nothing to get anymore, google has it already. they got it the day i bought my smartphone."

> @"Chay.7852" said:

> Guys... ^^ in a world where we use smartphones (mostly from Androids or iPhones) where ppl use social media like Facebook, Google+ etc... you are afraid that a new "baddie" got your data... Thats cute, but don't worry, your data is already in the internet ;)

>

> I used to say some time ago as i had to register on an internet platform - "what else do you want to know...? you want my soul? well... there is nothing to get anymore, google has it already. they got it the day i bought my smartphone."

>

The question is not there, as far as I'm concerned, all I want is the EU community also benefit from the outfit from this promotional codes

> @"Ythamios.8593" said:

> > @"Chay.7852" said:

> > Guys... ^^ in a world where we use smartphones (mostly from Androids or iPhones) where ppl use social media like Facebook, Google+ etc... you are afraid that a new "baddie" got your data... Thats cute, but don't worry, your data is already in the internet ;)

> >

> > I used to say some time ago as i had to register on an internet platform - "what else do you want to know...? you want my soul? well... there is nothing to get anymore, google has it already. they got it the day i bought my smartphone."

> >

>

> The question is not there, as far as I'm concerned, all I want is the EU community also benefit from the outfit from this promotional codes

I want that outfit too but lets wait and see what ANet will tell us later, shall we? :)

> @"Chay.7852" said:

> > @"Ythamios.8593" said:

> > > @"Chay.7852" said:

> > > Guys... ^^ in a world where we use smartphones (mostly from Androids or iPhones) where ppl use social media like Facebook, Google+ etc... you are afraid that a new "baddie" got your data... Thats cute, but don't worry, your data is already in the internet ;)

> > >

> > > I used to say some time ago as i had to register on an internet platform - "what else do you want to know...? you want my soul? well... there is nothing to get anymore, google has it already. they got it the day i bought my smartphone."

> > >

> >

> > The question is not there, as far as I'm concerned, all I want is the EU community also benefit from the outfit from this promotional codes

>

> I want that outfit too but lets wait and see what ANet will tell us later, shall we? :)

Yep i hope they do the right thing ;)

> @"DijitalKiD.2154" said:

> SO, as someone in the US with the social media linked, I am still completely unable to receive the in game items.

> Is this just me?

Nope, I finally got my FB account linked after days of attempts. But now the app crashes every single time I try to open up the social rewards panel. I don't even know if the codes are there or not.

> @"Ythamios.8593" said:

> There is a real information now about this from Arena Net, after this epic fail, they now remove the promotion from the EU laucher also. It could be great that you give us a real information about was is going on.

>

> Regards

>

I just hope they removed it only until they clarify the situation with KFT... because we all saw that promo on the launcher translated in English, Spanish, French and German.

Today I finally made it work while I was at work, I got connected and had an icon of GW2 in rewards waiting for me to pick up after I get back home. I got back home and GW2 is gone from rewards. Pretty disappointing showing by ANet who team up with total noobs. Promotion is a cool idea but you only made yourself look worse because of it unfortunately.

Right, so have I been wasting my time trying to log in to that KFT App for the last few days? I've spent several hours trying, and yesterday got as far as linking my Instagram account, but I've got no further. I'm in Europe (UK) and now I believe we've been informed that we can't get anything anyway.

This is in my view thoroughly bad practice, by both sides, and will result in bad PR for both sides as well - word about things like this gets around fast.

I am both saddened and very disappointed by this so-called' promotion'. I hope ANet learn from this.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53840/questions-regarding-the-heroic-edition-and-bannable-offenses

Answers the following:

* If I get a promotion code for the Heroic Edition, is it okay to use it on a newly-created F2P alt account? (tl;dr: it's okay, yes)

* If, like some players, I get multiple codes, does it count as promotion abuse if I only use one code for myself and gift away the rest? (tl;dr answer cloudy; try again later)

* If I buy an expansion for an alt account or accounts, is it okay to transfer log-in or whatever gains from those accounts to my main one? (tl;dr yes, of course)

Finally managed to get my twitter linked and now I see the promotion for the outfit is gone. Fantastic. Great job guys! You really nailed this one. Yeah I'm miffed. I give my data and get NOTHING in return. You sold us all out. Even worse for EU/AUS players who also signed up for this complete with translated advertisements in their launchers only to be told later that they are not a part of this.

> @"Plautze.6290" said:

> Now I wonder why ANet has not partnered up with a big player instead of a company selling their product in a whooping 4 countries...?

> Were Starbucks and McD not interested? Has me thinking...

KFT is somewhat near ArenaNet, so maybe they buy their tea and decided to throw them some advertising. As for bigger brands, they don't need the advertising themselves and are going to be expensive and have bigger requirements to set up a deal. Maybe ArenaNet just wanted bubble tea so they could call it Elder Dragon ... Bubble(s).

The big mistake was the heroic edition. Obviously that was going to be heavily exploited and only put extreme stress on KFT's online services. If it was just the shirt, it probably wouldn't have had many problems. If they just had to give the heroic edition out for whatever reason, they should have made it an in-game promotion, where any free account would be upgraded for doing whatever the requirement was, like completing the personal story; something to encourage them to actually play the game for more than an hour. The t-shirt could have also simply been on the gem store, then all of the burden would have been on ArenaNet, while KFT only had to advertise the promotion.

Just wanted to add, the US only restriction is very short sighted. You see in 2018 people can take a plane and visit other countries for vacations or permanent expatriation.

This promotion was simply an ad and a way to present the company and someone may use their services if they ever visit a country where they are located. With this kind of mistake it just doesn’t give a good image tbh, no matter the quality of the products.