Next steps for Novelties - Portal Scrolls, Miniatures, and Infusion Effects

Lonami.2987

**Last update here:** [November 6, 2018](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/734832/#Comment_734832)

As you know (and if you don't, well, surprise!), multiple toy-like gizmos were adapted for the wardrobe recently, into the new [Novelty system](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Novelty). However, some of them didn't make it into the first round, tonics between them.

In this thread, I look at how the remaining toys could be adapted, give racial skills a new spin, and talk about the potential of future toys.

---

#A new foundation

First of all, I think the current categorization could use some changes, specially to streamline compatibilities among each other. These would be the 6 new categories, some of them including subcategories inside for further sorting:

* **Fashion:** Divided between **Chairs** and **Travel**. Chairs sit you in place, and travel includes [everything movement](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Travel) previously inside the toys category, with possible boosts to movement speed. Can't be used where mounts aren't allowed.

* **Festive:** New name for Held items (kites, balloons, etc). Cosmetic only, with no additional functions. They can be used together with fashion (chairs and travel), tonics (costume and combat), and mounts.

* **Miniatures:** They stop having their own tab, and are moved into the novelties system.

* **Music:** Divided between **Musical Instruments** and **Music Boxes**. Instruments must be played manually, while boxes have prerecorded songs inside. They can be used together with chairs and combat tonics.

* **Tonics:** Adapted into the novelties system. Divided between **Costume Tonics** and **Combat Tonics**. The first can't be used in combat, while the second can. Consumables are not included inside the system, and would still occupy inventory space.

* **Toys:** Divided between **Personal Toys** and **Party Toys**. Personal ones are handheld toys with various functions. Party ones are placed in the ground, and can be used by everyone.

Every category has a "randomize" option, based on the subcategory. For example, you can randomize your chair, so every time you summon it, a random one appears. You can turn on and off the options you want to be included inside the randomization.

Some minor changes:

* The missing [music boxes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Music_box) are now part of the novelties system, under the music box section.

* The missing [costume brawl toys](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Costume_brawl_toy) are now part of the novelties system, under the personal toys section.

* [How to Dance, Volume 1](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/How_to_Dance,_Volume_1) is now a party toy, placed in the ground. Players interact with it to start dancing.

* [Zephyr Sanctum Model](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zephyr_Sanctum_Model) now unlocks [Aspect skills](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aspect#Aspect_skills) when interacted with.

* [box o' Fun](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Box_o%27_Fun) and [super Adventure Box o' Fun](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Adventure_Box_o%27_Fun) now have permanent options available, which can be transferred into the novelties system, under the party toys section.

---

#Racial skills reimagined

Much like other games, in GW2 each race has its own unique [racial skills](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Racial_skill). However, these have always been a mess. ArenaNet did not want your race to affect your combat efficiency, and thus, these skills have become all but useless. Revenants don't even have them available.

Removing them would be the best solution, but some of them represent key aspects of the lore, specially the norn transformations. Novelties give us a new opportunity to do them justice, by transforming the racial skills and biography options into different types of racial toys.

* **Asura:** Party toy. Portable [RC Golem](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/RC_Golem) chess game.

* **Charr:** Party toy. Portable [Cattlepult](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cattlepult), lets players fire themselves, with an effect similar to that of [Launch Pads](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Launch_Pad).

* **Human:** Musical instrument. Harp based on the Six Gods, with tunes inspired by the [sirens of Orr](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siren_of_Orr).

* **Norn:** Combat tonic. Transforms you into one of the four major Spirits of the Wild, inspired by [norn racial elite skills](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_norn_racial_skills).

* **Sylvari:** Festive. Flower Kite, changes depending on the time of the day (dawn, noon, dusk, and night).

These would give each race its own unique flavor, without letting it affect combat in any meaningful way. They would be unlocked by doing race-specific collections, encouraging players to try other races if they haven't yet. For example, the norn would have to visit various shrines to unlock their tonic.

---

#A bright future

Novelties have a huge potential, and I'm not sure if even the development team realizes it. Dumb toys give players the opportunity to organize their own activities, letting them chill out and have fun whenever and wherever they want, socializing and strengthening the bonds with the game and its community. Here's some new novelty ideas:

* Travel Skateboards and Surfboards, with their own mount-like physics.

* Miniature of your own player character.

* Music Boxes for each region, containing their respective soundtrack.

* Combat Tonics for all the unique model enemies who use the core combat animations, like the remaining Awakened, the Forged, the Mordrem, Icebrood Sons of Svanir, Flame Legion shamans, Ascalonian Ghosts effects, and others.

* Party Toy [Fireworks Launcher](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fireworks_Launcher), [Oakheart's Essence](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Oakheart%27s_Essence_\(gizmo\)), [Pile of Snowballs](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pile_of_Snowballs), and more.

* Party Toys to emulate various child games, like ball, hide and seek, etc.

And that's just a few of them, without getting too much into details. As you see, the possibilities are endless.

---

I love that novelties have finally happened, and I hope this is but a first step for a bigger system where more and more novelties are added, each with new and exciting features, letting the community build their own way to play the game when they just want to try something different without logging out.

Thanks for reading!

> @"Okami Amaterasu.9237" said:

> I like a lot of the ideas in here and most of them are really cool, but I'm not sure about all of them, I think?

>

> I don't necessarily think that all the categories of items need any redoing or anything really. Making miniatures a novelty section seems kind of unnecessary, don't you think? I do like the idea of a "random" section for when you pull something out (assuming you even have enough items in that novelty section to make it interesting to do so (I don't even have the base wood chair yet :s )), but if more of every novelty is going to keep coming out, then the use of a random-novelty for each section (random kite, random chair, etc.) sounds pretty cool. :)

>

> I don't think that certain players should have exclusive access to certain toys just based on the race they chose. I mean, even the difference between a flower kite for Sylvari and a launching-catapult for Charr is Huge. It might encourage people to try out a certain race, but some players Only like one race and would like what the other ones have. If you completed the collection on a race and then the toy was available to All of your characters, that might be different but then I don't see exactly why you'd have to be Forced to get an empty character slot and create a character you're going to delete soon afterwards anyway (unless you're used to the whole BL Key farm I suppose).

>

> I'd like one of those Forged surfboards the Forged Forerunners use when circling you in combat. That board skin looks awesome and it'd fit well with the Forged glider skin theme as well. A miniature of your player character is a definite Yes. I'd like to see more combat tonics overall too, not just of the remaining model animations that haven't been made yet, but an Awakened mummy one or even a Risen/Unchained one would be neat (if there isn't a Risen one already? Aren't they the same animation anyway?)

>

> Ah well, didn't comment on everything, but that'd be a bore to read. XD I like a lot of the suggestions here, I just hope that they'll be available to everyone and not race-dependent, more specifically character-dependent (the toys don't unlock for any of your other characters). That's all. :)

I never said those new novelties would be usable by those races only. You do need to play a race to obtain them, but afterwards, why wouldn't you be able to use it with the other characters? Almost everything is accountbound in this game, and unlike armor, which can get different skins depending on race or gender, novelties are unique, a single version with no variations.

Also, don't be shy, I don't mind reading walls of text lol.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> Why would miniatures be moved into the novelty tab? There are over 600 miniatures, if anything the miniature tab needs to be split into more categories, because it is already insanely hard to pick the right one

So you can turn the mini on and off whenever you want? Instead of having to manually turn it on after every time you come near way too much people.

And yeah, miniatures need better filters, searching just by name is pretty lackluster.

Disagree about the Racial skills honestly as someone who RPS having those removed and replaced with a "Cattlepult" would be freaking awful, id rather see a slot added just for racial skills on the bar(1 skill), just above the elite skill or to the left of the skill bar and you could slot whatever racial skill in open world PVE only, not for Raids, Fractals, PVP, or WvW that way it still doesnt matter what class you bring, but it would allow those skills to be used as an extra skill.

Unless your idea would turn every single racial skill in the game currently into an equivalent version of a novelty.

All the categories are great the way they are, the only thing needed is a fifth slot for tonics and a better looking and functionnal novelty button. Would really like to see the RC chess golem returning, but it's too late. Forgot about it. I don't see Anet re-introducing them, the same for the racial skills like catapult etc... would require a ton of work with nothing in return whereas ressources can be used for living world.

One box o' fun, several chairs, a musician, keg and banners are sufficient. I like my elites, should stay as fighting skills, nothing more or less.

Maybe, minis should be arranged in categories in hero panel, but not added in novelty. Now about the last paragraph, I would not stand any toy or novelty emulating h and seek and so on... it's guild wars not roblox or mc or anything else.... you can perfectly do one with /whispers. Why not music boxes....

Don't get me wrong, overall, I like your ideas, but imo, the half aren't required to enhance the quality of the game, and it would require a ton of time to develop all that... Hoverboard are promising through...

What I want to be added, and it can be a kind of novelty is disguises. They turn yourself into your favourite foe, allow you to use your usual weapons skills and turn pacifist all the enemies similar to you (just like in bitterfrost with svanir armor parts).

> @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > @"Okami Amaterasu.9237" said:

> > I like a lot of the ideas in here and most of them are really cool, but I'm not sure about all of them, I think?

> >

> > I don't necessarily think that all the categories of items need any redoing or anything really. Making miniatures a novelty section seems kind of unnecessary, don't you think? I do like the idea of a "random" section for when you pull something out (assuming you even have enough items in that novelty section to make it interesting to do so (I don't even have the base wood chair yet :s )), but if more of every novelty is going to keep coming out, then the use of a random-novelty for each section (random kite, random chair, etc.) sounds pretty cool. :)

> >

> > I don't think that certain players should have exclusive access to certain toys just based on the race they chose. I mean, even the difference between a flower kite for Sylvari and a launching-catapult for Charr is Huge. It might encourage people to try out a certain race, but some players Only like one race and would like what the other ones have. If you completed the collection on a race and then the toy was available to All of your characters, that might be different but then I don't see exactly why you'd have to be Forced to get an empty character slot and create a character you're going to delete soon afterwards anyway (unless you're used to the whole BL Key farm I suppose).

> >

> > I'd like one of those Forged surfboards the Forged Forerunners use when circling you in combat. That board skin looks awesome and it'd fit well with the Forged glider skin theme as well. A miniature of your player character is a definite Yes. I'd like to see more combat tonics overall too, not just of the remaining model animations that haven't been made yet, but an Awakened mummy one or even a Risen/Unchained one would be neat (if there isn't a Risen one already? Aren't they the same animation anyway?)

> >

> > Ah well, didn't comment on everything, but that'd be a bore to read. XD I like a lot of the suggestions here, I just hope that they'll be available to everyone and not race-dependent, more specifically character-dependent (the toys don't unlock for any of your other characters). That's all. :)

>

> I never said those new novelties would be usable by those races only. You do need to play a race to obtain them, but afterwards, why wouldn't you be able to use it with the other characters? Almost everything is accountbound in this game, and unlike armor, which can get different skins depending on race or gender, novelties are unique, a single version with no variations.

>

> Also, don't be shy, I don't mind reading walls of text lol.

>

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > Why would miniatures be moved into the novelty tab? There are over 600 miniatures, if anything the miniature tab needs to be split into more categories, because it is already insanely hard to pick the right one

>

> So you can turn the mini on and off whenever you want? Instead of having to manually turn it on after every time you come near way too much people.

>

> And yeah, miniatures need better filters, searching just by name is pretty lackluster.

I don't have to manually turn my mini-pets back on after they are culled from too many characters on the map. I'm not sure why that happens to you.

The devs already said that they are adding tonics to the novelty wardrobe. They had planned to do it with the original release, but didn't realize how many it would take and how much effort it needed.

Regarding:

* Miniatures: there's already a wardrobe for this. The only thing missing is a toggle key. (Separately, they can offer a randomization option without trying to integrate it into the Novelties.)

* Chairs vs Travel: chairs already have their own novelty shortcut. Gizmos have another. They'd have to overhaul both to make that work. I don't see it happening and, well, I don't see the advantage that makes it worth prioritizing it over other changes.

* Festive: ok, call it a new name. We can already use these with other things.

Most of the rest of the distinctions are imposing the OP's personal preferences on a system that isn't really set up for it. Some of them are redundant with existing features, some a bit better than what we have now, and some are, in my opinion, less or more awkward than what we have already.

tl;dr If ANet had released the OP's system instead, I doubt I'd favor the one we have; OP's has some good stuff, definitely. But... it's not enough better or more useful or more interesting that I think it would be worth the immense effort to make it work, given the systems we already have.

> @"Lonami.2987" said:

> * **Tonics:** Adapted into the novelties system. Divided between **Costume Tonics** and **Combat Tonics**.

No, normal combat tonics (those who are allowed in PvP) should be turned into outfits, not novelties. Turning them into novelties would be a huge waste of potential.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> Disagree about the Racial skills honestly as someone who RPS having those removed and replaced with a "Cattlepult" would be freaking awful, id rather see a slot added just for racial skills on the bar(1 skill), just above the elite skill or to the left of the skill bar and you could slot whatever racial skill in open world PVE only, not for Raids, Fractals, PVP, or WvW that way it still doesnt matter what class you bring, but it would allow those skills to be used as an extra skill.

>

> Unless your idea would turn every single racial skill in the game currently into an equivalent version of a novelty.

That could work too, but there's way too many, and most of them are useless to be fair.

Also, the important ones could always make it into elite specializations. An engineer golemancer elite specialization could cover asura racial skills, and a botanist ranger elite specialization could cover sylvari racial skills.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Id rather have racials be unlockable to all races through their own mastery lines. It would introduce incentive to play each race's maps and would also not be lore unfriendly.

Mastery skills would be a far better solution, but it would take much more work too.

Ideally, Central Tyria should be updated with masteries similar to those of HoT, but looking at PoF masteries, I'd say that ship has sailed long ago. The original Metroidvania purpose seems to be no more.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> > @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > * **Tonics:** Adapted into the novelties system. Divided between **Costume Tonics** and **Combat Tonics**.

> No, normal combat tonics (those who are allowed in PvP) should be turned into outfits, not novelties. Turning them into novelties would be a huge waste of potential.

Most combat tonics don't have animations for stuff like mount riding, so they need to stay as tonics.

> @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > > * **Tonics:** Adapted into the novelties system. Divided between **Costume Tonics** and **Combat Tonics**.

> > No, normal combat tonics (those who are allowed in PvP) should be turned into outfits, not novelties. Turning them into novelties would be a huge waste of potential.

>

> Most combat tonics don't have animations for stuff like mount riding, so they need to stay as tonics.

Most combat tonics are based on standard character models (the Olmakhan Tonic turns you into a reskinned Charr, the Fury Combat Tonic turns you into a norn, the list goes on), there is no need for those items to stay as tonics. Those that just add a glow to the character like these hylek potions can be turned into novelties for all I care.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Lonami.2987" said:

> #A new foundation

>

> First of all, I think the current categorization could use some changes, specially to streamline compatibilities among each other. These would be the 6 new categories, some of them including subcategories inside for further sorting:

>

> * **Fashion:** Divided between **Chairs** and **Travel**. Chairs sit you in place, and travel includes [everything movement](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Travel) previously inside the toys category, with possible boosts to movement speed. Can't be used where mounts aren't allowed.

> * **Festive:** New name for Held items (kites, balloons, etc). Cosmetic only, with no additional functions. They can be used together with fashion (chairs and travel), tonics (costume and combat), and mounts.

> * **Miniatures:** They stop having their own tab, and are moved into the novelties system.

> * **Music:** Divided between **Musical Instruments** and **Music Boxes**. Instruments must be played manually, while boxes have prerecorded songs inside. They can be used together with chairs and combat tonics.

> * **Tonics:** Adapted into the novelties system. Divided between **Costume Tonics** and **Combat Tonics**. The first can't be used in combat, while the second can. Consumables are not included inside the system, and would still occupy inventory space.

> * **Toys:** Divided between **Personal Toys** and **Party Toys**. Personal ones are handheld toys with various functions. Party ones are placed in the ground, and can be used by everyone.

>

> Every category has a "randomize" option, based on the subcategory. For example, you can randomize your chair, so every time you summon it, a random one appears. You can turn on and off the options you want to be included inside the randomization.

>

> Some minor changes:

>

> * The missing [music boxes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Music_box) are now part of the novelties system, under the music box section.

> * The missing [costume brawl toys](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Costume_brawl_toy) are now part of the novelties system, under the personal toys section.

> * [How to Dance, Volume 1](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/How_to_Dance,_Volume_1) is now a party toy, placed in the ground. Players interact with it to start dancing.

> * [Zephyr Sanctum Model](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zephyr_Sanctum_Model) now unlocks [Aspect skills](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aspect#Aspect_skills) when interacted with.

> * [box o' Fun](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Box_o%27_Fun) and [super Adventure Box o' Fun](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Adventure_Box_o%27_Fun) now have permanent options available, which can be transferred into the novelties system, under the party toys section.

Few changes to the proposal after the changes of last patch, where some effect tonics were added into the toys section:

* **Relax:** Divided between **Chairs** and **Travel**.

* **Fashion:** Divided between **Fashion Items** and **Fashion Effects**. Items cover kites and balloons, effects cover non-transforming tonics and (potentially) infusion effects, which can be stacked (up to a limit).

* **Miniatures:** No division. Can be randomized after deployment, letting you rotate minis without manually selecting them.

* **Music:** Divided between **Musical Instruments** and **Music Boxes**.

* **Toys:** Divided between **Personal Toys** and **Party Toys**.

* **Tonics:** Divided between **Costume Tonics** and **Combat Tonics**.

All novelties could use advanced filters (specially minis), but I have no solid ideas so far.

• 1 month later...

> @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > #A new foundation

> >

> > First of all, I think the current categorization could use some changes, specially to streamline compatibilities among each other. These would be the 6 new categories, some of them including subcategories inside for further sorting:

> >

> > * **Fashion:** Divided between **Chairs** and **Travel**. Chairs sit you in place, and travel includes [everything movement](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Travel) previously inside the toys category, with possible boosts to movement speed. Can't be used where mounts aren't allowed.

> > * **Festive:** New name for Held items (kites, balloons, etc). Cosmetic only, with no additional functions. They can be used together with fashion (chairs and travel), tonics (costume and combat), and mounts.

> > * **Miniatures:** They stop having their own tab, and are moved into the novelties system.

> > * **Music:** Divided between **Musical Instruments** and **Music Boxes**. Instruments must be played manually, while boxes have prerecorded songs inside. They can be used together with chairs and combat tonics.

> > * **Tonics:** Adapted into the novelties system. Divided between **Costume Tonics** and **Combat Tonics**. The first can't be used in combat, while the second can. Consumables are not included inside the system, and would still occupy inventory space.

> > * **Toys:** Divided between **Personal Toys** and **Party Toys**. Personal ones are handheld toys with various functions. Party ones are placed in the ground, and can be used by everyone.

> >

> > Every category has a "randomize" option, based on the subcategory. For example, you can randomize your chair, so every time you summon it, a random one appears. You can turn on and off the options you want to be included inside the randomization.

> >

> > Some minor changes:

> >

> > * The missing [music boxes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Music_box) are now part of the novelties system, under the music box section.

> > * The missing [costume brawl toys](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Costume_brawl_toy) are now part of the novelties system, under the personal toys section.

> > * [How to Dance, Volume 1](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/How_to_Dance,_Volume_1) is now a party toy, placed in the ground. Players interact with it to start dancing.

> > * [Zephyr Sanctum Model](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zephyr_Sanctum_Model) now unlocks [Aspect skills](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aspect#Aspect_skills) when interacted with.

> > * [box o' Fun](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Box_o%27_Fun) and [super Adventure Box o' Fun](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Adventure_Box_o%27_Fun) now have permanent options available, which can be transferred into the novelties system, under the party toys section.

>

> Few changes to the proposal after the changes of last patch, where some effect tonics were added into the toys section:

>

> * **Relax:** Divided between **Chairs** and **Travel**.

> * **Fashion:** Divided between **Fashion Items** and **Fashion Effects**. Items cover kites and balloons, effects cover non-transforming tonics and (potentially) infusion effects, which can be stacked (up to a limit).

> * **Miniatures:** No division. Can be randomized after deployment, letting you rotate minis without manually selecting them.

> * **Music:** Divided between **Musical Instruments** and **Music Boxes**.

> * **Toys:** Divided between **Personal Toys** and **Party Toys**.

> * **Tonics:** Divided between **Costume Tonics** and **Combat Tonics**.

>

> All novelties could use advanced filters (specially minis), but I have no solid ideas so far.

Yet another take, with six categories once again:

* **Artifacts:** Divided between **Lore Books**, **Portal Scrolls**, and **Gizmos**.

* **Miniatures:** No division.

* **Music:** Divided between [**Musical Instruments**](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Musical_instrument) and [**Music Boxes**](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Music_box).

* **Relaxation:** Divided between [**Chairs**](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chair) and [**Travel**](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Travel).

* **Tonics:** Divided between **Fashion Tonics**, **Brawl Tonics** and **Combat Tonics**.

* **Toys:** Divided between **Fashion Toys**, **Brawl Toys** and **Party Toys**.

Few additional functions for the six categories above:

* Like mounts, each novelty has a customizable hotkey option, so you can use them without manually switching each time.

* You can favorite multiple novelties in each category, rotating between them with each activation. For example, if you favorite five miniatures, one would be picked randomly every time you activate your miniature novelty.

* **Lore Books** cover collectable literature, including ingame guides and tips for specific collection achievements.

* **Portal Scrolls** cover both [Gem Store Passes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lounge) and [Portal Scrolls](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Portal_Scroll). Living World portal scrolls can't be stored in the novelties wardrobe until their respective portal tome has already been stored.

* **Gizmos** cover rare gadgets, like the [Rift Stabilizer](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Class_I_Rift_Stabilizer), [White Mantle Portal Device](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/White_Mantle_Portal_Device), [birthday Blaster](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Birthday_Blaster), and [Prototype Position Rewinder](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Position_Rewinder).

* [unlockable home instance cats](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hungry_cat_scavenger_hunt) are now unlocked as miniatures as well.

* Players using **Music Boxes** can now place them in the ground.

* **Fashion Tonics** cover aesthetic-only tonics, **Brawl Tonics** cover costume brawl tonics, and **Combat Tonics** cover tonics usable in combat. Some combat tonics might disable and replace the user's weapon skills while transformed.

* **Fashion Toys** cover kites and balloons, **Brawl Toys** cover personal costume brawl toys, and **Party Toys** cover toys placed in the ground that anyone can use.

* All your unlocked novelties would be openly available inside your home instance, free to use and interact with for any visitors. Miniatures would walk around (like cats do now), and everything else would be available as bundles from various containers.

New novelty additions:

* The missing [music boxes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Music_box) are now part of the novelties system, under the music box section.

* [Magic Carpet](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Carpet) has been divided in two different travel toys, one with the guild logo, and one without it.

* Racial skills have been removed. [Norn transformations](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_norn_racial_skills#Elite) and the [asura power suit](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Summon_Power_Suit) have been adapted into combat tonics.

* [boxing Gloves](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boxing_Gloves) are now part of the novelties system, under the brawl toys section, and no longer include an outfit, going back to the original version.

* [How to Dance, Volume 1](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/How_to_Dance,_Volume_1) is now a party toy, placed in the ground, randomly using either the [male](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Male_Norn_Holo-Dancer) or [female norn holo-dancer](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Female_Norn_Holo-Dancer) model. Players interact with it to start dancing.

* [Zephyr Sanctum Model](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zephyr_Sanctum_Model) now unlocks [Aspect skills](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aspect#Aspect_skills) when interacted with. Only usable where mounts are allowed.

* [box o' Fun](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Box_o%27_Fun) and [super Adventure Box o' Fun](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Adventure_Box_o%27_Fun) now have permanent options available, which can be transferred into the novelties system, under the party toys section.

* [Oakheart's Essence](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Oakheart%27s_Essence_(gizmo)) has a portable version now, under the party toys section. Only usable where mounts are allowed.

* [RC Golem](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/RC_Golem) has a portable version now, under the party toys section.

Finally, **Infusion effects** can now be stored in the wardrobe. To store an existing infusion's effect, you must destroy it first, permanently losing the infusion item. Only enchantments and infusions with +9 agony or more can be transmuted. Toys such as [selfless Potion](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Selfless_Potion) and [Ellen Kiel Representation Button](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ellen_Kiel_Representation_Button_(rare)) are considered infusion skins now. A new vendor would let you purchase back the toys if you already stored them before this change, in case you don't want to use them through the infusion system. Wardrobe skins such as [Nightfury](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nightfury_Skin) or [Winter's Presence](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winter%27s_Presence_Skin) and miscellaneous items like [Mystic Chromatic Ooze](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Chromatic_Ooze) are considered infusion skins now as well.

Scrapped ideas:

* Adapting various combat bundles and kits into gizmos, like [Koda's Flame](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Koda's_Flame) or [Charrzookas](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charrzooka).

* Adapting ally-summoning items into gizmos, like permanent versions of [Fire Elemental Powder](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fire_Elemental_Powder) and [sunspear Paragon Support](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sunspear_Paragon_Support).

* Adapting multi-profession slot skills into gizmos, like [Mistfire Wolf](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistfire_Wolf) and [Antitoxin Spray](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Antitoxin_Spray).

* Adapting [Converters](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Converter) and [Permanent Contracts](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Permanent_Black_Lion_Merchant_Contract) into the novelties system in some way.

Bonus - Potential Gem Store ideas:

* **Palawa Joko Combat Tonic:** Turns you into the famous lich, additionally replacing your character's voice lines with those of Palawa Joko himself.

* **Mini-Me Miniature:** A small clone of your own character, able to imitate your combat animations.

* **Makeshift Race Party Toy:** Allows you to set up checkpoints in the open world, letting you organize your own races.

* **Foefire Infusion:** Gives your character the same ghostly effect used by the Ascalonian Ghosts, with no further model changes.

* **Forged Skateboard Travel Relaxation:** Includes mount-like physics.

I'd like to see Birthday Blaster added to Novelties. As for myself, all my characters that have had the birthday blaster, I've finally just gone ahead recently and deleted them all because 1) They don't always reward you with the bonuses when you walk through the cakes that come out of the blaster (so why bother using an item that doesn't actually work?), and 2) the birthday blaster is just wasting a precious inventory space on each of my characters.

I suggested a revamp of the racial skills into a new cultural skills system awhile back. I like your idea of a endless tonic to turn into the norn spirits. The transform skills on the norn have to long of a recharge time for decent use; they should be more like some of the engineer kits where you can pop in and out of that form staying in as long as you want.

I would like to see more combat tonics that have specific combat capabilities; like a melee tonic for race specific hand to hand combat. Norn gets brawler skills; charr gets claw, pounce, tail swipe skills; human gets a martial arts style skillset; sylvari gets plant skills like barb slash, vine whip, poison barbs, etc; asura gets skills like digger claw slash, inertial bounce, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> I suggested a revamp of the racial skills into a new cultural skills system awhile back. I like your idea of a endless tonic to turn into the norn spirits. The transform skills on the norn have to long of a recharge time for decent use; they should be more like some of the engineer kits where you can pop in and out of that form staying in as long as you want.

>

> I would like to see more combat tonics that have specific combat capabilities; like a melee tonic for race specific hand to hand combat. Norn gets brawler skills; charr gets claw, pounce, tail swipe skills; human gets a martial arts style skillset; sylvari gets plant skills like barb slash, vine whip, poison barbs, etc; asura gets skills like digger claw slash, inertial bounce, etc.

That sounds more like a bundle, like the boxing gloves, but for real combat instead. Almost like engineer kits.

I wonder if we could even take the kits idea further, and make them the central part of a future expansion's mastery system. Something like engineer kits, but available for everyone as novelty combat bundles. Look no further than the flamethrower, it's available as a bundle in multiple places. What if we took the engineer's flamethrower, and made it a novelty available for every profession, with the same skills?

Anyway, I was hoping to get [fists as a new weapon type](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/1074/new-weapon-types-study-fists-polearms-relics-spears-and-more) some day.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> Seems like alot of unnecessary changes to me for very little gain.

>

> A key combination for hide unhide miniature would be enough.

>

> And the novelties pop up thingy is already very crowded, imo.

We'd go from the current 5 to 6, I wouldn't say that's crowded, specially when there's already an empty space the 6th category could use.

> @"Lonami.2987" said:

>

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > Seems like alot of unnecessary changes to me for very little gain.

> >

> > A key combination for hide unhide miniature would be enough.

> >

> > And the novelties pop up thingy is already very crowded, imo.

>

> We'd go from the current 5 to 6, I wouldn't say that's crowded, specially when there's already an empty space the 6th category could use.

If you read correctly I said its already crowded. And while changing it from Arenanets arbitrary to your arbitrary categorisation doesnt make that much of a difference, is exactly why I dont see why its needed to change that around.

Better to ask for full customisation where people can choose themselves in each of the empty slots. Like 4 chairs or 4 tonics or only transport items if players so desire.

Because so far it's really not better or worse to make 5 or 6 slots; with subcategories! just to make it more confusing, unless you want 12 slots.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"Lonami.2987" said:

> >

> > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > Seems like alot of unnecessary changes to me for very little gain.

> > >

> > > A key combination for hide unhide miniature would be enough.

> > >

> > > And the novelties pop up thingy is already very crowded, imo.

> >

> > We'd go from the current 5 to 6, I wouldn't say that's crowded, specially when there's already an empty space the 6th category could use.

>

> If you read correctly I said its already crowded. And while changing it from Arenanets arbitrary to your arbitrary categorisation doesnt make that much of a difference, is exactly why I dont see why its needed to change that around.

>

> Better to ask for full customisation where people can choose themselves in each of the empty slots. Like 4 chairs or 4 tonics or only transport items if players so desire.

>

> Because so far it's really not better or worse to make 5 or 6 slots; with subcategories! just to make it more confusing, unless you want 12 slots.

>

>

The subcategories wouldn't be reflected in the selection panel, so it's still 6 slots. You have a single music slot, and then you can choose either a musical instrument or a music box to put inside there.

I do agree however, that it would be cool to customize the selection panel with the things you want, and not just one of each. Let people choose 12 favorites, and make those 12 appear in the panel. Also, give them hotkeys so you don't need to be clicking.