annoying/gamebreaking "Reordered Utilities" bug

LucianTheAngelic.7054

So, this bug has existed for a long time, but essentially sometimes when you swap legends/die/waypoint the utility skills will reorder themselves to their "default position." I don't use the default positions for the utilities for any of my legends, so when this happens it can be super gamebreaking, especially since it seems to happen to me most in Raids/WvW/Pvp. It used to happen to me once or twice a week at most, but since the patch yesterday I've had it happen nearly 20 times already and it's super annoying. **The reason it's pretty gamebreaking is that it happens to me mid-fight sometimes. Mid raid boss, mid roaming wvw fight, mid pvp match, seems to just happen with a relatively low chance at random.**

Is this happening to anyone else?

Edit: Didn't notice the recent other reports of it in the megathread; meant to post this three hours ago, whoops

It is happening to me constantly, in every game and in every place. Yesterday I could not play for this, and today it seems that either. It usually happens to me when I use grim response in Shiro and change Glint. We need you to fix this as soon as possible, it's horrible and frustrating to play in competitive like that ... I thought it had been revised ... But it seems like I'm going to spend my week on vacation without being able to rank. Thanks @Anet

> @"Eutuxia.1537" said:

> For now use the default order and swap their keybind ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, sure, that takes care of some of the issue, but visually they're going to be in different places then which will also throw me off regardless (though not as much as the muscle memory). The major issue here is that this bug has been around for _at least_ 6 months, but probably a year or longer if I recall correctly, and it hasn't gotten addressed. So I don't think I should have to swap some of my keybinds around because Anet hasn't fixed a pretty grievous profession issue.

Also, I say it reverts back to the "default position" only because I assume that's what it's doing. However, I don't actually 100% know what the default position for the skills is. For all I know it's actually just mixing up my utilities entirely (and a few times that has happened) so I probably should have specified it's not necessarily default positions. I do however think that this bug exists solely because Revenant _has_ default utility positions, unlike every other class

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > @"Eutuxia.1537" said:

> > For now use the default order and swap their keybind ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>

> I mean, sure, that takes care of some of the issue, but visually they're going to be in different places then which will also throw me off regardless (though not as much as the muscle memory). The major issue here is that this bug has been around for _at least_ 6 months, but probably a year or longer if I recall correctly, and it hasn't gotten addressed. So I don't think I should have to swap some of my keybinds around because Anet hasn't fixed a pretty grievous profession issue.

>

> Also, I say it reverts back to the "default position" only because I assume that's what it's doing. However, I don't actually 100% know what the default position for the skills is. For all I know it's actually just mixing up my utilities entirely (and a few times that has happened) so I probably should have specified it's not necessarily default positions. I do however think that this bug exists solely because Revenant _has_ default utility positions, unlike every other class

Yeah, that sucks. I have been seeing a lot of threads about it and no reply from anet yet. :anguished: If you are not sure about the"default "order i think this is it because i dont have that bug/glitch

![](https://i.imgur.com/MZO2Zvc.jpg "")

> @"Eutuxia.1537" said:

> > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > @"Eutuxia.1537" said:

> > > For now use the default order and swap their keybind ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> >

> > I mean, sure, that takes care of some of the issue, but visually they're going to be in different places then which will also throw me off regardless (though not as much as the muscle memory). The major issue here is that this bug has been around for _at least_ 6 months, but probably a year or longer if I recall correctly, and it hasn't gotten addressed. So I don't think I should have to swap some of my keybinds around because Anet hasn't fixed a pretty grievous profession issue.

> >

> > Also, I say it reverts back to the "default position" only because I assume that's what it's doing. However, I don't actually 100% know what the default position for the skills is. For all I know it's actually just mixing up my utilities entirely (and a few times that has happened) so I probably should have specified it's not necessarily default positions. I do however think that this bug exists solely because Revenant _has_ default utility positions, unlike every other class

>

> Yeah, that sucks. I have been seeing a lot of threads about it and no reply from anet yet. :anguished: If you are not sure about the"default "order i think this is it because i dont have that bug/glitch

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/MZO2Zvc.jpg "")

>

Ofc that’s like the exact opposite order I have things in ?. Do you use the default order for Glint or Mallyx? Pics of those would be super helpful in identifying if it’s random or based on default since it’s been happening to me mostly in those lately. I haven’t had it happen to me in Shiro recently so I don’t remember clearly which skills it switched in the past. Also thank you for the extra info and screenshot!

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> Ofc that’s like the exact opposite order I have things in ?. Do you use the default order for Glint or Mallyx? Pics of those would be super helpful in identifying if it’s random or based on default since it’s been happening to me mostly in those lately. I haven’t had it happen to me in Shiro recently so I don’t remember clearly which skills it switched in the past. Also thank you for the extra info and screenshot!

Use the builder here: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQBAA As far as I know it auto places the Revenant skills in the default order when you select the appropriate Legend.

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> I'm a little worried this bug will be treated as low priority because of it's only affecting a small number of players and seems to occur randomly.

Wouldn't be shocked if it had something to do with the updated hero panel for changing underwater while on land and land while in water.

Ben replied to a thread confirming it's being worked on:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/689612#Comment_689612

Now if only we could do something about Hardening Persistence not giving proper stacks, or the facets suddenly ceasing to provide boons while active, and maybe put a 1 second cooldown on Facet of Nature so you don't accidentally double-tap it. :P

> @"ethanzephyr.7298" said:

> Ben replied to a thread confirming it's being worked on:

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/689612#Comment_689612

>

> Now if only we could do something about Hardening Persistence not giving proper stacks, or the facets suddenly ceasing to provide boons while active, and maybe put a 1 second cooldown on Facet of Nature so you don't accidentally double-tap it. :P

Yeah I don't understand why FoN just suddenly activates now sometimes? Like it never used to do that and it didn't even have a CD, so I don't know what they did to it when they changed it, but it's functionally worse now