Signet of Vampirism Buff.

Terror.7128

It heals you for more than the warrior heal naturally and scales much harder with healing power. The only trade off is that it requires you to get hit. Ideally it would be nicer every .05 seconds but the heal amount would need to be reduced as well.

Keep in mind Scholars are not Soldiers ant further sustain should probably be done via Death magic changes. Not everything needs to be equal to one another even more so when they work under different mechanics.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> It heals you for more than the warrior heal naturally and scales much harder with healing power. The only trade off is that it requires you to get hit. Ideally it would be nicer every .05 seconds but the heal amount would need to be reduced as well.

> Keep in mind Scholars are not Soldiers ant further sustain should probably be done via Death magic changes. Not everything needs to be equal to one another even more so when they work under different mechanics.

>

Nope

Vamp Sig needs both a ICD reduction and a large healing increase in order for it to even be functional as a healing skill, let alone be comparable to Warrior's Healing signet

You see Vamp Sig only heals when hit, and literally every hit is going to massively outscale the paltry 500 healing of vamp sig. This means that vamp sig is functionally incapable of keeping you alive and is really just the signet of (mildly) delayed dying. Warrior's signet heals constantly even when not being hit, such as when the warrior is blocking, evading, kiting, or endure paining. This means that warrior's heal sig is capable of keeping the warrior alive so long as the warrior is reasonably adept at avoiding hits.

For vamp sig to be useful, the passive needs to get bumped to at least 1k healing baseline, and the active skill needs a combination of a cast time reduction and cooldown reduction

Signet of Vampirism is just a way to add another Vampiric Presence for minor group dps support.

I never think of SoV as a heal. I think of it as something to slot when I do not need a heal because other players are keeping me topped off. Then I am free to use it whenever it is off CD for the (very) minor dps buff.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > It heals you for more than the warrior heal naturally and scales much harder with healing power. The only trade off is that it requires you to get hit. Ideally it would be nicer every .05 seconds but the heal amount would need to be reduced as well.

> > Keep in mind Scholars are not Soldiers ant further sustain should probably be done via Death magic changes. Not everything needs to be equal to one another even more so when they work under different mechanics.

> >

>

> Nope

> Vamp Sig needs both a ICD reduction and a large healing increase in order for it to even be functional as a healing skill, let alone be comparable to Warrior's Healing signet

>

Its a core necromancre skill Just because its a healing signet does not mean it needs to work the same or should even be compared period to warrior signet. IF and only IF it was a reaper thing which is melee focused i could agree that it could be comparable to warrior signet but because this is not the case its just not a good comparison to make.

> You see Vamp Sig only heals when hit, and literally every hit is going to massively outscale the paltry 500 healing of vamp sig. This means that vamp sig is functionally incapable of keeping you alive and is really just the signet of (mildly) delayed dying. Warrior's signet heals constantly even when not being hit, such as when the warrior is blocking, evading, kiting, or endure paining. This means that warrior's heal sig is capable of keeping the warrior alive so long as the warrior is reasonably adept at avoiding hits.

You dont really need to tell me how it works. I know how it works. Even as you point out below 1000 hp at abase its still gonna be massively out scaled against most attacks.

Ideally you are also saying that it should be comparable to warrior means that theif signet should heal just as much for performing attacks ele signet should heal just as much for casting skills. They work under different concepts like the necro signet but dont heal as much as the warrior signet either.

Consider the fact that you are still gaining more total effective health for using the signet period regardless of if its as effective of the warrior signet or not. IT does what its suppose to do. Im not saying it cant get a buff of some sort but dont go about expecting it to be the same as warrior signet thats just ridiculous to only be comparing it to the warrior signet because its the strongest healing signet.

>

> For vamp sig to be useful, the passive needs to get bumped to at least 1k healing baseline, and the active skill needs a combination of a cast time reduction and cooldown reduction

So its to be useful or comparable to warrior healing signet you are mixing me up a bit here. Which one are you really trying to say.

Ideally its useful as is.

*edit*

The only things i agree with really are the reduced cast time and cool down. If its going to heal more it cant be purely at base thats just ridiculous honestly and you have to know that. Its going to have to be at some kind of cost if anything more sustain shouldnt be looked at only in the signet. Keep in mind warrior signet alone is not the strongest thing ever alot of health comes from aderinal health too and necro does not have a traitline that does what defense does for warrior effectively. If you want more sustain to... "Keep you alive" then we need to be looking to death magic to do it.

So yeah, double the healing or 0.5 interval lol, as I said.

It's healing doesn't need reduced but if it is 0.5 sec, you say it's weaker than the warrior heal, but like, it doesn't seem to be to me, and u might dodge and get some distance nad spend an entire 10 secs not getting hit, whilst a warrior would just heal their ass off, you on the other hand won't.

they should remove the debuff and replace it with party buff, up to 25 hits(5 players). Balance the damage to be equal to 5-10% damage buff and make it last 6 -10 sec. That way everybody will have 25 personal stacks and life siphon (could even remove the stacks and balance around the time it last). The passive effect could have a little bit better healing power scaling tbh

> @"mazut.4296" said:

> they should remove the debuff and replace it with party buff, up to 25 hits(5 players). Balance the damage to be equal to 5-10% damage buff and make it last 6 -10 sec. That way everybody will have 25 personal stacks and life siphon (could even remove the stacks and balance around the time it last). The passive effect could have a little bit better healing power scaling tbh

Problem with that is that it's impossible to balance life steal in such a way that they grant the equivalent of a % of damage buff. That is because life steal cannot crit. So you'll end up with 5-10% power damage buff of a non crit build which are numbers at the same level as _vampiric_. And, objectively, nobody will be happy with such numbers.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> It heals you for more than the warrior heal naturally and scales much harder with healing power. The only trade off is that it requires you to get hit. Ideally it would be nicer every .05 seconds but the heal amount would need to be reduced as well.

> Keep in mind Scholars are not Soldiers ant further sustain should probably be done via Death magic changes. Not everything needs to be equal to one another even more so when they work under different mechanics.

>

The problem is, that you have too keep the existing builds in mind, that you could meet when fighting 1v1.

There is literally no build, that will hit you once every second. Most builds will burst you in 1 second so the signet procs maximum of 2 times (in 2second burst window) which is way too weak as it's only ~600 flat dmg reduction.

Also gearing for healpower isn't worth it as necro has nothing that scales very well with it.

first the signet trait signet of suffering enable you to recharge the signet when going to shroud for 25 sec. which recharge it usually if play right right after you exit shroud.

i do agree the passive just give about 10% dmg reduction (300/3000)

i would give it other passive

like leech life when foe hit you (internal cd of 1 sec and only from 1 foe) than it become also dmg buff and good heal when 5 foes hits you

> @"Terror.7128" said:

> Allow the Signet of Vampirism to proc every 0.5 seconds, instead of every 1 second.

>

> Otherwise it is just obviously inferior to the warrior passive heal and can never be any better.

>

> It's been this way for far too long, please fix it so it is competitive compared to the warriors.

This doesn't make sense. Not being the best isn't a reason to buff it. It's already quite good as it is, especially if you trait and improve your healing power to make it even better. It's a pretty hard sell to ask to buff the second best passive heal in the game ... just because it's not the first best.

If you consider that average heal ICD is about 20 seconds ... the passive part of the heal can prevent up to 6500 damage in that period and still give you access to pop the active if you need it ... Compared to the other heals we have, that's really good ... and that's not even considering how the active works (it heals and provides leeching) or the impact Signets of Suffering has on it's healing capability. I can't really see a case for this needing the buff you claim it should have; it has tremendous healing capability.

in gw2skills the passive state 325 healing while with the trait SOS its state 732 while in game its only 432 ( i think)

wiki doesnt say how much the buff is.

so intended or bug?

with 732 i think its very good

i use it in wvw power reaper as most of the time i am in shroud when i get out of it the signet is already off cd and ready to be used

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> in gw2skills the passive state 325 healing while with the trait SOS its state 732 while in game its only 432 ( i think)

>

> wiki doesnt say how much the buff is.

>

> so intended or bug?

>

> with 732 i think its very good

>

> i use it in wvw power reaper as most of the time i am in shroud when i get out of it the signet is already off cd and ready to be used

Yeah, I noted gw2skills tooltip. But when I tested it about 4 months ago, you had to use a lot of healing power stats to get to this 732 even with signets of suffering

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > It heals you for more than the warrior heal naturally and scales much harder with healing power. The only trade off is that it requires you to get hit. Ideally it would be nicer every .05 seconds but the heal amount would need to be reduced as well.

> > Keep in mind Scholars are not Soldiers ant further sustain should probably be done via Death magic changes. Not everything needs to be equal to one another even more so when they work under different mechanics.

> >

>

> The problem is, that you have too keep the existing builds in mind, that you could meet when fighting 1v1.

> There is literally no build, that will hit you once every second. Most builds will burst you in 1 second so the signet procs maximum of 2 times (in 2second burst window) which is way too weak as it's only ~600 flat dmg reduction.

Stop its not even a problem really because in your situation it wont matter how much it heals for or how many time it procs in your situation you are still dead because you used a situation in which you got burst in 1 second (likely a 1 shot situation) in any cause the damage you took is massively out scaled by what the signet would have given you back.

Against high damage 1 shot builds say (in a 1v1) it really wont matter what you do in that case your only hope to survive it is to dodge the burst or soak it with shroud / barrier depending on your spec.

The idea behind this signet is to heal you and sustain you through chip damage (when you take weaker hits ie mesmer clone attacks, warriors throwing their gs at you, locust swarm hits form another necro.) The signet gives you more total overall effective health its not going to regenerate your hp back to 100% like warriors can if they avoid enough damage or condition for a period of time. Once again im all for a buff to vamp signet but dont expect it to do what warrior signet does thats just ridiculous.

> Also gearing for healpower isn't worth it as necro has nothing that scales very well with it.

This is only 50% true

Healing power is not wroth the investment on necro no because you dont really need to invest in healing power most of your skill heal decently without it.

Fun fact Well of blood and Vampuric signet actually scale pretty hard with healing power investment but you are correct its often not worth it.

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> in gw2skills the passive state 325 healing while with the trait SOS its state 732 while in game its only 432 ( i think)

>

> wiki doesnt say how much the buff is.

>

> so intended or bug?

>

> with 732 i think its very good

This is about what it heals for when you have a max healing power investment so likely who ever wrote the wiki might have tested the signet build with max healing power.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Terror.7128" said:

> > Allow the Signet of Vampirism to proc every 0.5 seconds, instead of every 1 second.

> >

> > Otherwise it is just obviously inferior to the warrior passive heal and can never be any better.

> >

> > It's been this way for far too long, please fix it so it is competitive compared to the warriors.

>

> This doesn't make sense. Not being the best isn't a reason to buff it. It's already quite good as it is, especially if you trait and improve your healing power to make it even better. It's a pretty hard sell to ask to buff the second best passive heal in the game ... just because it's not the first best.

>

> If you consider that average heal ICD is about 20 seconds ... the passive part of the heal can prevent up to 6500 damage in that period and still give you access to pop the active if you need it ... Compared to the other heals we have, that's really good ... and that's not even considering how the active works (it heals and provides leeching) or the impact Signets of Suffering has on it's healing capability. I can't really see a case for this needing the buff you claim it should have; it has tremendous healing capability.

Finally some one who has some understanding on this skill

ITs a useful healing skill just not the most optimal one for alot of situations. but about the only one that fits that bill is the common "Consume conditions" But Vamp sig it does work ive used it just to mess around and its rather nice not saying it cant be better but the ideas most people have for this compare it to warrior signet for what ever reason ill never know.

At best it needs a shorter cast time im not sure changing the cd will really matter considering you only run this if you run SoS trait you cut chunks of time off the cd as is. Realistically its probably more like a 10-15 second cd or less if you manage your shroud well.

To quote myself from a similar thread earlier this year:

> For some data....

>

> In an OW fight w/3 mobs just now I was passive healed 22 times in a minute by Signet of Vampirism for 555-584 per occurrence. 555 * 22 = 12,210 hp/min.

>

> By contrast, Consume Conditions is 5,674 (+ 767 per condi) with a 30s CD. In this case, SoV is equal or superior to CC. Upside was that this was entirely passive, and I didn't even touch the ~5K active initial heal; downside is it doesn't help with condition removal.

>

> In total, for one minute:

>

> Signet of Vampirism 555-584 per occurrence. 555 * 22 = 12,210

> Vampiric Strikes healed 95 times for 41, so 95 * 41 = 3,895

> Vampiric Rituals w/Well of Suffering added 20 * 225 = 4,500

> Life Siphon (Dagger2) 8 * 494 = 3,952

> Total passive healing for 1 minute: 24,557

> This is with HP of 325/445 (due to weapons difference - most of fight was at 325).

> Build:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQRAnY4Yn0ICN2gl2Au0A0uhjchaOEj9UQLj1oZhBQDkAA-jRiEwACViFw0XOlHk0IwS9nCKBBYGYj+gT7PQKg8UGB-e

In this example, SoV was superior Consume Conditions. If the SoV CD was cut in half to 0.5sec then it could be quite OP.

SoV is a good choice for melee-range play, but a poor choice for ranged/kiting play.

**Fun Fact:** Signets of Suffering activates the passive of your signets when you are in Shroud, even when the signets are on cooldown.

This results in:

- When you use the active of Signet of Vampirism right before entering Shroud you are healed for 5k,

- then in Shoud benefit from the trait boosted passive healing **and** the dot on target healing **at once**

- on top of the cooldown reduction through Shroud

- to be able to use the active 5k heal again right after you left Shroud.

That's an absurd amount of healing.

Don't ask to loud for buffs of that skill. Regarding the described mechanic, we might even get a nerf.

Only because of the huge value that Spiteful Spirit adds to every Reaper build, Signets of Suffering and Signet of Vampirism are some kind of niche currently.

That goes for any heal skill ... if you don't get hit, your need to heal goes down, regardless of what heal you use. In the case where you aren't getting hit, all the heal skills are effectively the same because you don't need healing. Clearly, if we are talking about the effectiveness of heals, we are talking about situations where healing is beneficial.