Reaper is the worst spvp class I've ever played. Went 0-16 today, felt great.

Farkon.2170

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"popaz.1524" said:

> This thread confuses me. Why are you blaming the class instead of looking for ways to improve yourself.

>

> Gods of pvp is a good place to start at. https://www.godsofpvp.net/

Is there a video on that website where a reaper wins a tournament?

I'm not the best at pvp so I have much to learn, but everyone's telling me that Reaper is a noob trap and doesn't see high end play.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > Aren't people asking for reaper to be nerfed?

> >

> > Didn't it actually just GET nerfed because lesser spinal shivers was exploding people for half their hp?

>

> That was kind of a edge case. In order to get lesser shivers to hit at the levels people where complaining about you have to be running the Death Perception + Onslaught and must be able to get the proc to go off while you are in shroud. Note that the Onslaught build is total glass and generally considered bad at higher levels of play.

>

> Right now Reaper is really bad because Spiteful Spirit had it's damage gutted which when combined with the lesser shivers nerf has made reaper horrifically bad against any opponent with any kind of recovery capability as Reaper no longer has the instant spike capability to finish off opponents before they can recover/disengage/reset.

I am inclined to agree with you on this, but it's a far cry from the abysmal connotation the OP is affixing to it. Necro in general is thematically bad against classes that can reset.

> @"idolin.2831" said:

> In case you want another laugh today (aside from one you got from the defiant stance being OP thread), look at OP's video - he played a Reaper, chased a SB offnode instead of working with his teammates to down the FB, got kited when he went into shroud (and complained that he got kited), used Shroud 4 on the SB using shield stance (and hence giving the SB ~10 stacks of might), and attempted to chase the SB again when he's at 6k HP instead of going back with his teammates who were right in front of him, and then got killed by the SB.

Using a fork to eat soup, eh?

> @"popaz.1524" said:

> This thread confuses me. Why are you blaming the class instead of looking for ways to improve yourself.

>

> Gods of pvp is a good place to start at. https://www.godsofpvp.net/

God of pvp doesnt even include reaper advice since it isnt considered a meta class. Additionally they blatantly say necromancers can't survive without a babysitter in the section 'advice against necromancers'.

Imagine the affront in the pvp forums if next balance patch made it so mesmer or warrior couldn't win 1v1s without a firebrand healing them.

This shouldn't be considered acceptable in any game that proposes to have a set of balanced classes for every game mode.

> @"Farkon.2170" said:

> > @"popaz.1524" said:

> > This thread confuses me. Why are you blaming the class instead of looking for ways to improve yourself.

> >

> > Gods of pvp is a good place to start at. https://www.godsofpvp.net/

>

> Is there a video on that website where a reaper wins a tournament?

>

> I'm not the best at pvp so I have much to learn, but everyone's telling me that Reaper is a noob trap and doesn't see high end play.

That is beside the point. Every spec is represented in plat and reaper is def represented in tourneys. The site is so that you can try to learn how to kite, have better rotations, positioning, etc. This is one tool of many out there that you can use to get better and if you take the time to read them and practice you wouldn't be losing 16 in a row.

> @"Apokriphos.7042" said:

> > @"popaz.1524" said:

> > This thread confuses me. Why are you blaming the class instead of looking for ways to improve yourself.

> >

>

> God of pvp doesnt even include reaper advice since it isnt considered a meta class. Additionally they blatantly say necromancers can't survive without a babysitter in the section 'advice against necromancers'.

>

> Imagine the affront in the pvp forums if next balance patch made it so mesmer or warrior couldn't win 1v1s without a firebrand healing them.

>

> This shouldn't be considered acceptable in any game that proposes to have a set of balanced classes for every game mode.

that's because necros are not mean't to 1v1. theres multiple roles in this game; duelists, bruisers, team support, decappers.

> > @"popaz.1524" said:

> >

>

> God of pvp doesnt even include reaper advice since it isnt considered a meta class. Additionally they blatantly say necromancers can't survive without a babysitter in the section 'advice against necromancers'.

>

> Imagine the affront in the pvp forums if next balance patch made it so mesmer or warrior couldn't win 1v1s without a firebrand healing them.

>

> This shouldn't be considered acceptable in any game that proposes to have a set of balanced classes for every game mode.

You know, not every fucking build is designed to be a strong 1v1. And the game is not balanced around 1v1.

Reaper is extremely strong in team fights (bordering on overpowered). Stop trying to go side nodes and solo shit. Stick to the role the build fulfills.

What is next? People will complain that thief cannot bunker..

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Apokriphos.7042" said:

> > > @"popaz.1524" said:

> > > This thread confuses me. Why are you blaming the class instead of looking for ways to improve yourself.

> > >

> > > Gods of pvp is a good place to start at. https://www.godsofpvp.net/

> >

> > God of pvp doesnt even include reaper advice since it isnt considered a meta class. Additionally they blatantly say necromancers can't survive without a babysitter in the section 'advice against necromancers'.

> >

> > Imagine the affront in the pvp forums if next balance patch made it so mesmer or warrior couldn't win 1v1s without a firebrand healing them.

> >

> > This shouldn't be considered acceptable in any game that proposes to have a set of balanced classes for every game mode.

>

> You know, not every kitten build is designed to be a strong 1v1. And the game is not balanced around 1v1.

>

> Reaper is extremely strong in team fights (bordering on overpowered). Stop trying to go side nodes and solo kitten. Stick to the role the build fulfills.

>

> What is next? People will complain that thief cannot bunker..

It's a problem when you can't even take on a Mirage that burns both their dodges, all their invis, and can still get away when they have blink while all my mobility means nothing when I come up from behind during a team fight. Reaper is strong in team fights when the enemy team has burned through all their defenses and mobility. Otherwise, not so much.

At this point it's not even about being strong on 1v1, but not being strong on 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5s unless the other team doesn't know about dodging yet.

> > @"popaz.1524" said:

> >

>

>

>

God of PvP is primarily focused around Automated Tournaments. Scourge+Firebrand is a better combo for ATS since you can guarantee both parties will be there and know their role.

Reaper spent the entire last season dominating ranked queue as it is more reliable than scourge in that environment.

> @"Farkon.2170" said:

> Reaper is the worst spvp class I've ever played. Went 0-16 today, felt great.

>

>

> "An inexorable force on the battlefield, the reaper empowers itself enough to wield a cleaving greatsword to harvest its foes."

> **Yet I'm the one being harvested.**

> Everyone kites me despite taking every anti kiting talent

> Everyone Blocks/Evades/Teleports away from me.

> Everyone hunts me down when I go into reaper form.

> Everyone that has decent range utter owns me completely.

> Can't even go toe to toe with most other melee.

> Shouts don't work sometimes, including elites.

>

> I mean seriously? I tried every build imaginable, even this weird max hp build that still does decent damage when the opponent is finally out of guards/evades/invulns/etc., but it's still not enough.

> [

"https://youtube.com/watch?v=7eYC937sHME&feature=youtu.be")

>

> What is this class that has the coolest concept ever and it's utter trash in spvp? Why?

> I can't possibly be that bad. I've never been so frustrated in my life trying to make this work.

>

First get a better build. Your amulet sucks, so does Focus offhand.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > > This thread confuses me. Why are you blaming the class instead of looking for ways to improve yourself.

> > >

> >

> > God of pvp doesnt even include reaper advice since it isnt considered a meta class. Additionally they blatantly say necromancers can't survive without a babysitter in the section 'advice against necromancers'.

> >

> > Imagine the affront in the pvp forums if next balance patch made it so mesmer or warrior couldn't win 1v1s without a firebrand healing them.

> >

> > This shouldn't be considered acceptable in any game that proposes to have a set of balanced classes for every game mode.

>

> Reaper is extremely strong in team fights (bordering on overpowered). Stop trying to go side nodes and solo kitten. Stick to the role the build fulfills.

Necro isn't the only teamfighting class in the game, but it is the only teamfighting class that is dependent on having another specific class paired with it to be successful.

> @"popaz.1524" said:

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

> that's because necros are not mean't to 1v1. theres multiple roles in this game; duelists, bruisers, team support, decappers.

This is kinda misleading. Necro is the ONLY class that can't 1v1.

It's in fact the only class that cant do a whole lot of stuff.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> To put things in perspective, Reaper had one of the highest win-rates and play-rates in ranked last season.

would interest me: is there also a statistic how high the winrate is for necros without a FB in the teamcomb and how high is the winrate with FB?

cause necros are mostly not complaining About their potential in combination with FB support. but necros lacking more than anyone else soloplay mechanics.

for example. core Guardians are strong 1v1 classes while FB are strong teamfighters. gaurdians finally suits in many Scenarios and is top Tier in every gamemode and Situation.

while necro is forced to fight next to his FB. otherwise he dies fast. really fast.

> To put things in perspective, Reaper had one of the highest win-rates and play-rates in ranked last season.

play-rates !!! who care about play rates most player want to play the coolest elite in the game that doesnt mean it good

win-rates !!! that why i see the most of the top 100 player in leader-board are reapers

It'd be nice to know the win/loss rates for each league in cases like this. Blanketing everything from bronze to legend leaves out a lot of potential information.

> @"Cougre.6543" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > To put things in perspective, Reaper had one of the highest win-rates and play-rates in ranked last season.

> It'd be nice to know the win/loss rates for each league in cases like this. Blanketing everything from bronze to legend leaves out a lot of potential information.

Agreed, any way we can get that list?