You removed titles for a season, so how about adding teams for a season?

Crab Fear.1624

Come on.

Give it a shot.

Mix it up.

We had the same old, same old for 8 seasons now.

No one is any happier now than they were then.

People screech about no titles, but the duo q kept the population alive; it actually seemed larger (even if just a tiny bit).

How is it that the competitive prize was removed, but the population seemed a bit fuller?

Unlock teams for a season, it's the least you can do with how long we need to wait for swiss and on-demand.

So what if a couple loud forums guys say no.

Newer players, much like the ones in my guild, actually enjoy playing on teams and voice comms.

Just let us queue up.

.....Just DO it ✔

It should be called Guild Vs Guild or a 5vs5 Team Ranked ladder.

It would be the easiest way to make PvP exciting again without actually making new content.

Obviously it would be a huge hit, but would be extremely important to keep it separate from the current Ranked PvP system.

Although I would prefer actual new content with new maps for 10 vs 10 GvG PvP, I doubt this will ever happen.

Why not, actually, if we are trying to be any honest, the titles removal/duo queue allowed didn't change anything. Still the same people on the top, still completly random matchs in gold. Having 5 man teams allowed would at least make some fun and organizations in hearts of the mists.

However, if any change, they need to make everyone start at 1200 rating, otherwise nothing is going to change and top people are all going to remain at their spot with no effort.

5 man is fine as long as the matchmaker is programmed to never ever under ANY circumstances pit 5 man against anything other than another 5 man.

There is no such thing as a good match of 5 organized people on discord vs 5 solo Q randos.

Currently the MM is such that it will "try" to pit premades vs other premades, but gives up after about 5 minutes of queue and proceeds to match whatever. This should basically never happen. IDC if this means premades sit in queue for 20+ minutes I'd rather wait for one good game then be forced to participate in some god forsaken trash match.

5v5 Ranked would be a good way to practice for monthly tournaments and ATs.

At the moment, the only ways to practice as a team are:

1. Unranked (in which case you get threads like [this](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/58966/my-impressions-so-far))

2. Automated Tournaments (500-0 until the finals)

3. In-houses/scrims (takes too much effort to organize and players don't care enough)

Plus, the only thing "unfair" would be the skill difference. However, the skill gap would also encourage teams to practice hard to beat the people at the top. Thus, competition will increase, you'll see an influx in the population as many groups of 5 now have a reason to sPvP (as the leaderboards will actually matter), and PvP guilds will return to the game. Also, if the only way to place high on the leaderboard is to play with a team, you'll find that a large portion of the population will now begin to look for other players to work with. This enforces teamwork and creates a more friendly environment.

Solo que encourages selfish gameplay and is in no way healthy for a team-based gamemode.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> So the top 10 will be like 120-0 on the leaderboard?

Actually, if you played ATs you'd realize those top 10 players aren't nearly as good as win trading makes them look. You can form a plat 1/2 team and give those guys a run for their money or even sometimes beat them, and that's when you're with a rando unpolished team who has never practiced together. God forbid a group of 5 people actually cared enough to seriously practice for a monthly AT, it wouldn't be too hard to match their clout. It's just that no one practices together as a team like that anymore after GW2 left the ESL, so there is a serious lack of technical team skills nowadays.

Telling ya, if they reintroduced a 5v5 team based leaderboard, people would practice again and things would balance out. I don't want to hear "GW2 is too casual, the player base likes it casual" because the truth is that Arenanet's decisions is what made GW2 so casual by limiting our options for competitive play. It wasn't some driving mentality of the player base.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> So the top 10 will be like 120-0 on the leaderboard?

Do they take turns in queue so they dont match against each other or somethin?

Titles were removed this season but yet somehow this season, the season that allowed atleast 2 players to queue together in a team game, felt more populated than what it was for the last 7 seasons.

Could only imagine the influx of players if they allowed titles AND team play again.

(I really like shadows idea few posts up actually, ranked solo as 1v1... 1 node, first to 100 maybe?)

> @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> Seasons 1-4 sucked kitten once you got to legend and faced only tryhard premades. Will be worse when there’s a leaderboard now and titles for it. Just stop.

Yea we had a decent population back then didnt we? Not that we had those ranks back then, they were sapphire and ruby or somethin if I remember correctly but still a very healthy population.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > Seasons 1-4 sucked kitten once you got to legend and faced only tryhard premades. Will be worse when there’s a leaderboard now and titles for it. Just stop.

>

> Yea we had a decent population back then didnt we? Not that we had those ranks back then, they were sapphire and ruby or somethin if I remember correctly but still a very healthy population.

Yeah you mean before “endgame of competition” (aka esports) was removed a lot of good players naturally played. What a shocker?

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> Enabling duoQ in a 5v5 gamemode already made this unfair. Who cares if it's even more unfair? The ladder isnt showing personal skill anyway so... lets enable teams!

>

> And after that please add a competetive gamemode.

'Competitive gamemode' should not be texted on these forums it's a myth, you're not a competative player unless you've got that $$$ for the MATs and LB spots LEL. Gibbe 5 man party Plz.