Cultural Armor Now has a vendor value

I've always sold back the cultural armor because it couldn't be forged or give anything worthwhile for salvaging. Also, here's a reddit post from 2015 where someone had just discovered it could be sold to a vendor.

It's also noted on the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cultural_armor#WvW_vendor

"^ Note that you get back 1/8 of the non-WvW gold cost (i.e. 1/4 of the WvW gold cost), making the WvW armor an even better deal. "

And there's even some note of it on the Talk page for Cultural Armor from when they added the WvW cultural armor vendor: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Cultural_armor#New_WvW_Vendors

I always sold back and started buying cultural pieces years ago, and sold that back too. Nothing new here.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Regardless I never could before today.

Doesn’t mean it wasn’t able to be. Every item that can be sold to a vendor has a monetary, vendor value at the bottom of it when you hover on it.

Cultural armor has always* had a vendor value far below the purchase value. Is it possible that you may be mistaking cultural armor (and weapons) with the gear you are awarded via chests when reaching certain levels as what you experienced not having a vendor value? That level-reward gear does not have a vendor value, but they are able to be forged to potentially produce an item that can be traded on the TP (just as cultural armor can also be forged to potentially produce an item that can be traded for potentially more than what vendoring the forged cultural gear items would give).

*edit: I say "always" as they have for me since release, though there is the possibility that I am remembering inaccurately.

The confusion may come from the fact that only cultural armour purchased from the vendors has a sale value. There are some pieces which are story rewards and possibly level rewards too, and like all story/level reward items those can't be salvaged or sold. Order armour might be causing some confusion too, because if I remember correctly that can't be sold even if you bought it from the vendor.

Back in ye olde days of 2012-14 it didn't really matter because we didn't have the wardrobe so if you wanted to change the skin on an equipment piece you had to have the one you wanted to use and another piece of equipment with the skin you wanted and use a transmutation stone to combine the two. So it was very unlikely someone would buy cultural armour and then sell, salvage or delete it because you'd lose everything you just bought. (And even if you didn't want it any more if you deleted it you'd then have to buy another one to use it again, so it was better to hang onto it just in case.)

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> The confusion may come from the fact that only cultural armour purchased from the vendors has a sale value. There are some pieces which are story rewards and possibly level rewards too, and like all story/level reward items those can't be salvaged or sold. Order armour might be causing some confusion too, because if I remember correctly that can't be sold even if you bought it from the vendor.

>

> Back in ye olde days of 2012-14 it didn't really matter because we didn't have the wardrobe so if you wanted to change the skin on an equipment piece you had to have the one you wanted to use and another piece of equipment with the skin you wanted and use a transmutation stone to combine the two. So it was very unlikely someone would buy cultural armour and then sell, salvage or delete it because you'd lose everything you just bought. (And even if you didn't want it any more if you deleted it you'd then have to buy another one to use it again, so it was better to hang onto it just in case.)

I get the cultural armor from my key farming character runs and it can be sold for 10s each time. There are a few items you get as story/level up rewards that cannot be sold, but the piece of cultural armor can be.