What are your petty grievances in GW2?

Kalocin.5982

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> 5. This is the big one: One shot Masteries...I'm looking at you Vine Swinging...Please Anet...either open up the use of these mastery skills to the whole game or let us refund mastery points and spend them where we want.

Vine swinging is *the* coolest movement skill of all the LW stuff. I would love it if they would allow it everywhere (exept jumping puzzles off course) . But I guess putting those Oakheart Essences everywhere in the world would not fit the Lore. A pity, a great fun skill going to waste on a single map.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

>

> > 5. This is the big one: One shot Masteries...I'm looking at you Vine Swinging...Please Anet...either open up the use of these mastery skills to the whole game or let us refund mastery points and spend them where we want.

>

> Vine swinging is *the* coolest movement skill of all the LW stuff. I would love it if they would allow it everywhere (exept jumping puzzles off course) . But I guess putting those Oakheart Essences everywhere in the world would not fit the Lore. A pity, a great fun skill going to waste on a single map.

True, though they could make a buyable bundle from a merchant using map currency.

> @"Atriark.8905" said:

> > @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> > > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> >

> > > 5. This is the big one: One shot Masteries...I'm looking at you Vine Swinging...Please Anet...either open up the use of these mastery skills to the whole game or let us refund mastery points and spend them where we want.

> >

> > Vine swinging is *the* coolest movement skill of all the LW stuff. I would love it if they would allow it everywhere (exept jumping puzzles off course) . But I guess putting those Oakheart Essences everywhere in the world would not fit the Lore. A pity, a great fun skill going to waste on a single map.

>

> True, though they could make a buyable bundle from a merchant using map currency.

Yup, there are ways to do this. The unstable magic gliding skills is another one that should just be available everywhere.

1) I secretly LOATHE fractals that make you play as someone other than your actual character, (urban battlegrounds, twilight oasis, thaumanova). I like having my characters look a specific way and having that forced away for the duration of each of these fractals makes me feel detached from my character. I know it is nice for "RP" purposes, but I would have preferred if we did not assume the role of these characters and would instead simply fight alongside them. The fact that these fractals are ran often just makes it worse.

2) That much of the lore is presented passively through events rather than being integral to the overall main story. You have all of these poorly written and surface level interactions in the personal story and most of living world that would have been better served focusing on fleshing out Tyria in a more immersive way. In short, it makes the game world fall flat and leaves me feeling disconnected from every map I explore. I feel like the main story is not as convincing as it should be.

3) Many skills feel redundant in what they do. Some skills feel like you are doing the same thing that another skill can do but with different visual effects. Skills should have felt more distinct instead of homogenized in design.

4 ) Lack of official controller support. I do realize that this game is pc only and thus not tailored to controllers. However, the pace of gw2 combat and the limited skill bar could function with a controller and lead to an interesting style of play. Sometimes a mouse and keyboard can strain the arms and hands after a while.

5) Last, many attacks lack a feeling of weight. In many cases it just feels like you swing a weightless weapon and watch a damage number pop up as a result. This is especially bad for great swords, which already have awful sound effects. Critical hits have zero oomph outside of a red number being shown, whereas in many other games, scoring a critical hit feels immensely satisfying, here it is just "oh, more damage." In short, combat feedback needs work even though the combat itself is fluid.

1. Flouncy ribbon thingies on what would otherwise be awesome armor skins or outfits.

2. Mount sizing for Norn. My largest Norn look stupid on any mount they go on. The lion skin is the worst. My big male Norn looks like he's riding a miniature.

3. Dye colors don't look like they're "supposed to." I can pick a beautiful dark blue for my clothie set and then in-game, away from the dye picker, it looks like a washed out version or something different entirely. It's most notable in purple shades.

4. If you can design armor/outfits for NPCs that come together in front and look like full skirts or robes, why can't we have them?

5. Last one, I promise... For the love of Gwen, can we please please please get someone to fix clipping?????

> @"Atriark.8905" said:

> Petty grievances.

> 1) Racial skills being either entirely useless OR almost entirely useless.

Revs not having racial skills *at all*. :cry:

> 6) Sand Lions, Scarabs, Dust Mites inhabiting the same map and usually within a few feet of each other. MY EYES I CAN'T SEE!!

ANet traded the perma-knockdown meta for the perma-blind meta.

...yay.

RIght now, my biggest grievance is the many gambling elements the game holds. That, of course, includes the Black Lion Chests, but not exclusively.

I had ~2,700 gold today, so I thought, "Let's go for the [Legendary Sandstorm player achievement](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collector%27s_Edition_Sandstorm "Legendary Sandstorm player achievement")!"

I managed to lose only ~450 gold for the achievement, so once I had it I was at 2,200 gold. :) That's great, right? Well, greedy me. I continued on in the hopes to get above 3,000 gold... and ended up with 71 gold. :s

The temptation of gambling - don't recommend giving in to it. ;)

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> RIght now, my biggest grievance is the many gambling elements the game holds. That, of course, includes the Black Lion Chests, but not exclusively.

>

> I had ~2,700 gold today, so I thought, "Let's go for the [Legendary Sandstorm player achievement](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collector%27s_Edition_Sandstorm "Legendary Sandstorm player achievement")!"

>

> I managed to lose only ~450 gold for the achievement, so once I had it I was at 2,200 gold. :) That's great, right? Well, greedy me. I continued on in the hopes to get above 3,000 gold... and ended up with 71 gold. :s

>

> The temptation of gambling - don't recommend giving in to it. ;)

It's the meat sink game from Kingdom of loathing all over again!

> @"Ariurotl.3718" said:

> Non-offensive utility skills picking a target when you have autotarget on. There's also zero consistency there, some skills do it and some skills don't. Most annoyingly, all Guardian shouts pick a target which makes "Retreat!" in particular frustrating at times when you have a ranged weapon equipped and the character starts autoattacking.

You can turn that off in the settings. I think st with auto-targetting :)

> @"DerJoker.9081" said:

> > @"Ariurotl.3718" said:

> > Non-offensive utility skills picking a target when you have autotarget on. There's also zero consistency there, some skills do it and some skills don't. Most annoyingly, all Guardian shouts pick a target which makes "Retreat!" in particular frustrating at times when you have a ranged weapon equipped and the character starts autoattacking.

>

> You can turn that off in the settings. I think st with auto-targetting :)

Are you referring to "Stop autoattacking at target change"? That solves this (smaller) problem and creates a bigger one. Heck, it largely removes the convenience of using autotarget in the first place. Cutting your arm off when you got a splinter is not a wise solution.

> @"Ariurotl.3718" said:

> > @"DerJoker.9081" said:

> > > @"Ariurotl.3718" said:

> > > Non-offensive utility skills picking a target when you have autotarget on. There's also zero consistency there, some skills do it and some skills don't. Most annoyingly, all Guardian shouts pick a target which makes "Retreat!" in particular frustrating at times when you have a ranged weapon equipped and the character starts autoattacking.

> >

> > You can turn that off in the settings. I think st with auto-targetting :)

>

> Are you referring to "Stop autoattacking at target change"? That solves this (smaller) problem and creates a bigger one. Heck, it largely removes the convenience of using autotarget in the first place. Cutting your arm off when you got a splinter is not a wise solution.

There's st else with "auto-targetting on skill use", which, will automatically select the next possible target and uses the skill you wanted to use on it.

For example: Warrior GS #5 with that function off: ,just goes straight in the direction your camera/character is pointing.

Function on: using GS#5 will Rush to and hit the next enemy within camera view.

Be nice dude, we're trying to help... :)

That's turning autotarget off completely. Also not a proper solution. Gameplay preferences aside (those can be debated forever), the inconsistency is still there. Guardian shouts pick a target, Ranger shouts (except for "Sic 'Em!", which is appropriate) don't. Some Necro minion summons pick a target, some don't (I forget which). Thief venoms all don't.

And this is about as nice as I'm likely to get after years of this exact discussion, these exact solutions that don't solve anything at all, zero action from the devs, and dozens of "turn autotarget off and git gud lol" from all the Xx1337GAMERZxX.

Several that I can think of off the top of my head.

Engineer not having weapon swap and no dagger. I know the justification for the lack of weapon swap but it still bugs me. With other professions / elite specs able to draw on abilities that add swap skills like druid, etc the justification seems to be hallow now.

When using rocket boot or speed boost with various character professions they always draws their weapon. Not sure if it affects the speed but it very annoying visually and annoying that I keep having to put the weapon away.

No scale lock for the mini-map. Always having to adjust it back to my preferred scale is repetitive.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> Finally thought of one that is truly petty for me (and not something I'd like changed)!

>

> Break Bars.

> Break Bars are green.

> Break Bars are _not_ blue.

No, the unlocked and unbroken [defiance bar](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiance_bar "defiance bar") is [teal](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teal "teal"). Go to the wiki page, save the .png of the teal defiance bar, upload it to [imageColorPicker](https://imagecolorpicker.com/ "ImageColorPicker") (or check the values with your favorite photo editor) and you'll find areas that range from equal to very nearly equal amounts of green and blue. How green or blue it appears to each player depends on their monitor calibration (which can be way, way off) and their eyes.

> @"evilsofa.7296" said:

> > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > Finally thought of one that is truly petty for me (and not something I'd like changed)!

> >

> > Break Bars.

> > Break Bars are green.

> > Break Bars are _not_ blue.

>

> No, the unlocked and unbroken [defiance bar](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiance_bar "defiance bar") is [teal](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teal "teal"). Go to the wiki page, save the .png of the teal defiance bar, upload it to [imageColorPicker](https://imagecolorpicker.com/ "ImageColorPicker") (or check the values with your favorite photo editor) and you'll find areas that range from equal to very nearly equal amounts of green and blue. How green or blue it appears to each player depends on their monitor calibration (which can be way, way off) and their eyes.

I actually did it once, and the color it comes upon with (the name escapes me at the moment, it’s not teal) is part of the green family.

Edit: Verdigris ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verdigris

Legendary weapons not being slightly stronger then ascended.. example ascended Sword 950-1050 --->> legendary *must* be 975-1075 OR 950-1075.

After 3 years I still have not heard a satisfying answer why they are not *better*.. legendary armor is better then ascended (defense), ascended is better then exotic.

Basically legendary weapons are just purple ascended and the only thing *legendary* about it is the cost to craft and the skin/effect.

I got this from the internet - **A full ascended berserker set gives you a 12.5% increase in damage over a full exotic berserker gear set with power infusions. This is the maximum increase in damage obtainable with ascended gear. The ascended weapon gives the biggest increase for an individual item at 5.9%. Ascended armor only increases damage by 1.8% over exotic if you already have ascended back, trinkets and weapon**.

So why are legendary weapons not better then ascended. :o