Why Anet dont listen the community ?

Why no build templates?

Why would a game be named Guild Wars if there's no guild wars ?

Why both PvP modes have little to no incentives ?

Why balancing is so hard ?

Why almost all new achievements are related to story journal ? give people more goals to achiev... something that takes time.

Game mechanics are getting brainless, no skill required, no rewards for skilled players... the dumber the better

it's all about spamming buttons.

Gw2 is a casual game and i get it, but to keep the game alive you need more then some new legendary weapon/item you can farm with your credit card

I know, as a company Anet needs to sell but they can't sell shit if people gets bored.

There's a ton of really good suggestions on forums made by people who actually plays the game and see it's flaws

So why do Anet keep doing random changes to the game where there are parts of the game screaming for help ?

Gw2 is a great game and can still improve a lot with little changes

But it's becoming so casual, repetitiveand non creative that people not even bother to play anymore

I hope Anet is not rushing into a new expac to release incomplete meaningless dead maps and new elite specs

That would be the death of Gw2.

It seems quite a few people enjoy the game; it doesn't seem very 'dead'. At least, not to me.

Many suggestions found on the forums, and elsewhere, have been implemented into the game; thus, it seems ArenaNet does listen to the playerbase...when it benefits the game as a whole.

Keep in mind: often what one segment of the playerbase asks for is exactly opposite to what another segment of the playerbase desires.

I'd guess it makes sense to have new achievements tied to new content, often. Tying them to old content could cause an outcry of "been there, done that, already; now you want us to repeat it yet again??". Just another example of parts of the playerbase wanting different things.

You can find out why the franchise is named Guild Wars in either of the Guild Wars games' Wikis.

As far as I've read, balancing is difficult in most, if not all, MMORPGs.

If you find the game boring, it may be time to take a little break, and come back once your enthusiasm has returned. After all, that's one of the features with which the Devs created the game.

Oh, and I don't think there's any worry about rushing the next expansion. We have to finish Season 4 and begin and complete Season 5 of the Living World first.

Good luck.

Anet does listen to the community. There have been many changes made to the game because suggestions the players made to anet.

Change is not instant and it can not happen overnight. While it may not always seem like anet is listening or making changes suggested by their players, that's not the case.

You are also using a lot of your opinions like they are facts. Keep in mind that not every player of the game feels the same way about things that you do.

There are build templates for PvP in the game. If you want other build templates, they are available on metabattle.

The name Guild Wars is based on the lore. The first game, Guild Wars 1, got its name because it was during the era of the Guild Wars--an event in human history. By the time Guild Wars 2 rolled around, people knew the name "Guild Wars" so it stuck.

I think PvP has plenty of incentive.

Balancing is hard in EVERY game, Guild Wars 2 is no different from the rest of its genre.

There are plenty of achievements that take time

....I'm not going to address the rest of this post question-by-question because it gets more mind-numbing as it continues. Nothing you have stated is an actual problem, it's just you whining about stuff you don't like or don't know the answer to because.... you're bored?

You say there are tons of suggestions people are bringing up on the forums, that Arenanet is ignoring--but you don't mention any of them. Your whole post is just nonspecific, unclear complaining.

I, for one, have seen TONS of changes implemented in the game--big and small--that are 100% based on player suggestions.

OP isn't wrong. I would argue that the game does offer challenge in the form of raids and pvp. Pvp being the hardest content in game imo, with raids being second to that. But balance is a problem. People have been complaining about power creep for a very long time and a lot of balance patches seem mostly insignificant. People have been asking for Guild vs Guild since launch. And not having build templates for PvE is a huge problem, especially for classes like mesmer/rangers/guardians that have so many builds they switch between. OP is ranting, but his rant is valid.

WIth that said, this is still the best mmo for me and I will continue to play it till the end. But I would like to see some improvements such as build templates and more game queue supported game modes in pvp.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> It seems quite a few people enjoy the game; it doesn't seem very 'dead'. At least, not to me.

> Many suggestions found on the forums, and elsewhere, have been implemented into the game; thus, it seems ArenaNet does listen to the playerbase...when it benefits the game as a whole.

> Keep in mind: often what one segment of the playerbase asks for is exactly opposite to what another segment of the playerbase desires.

> I'd guess it makes sense to have new achievements tied to new content, often. Tying them to old content could cause an outcry of "been there, done that, already; now you want us to repeat it yet again??". Just another example of parts of the playerbase wanting different things.

There's no problem in new achievements tied to new content, but almost all new achievements are exclusively tied to new content, i dont mind if it's the same system from HoT, but new things, are always nice.

Besides new maps and mounts PoF just seems like a lazy copy from HoT

> As far as I've read, balancing is difficult in most, if not all, MMORPGs.

Balancing doesnt need to be perfect, but in Gw2 some classes are stupidly overpower

>

> If you find the game boring, it may be time to take a little break, and come back once your enthusiasm has returned. After all, that's one of the features with which the Devs created the game.

>

After all i still enjoy the game.

But for example, how can new pvp game modes would hurt ?

I'm no coder but would be that hard to implement it for (arguably) one of the best MMORPG outhere ?

> @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> OP isn't wrong. I would argue that the game does offer challenge in the form of raids and pvp. Pvp being the hardest content in game imo, with raids being second to that. But balance is a problem. People have been complaining about power creep for a very long time and a lot of balance patches seem mostly insignificant. People have been asking for Guild vs Guild since launch. And not having build templates for PvE is a huge problem, especially for classes like mesmer/rangers/guardians that have so many builds they switch between. OP is ranting, but his rant is valid.

>

> WIth that said, this is still the best mmo for me and I will continue to play it till the end. But I would like to see some improvements such as build templates and more game queue supported game modes in pvp.

People have been asking. How many people? What percentage of the playerbase. I want something doesn't mean the majority wants something.

Before HOT came out, many many hard core players had come to the forums and asked for harder content. We want harder content. We want challenging content. We want raids. And Anet, in HoT gave those people exactly what they asked for? The result. HOT was NOT accepted over all by a community used to easier content and many left the game. Many never bought HoT at all. It got so bad that Anet had to go back to the drawing board with HoT and make changes so that solo players could have stuff to do. So that it was less challenging over all.

Just because a lot of people ask for something doesn't mean most people want it, or that it will go over well. If anything, the biggest issues we've had with this game comes from Anet listening to the wrong people. I'm absolutely certain half the playerbase hasn't asked for guild vs guild. Maybe the amount of people asking for it number in the hundreds, but that's out of a lot of posts.

The OP is wrong in saying Anet doesn't listen. Anet doesn't, however, nor should they, blindly obey. I'm 100% sure they have heard people want gvg. They listened. And they made an educated decision not to provide it.

> @"Weindrasi.3805" said:

> There are build templates for PvP in the game. If you want other build templates, they are available on metabattle.

>

> The name Guild Wars is based on the lore. The first game, Guild Wars 1, got its name because it was during the era of the Guild Wars--an event in human history. By the time Guild Wars 2 rolled around, people knew the name "Guild Wars" so it stuck.

I was talking about GvG, everyone liked it why not implement and make people happy ?

>

> I think PvP has plenty of incentive.

You might think that, people that actually plays pvp thinks differently

> ....I'm not going to address the rest of this post question-by-question because it gets more mind-numbing as it continues. Nothing you have stated is an actual problem, it's just you whining about stuff you don't like or don't know the answer to because.... you're bored?

> You say there are tons of suggestions people are bringing up on the forums, that Arenanet is ignoring--but you don't mention any of them. Your whole post is just nonspecific, unclear complaining.

Why no build templates?

Why would a game be named Guild Wars if there's no guild wars ?

Why both PvP modes have little to no incentives ?

Why balancing is so hard ?

I can give you more but will gets even more mind-numbing

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> People have been asking. How many people? What percentage of the playerbase. I want something doesn't mean the majority wants something.

>

> Before HOT came out, many many hard core players had come to the forums and asked for harder content. We want harder content. We want challenging content. We want raids. And Anet, in HoT gave those people exactly what they asked for? The result. HOT was NOT accepted over all by a community used to easier content and many left the game. Many never bought HoT at all. It got so bad that Anet had to go back to the drawing board with HoT and make changes so that solo players could have stuff to do. So that it was less challenging over all.

One thing is to make the whole world harder

New game modes and achievements wouldnt interfere if people dont want to do it

We need build templates that will include gear swap, we should have this as almost every game has this option.

Its 2018 and its time for the game to advance further into the future.

But I doubt we will actually see a feature like that.

If we wont get dye channels for backpacks we wont get build templates.

> @"spectrito.8513" said:

~snip~

> Why would a game be named Guild Wars if there's no guild wars ?

~snip~

>

> I can give you more but will gets even more mind-numbing

>

>

It's the lore, the Guild Wars are historical in the context of the world of Tyria...like it was stated earlier, if you don't know the history, go read the wiki...if you know the history then you wouldn't be asking this question. Quoting directly from the GW1 wiki: "The Guild Wars were a series of military conflicts between the human kingdoms of the northern continent that finally ended in 1070 AE. When considered separately, they are known as the First, Second, and Third Guild Wars." go here if you want the whole story: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> ~snip~

> > Why would a game be named Guild Wars if there's no guild wars ?

> ~snip~

> >

> > I can give you more but will gets even more mind-numbing

> >

> >

>

> It's the lore, the Guild Wars are historical in the context of the world of Tyria...like it was stated earlier, if you don't know the history, go read the wiki...if you know the history then you wouldn't be asking this question. Quoting directly from the GW1 wiki: "The Guild Wars were a series of military conflicts between the human kingdoms of the northern continent that finally ended in 1070 AE. When considered separately, they are known as the First, Second, and Third Guild Wars." go here if you want the whole story: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

>

I was talking about GvG

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > ~snip~

> > > Why would a game be named Guild Wars if there's no guild wars ?

> > ~snip~

> > >

> > > I can give you more but will gets even more mind-numbing

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It's the lore, the Guild Wars are historical in the context of the world of Tyria...like it was stated earlier, if you don't know the history, go read the wiki...if you know the history then you wouldn't be asking this question. Quoting directly from the GW1 wiki: "The Guild Wars were a series of military conflicts between the human kingdoms of the northern continent that finally ended in 1070 AE. When considered separately, they are known as the First, Second, and Third Guild Wars." go here if you want the whole story: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

> >

>

> I was talking about GvG

That is not what you asked, this is your question: "Why would a game be named Guild Wars if there's no guild wars ?" You asked about the name of the game, not about a feature, I provided you why it's named Guild Wars.

The short answer to all of this is: There exists a finite number of hours in the day. While there are many things that players want, they don't always get a return on investment, they aren't always healthy for the game, they aren't always possible, and they aren't always a priority.

Build templates would be nice. But, nobody is going to join the game just because of build templates. Also, ArcDPS already handles build templates. Putting time into templates, therefore, wouldn't be a good time investment.

New players will not directly join because of QoL fixes, but these are important for retaining players, which in turn, helps draw in more players.

I’m still new so I don’t know if I think Anet doesn’t listen to players. However I really wish Anet will fix unhealthy flash effects spam. I literally cannot play my Holosmith because every skill causes blinding flashes and my eyes hurt. And I do not enjoy any other specs on an engineer at the moment.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > OP isn't wrong. I would argue that the game does offer challenge in the form of raids and pvp. Pvp being the hardest content in game imo, with raids being second to that. But balance is a problem. People have been complaining about power creep for a very long time and a lot of balance patches seem mostly insignificant. People have been asking for Guild vs Guild since launch. And not having build templates for PvE is a huge problem, especially for classes like mesmer/rangers/guardians that have so many builds they switch between. OP is ranting, but his rant is valid.

> >

> > WIth that said, this is still the best mmo for me and I will continue to play it till the end. But I would like to see some improvements such as build templates and more game queue supported game modes in pvp.

>

> People have been asking. How many people? What percentage of the playerbase. I want something doesn't mean the majority wants something.

>

> Before HOT came out, many many hard core players had come to the forums and asked for harder content. We want harder content. We want challenging content. We want raids. And Anet, in HoT gave those people exactly what they asked for? The result. HOT was NOT accepted over all by a community used to easier content and many left the game. Many never bought HoT at all. It got so bad that Anet had to go back to the drawing board with HoT and make changes so that solo players could have stuff to do. So that it was less challenging over all.

>

> Just because a lot of people ask for something doesn't mean most people want it, or that it will go over well. If anything, the biggest issues we've had with this game comes from Anet listening to the wrong people. I'm absolutely certain half the playerbase hasn't asked for guild vs guild. Maybe the amount of people asking for it number in the hundreds, but that's out of a lot of posts.

>

> The OP is wrong in saying Anet doesn't listen. Anet doesn't, however, nor should they, blindly obey. I'm 100% sure they have heard people want gvg. They listened. And they made an educated decision not to provide it.

Its a common misconception that ArenaNet only adds content the majority wants. It's the ideal outcome ofcourse once content is released, but it's not a democracy and content and QoL doesnt not get prioritized according to some observed majority opinion in the playerbase.

In fact all additions that have been made by "following" community advice are from only a few voices where most people don't even voice their opinion on it.

The bigger issues ingame are also mostly subjective and mostly issues perceived by the playerbase, that aren't necessarily actual issues. Or some issues arent even observed until Anet changes it.

Its also wrong to assume that those bigger issues are from listening to the wrong people.

_There are no wrong people to listen to._

Between what people think they want, being able to voice what they want, what they actually enjoy, arenanet intrepreting on what people want or enjoy and internal discussions on whats an actual good addition etc.; there's too many additional steps to even begin this scapegoating that theres wrong people to listen to.

Because in the end... HoT is still harder, even PoF is still more challenging than core. In fact, Arenanet didnt change much of the difficulty of HoT , and mostly restructured how events take place, rebalanced rewards and rebalanced some adventure treshholds,. Difficulty stayed pretty much the same overall (yes, slightly easier in some locations), but got more rewarding.

> > @"Weindrasi.3805" said:

> > There are build templates for PvP in the game. If you want other build templates, they are available on metabattle.

> >

> > The name Guild Wars is based on the lore. The first game, Guild Wars 1, got its name because it was during the era of the Guild Wars--an event in human history. By the time Guild Wars 2 rolled around, people knew the name "Guild Wars" so it stuck.

> I was talking about GvG, everyone liked it why not implement and make people happy ?

> >

> > I think PvP has plenty of incentive.

> You might think that, people that actually plays pvp thinks differently

>

>

> > ....I'm not going to address the rest of this post question-by-question because it gets more mind-numbing as it continues. Nothing you have stated is an actual problem, it's just you whining about stuff you don't like or don't know the answer to because.... you're bored?

>

> > You say there are tons of suggestions people are bringing up on the forums, that Arenanet is ignoring--but you don't mention any of them. Your whole post is just nonspecific, unclear complaining.

> Why no build templates?

> Why both PvP modes have little to no incentives ?

> Why balancing is so hard ?

>

>

>

W> @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > @"Weindrasi.3805" said:

> > There are build templates for PvP in the game. If you want other build templates, they are available on metabattle.

> >

> > The name Guild Wars is based on the lore. The first game, Guild Wars 1, got its name because it was during the era of the Guild Wars--an event in human history. By the time Guild Wars 2 rolled around, people knew the name "Guild Wars" so it stuck.

> I was talking about GvG, everyone liked it why not implement and make people happy ?

> >

> > I think PvP has plenty of incentive.

> You might think that, people that actually plays pvp thinks differently

>

>

> > ....I'm not going to address the rest of this post question-by-question because it gets more mind-numbing as it continues. Nothing you have stated is an actual problem, it's just you whining about stuff you don't like or don't know the answer to because.... you're bored?

>

> > You say there are tons of suggestions people are bringing up on the forums, that Arenanet is ignoring--but you don't mention any of them. Your whole post is just nonspecific, unclear complaining.

>

>

>

Would not say no to gvg

A highly requested feature but one that would likely take a lot of time and work to create for Gw2, Anet simply have higher priorities but yes this is a feature I too would very much like to have.. hopefully one we'll see soon or with an upcoming expansion.

Lore, The franchise was named after the Guild Wars between the three human kingdoms, Ascalon, Kryta and Orr which ended years before the first Guildwars game.

Long story short, once the bloodstones were released onto the world via a volcanic eruptiuon many of the human guilds saw the great power within them and wanted it for themselves and their guilds.. this lead to countless guilds going to war which lasted for centuries.

These wars finally ended when the Charr came down from the North and invaded the 3 human kingdoms.

Can't say, im not really into pvp, however upcoming WvW changes have me somewhat interested since server locking people won't be a serious handicap anymore.

I'll get to play with my friends and that alone adds a lot more appeal to the gamemode.

Different modes require different balancing thus the common call for skill splitting, add to that the many different mechanics and combinations etc it's almost impossible to not overlook some things.. then there's new content, skills and specs etc.

Games like this are constantly going through re-balancing.. and they always will be.

> Why almost all new achievements are related to story journal ? give people more goals to achiev... something that takes time.

Because they come with new story content and are almost exclusively tied to said new content, it's simply a convinient way for people to keep tabs on new achievements without loosing them across multiple tabs.

I do want more achievements though.. more is always good ^^

> Game mechanics are getting brainless, no skill required, no rewards for skilled players... the dumber the better

That's what pvp and raids are for.

> it's all about spamming buttons.

Not if you care about maxing your dps and other such things.. many players don't sure but the PvE isnt designed to be crippling/punishingly difficult.

And that's a good thing since it would only hurt the game's appeal to many people who don't care for games that don't allow them to play how they want to.

> Gw2 is a casual game and i get it, but to keep the game alive you need more then some new legendary weapon/item you can farm with your credit card

> I know, as a company Anet needs to sell but they can't sell kitten if people gets bored.

The game thrives on cosmetics.. if people want to buy legends with money (which I also think is crazy) then it's their choice to do so..

Doesn't effect the rest of us so why should we care?

The game's done fine.. paid expansions and a thriving cosmetic store. Overall i'm happy with the way Anet makes money in gw2.

Every time I give them money it's always my choice based on my own sense of value for what i'm getting in return.

I wouldn't even be playing this game if it demanded a subscription fee.. so yeah this over that any day of the week.

> There's a ton of really good suggestions on forums made by people who actually plays the game and see it's flaws

> So why do Anet keep doing random changes to the game where there are parts of the game screaming for help ?

> Gw2 is a great game and can still improve a lot with little changes

> But it's becoming so casual, repetitiveand non creative that people not even bother to play anymore

There's only so many people with so much time to fix so many problems and develop new features and content..

Unfortunately that means that some things end up neglected due to low priority.

It sucks sure but nothing can be done about it.

> I hope Anet is not rushing into a new expac to release incomplete meaningless dead maps and new elite specs

> That would be the death of Gw2.

Doubtful.. we're getting at least 2 seasons of living world before the next expansion instead of the usual 1 season and I expect the next expansion is already in some form of development.

I for one am expecting a big content drop for the next expansion which is something I think a lot of people have been calling for.

That traditional big expansion experience has been missing from Gw2.. and I think Anet understand that this is what people want more than anything.

It's a low priority, but I don't doubt that they are working on it from time to time. Mostly 'cause UI work is very difficult in this game.

The guild wars have happened many years ago, but I couldn't tell you why exactly they are the namesake of the game when they are never really mentioned anymore.

Rewards are something the game struggles with in a lot of places. Half the incentive is playing the modes itself.

Because they are not some sort hivemind of many thousand people like the community.

> Why almost all new achievements are related to story journal ? give people more goals to achiev... something that takes time.

What? There are thousands of things to do that aren't just story related. Story, however, is the thing that pushes the game forward and due to the nature of how living world works, it would only make sense that new content and collections are also related to each other.

> Game mechanics are getting brainless, no skill required, no rewards for skilled players... the dumber the better

> it's all about spamming buttons.

>

Look at the base game and think a little. WoodenPotatoes beat the entire base game without using a single attack. Just letting his pet and the story NPCs win FOR him. The game has gotten a lot more difficult than that in the last 6 years. Open world IS a mindless spamfest, but that's just what works. They know their playerbase. Nothing is supposed to be unachievable and if you really look for a challenge, there are several challenge modes for various content or a couple very difficult achievements for those interested. When you say spamming buttons, at least we are far beyond only spamming 1. If everybody only did that even the zerg life in Istan would be a bit more difficult.

So where do the skilled players go? They go into raids or set challenges for themselves. Low man clears, speed clears etc. What has recently happened, mostly the Chrono as an example, was making the class as a whole simpler, because it took quite a bit more effort than others. Now you might disagree with that idea, that's fine, but I'm pretty sure that on the long run, having some more of an even level to start from will be very positive for everybody. Make difficulty come from encounters itself, from tasks that you have to do or maintain while also dealing damage and moving out of harms way. That's how difficulty should be tuned for raids for example.

>

> Gw2 is a casual game and i get it, but to keep the game alive you need more then some new legendary weapon/item you can farm with your credit card

> I know, as a company Anet needs to sell but they can't sell kitten if people gets bored.

>

The game is doing well, I'm not sure where this is coming from? A few whales sustain a large part of the game, but there are so many people buying skins, buying convenience items. They really don't have to cater to a minority of players to boost sales.

> There's a ton of really good suggestions on forums made by people who actually plays the game and see it's flaws

> So why do Anet keep doing random changes to the game where there are parts of the game screaming for help ?

Because players don't work on the game. They can make suggestions all day, they don't have to actually implement them. They have given us so, so many quality of life features over time, I really don't feel like it's fair to say that they do "random changes" or that they never take suggestions from us. Again, especially UI work is holding many things back. They are working on many different things and they don't always show us progress until it's done. Maybe they should put all resources in one thing, get it done, then go to the next instead of having a couple on everything at once, but at this point it's probably too late for that.

> Gw2 is a great game and can still improve a lot with little changes

> But it's becoming so casual, repetitiveand non creative that people not even bother to play anymore

>

That's a bit of a non-statement imo. Absolutely everything could be improved, nothing is perfect. But GW2 isn't becoming casula or repetitive, it has always been. Maybe you've changed, maybe your outlook on life has changed and now you actually notice it, but the game hasn't. I wouldn't call it non creative though. Why even? Every map they release is new and vastly different from the previous. Every map introduces new mechanics, maybe even new enemies. etc. Thinking about it, I don't even think they have "copy pasted" a single event in the entire game, they are all different enough. Not reinventing the wheel every release doesn't mean it's getting uninspired.

> I hope Anet is not rushing into a new expac to release incomplete meaningless dead maps and new elite specs

> That would be the death of Gw2.

If they plan to release one, they would already be working on it and we will get the entire Season 5 before that will be released. I think that speaks against a rushed expac, since they want to take that extra time for it.

Except they do listen and implement a lot of things the community wanted. A lot of it takes time though, but the game exists in its current form because it is shaped by feedback. An exhaustive list can be provided if needed.

Things that arent developed are because either they are work in progress behind the scenes or they dont fit the game or are ideas the devs cant actually manage. The to do must be enormous for the team and inevitably, not everything can get done.

Any suggestion they dont listen though is just nonsensical.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Hot Boy.7138" said:

> > > OP isn't wrong. I would argue that the game does offer challenge in the form of raids and pvp. Pvp being the hardest content in game imo, with raids being second to that. But balance is a problem. People have been complaining about power creep for a very long time and a lot of balance patches seem mostly insignificant. People have been asking for Guild vs Guild since launch. And not having build templates for PvE is a huge problem, especially for classes like mesmer/rangers/guardians that have so many builds they switch between. OP is ranting, but his rant is valid.

> > >

> > > WIth that said, this is still the best mmo for me and I will continue to play it till the end. But I would like to see some improvements such as build templates and more game queue supported game modes in pvp.

> >

> > People have been asking. How many people? What percentage of the playerbase. I want something doesn't mean the majority wants something.

> >

> > Before HOT came out, many many hard core players had come to the forums and asked for harder content. We want harder content. We want challenging content. We want raids. And Anet, in HoT gave those people exactly what they asked for? The result. HOT was NOT accepted over all by a community used to easier content and many left the game. Many never bought HoT at all. It got so bad that Anet had to go back to the drawing board with HoT and make changes so that solo players could have stuff to do. So that it was less challenging over all.

> >

> > Just because a lot of people ask for something doesn't mean most people want it, or that it will go over well. If anything, the biggest issues we've had with this game comes from Anet listening to the wrong people. I'm absolutely certain half the playerbase hasn't asked for guild vs guild. Maybe the amount of people asking for it number in the hundreds, but that's out of a lot of posts.

> >

> > The OP is wrong in saying Anet doesn't listen. Anet doesn't, however, nor should they, blindly obey. I'm 100% sure they have heard people want gvg. They listened. And they made an educated decision not to provide it.

>

> Its a common misconception that ArenaNet only adds content the majority wants. It's the ideal outcome ofcourse once content is released, but it's not a democracy and content and QoL doesnt not get prioritized according to some observed majority opinion in the playerbase.

>

> In fact all additions that have been made by "following" community advice are from only a few voices where most people don't even voice their opinion on it.

>

> The bigger issues ingame are also mostly subjective and mostly issues perceived by the playerbase, that aren't necessarily actual issues. Or some issues arent even observed until Anet changes it.

>

> Its also wrong to assume that those bigger issues are from listening to the wrong people.

>

> _There are no wrong people to listen to._

>

> Between what people think they want, being able to voice what they want, what they actually enjoy, arenanet intrepreting on what people want or enjoy and internal discussions on whats an actual good addition etc.; there's too many additional steps to even begin this scapegoating that theres wrong people to listen to.

>

> Because in the end... HoT is still harder, even PoF is still more challenging than core. In fact, Arenanet didnt change much of the difficulty of HoT , and mostly restructured how events take place, rebalanced rewards and rebalanced some adventure treshholds,. Difficulty stayed pretty much the same overall (yes, slightly easier in some locations), but got more rewarding.

>

>

Well there are wrong people to listen to. That's why PoF was made to be the anti hot, down to not having those zone wide meta events that run the whole show. They changed meta events to bounties as repeatable content for a reason. And the reason was people complained. Yes, Anet can adjust the game based on complaints, and yes it can be the wrong people to listen to, whether they make the decision based on some majority or not. But you're taking my argument out of context anyway.

The OP suggested that people asked for guild vs guild and Anet not giving it to them is not listening to the community. The whole concept is a logical fallacy.

The OP, to make the statement Anet doesn't listen to the community, would have to list everything the community asked for, find out how much of that is in the game, and then determine how much of it is in the game because Anet listened to the community. That's the only real way to know.

Many things people have asked for have been added to the game, so Anet probably does listen to the community at least some of the time. That doesn't mean they're obligated to obey the community. For one thing as many people asked Anet not to put mounts in as the number of people who asked for mounts, but Anet still put mounts in. That change was largely well received, in spite of the negativity of a decent or at least loud percentage of the player base, proving that listening to those people would have been a mistake. Having nothing to do with majorities anyway.

The bottom line is, OP's statement is easy enough to challenge logically. The whole premise is off.