Callout to devs for explanation

XECOR.2814

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> It's alright, weaver still hasn't been nerfed even though it gets the same broken interaction from runes of evasion+woven stride.

>

> Watch them nerf the rune instead

To be fair, the interaction is more than hit target -> win

It's actively dodge a number of attacks -> win

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > It's alright, weaver still hasn't been nerfed even though it gets the same broken interaction from runes of evasion+woven stride.

> >

> > Watch them nerf the rune instead

>

> To be fair, the interaction is more than hit target -> win

>

> It's actively dodge a number of attacks -> win

To be fair, half of weavers kit is dodge frames with low cds/ permanent vigor uptime. So even a half-assed weaver can full condi clear all fight, and they have 4 stun breaks available so they don't get locked down by power damage either.

Full Berserk Onslaught Reaper has enough burst to kill evasion weavers. I run into them in WvW pretty often and they are usually extremely confident at the beginning of the fight as they are not used to die in 2 seconds. So the spec is definitely overpowered - but not in a matchup againt a glas reaper. Nevertheless not many other specs can kill it in a 1v1.

The corruption of vigor, regeneration and protection makes the build vulnerable to burst and kills its endurance regeneration.

But well try to fight a full berserk stunlock core warrior on full berserk reaper - most frustrating experience possible.

the entire game needs a rework.. look at necro first... we have no stab, no real stunbreak, no real healing spec and core necro isnt playable, reaper got nerfed to the ground and they have forced the "disease carrier" class into a power build that is squishier than a twinkie. We get hit by the nerf bat every single pass and most necros, no matter how good they are, fall prey to any stealth glass that can roll us instantly and run off laughing becuase we didnt even get a hit in. rangers can pew pew us from 1500 and load us with condi, which we cant clear, warriors just face smash us, firebrands just burn us down while healing constantly... elementalists are OP as they unlimited healing and cleanse in waters, and mesmers... well.. dont even want to talk about mesmers and deadeyes. End of story.. the game needs a real rework as pvp and wvw are already dying.

Rework doesn't revive anything, because it won't result in people's wishful thinking of the balance they imagine would result from it; every balance patch is a 'rework' ... how close are we to what you imagine the game should be?

I know it's slow for some people to wrap their heads around but the game isn't balanced around relative performance comparisons between classes. If you can't see that after 6+ years of the games existence, I guess you're just going to continued to be disappointed.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> Rework doesn't revive anything, because it won't result in people's wishful thinking of the balance they imagine would result from it; every balance patch is a 'rework' ... how close are we to what you imagine the game should be?

>

> I know it's slow for some people to wrap their heads around but the game isn't balanced around relative performance comparisons between classes. If you can't see that after 6+ years of the games existence, I guess you're just going to continued to be disappointed.

You have very strong opinions and you shoot down everyone who tries to discuss with you and demean them. Im not engaging in a battle about what the game is about and not with you because i remember you from every necromancer thread. Have a good day. Peace.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Full Berserk Onslaught Reaper has enough burst to kill evasion weavers. I run into them in WvW pretty often and they are usually extremely confident at the beginning of the fight as they are not used to die in 2 seconds. So the spec is definitely overpowered - but not in a matchup againt a glas reaper. Nevertheless not many other specs can kill it in a 1v1.

>

> The corruption of vigor, regeneration and protection makes the build vulnerable to burst and kills its endurance regeneration.

>

> But well try to fight a full berserk stunlock core warrior on full berserk reaper - most frustrating experience possible.

Usually I only meet very good weavers. They dodge everything I throw at them as a reaper.

The only chance to kill them, is if they get overconfident, because they see me dropping low.

And a good weaver will just kite you and dodge anything you throw at them.

From my experience, thats how it is. You will never ever be able to kill a good weaver as a reaper.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> From my experience, thats how it is. You will never ever be able to kill a good weaver as a reaper.

You probably won't.

I will.

I duelled the roaming weavers on whiteside, vaabi, gunnars and so on. That's the cool thing about kodash. We are jumpring from T1 to T5 and back and are facing pretty much every server sooner or later. I have 5k hours WvW playtime. I know who is good in this game as the population is limited.

I did not lose to a sword weaver for weeks (at best he pops FGS and escapes, but he will never outsustain / kill me). They are basically freekills. And I see how these weavers perfom in duells against others. They are unkillable for most specs.

> @"XECOR.2814" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > Rework doesn't revive anything, because it won't result in people's wishful thinking of the balance they imagine would result from it; every balance patch is a 'rework' ... how close are we to what you imagine the game should be?

> >

> > I know it's slow for some people to wrap their heads around but the game isn't balanced around relative performance comparisons between classes. If you can't see that after 6+ years of the games existence, I guess you're just going to continued to be disappointed.

>

> You have very strong opinions and you shoot down everyone who tries to discuss with you and demean them. Im not engaging in a battle about what the game is about and not with you because i remember you from every necromancer thread. Have a good day. Peace.

Your post is odd; somehow you thought I was replying to you. Pretty odd for someone not looking for a discussion with me. If you are as observant to the forums as you indicate, you also know Anet already gave you an answer to your question as well.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > It's alright, weaver still hasn't been nerfed even though it gets the same broken interaction from runes of evasion+woven stride.

> >

> > Watch them nerf the rune instead

>

> Actually. I could bet this doesn't get nerfed for a long time

the fact they haven't nerfed it shows how irrelevant Ele is in PvP

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > From my experience, thats how it is. You will never ever be able to kill a good weaver as a reaper.

> You probably won't.

>

> I will.

>

> I duelled the roaming weavers on whiteside, vaabi, gunnars and so on. That's the cool thing about kodash. We are jumpring from T1 to T5 and back and are facing pretty much every server sooner or later. I have 5k hours WvW playtime. I know who is good in this game as the population is limited.

>

> I did not lose to a sword weaver for weeks (at best he pops FGS and escapes, but he will never outsustain / kill me). They are basically freekills. And I see how these weavers perfom in duells against others. They are unkillable for most specs.

Ah ok. Might be because the weavers I meet almost everytime have a thief or something else as backup -.-

> @"HardRider.2980" said:

> We the community have long asked for explanations from the Dev team over certain actions made by them, not (for most of us) to attack, but to clearly help us understand the reasoning behind it.

>

> I honestly think the Dev team gets more heat thrown at them for no reason. Reasons which wouldn't exist or in it's form if we had communication.

> It amazes me more, that after all these years.. even in a controlled environment, communication is still a major issue with Anet and it's Devs.

:)

they have ideal jobs, they make and maintain a game for money. Not sure what is with all the tight lips lol.

My job is very satisfying but people die where I work each day. Maybe not as fun as what they do but both are meaningful. One brings joy over a product and one can bring joy over a life saved, wish it always went down that way but we all die eventually.

They could work on communication to a large degree but maybe they are just afraid or have thinner skin than most. It really is hard to say. It is also possible they have rabid lawyers breathing down their necks over every tiny thing they want to say to us.

Anet have long abandoned spvp overall. They try to keep ppl in spvp with absolutely minimum effort. The Rune update was a perfect example. "Here are some new simplified runes we havent playtested but we feel like we had to change something".

I admit them adding a new map was kind of nice, but they are still completely clueless about the different specs and balance. If they wanted more ppl to play pvp, they`d have way more balance updates, way more communication and way more often.

Hire more ppl for your pvp-department or shut it down completely cause this is getting sad asf.