Ep. 5 in December?

Lurana.7506

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a recent interview, I believe Mike Z. said they were hoping/expecting Living World releases to be closer to the 2-month cadence than the 3-month cadence henceforth, but....they are happy to have the cushion, just in case.

Edit: _So, my hope is that you can expect it to be much close to two months in the months moving forward but we you know obviously we have that leg room in there just in case._

Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/interviews/guild-wars-2-gamescom-2018-interview-looking-back-at-living-world-1000012975#xLp7YSVlOeHqQxzP.99

If it's not December, it's going to be very late January because they've never released anything in early/mid January, their January releases are always near the end of the month. On the other hand, they had one release and one PVP event in December (outside Wintersday) so it's not very popular release month either. Personally, I hope for a late November release (I can dream right?) because it's a popular release month and will be within the 3-month release schedule :)

> @"Zeefa.3915" said:

> I'll set my expectation to sometime after wintersday... maybe even after the Canthan newyear...

> I would very much like to be wrong about said expectation though.

> Its just a matter of rather being pleasantly surprised than being disappointed.

The right way to approach it

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

Personally, I hope for a late November release (I can dream right?) because it's a popular release month and will be within the 3-month release schedule :)

I would love to have a release this month but honestly I don't think that's going to happen. When they stick to the 3-month release schedule we'd get an Episode in mid December. But winter's day is probably starting on 11th. So last time we had a release right before Halloween event. But this time it'd be to the same time. But one would think December is better than January to release a new episode.

> @"linamaria.1830" said:

> I am still hoping for [**this**](https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/countdown/ "this") be accurate! :)

That timer is accurate, but it doesnt say its a new LW story episode. There is a new update coming to the game every 2 weeks, sometimes 3 (it depends on gemstore).

It could be new LS, but it is most likely just gemstore update. We will see tommorow though.

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > @"linamaria.1830" said:

> > I am still hoping for [**this**](https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/countdown/ "this") be accurate! :)

>

> That timer is accurate, but it doesnt say its a new LW story episode. There is a new update coming to the game every 2 weeks, sometimes 3 (it depends on gemstore).

> It could be new LS, but it is most likely just gemstore update. We will see tommorow though.

Well, i can hope/dream it is for the new episode, right? ;)

Though, I wont be frustrated if there's no trailer tomorrow lol

> I am still hoping for [**this**](https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/countdown/ "this") be accurate! :)

Well, it reads 'is expected', so it's not for sure and most likely will be a normal update. But there's always hope :) I think, if we get a new LW this year, we won't get a trailer in November. But I'd be glad to be wrong :)

> @"Lurana.7506" said:

> > @"linamaria.1830" said:

> > I am still hoping for [**this**](https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/countdown/ "this") be accurate! :)

>

> Well, it reads 'is expected', so it's not for sure and most likely will be a normal update. But there's always hope :) I think, if we get a new LW this year, we won't get a trailer in November. But I'd be glad to be wrong :)

IF the episode is on the 27th, we'll likely get to know through a trailer tomorrow.

If that update *isn't* the episode, I don't think we can expect it this year - so far **none** of the relases post-HoT have been combined with a festival, and there's propabably too little time between nov 27th and the start of Wintersday (likely dec 18, but possibly dec 11) to squeeze in an episode there...

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> IF the episode is on the 27th, we'll likely get to know through a trailer tomorrow.

> If that update *isn't* the episode, I don't think we can expect it this year - so far **none** of the relases post-HoT have been combined with a festival, and there's propabably too little time between nov 27th and the start of Wintersday (likely dec 18, but possibly dec 11) to squeeze in an episode there...

Probably you're right. Now when I think about it, it seems more likely to get an episode next week than in December. But even that is, as you said, highly unlikely.

> @"Lurana.7506" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

>

> > IF the episode is on the 27th, we'll likely get to know through a trailer tomorrow.

> > If that update *isn't* the episode, I don't think we can expect it this year - so far **none** of the relases post-HoT have been combined with a festival, and there's propabably too little time between nov 27th and the start of Wintersday (likely dec 18, but possibly dec 11) to squeeze in an episode there...

>

> Probably you're right. Now when I think about it, it seems more likely to get an episode next week than in December. But even that is, as you said, highly unlikely.

I sooo hope we get it next week, I KITTENING WANT MY LONGBOW!!! *ahem* I'm sorry, don't know what came over me there.

Jokes aside, I can actually see an option that gives us the episode in december - They don't actually need a patch to activate festivals any more, so they *could* (veeeery theoretically) release an episode dec 11 and start Wintersday dec 18 without an update...

There are good reasons to push the next Episode past new years. There is a lot of game releases happening currently both on PC and console. GW2 December is full with 2 holiday events (Wintersday and Cantha New Year) as well as more real life distractions.

It makes the most sense to let all this pass and get players to come back mid to end of January, an often slower release time frame.

On top of which, IF episode 5 should be the last one from Season 4, it would make for a great bang to end Season 4 with what ever transition is planed to Season 5 at the begining of the next year to get players hyped.

That said, I'm obviously hoping for a release asap and I have been wrong before. Fingers crossed.

>Jokes aside, I can actually see an option that gives us the episode in december - They don't actually need a patch to activate festivals any more, so they *could* (veeeery theoretically) release an episode dec 11 and start Wintersday dec 18 without an update...

Nahh, I don't think so. Many players would be a bit angry I think because they want to play the Winter's Day stuff but only have a limited amount of time and also want to play the new ep and do the new collections as fast as possible.

Last year we had _"Daybreak"_ in November, 28th. My fingers are crossed for a tomorrow's trailer! :)

> I sooo hope we get it next week, I KITTENING WANT MY LONGBOW!!! *ahem* I'm sorry, don't know what came over me there.

I am so wanting the longbow too! haha

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> There are good reasons to push the next Episode past new years. There is a lot of game releases happening currently both on PC and console. GW2 December is full with 2 holiday events (Wintersday and Cantha New Year) as well as more real life distractions.

>

Lunar New Year is around the Chinese New Year, which 2019 is on feb 5th. I can't see *any* way LNY can delay the next episode.

> It makes the most sense to let all this pass and get players to come back mid to end of January, an often slower release time frame.

>

> On top of which, IF episode 5 should be the last one from Season 4, it would make for a great bang to end Season 4 with what ever transition is planed to Season 5 at the begining of the next year to get players hyped.

>

Around the marketing for ep 4 they refered to "join us for the second half of season 4". While you absolutely can refer to passing ep 3 of as "halfway", the announcement gives me the distinct impression there were 3 more episodes coming.

> That said, I'm obviously hoping for a release asap and I have been wrong before. Fingers crossed.

So am I!

> Last year we had _"Daybreak"_ in November, 28th. My fingers are crossed for a tomorrow's trailer! :)

>

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > I sooo hope we get it next week, I KITTENING WANT MY LONGBOW!!! *ahem* I'm sorry, don't know what came over me there.

>

> I am so wanting the longbow too! haha

>

I was *dead certain* of a pattern, slating longbow for ep **3** of this season!! I had all my materials ready a month in advance of that! I was fine with the waiting until then!

I didn't know *waiting* could be exhausting!

> > @"Lurana.7506" said:

> > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> >

> > > IF the episode is on the 27th, we'll likely get to know through a trailer tomorrow.

> > > If that update *isn't* the episode, I don't think we can expect it this year - so far **none** of the relases post-HoT have been combined with a festival, and there's propabably too little time between nov 27th and the start of Wintersday (likely dec 18, but possibly dec 11) to squeeze in an episode there...

> >

> > Probably you're right. Now when I think about it, it seems more likely to get an episode next week than in December. But even that is, as you said, highly unlikely.

>

> I sooo hope we get it next week, I KITTENING WANT MY LONGBOW!!! *ahem* I'm sorry, don't know what came over me there.

>

> Jokes aside, I can actually see an option that gives us the episode in december - They don't actually need a patch to activate festivals any more, so they *could* (veeeery theoretically) release an episode dec 11 and start Wintersday dec 18 without an update...

I want a new longbow too, which means we will be getting the greatsword!