Actual purchasable homes in our 'home instance'

We are the savior of the world several times over, a commander, a diplomat, a hero - but we don't even have our own home.

I was wondering if it would be feasible to have our own personal homes that we can buy in our home instances or major cities like Lion's Arch. We could have multiple 'tiers' or sizes of houses within our instance that we can choose from based on price and playing style. Decorating could be much like Guild Halls where you can buy furnishings for your home in tiers based maybe on achievements or leveling. We could store some of our minis there as pets, or even use it as another way to incorporate that new Basenji! We could add crafting stations to our homes!

What does everyone think of such an idea? It could at least be a great gold sink for the richer players!

> @"Dragon Priestess.9760" said:

> We are the savior of the world several times over, a commander, a diplomat, a hero - but we don't even have our own home.

Noble-birth path humans *do* have a home, except that of course we can't get inside it. (It's on the noble road in the Salma District, where the various ore and high-tier herb nodes are. I'm not sure which of the houses there it is, but from a story-lore point of view, that's where it is.)

EDIT: forgot to mention: of course, all other player characters are little more than bums begging on street corners, except maybe for Sylvari in the Gairwen/Bercilak path.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Dragon Priestess.9760" said:

> > We are the savior of the world several times over, a commander, a diplomat, a hero - but we don't even have our own home.

>

> Noble-birth path humans *do* have a home, except that of course we can't get inside it. (It's on the noble road in the Salma District, where the various ore and high-tier herb nodes are. I'm not sure which of the houses there it is, but from a story-lore point of view, that's where it is.)

>

> EDIT: forgot to mention: of course, all other player characters are little more than bums begging on street corners, except maybe for Sylvari in the Gairwen/Bercilak path.

Well Charr seem to have a Barracks-style home in Hero's Canton, presumably always there for us on return.

Norn - I'm thinking a similar communal home in Hunter's Hearth for Norn without a homestead.

Sylvari - Dreamer's Terrace seem to be *a* home, but whether it's *our* home or some kind of communal home seems a lot more unclear.

Human Noble, as you said, have a home in Salma District. Street Rat (obviously) live on the streets, but I always took the Commoner story as the PC living at the pub/inn.

Asura - that place is just a lab, I guess we all just sleep on blankets under the desks or something. :D

Of course at the beginning of the ps I'm not thinking of it. But I think we should 'unlock' the ability to purchase homes once you finish your Personal Story. As the commander of a large alliance and the defeater of an Elder Dragon at that point, even the orphan PC should have enough fame/money for at least a basic home. It would be unrealistic for the commander to still be a street-rat at this point unless they explicitly want to stay that way.

> @"Dragon Priestess.9760" said:

> We are the savior of the world several times over, a commander, a diplomat, a hero - but we don't even have our own home.

>

> I was wondering if it would be feasible to have our own personal homes that we can buy in our home instances or major cities like Lion's Arch. We could have multiple 'tiers' or sizes of houses within our instance that we can choose from based on price and playing style. Decorating could be much like Guild Halls where you can buy furnishings for your home in tiers based maybe on achievements or leveling. We could store some of our minis there as pets, or even use it as another way to incorporate that new Basenji! We could add crafting stations to our homes!

>

> What does everyone think of such an idea? It could at least be a great gold sink for the richer players!

The road is our home

> @"Dibdabs.3410" said:

> If I can store things in it as a sort of secondary Bank, I would be interested. Otherwise I wouldn't bother with housing.

Would be just as expensive if not more so to buy up the bank tabs there mate, since you first have to spend the gold to buy/build said house.

So would be better for you to ask them for more bank tabs in the regular bank. =)

I've said before that I think that instead of a home option we should have a Dragon's Watch guild hall built around the guild hall engine. I'd love to see them make a map near the Festival of the Four winds map that has a dwarf structure that became an Inquest base then abandoned by them to use as a DW guild hall that we can make our home in. All the NPC members of DW could have apartments in it. Taimi could have a lab, we could have a weapons training area, our home nodes on the map, etc. They could make it a LW sized map and let us farm a wild part of the map once a day. We could fetch daily items for the NPCs once a day for daily rewards to boost the guild hall. Things like Asura tech parts for Taimi, wood for another NPC who might act as a scribe that we order upgrades from, etc.

The reason why I think it should be in that part of the world is because it's a place where the shiverpeaks meets the jungle and it has ocean access. As a live weapons training area we could take out invading krait with automatic guns and golems to take out the ones that get past us.