No Doors, No Siege week

aintiarna.1038

I realise that some people will hate this idea which is why I'm merely suggesting it as a fun event similar to the no downed state week. Quite simple really as the title suggests. Just remove all doors from the maps and make it so that no siege can be placed for the duration of 1 reset. I would also suggest that all mortars and canons be removed too. Having a nice buff to magic find, WXP and reward track to accompany it would also be good.

Why? Well, aside from some fun fights on reset night and the occasional roaming skirmishes during the week, there can sometimes be a little too much siege camping in t3 towers. This might encourage more fights over objectives (or it might make people go do Istan farm instead. I don't know.) But it would at least shake things up a bit.

I mean, some of the most regular ongoing skirmishes happen in and out of a cheese walled SM... Sieged up towers stop players from interacting altogether because no one wants to deal with that mess. What do you guys think?

Idk maybe instead of zerging you could try smallscale (1-5 vs 1-5) where its objectives like sentries/camps/towers that will get you fights without walls.

>! "What? Towers have walls !" Yeah and paper tower walls die in just a couple minutes from a single superior cata. Enough time for a few defenders to arrive and for you to fight them inside the tower.

It would be a mess. Small roaming groups taking our objectives if no one's scouting them. Unable to apply tactivators to each objectives because it's being flipped every 5minutes. Wouldn't need any scouting or w/e. Night crew wouldn't mean anything, in morning you wake up and flip your stuff back with 2people. If you're protecting Middle Tent in EBG from enemy A, enemy B takes your keep the same minute being 3rd wheel. It would be nice fights, I'll give you that. Playing in small groups would be interesting and fun.

> @"Luranni.9470" said:

> Oh look, another "please stand there and let us roll over you with our metaball" thread. :joy:

>

> Jokes aside - golem week bad, no-downed was amazing, bloodlust was kinda meh but switching things up a bit is always nice so I'd be up for it!

See, I don't think it would be a metaball thing. If you could go straight to the lord on multiple towers on all maps with no siege I think we'd have many smaller havoc groups clashing all over the place. I think it would be fun. In fact, a big blob would be a handicap because you'd never get to an objective in time.

> @"aintiarna.1038" said:

> > @"Luranni.9470" said:

> > Oh look, another "please stand there and let us roll over you with our metaball" thread. :joy:

> >

> > Jokes aside - golem week bad, no-downed was amazing, bloodlust was kinda meh but switching things up a bit is always nice so I'd be up for it!

>

> See, I don't think it would be a metaball thing. If you could go straight to the lord on multiple towers on all maps with no siege I think we'd have many smaller havoc groups clashing all over the place. I think it would be fun. In fact, a big blob would be a handicap because you'd never get to an objective in time.

But they aren't trying to defend them usually anyway. The big blob will just have an endless k-train running, because there will always be paper towers to flip (cause of the few havocs). They never have to wait to get in, most likely won't lose fights because "blob" , and will just walk from 1 place to the next flipping whatever the havoc has gotten to. On paper it may seem like it would encourage lots of small skirmishes, but in reality it will just empower the blob to walk around from map to map flipping things for easy loot and ranks.

Could be fun. I'd propose the following:

* no gates

* no keep lord or lord room npcs. just a big cap circle. no RI lockout after cap

* circle takes 20-50x as long to fully cap / decap. This is to give the defenders enough time to actually get there and fight

* maybe no downstate so a larger force can't keep ressing

> @"coro.3176" said:

> Could be fun. I'd propose the following:

>

> * no gates

> * no keep lord or lord room npcs. just a big cap circle. no RI lockout after cap

> * circle takes 20-50x as long to fully cap / decap. This is to give the defenders enough time to actually get there and fight

> * maybe no downstate so a larger force can't keep ressing

but there is new runes that res u if ur fully ded :open_mouth:

> @"Straegen.2938" said:

> Almost every server would be karma training avoiding each other for the loot. The q's would be insane to boot.

>

> I proposed a similar version a long time ago where damage done taking a tower/keep wasn't automatically repaired and everything starts T3.

I'm not sure that insane q's is all that major a problem for 1 week. I'm thinking this would liven up WvW, bring some people back and maybe introduce new people to the game mode.

You expect that there will be lots of small groups running across the maps, but the reality is that there will be just 1 blob of each server rotating EotM-style, capping stuff for all that easy WXP and loot with the ocasional "derailer" that will flip somenthing before the blob can arive to deny them the reward for the capture just for the sake of trolling.

Jeknar hits the nail on the head. Would just be one big karma train fest with maybe a couple of smaller groups flipping on other borders.

Without gates you wouldn't be able to even reach hills or bay before it flipped, so defending would become completely pointless- and a blob won't hang around for 5 minutes waiting on the timer, they will just switch borders where timers are off.

Whilst it might sound fun in theory, in practice it would be a mess and just promote k-training.