Abaddon is still alive because.....?

Sombra.3246

I voted 2 - Abbadon was the God of secrets so Abbadon will always be one step ahead. But this also implies 7 - Kormir became the Godess of Truth, implying that Abaddon still is the God of Secrets. Too bad we cannot select two options :/

I cannot stop to feel sympathy for Abbadon. By reading the lore I cannot find any malicious intention in his actions before his defeat. I think he knew something about the usage of magic the other gods had no idea. This is why he was against "limited use of magic" supported by the other gods.

On the other hand, the other gods did nothing for the livings when the help was vital. The 5 ancient races were wiped by the dragons - without the gods lifting a finger. A new awakening of the dragons, all the Tyria is in danger and what is the god choice? They **leave** Tyria!!

And now they are back to tell us that we cannot expect any help from their part. WHAT? This are the "good" gods? And Abbadon is evil ?? HM

To quote a favorite character from a parody I love.

HE DEAD!!! XD

Yeah he's long gone, his power, his life force absorbed and forged into a new god.

Abaddon wasn't just the God of Secrets he was also the God of Water, Kormir his successor was the Godess of Truth and Water although she give the dominion of water up to Lyssa.

This process is really important to the current Gw2 story imo.. when a god dies their power becomes wild and unstable.. even fallen gods who have been stripped of their divinity and emprisoned still possess great power and when destroyed that power becomes incredibly volitile.

Kormir absorbed Abaddon's power saving Elona from destruction and becoming a god herself.

A very similar thing happened when Balthazar was killed as well.. There's a very good chance the new God of War is a certain Dragon friend of ours, and A Star To Guide Us dropped a pretty good hint to back that up as well.

Truth is contrary to falsehood, not to secrecy. Being secret doesn't stop anything from being true.

So Kormir being the Godess of Truth doesn't stops her from taking Secrets too.

However.

Being the god of secrets DO imply you have many, many, MANY cards under the table. I'm sure Abbadon just decided to stage his own death and secretly become someone else. He is still alive and well, secretly enjoying how wrong is people that believe him to be dead, and pass his time watching the commander and guildies running from point a to point b without ever noticing the idiot guy in the speedos is secretly a god.

Abaddon is dead. Confirmed in-game, confirmed by the word of god (aka Anet devs). Multiple times. He is dead. Bringing him back will be the worst asspull Anet could pull.

The only viable way they could pull off a "return of Abaddon" is actually by fulfilling the prophecy of the [mad soul]():

_"A new god is born! A god that will destroy the others and bring about the end of the world! The cycle begins again!"_

_"When you walk dark paths, you open your mind to nightmare. Poor Kormir, poor sad goddess raised up to the stars, cursed to see only infinite blackness between them...."_

Abaddon's power makes Kormir go mad, and she becomes the villain. Would have been a better plot for Path of Fire... It wouldn't be "Abaddon's is back" so much as "Abaddon's influence and power returns"

(Also I did not see the "Abaddon is definitly dead and is not coming back." option)

> Abbadon was the God of secrets so Abbadon will always be one step ahead.

> Kormir became the Godess of Truth, implying that Abaddon still is the God of Secrets.

_"All hail Kormir, Goddess of Secrets!"_

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tormented_Soul

Noooope.

> Abaddon was harnessing Kralkatorrik's magic to make his Margonite army.

Except Margonites' skin was turned into fish scales, and their insides turned into water.

I also believe Abaddon's truly dead.

Though I think there could be a single possibility that the dead god could use to somehow return: Razah. We never knew what Abaddon had planned for this mysterious human created from the mist, and it looked like he was his most well guarded secret as he was at the "heart of abaddon". I think one possibily is that Razah was his failsafe, in case he was killed. In this way, after Abaddon died, a small whisper of his being remained inside Razah, with no power nor conscience at all, and what better way to conceal his creation among his enemies than in a human form. During centuries of hiding (Assuming Razah doesn't grow old because of the way he was created), this whisper could be forming inside Razah, beginning to gather magic and reforming abaddons's soul and possibly taking over razah's body.

It is a pretty long shot, but It is the only way I would buy abaddon's return. Still, I think Abaddon is truly dead, and whanever purpose razah had in his creation died with this god.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> Abaddon is dead. Confirmed in-game, confirmed by the word of god (aka Anet devs). Multiple times. He is dead.

>

The gods said they cannot defeat the dragons. But we already interfered not once but twice to stop a weakened, stripped of divinity former god to kill the dragons. First when we stopped him to kill Jormag + Primordius in the same session. Then we stopped him to kill Kralky (this was after he one-shotted Vlast, until that moment a possible candidate for the role of Elder Dragon).

So, they were wrong. Or, if they knew the real truth (that the gods can indeed defeat the dragons), they tried to don't reveal it to us.

Taking all of this in consideration (and also the image the devs. tries to make for the gods - weaker, not as smart, with less imagination that the average GW2 player who completed the story) then, I think we have good chance to see Abbadon back in action. This time being free to help the livings and delivering us the secret he knows about how we can get rid of the dragons without wiping Tyria.

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > Abaddon is dead. Confirmed in-game, confirmed by the word of god (aka Anet devs). Multiple times. He is dead.

> >

>

> The gods said they cannot defeat the dragons. But we already interfered not once but twice to stop a weakened, stripped of divinity former god to kill the dragons. First when we stopped him to kill Jormag + Primordius in the same session. Then we stopped him to kill Kralky (this was after he one-shotted Vlast, until that moment a possible candidate for the role of Elder Dragon).

> So, they were wrong. Or, if they knew the real truth (that the gods can indeed defeat the dragons), they tried to don't reveal it to us.

>

> Taking all of this in consideration (and also the image the devs. tries to make for the gods - weaker, not as smart, with less imagination that the average GW2 player who completed the story) then, I think we have good chance to see Abbadon back in action. This time being free to help the livings and delivering us the secret he knows about how we can get rid of the dragons without wiping Tyria.

I'm just very curious about how you ignored the fact that the developers outright stated that Abaddon is dead and continue to pretend otherwise. Abaddon is my favourite out of all the human gods, but I know for a fact that the devs won't bring him back because they have declared that Abaddon is dead. With that out of the way, let's counter everything else:

> The gods said they cannot defeat the dragons.

"Kormir: We, the gods, saw there could be no victory in our inevitable conflict with the Elder Dragons.

Kormir: Waging war with them could only lead to the destruction of Tyria—and we, the Six, would be the match that would start the blaze."

To be fair, two lines later, she does say this:

"Kormir: Balthazar was blinded by his pride. The dragons are beyond even the gods—a raw, primal force without equal.

Kormir: Whether he won or lost—by his death or theirs—Balthazar's ambitions would bring about the end of Tyria."

Their end goal was to *make sure Tyria wasn't destroyed*. Kormir outright states that Balthazar could possibly destroy the dragons, but it would be at the cost of Tyria, any meddling he did with the dragons would destroy Tyria.

> But we already interfered not once but twice to stop a weakened, stripped of divinity former god to kill the dragons.

Okay, but like, we killed Zhaitan and Mordremoth. This is a weak argument in the face of that.

> First when we stopped him to kill Jormag + Primordius in the same session.

Right, except Taimi created the device that would allow Balthazar to do that in the first place.

"Taimi: Ah. Okay, it runs off the heart of Omadd's Machine.

Taimi: That, combined with my spectrum research, aided by my assistant, Spencer...

Taimi: Will let me manipulate the Eternal Alchemy to smash Primordus and Jormag's unique signatures together.

Taimi: Thus, cancelling them out. I.E. dragons go (death sound)."

": Lazarus, I don't recall inviting you here. I suggest you leave.

Lazarus: But my friends and I just arrived.

: Through a gate that was moments ago not letting anyone out...

Lazarus: I'd heard there was a machine here. A machine that could kill two Elder Dragons with one blow."

This was the instance Lazarus was revealed to be Balthazar. So this argument falls flat because Taimi created the device, balthazar just used it.

> Then we stopped him to kill Kralky

Except we also had a method of killing Kralkatorrik.

": Maybe that's why Vlast sent us here: to destroy the dragonsblood spear.

Rytlock Brimstone: Bad idea, boss. Glint told us that weapon was made specifically to kill Kralkatorrik."

And Balthazar wasn't casting some magic ritual to kill Kralkatorrik, he was using Aurene as ammunition for his machine that was shooting kralkatorrik, which is that Kralkatorrik's energy is his own weakness, making Aurene the best weapon against him currently (once we find her again that is).

> (this was after he one-shotted Vlast, until that moment a possible candidate for the role of Elder Dragon).

Vlast ISN'T AN ELDER DRAGON. Being in a candidate role to replace an elder dragon is not the same thing as actually being an elder dragon, so this part also falls flat.

> So, they were wrong. Or, if they knew the real truth (that the gods can indeed defeat the dragons), they tried to don't reveal it to us.

Except, again, Kormir stated that if they tried to fight the elder dragons, TYRIA WOULD BE DESTROYED.

> Taking all of this in consideration (and also the image the devs. tries to make for the gods - weaker, not as smart, with less imagination that the average GW2 player who completed the story)

Not only did all your points fall flat when confronted with basic evidence, you also ignore the fact that players don't actually live in Tyria, and we have knowledge that the characters in the game can never have access to. There are things we know that the character's dont because the developers told us about what happened that our characters never got to see.

> then, I think we have good chance to see Abbadon back in action.

There's so much false equivalence here that I can't even begin to describe the innumerable reasons why this statement is 100% false. Fact is, the developers say Abaddon is dead. That's literally all it takes for Abaddon to be dead. Literally none of the points above have ANY connection to Abaddon in any way, shape or form. No correlation can be drawn, no association to be made, there is nothing that connects anything you mentioned to Abaddon returning. I don't understand how you could even say that in the fact of the developers saying "Abaddon is dead".

> This time being free to help the livings and delivering us the secret he knows about how we can get rid of the dragons without wiping Tyria.

But we do have something. We can replace the elder dragons. Aurene is currently our only candidate but there are other theoretical dragons that can take up the mantle too (Kuunavang and Shiny from the first game are examples). There's also that discovery of how the forgotten purified Glint, which means we can probably take other dragon champions of about her size and purify them in order to gain even more potential friendly dragons. How we'd do that is a mystery but we at least know that the ritual has been replicated once (on an orrian chicken). This one is odd because even you acknowledged the point earlier by stating Vlast was a potential elder dragon replacement, so i'm not sure why this even needed to be stated.

> @"castlemanic.3198" said:

> > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > Abaddon is dead. Confirmed in-game, confirmed by the word of god (aka Anet devs). Multiple times. He is dead.

> > >

> >

LOL! I just wanted to launch an irony to the devs. using what Konig said :). I did not want to start a debate. Again - it was a joke - sorry for not clearly stating this.

Note: Still, the debate means that Abbadon is far from being death - at least in the memory of the players.

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > @"castlemanic.3198" said:

> > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > Abaddon is dead. Confirmed in-game, confirmed by the word of god (aka Anet devs). Multiple times. He is dead.

> > > >

> > >

>

> LOL! I just wanted to launch an irony to the devs. using what Konig said :). I did not want to start a debate. Again - it was a joke - sorry for not clearly stating this.

>

> Note: Still, the debate means that Abbadon is far from being death - at least in the memory of the players.

>

There is no irony over what I said though, I'm not sure how you came to such a false conclusion. There's irony because the devs said Abaddon is dead and that the gods cannot kill the Elder Dragons? Even if that latter statement were true (it isn't), the two are in no way related.

> @"castlemanic.3198" said:

> : Through a gate that was moments ago not letting anyone out...

> Lazarus: I'd heard there was a machine here. A machine that could kill two Elder Dragons with one blow."

>

> This was the instance Lazarus was revealed to be Balthazar. So this argument falls flat because Taimi created the device, balthazar just used it.

>

> > Then we stopped him to kill Kralky

Just some small correction

Taimi is investigating the device but she did not create it.

it's Omadds Machine for a reason :)

> @"norbes.3620" said:

> > @"castlemanic.3198" said:

> > : Through a gate that was moments ago not letting anyone out...

> > Lazarus: I'd heard there was a machine here. A machine that could kill two Elder Dragons with one blow."

> >

> > This was the instance Lazarus was revealed to be Balthazar. So this argument falls flat because Taimi created the device, balthazar just used it.

> >

> > > Then we stopped him to kill Kralky

>

> Just some small correction

> Taimi is investigating the device but she did not create it.

>

> it's Omadds Machine for a reason :)

Modified the device, more than investigated it. Omadd's the one who apparently gave it root access to the Eternal Alchemy, but Taimi's the one that installed the capacity to manipulate dragon energies through that connection. Whatever she added, it's enough that even the story journal calls it Taimi's machine.

The entire transfer of power is important. Kormir had to get her power from somewhere so the idea that he is alive is possible I suppose, but we would have to see an Abaddon stripped of his powers or very close to it. He is clever and calculating and did everything for a purpose. I believe that he wanted Tyrian's to harness magic for the same reason the gods left. Something is coming and something is following them.

We know the gods fled from somewhere else before and came to Tyria bringing the human race with them and now they are fleeing, but leaving the human race behind. Something is chasing them and it seemed that Abaddon wanted to protect himself. He didn't want to run or at the very least he wanted to slow down whatever was coming after them. He is the God of Secrets and it seems his secrets were lost when he died. So the real question is...what is in the Mists and what is coming. The gods left quickly, suddenly, and left no reason why they had to leave. It was in their own self interest and honestly it seemed like it was for their survival.

I think this creature is similar to an elder dragon and consumes magic. It is drawn to the gods because they are filled with magic and they are dinner to him/her. You see the dragons consume magic and right now Kralk is making a lot of noise in the mists consuming everything and I think that is going to be a dinner bell for whatever is coming for us. It's hard to believe that there may be something worse than Kralk, but I think there is. The lore, the entire history of Tyria is pointing towards an endgame. Some huge thing that will come upset the balance of power and a creature that makes a god shake and flee for its life.

Personally I would love to see us try to escape through the mists and go to a new world possibly a new guild wars 3, though that is a ways off. New world, fresh eyes, same guild wars feel.

• 3 weeks later...

> > @"brenda.9723" said:

> > Was there not a theory that Razah might be Abaddon reborn?

>

> The theory was more that Abaddon had planned to use Razah as a vessel, since Abaddon and Razah existed at the same time.

I also figured that Razah was planned to be an avatar for Abaddon, once he acquired freedom, much like the Gods had.

> > @"brenda.9723" said:

> > Was there not a theory that Razah might be Abaddon reborn?

>

> The theory was more that Abaddon had planned to use Razah as a vessel, since Abaddon and Razah existed at the same time.

Never heard about this theory before, but I like it, it could make sense.