Please don't put Champions on top of hero points.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> It seems like such a minor thing to demand a change for.

>

Who's doing what now?

> @"Automaton.2751" said:

> I never really thought it was going to get changed just by me posting on the forums. Mainly using it as a place to vent.

I *LITERALLY* said I wasn't trying to get it changed, just venting my frustration at potentially being forced to come back or get help on a map that often has a low population. And maybe, just maybe, *if* anyone from anet actually see this, making them aware that it's bloody annoying so perhaps maybe they'll be more considerate in furutre expansions. Yes, it's an MMO but wasn't one of their big selling points "play your own way" and sometimes that means I wanna do it myself.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> or... play WvW and get some heroics which will allow you to complete the ones you can’t manage other ways.

>

Yea... I *literally* think WvW and PvP gives you cancer. The elitism and bad attitudes of a large portion of those who PvP/WvW is absolutely terrible.

And before anyone says "Well I'm not that way, I'm friendly" Yes, there are a lot of nice players too. But from my experience of every time I've played any game in a competetive environment vs other people it has been full of the most arrogant, unhelpful, beliggerant people I have ever spoken too. As such I refuse to PvP. Ever. Yes, maybe that means I can't get some stuff in this game, or have to get equivelant gear elsewhere. But that's fine. I don't want to PvP, nor do I have to. Fair play to those who do, it's just not my scene.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANet already heard you. PoF downgraded HP bosses to veterans and moved the champions over to the bounty system. It gives everyone what they wanted (except for the players who now complain about bounties - but what can you do?). If we're in agreement that they don't need to go back and fix every instance of a champion on a Hero Point (because that isn't what you're demanding, right?), then what are we even talking about? The issue has been resolved.

> @"Syrus.2174" said:

> I think ANet realized that hero points requiring a group was a bad idea, as they made all of PoF intended to be solo-able.

Or they went that route because of a vocal subset of players that don’t want to play with others and not because hero points that require more than one player was a bad idea.

Edit: They never stated it was a bad idea. I’m just pointing out that because they do something different from a previous expansion, this doesn’t mean that it was a bad idea. Otherwise, adding a new class would probably be a bad idea. Adding map metas would probably be a bad idea.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Syrus.2174" said:

> > I think ANet realized that hero points requiring a group was a bad idea, as they made all of PoF intended to be solo-able.

>

> Or they went that route because of a vocal subset of players that don’t want to play with others and not because hero points that require more than one player was a bad idea.

I think they listened to both sides, don't you? I mean, aside from the notable increase in difficulty, the only major difference between a bounty champion and an HP champion is that you don't need bounties to unlock your elite spec. It seems to me that that matters a lot to the players who took issue with HoT HP champions. But for those who just want champions to fight, what does it matter?

In fact, it's better for players who like to solo champions. PoF bounty champions have 2-3x as much health as HoT HP champions. Where you could always go tanky to trivialize HoT champions without having to worry about the timer, that is nowhere near as easy to do with PoF bounty champions. Further, the mechanics are more varied as there are simply way more of these bosses available and the randomness of unstable magic makes for interesting combinations in some encounters. All in all you get a lot more variety and much greater challenges out of the PoF bounties. If you enjoyed leading HP trains, bounty trains are a thing, too. There's really no downside that I can see here for those who enjoyed HoT HP champs.

> If we're in agreement that they don't need to go back and fix every instance of a champion on a Hero Point (because that isn't what you're demanding, right?), then what are we even talking about? The issue has been resolved.

>

See previous comment. If you'd been paying attention to the whole message instead of small portions of you you'd have seen what we're talking about

> Mainly using it as a place to vent.

>

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > It seems like such a minor thing to demand a change for.

> >

>

> Who's doing what now?

>

> > @"Automaton.2751" said:

> > I never really thought it was going to get changed just by me posting on the forums. Mainly using it as a place to vent.

>

> I *LITERALLY* said I wasn't trying to get it changed, just venting my frustration at potentially being forced to come back or get help on a map that often has a low population. And maybe, just maybe, *if* anyone from anet actually see this, making them aware that it's bloody annoying so perhaps maybe they'll be more considerate in furutre expansions. Yes, it's an MMO but wasn't one of their big selling points "play your own way" and sometimes that means I wanna do it myself.

>

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > or... play WvW and get some heroics which will allow you to complete the ones you can’t manage other ways.

> >

>

> Yea... I *literally* think WvW and PvP gives you cancer. The elitism and bad attitudes of a large portion of those who PvP/WvW is absolutely terrible.

> And before anyone says "Well I'm not that way, I'm friendly" Yes, there are a lot of nice players too. But from my experience of every time I've played any game in a competetive environment vs other people it has been full of the most arrogant, unhelpful, beliggerant people I have ever spoken too. As such I refuse to PvP. Ever. Yes, maybe that means I can't get some stuff in this game, or have to get equivelant gear elsewhere. But that's fine. I don't want to PvP, nor do I have to. Fair play to those who do, it's just not my scene.

You are not alone in disliking PvP or WvW. (Although they are inherently different game modes but I digress)

Just offering an easier way to get that map completion done. Life becomes simpler when you take advantage of solutions available to you instead of hoping for another solution being created.

And while you aren’t directly asking for a change, we know that is the desired path you wish them to take.

If I'm facing problems like the hp wich op referes to i'm asking the mapchat for help. If i'm not playing in the middle of the night always someone lend a hand ro help me out. An other option is to put on a group in the lfg tool. Works also pretty well for me on harder hp like the shroom in rata novus or the vampire. Overall imo the hp and their mobs are finde. Most can be done easiliy solo (pof is a cakewalk) some are a bit harder or need a different skill/traitsetup and a few needs helping hands from other players. Seems fair enough.

>

> ... the only major difference between a bounty champion and an HP champion is that you don't need bounties to unlock your elite spec.

Nope. Given the recurring complaints in contrast with the extra Hero Points available, a bigger difference is likely to be that Bounties are not required for map completion, but HC's are.

>But from my experience of every time I've played any game in a competetive environment vs other people it has been full of the most arrogant, unhelpful, >beliggerant people I have ever spoken too.

Those ppl are just insecure. They need a hug. You should try hugging them. With your mace . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Automaton.2751" said:

> >But from my experience of every time I've played any game in a competetive environment vs other people it has been full of the most arrogant, unhelpful, >beliggerant people I have ever spoken too.

> Those ppl are just insecure. They need a hug. You should try hugging them. With your mace . . .

haha, sound advice.

And seeing as my last post and the post that got me angry have been removed and I've now been warned by mods, I think this conversation has come to an end. As such I will ask mods to lock the post, if they can do that here, as this is no longer getting anywhere. Thanks to everyone for either giving me a place to vent my frustration or for telling me to git gud, cause that's the only response some people are capable of. It's been fun.