Kralkatorrik Size

Since this is the first Elder Dragon we get to see so close (We don't really get very close to Zhaitan and I don't think Mouth of Mordremoth actually counts, do it?) I gotta say: That thing is HUGE.

Are all Elder Dragons about the same size and do their models actually match their original concepts?

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> He's nowhere near the size I expected. Which is likely my own fault for incorrectly interpreting his size from the book and descriptions but he def felt a bit small.

In the books he's described as being the size of a small mountain range. He slept for thousands of years and was mistakenly assumed to be a mountain range. He's closer to the size of a football field. A small one.

> @"Addiction.9685" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > He's nowhere near the size I expected. Which is likely my own fault for incorrectly interpreting his size from the book and descriptions but he def felt a bit small.

>

> In the books he's described as being the size of a small mountain range. He slept for thousands of years and was mistakenly assumed to be a mountain range. He's closer to the size of a football field. A small one.

I always pictured his eyes to be bigger than us and when you see how big Jormags tooth is, I expected kralks to be even bigger.

Again prob my too high expectations, but it was disappointing

> @"Addiction.9685" said:

> > He's nowhere near the size I expected. Which is likely my own fault for incorrectly interpreting his size from the book and descriptions but he def felt a bit small.

>

> In the books he's described as being the size of a small mountain range. He slept for thousands of years and was mistakenly assumed to be a mountain range. He's closer to the size of a football field. A small one.

Mountain. Singular. Not a range, a singular mountain slash volcano.

But he's also listed as being 1,000 feet tall.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Addiction.9685" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > He's nowhere near the size I expected. Which is likely my own fault for incorrectly interpreting his size from the book and descriptions but he def felt a bit small.

> >

> > In the books he's described as being the size of a small mountain range. He slept for thousands of years and was mistakenly assumed to be a mountain range. He's closer to the size of a football field. A small one.

>

> I always pictured his eyes to be bigger than us and when you see how big Jormags tooth is, I expected kralks to be even bigger.

>

> Again prob my too high expectations, but it was disappointing

Both his eyes and some of his teeth are bigger than us.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Addiction.9685" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > He's nowhere near the size I expected. Which is likely my own fault for incorrectly interpreting his size from the book and descriptions but he def felt a bit small.

> > >

> > > In the books he's described as being the size of a small mountain range. He slept for thousands of years and was mistakenly assumed to be a mountain range. He's closer to the size of a football field. A small one.

> >

> > I always pictured his eyes to be bigger than us and when you see how big Jormags tooth is, I expected kralks to be even bigger.

> >

> > Again prob my too high expectations, but it was disappointing

>

> Both his eyes and some of his teeth are bigger than us.

His eye is about the same size as the PC, unless you're an Asura. It was smaller than I expected, by about 2-3x. But there's a limit to what's workable in the engine, probably.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > fyi OP, here is a comparison chart from the Wiki

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Elder_Dragons_size_comparison.png

> >

> >

>

> Fyi, kralky on this one has the old model (tho idk if the new one is necessarily bigger)

Fun fact, the new model is almost the exact same size as the model in Path of Fire. Maybe a tad bit bigger due to different proportions. He's 11x the size of the Shatterer! (which led to some fun conversations where some people were saying 1100x rather than 1100%. Could you imagine 1100x the shatterer? The only thing you'd see in the map would be his tooth! D:)