Graveling in Catacombs Violet Room doesn't drop any plate. [Merged]

> @"Jong.5937" said:

> tl:dr don't hang around opening hidden chests when you enter the purple room - go straight for the graveling

Doesn't help when the mechanic has already been broken for the day by someone else prior to you entering the tomb. I always go for the Graveling first, but sometimes it's already screwed up.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right about now I'm really annoyed. Yesterday my Deldrimor buff ran out because i spent over 0,5h in purple room. Missed final chest by few minutes. Today after over 45 minutes my buff ended and I never got my plate. Saying that people come in and say stuff like: "Only opener gets it. DUH!" or "You need to break CC bar" annoy me is understatement. Even worse is when they are kinda right because the guy saying that only opener gets it opened it and got that kitten plate first try. And even worse than that is fact that later i opened it alone and got nothing. Stoped counting kills after 10. Starting from tommorow I'm just gonna sell the plate and I recommend doing the same to others. When you start the plate game you risk too much imho.

> @"Susy.7529" said:

> I don't have exact numbers but I think that the number of players who will complete all weapons so soon is not that big, I actively played these days but i'm only at 4/16, on the other hand the number of people who face the Purple Room bug (which may halt progress anyway if one has not preparred a Green teleport backup) everyday is far greater imho.

> Bugs that halt progress should take prececedence but not if there's another bug that affects a larger pool of players....

If they only got the jewels from the final chest, and did it daily starting before reset on release day, they’d be able to complete that collection upon Tuesday’s reset. Those that got lucky with drops will complete it sooner. For example, I’ll be able to complete it after reset tonight. Just checked and it looks like at least one person was even luckier with drops and has it completed.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Susy.7529" said:

> > I don't have exact numbers but I think that the number of players who will complete all weapons so soon is not that big, I actively played these days but i'm only at 4/16, on the other hand the number of people who face the Purple Room bug (which may halt progress anyway if one has not preparred a Green teleport backup) everyday is far greater imho.

> > Bugs that halt progress should take prececedence but not if there's another bug that affects a larger pool of players....

>

> If they only got the jewels from the final chest, and did it daily starting before reset on release day, they’d be able to complete that collection upon Tuesday’s reset. Those that got lucky with drops will complete it sooner. For example, I’ll be able to complete it after reset tonight. Just checked and it looks like at least one person was even luckier with drops and has it completed.

I think getting 2560 (if I did maths right) Branded Masses is way more boring and annoying than 48 Serpentine Jewels, you have to repeatedly complete hearts and/or map completion on multimple characters.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Susy.7529" said:

> > > I don't have exact numbers but I think that the number of players who will complete all weapons so soon is not that big, I actively played these days but i'm only at 4/16, on the other hand the number of people who face the Purple Room bug (which may halt progress anyway if one has not preparred a Green teleport backup) everyday is far greater imho.

> > > Bugs that halt progress should take prececedence but not if there's another bug that affects a larger pool of players....

> >

> > If they only got the jewels from the final chest, and did it daily starting before reset on release day, they’d be able to complete that collection upon Tuesday’s reset. Those that got lucky with drops will complete it sooner. For example, I’ll be able to complete it after reset tonight. Just checked and it looks like at least one person was even luckier with drops and has it completed.

>

> I think getting 2560 (if I did maths right) Branded Masses is way more boring and annoying than 48 Serpentine Jewels, you have to repeatedly complete hearts and/or map completion on multimple characters.

It’s 860 for just exotics or 3,360 for all ascended too. You were probably referring to what was needed for just ascended which is 2,400 (100 to start the achievements and 50 again for the inscription). I totally agree that grinding out those hearts is very very very boring. I don’t want to touch those hearts ever again.

> > tl:dr don't hang around opening hidden chests when you enter the purple room - go straight for the graveling

>

> Doesn't help when the mechanic has already been broken for the day by someone else prior to you entering the tomb. I always go for the Graveling first, but sometimes it's already screwed up.

The evidence shows that isn't how the bug works. There is no "broken for the day."

Every single theory I've seen proposed has had at least one counter example proving it incorrect. As @"Gop.8713" has done, I've given up trying to figure it out; it's probably a combination of factors. Sure some things seem to make it worse, but there's nothing that one can do to avoid running into it. People in fresh maps sometimes can't get it solo; more than one person has gotten a plate within the same group of Graveling slayers.

Fortunately, _everyone_ can take advantage of the work-around: getting a port to green room _before_ attempting any of the current cycle's three official rooms.

tl;dr arrange your port first, then get the buff from the dwarf, take the port to the green room

(and hope that Taimi has some time to turn her attention to fixing this bug)

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Susy.7529" said:

> > > > I don't have exact numbers but I think that the number of players who will complete all weapons so soon is not that big, I actively played these days but i'm only at 4/16, on the other hand the number of people who face the Purple Room bug (which may halt progress anyway if one has not preparred a Green teleport backup) everyday is far greater imho.

> > > > Bugs that halt progress should take prececedence but not if there's another bug that affects a larger pool of players....

> > >

> > > If they only got the jewels from the final chest, and did it daily starting before reset on release day, they’d be able to complete that collection upon Tuesday’s reset. Those that got lucky with drops will complete it sooner. For example, I’ll be able to complete it after reset tonight. Just checked and it looks like at least one person was even luckier with drops and has it completed.

> >

> > I think getting 2560 (if I did maths right) Branded Masses is way more boring and annoying than 48 Serpentine Jewels, you have to repeatedly complete hearts and/or map completion on multimple characters.

>

> It’s 860 for just exotics or 3,360 for all ascended too. You were probably referring to what was needed for just ascended which is 2,400 (100 to start the achievements and 50 again for the inscription). I totally agree that grinding out those hearts is very very very boring. I don’t want to touch those hearts ever again.

Yeah I was referring to the price to start achievements, it'll be a long process...well at least I have something to do before next living episode.

Btw it's 60 for every exotic weapon plus 100 to start its achi, thus 160*16=2560, am I wrong?

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Susy.7529" said:

> > > > > I don't have exact numbers but I think that the number of players who will complete all weapons so soon is not that big, I actively played these days but i'm only at 4/16, on the other hand the number of people who face the Purple Room bug (which may halt progress anyway if one has not preparred a Green teleport backup) everyday is far greater imho.

> > > > > Bugs that halt progress should take prececedence but not if there's another bug that affects a larger pool of players....

> > > >

> > > > If they only got the jewels from the final chest, and did it daily starting before reset on release day, they’d be able to complete that collection upon Tuesday’s reset. Those that got lucky with drops will complete it sooner. For example, I’ll be able to complete it after reset tonight. Just checked and it looks like at least one person was even luckier with drops and has it completed.

> > >

> > > I think getting 2560 (if I did maths right) Branded Masses is way more boring and annoying than 48 Serpentine Jewels, you have to repeatedly complete hearts and/or map completion on multimple characters.

> >

> > It’s 860 for just exotics or 3,360 for all ascended too. You were probably referring to what was needed for just ascended which is 2,400 (100 to start the achievements and 50 again for the inscription). I totally agree that grinding out those hearts is very very very boring. I don’t want to touch those hearts ever again.

>

> Yeah I was referring to the price to start achievements, it'll be a long process...well at least I have something to do before next living episode.

> Btw it's 60 for every exotic weapon plus 100 to start its achi, thus 160*16=2560, am I wrong?

You’re correct with that total by combining what’s needed for exotics and what’s needed for the first part of the ascended weapons.

> @"Kreejaffa.3682" said:

> I had a issue like this earlier. I had to kill that stupid vet 4 times to get the next plate.

4 times is nothing. Yesterday i had to kill it **17** times before the plate dropped. Others after said they relogged and got it right away, but i'd be worried that the buff would disappear.

Okay, this has been happening for the whole time this episode has been out now, but if there are ANY more than 1 person in the room killing the Veteran Graveling Stalker, the plate almost never drops. Also, if anyone has the plate that was dropped and refuses to leave the room, the plate never drops again. This happened tonight in the map I was leading for both metas. I had been assisting new folks with getting achievements, completing events, and when we got to the tomb raid part of the day, the Purple Room Graveling took 35 minutes to drop a plate. There were folks trolling and griefing the entire population by not leaving the room after their plate had dropped, forcing all of us to have to wait. Light Of Deldrimor only lasts 30 minutes. This makes the final room completely worthless, since the serpentine jewels are locked in the LOD-required chest. No LOD -> no chest. And before all the jumpers-on lash out with "use a mesmer with a portal," that should NEVER be the go-to resort for anything that can be done alone. As it was, there were no mesmers online until well after our LOD buff expired. Since the plate took way too long to drop, I lost out on my daily jewels, the achievement collection for that room, and most importantly, lost the respect of those I was leading trying to help them get their achievements started up. You cannot re-up the LOD buff, (which would help out IMMEASURABLY in this instance) and it is only once a day that you can do anything, even if you were to procure a new plate from the Trading Post. I hope to see a fix in which the graveling drops a plate client-side much like the Ley Energy bundles in the "Stop the Inquest from acquiring Ley Energy" current events. That way everyone who needs tomb raider can be able to get their next step with minimal issue.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> **Finally**:

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66349/an-update-about-episode-5

the way the dev description it was not my experience, how i see it, the problem is caused by 2 factors

1. plate drop is completely random for the players in the room, so if you are lucky you can get it on the first kill

2. plate will not drop if someone that got a plate stays in the room

yesterday i went in and i was the only one, got it on the first try

other days were nightmares... ?

> @"Firion Corodix.4510" said:

> This happend to me too, but thankfully somebody in the area knew how to fix it. **You won't get a plate drop as long as somebody who already has the drop is still in the room. Those people need to leave in order for others to get the drop.**

This is the problem. And now people have started to linger around with their plate on the back in the room so that no one else gets it.

It's a griefer's paradise now. And no word from Anet on this. Awful.

> @"darksome.1697" said:

> > @"Firion Corodix.4510" said:

> > This happend to me too, but thankfully somebody in the area knew how to fix it. **You won't get a plate drop as long as somebody who already has the drop is still in the room. Those people need to leave in order for others to get the drop.**

>

> This is the problem. And now people have started to linger around with their plate on the back in the room so that no one else gets it.

> It's a griefer's paradise now.

I lost more than half my buff tonight because of griefing. An easy change would be to make it possible to refresh the LoD at the NPC until all of the bugs can be fixed. There's also a bug where the hidden chest in the back room of the sauna room cannot be discovered with the LoD because it's in a small corner where the LoD won't work. There was about 6 of us trying it but no one could get the chest to appear.

> @"smiling.9028" said:

> I lost more than half my buff tonight because of griefing. An easy change would be to make it possible to refresh the LoD at the NPC until all of the bugs can be fixed. There's also a bug where the hidden chest in the back room of the sauna room cannot be discovered with the LoD because it's in a small corner where the LoD won't work. There was about 6 of us trying it but no one could get the chest to appear.

Right now, it's still easy to change maps, which you can do without losing progress.

To avoid the Graveling bug, arrange a port to the green room. To avoid the Sauna placement issue, swap maps; you can still get into Sauna area (and it usually will be in a different spot).

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66349/an-update-about-episode-5#latest

tl;dr anet's not only aware of the issues, they are working on a fix

meantime, there is already a solid work-around:

* Arrange for a port **before** you get the LoD buff

* Exchange your plate item with the ghost dwarf

* Take the port, grab your green room treasure.

* Do the rest of the puzzle at your leisure.

there's a thread already dedicated to this issue, dont make a brand new thread to vent your frustration so everyone can see it

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/804312

I go to treasure room every day without need of mesmer, what i observed the chance of plate drop are based on these 2 factors

1. plate drop is completely random for the players in the room, so if you are lucky you can get it on the first kill

2. plate will not drop if someone that got a plate stays in the room

if you are the only person in the room, you should get the plate on the first try; this was the only condition i experienced getting the plate on the first kill

> @"Nightmare.1234" said:

> this bug can lead to some serious trolling if people stay in the room after they got the drop as it wont spawn till they leave the room, I just keep explaining the issue to people in map chat till it gets fixed. also try not overcrowd the room as it can lower the drop chance for people that been in there for a long time or find a quite time of the day or when a meta event on to go in. ive been doing my Mesmer duties portaling people into the next room if I get the drop and they been in a while so other mesmers do the same till this fixed

too bad, today I've met one...sigh....it ends up I'm the one who be told I'm meddling other people's business. sigh...