Cut content from episode

I'd be too. Whilst it doesn't feel like any content was cut (maybe an instance as the story was unusually short), the map def has a big drop in things going on like events and map stories that Jahai was highly commended for.

Was there a reason to change to a more event-lite map? Most of the ls4 maps have had plenty of stand alone mini stories. This one not so much and perhaps felt magnified by the size of the map itself.

Zojja was going to show up with Malyck and lead us to his tree, which has been protecting a previously unknown dragon egg (of which Zojja is trying to hatch using new technology she's been developing in her recovery). The tree's avatar also would have shown us a vision revealing the DSD true identity, but it was all ultimately cut for pulling attention away from the looming Kralk threat.

> @"Svennis.3852" said:

> Zojja was going to show up with Malyck and lead us to his tree, which has been protecting a previously unknown dragon egg (of which Zojja is trying to hatch using new technology she's been developing in her recovery). The tree's avatar also would have shown us a vision revealing the DSD true identity, but it was all ultimately cut for pulling attention away from the looming Kralk threat.

I have a vague feeling that whatever research was planned to have Zojja do/perform, was shoved unto Taimi’s plate. Just a hunch

• ArenaNet Staff

Oh my goodness where do I begin!

* Originally there was a third meta where you and Jalis would fight off gravelings but this turned into the Catacomb puzzles.

* Frodak was originally Kilroy but we didn't have access to the VO actor

* Dragonbloods spears didn't always pierce!

* The Wrathbringer was originally suppose to be in the final instance as well but he didn't play nice with the environment

* In the final instance there was this elaborate hallway part where you would start interacting with the dwarven halls defense mechanisms to take out brand and wound Kralk

* We originally had a concept that the Branded Djinn in the final instance would come back as a Death Branded Djinn but we just didn't have enough resources to get that model so we replaced with with Death Branded Centaurs.

* We originally wanted to create a fun collection where the player could take "photos" of creatures and store them in their "index" :) One of Charlie E's pet projects.

* Olaf and Elaf were originally the ones throwing artifacts around in the Priory Heart but narrative talked me off the edge and convinced me that it didn't make a lick of sense.

* I originally pitched the idea of a collection where we wanted to find the rest of the pieces of Rhoban because we already found the thumb but it didn't really fit thematically and it really didn't make sense for his pieces to be here.

* Caithe was originally suppose to be involved in the Keep meta but that would introduce major spoilers just from seeing her so we decided that we had to cut her from the open world.

That's just off the top of my head :)

> @"Clayton Kisko.5207" said:

> * I originally pitched the idea of a collection where we wanted to find the rest of the pieces of Rhoban because we already found the thumb but it didn't really fit thematically and it really didn't make sense for his pieces to be here.

Next 'current events' quest, please! B)

The photo collection also sounds fun.

> * I originally pitched the idea of a collection where we wanted to find the rest of the pieces of Rhoban because we already found the thumb but it didn't really fit thematically and it really didn't make sense for his pieces to be here.

Rytlock has the pieces, he keeps them with the rest of the stuff he's got from the Fire Islands

I always love reading about cut content or development processes. Most fun parts of playing video games, imo.

> * We originally had a concept that the Branded Djinn in the final instance would come back as a Death Branded Djinn but we just didn't have enough resources to get that model so we replaced with with Death Branded Centaurs.

I thought Braham's line about "remember when things you killed stayed dead?" was odd since the only different named mobs after that burst of Zhaitan magic seemed to be the death-branded centaurs, and we didn't kill any (death-)branded centaurs before then...

Perhaps using some Death-Branded Devourers / Lieutenants from earlier in the season would have made the line more logical while keeping the line. -shrug- Shame no death-branded djinn. Would have been interesting.

> * We originally wanted to create a fun collection where the player could take "photos" of creatures and store them in their "index" :) One of Charlie E's pet projects.

These two things should 100% be Side Story content that requires both HoT and PoF, imo. A trip to Ember Bay and Draconis Mons, Desert Highlands and Thunderhead Peak, to collect the pieces of Rhoban and find a way to heal him (or just have him show up "whole" in the future, as a head sitting on a pile of oddly specifically shaped rocks).

I believe anything that gets cut for reasons of "not enough time / resources" should be put into a list for viewing as potential Side Story content. Side Story stuff is great since it gives players reasons to go back into old areas, and it cleans up loose threads. It'd also be a good way to make content that is cross-expansions, too, since it's all side content.

• ArenaNet Staff

> Oh my goodness where do I begin!

>

> * Originally there was a third meta where you and Jalis would fight off gravelings but this turned into the Catacomb puzzles.

> * Frodak was originally Kilroy but we didn't have access to the VO actor

> * Dragonbloods spears didn't always pierce!

> * The Wrathbringer was originally suppose to be in the final instance as well but he didn't play nice with the environment

> * In the final instance there was this elaborate hallway part where you would start interacting with the dwarven halls defense mechanisms to take out brand and wound Kralk

> * We originally had a concept that the Branded Djinn in the final instance would come back as a Death Branded Djinn but we just didn't have enough resources to get that model so we replaced with with Death Branded Centaurs.

> * We originally wanted to create a fun collection where the player could take "photos" of creatures and store them in their "index" :) One of Charlie E's pet projects.

> * Olaf and Elaf were originally the ones throwing artifacts around in the Priory Heart but narrative talked me off the edge and convinced me that it didn't make a lick of sense.

> * Caithe was originally suppose to be involved in the Keep meta but that would introduce major spoilers just from seeing her so we decided that we had to cut her from the open world.

>

> That's just off the top of my head :)

Don't forget about the Logan/Canach/Rytlock love triangle subplot that was too beautiful for the world to experience.

(Kidding...or _am_ I?)