Dragonsblood Weapon Requirements

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> A question I've seen asked elsewhere but have not seen an answer to: does the Dwarven Tomb stuff reset at daily reset or on its own timer since completion? It would be very annoying to waste the Light on chests that won't give up the jewels because you opened them 3 hours earlier even if daily reset has just happened.

Based on my experiences it resets at daily reset.

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > The grind in this latest update is real.. ???

> >

> > True, more than half of this stories AP is behind grinding for the dragon blood weapons lol

>

> at least good thing we don't need to craft asc weapon for ap.

not really a good thing, feels incomplete to not have a collection for those.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > > The grind in this latest update is real.. ???

> > >

> > > True, more than half of this stories AP is behind grinding for the dragon blood weapons lol

> >

> > at least good thing we don't need to craft asc weapon for ap.

>

> not really a good thing, feels incomplete to not have a collection for those.

I mean, do you wish to spend like 1600g for another possibly 16 ap ? Actualy... don't answer that...

I know im glad there isnt one for them, since i would have 0 use for those acended weapons. They would just clog my bank/bank character.

The basic DragonBlood collections though, that one is great!

Now that I have finally crafted my first three weapons, I fully understand the system and can live with the laurels requirement, even though I am back at 0 again. ;) I really thought the ascended ones would require a recipe each and thus would take me an eternity to finish the collection if I wanted to. Fortunately, that is not the case. :)

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781": Great summary, by the way! :+1:

Upside, the cost is distributed among multiple resources. It's almost as though people pretend like Laurels have no value, or the gold cost to vendor or the time spent farming branded materials and jewels. That's not even getting into the amount of Bloodstone Dust, Empyreal Fragment and Dragonite Ore required (8,000 of each if going for the entire ascended skins). Sure that might not be an issue to veterans, it is a ton of materials for new players (which granted get access to a cheap ascended weapon per Vision Crystal).

Downside, the time it takes to get all the achievements and skins is significantly higher than the last collection, even if only considering getting the exotic set of weapons (which prevents you from getting the majority of AP for this episode).

Still I personally find it more enjoyable. The grind is nice and varied and the Light of Deldrimor implementation is currently in favor of people because the prices keep dropping. This will turn around obviously once the map falls out of favor (unlike last maps collection which should drop in prices as less people play the map and episode). In short: less people complaining on the forums while still big amounts of gold get drained from the economy via the TP. Win-Win I guess, except for the people who don't want to grind.

I started with my first exotic Dragonsblood Weapon yesterday. It's boring to just craft the Weapons, but I really like the idea to work for the Vision-Item for the Ascended Weapon. In fact, a while ago I thought about the idea of having longterm achievements, kinda like the "Kill xxx creatures with that weapon", but based on professions. Something like "Remove 1.000 Boons as Spellbreaker" or "Grant 10,000,000 Points of Barrier as Scourge".

I will craft all the exotic Weapons and will do all the achievements for the Vision-Item, because I enjoy the task. But I will refuse to spend hundreds of Gold for items I dont like. It's not worth my time and no fun at all.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> The laurel cost for each exotic weapon recipe.

In effect, that's the laurel cost for the ascended (we just have to pay upfront rather than later on, since there's no cost when learning the ascended recipe after completing the relevant quests).

In other words, for the price of the ascended weapon recipe, we get (after collection) the exotic recipe included.

Which makes it a bargain compared to many HoT stat recipes (pay for both).

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > The laurel cost for each exotic weapon recipe.

> In effect, that's the laurel cost for the ascended (we just have to pay upfront rather than later on, since there's no cost when learning the ascended recipe after completing the relevant quests).

>

> In other words, for the price of the ascended weapon recipe, we get (after collection) the exotic recipe included.

>

> Which makes it a bargain compared to many HoT stat recipes (pay for both).

>

Is it?

Most expensive exotic minstrel weapon recipe is 3s17c, trailblazer 1s93c, wanderer 8s97c, vigilant 59s81c, viper 2s22c, commander 4g43s

At current prices the 500 volatile magic for the exotic diviner's recipe is 1g95s and then there is the value of the laurels

As for ascended ... minstrel 19s71, trailblazer 11s58, wanderer 19s75c, vigilant 1g11c, viper 14s78c, commander 13g80

The ascended diviner's cost is a bit more complicated 5g to unlock for the chasing tales item if you want the dragon's blood version but you can also get the recipe for the normal version which is another 1g95s + 5 laurel. If you compare this to **core** stats which also cost laurels this means each heroic dragonsblood skin is only a couple gold each which is not bad(compared to what you would have to pay for something like one of the lightward weapon skins, sunscythe, etc).

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > The laurel cost for each exotic weapon recipe.

> > In effect, that's the laurel cost for the ascended (we just have to pay upfront rather than later on, since there's no cost when learning the ascended recipe after completing the relevant quests).

> >

> > In other words, for the price of the ascended weapon recipe, we get (after collection) the exotic recipe included.

> >

> > Which makes it a bargain compared to many HoT stat recipes (pay for both).

> >

>

> Is it?

>

> Most expensive exotic minstrel weapon recipe is 3s17c, trailblazer 1s93c, wanderer 8s97c, vigilant 59s81c, viper 2s22c, commander 4g43s

> At current prices the 500 volatile magic for the exotic diviner's recipe is 1g95s and then there is the value of the laurels

>

> As for ascended ... minstrel 19s71, trailblazer 11s58, wanderer 19s75c, vigilant 1g11c, viper 14s78c, commander 13g80

> The ascended diviner's cost is a bit more complicated 5g to unlock for the chasing tales item if you want the dragon's blood version but you can also get the recipe for the normal version which is another 1g95s + 5 laurel. If you compare this to **core** stats which also cost laurels this means each heroic dragonsblood skin is only a couple gold each which is not bad(compared to what you would have to pay for something like one of the lightward weapon skins, sunscythe, etc).

I was talking about the cost of unlocking the recipes, not the skins. The previous poster complained that 3 laurels was a lot to pay for exotic, which it is, but since it ultimately also unlocks ascended, 3 laurels doesn't seem that bad.

None of this is really a fair comparison for a variety of reasons:

* Crafting exotic dragonsblood weapons unlocks a skin; crafting exotics with other stats usually does not.

* To actually unlock the dragonsblood ascended recipe also requires expending coin & other resources.

* And crafting the heroic version unlocks yet another recipe.

So an apples:apples comparison isn't possible in terms of breaking down the costs.