Changes to Istan Meta Farming (Discussion)

I have a brilliant idea, why not just add all of the map metas to the daily event cycle...that'll solve part of the problem. Oh, and I haven't done Istan since...2 or 3 months after it was out. I usually move from map to map as the episodes are released and play those, if not just following the guild around doing what ever.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are not people buying as much gem as before? right? The profits fell, right? What to do? Force them to put money, obviously.

Anet, do you believe the other maps will be fuller? Big mistake, you know why? Because the events are boring and time consuming is huge,

you created boring maps and now want to force people to stay in them? Misleading, what will happen is that people will evade and when

they see something new and interesting, they will come back. Simple.

Want to have steady profit in a b2p game mode? Implement the monthly payment, it's easier, WoW and FFXIV have this model and their

community is strong. Nothing, absolute nothing justifies these changes, but whatever, the game is yours and you do what you want with it.

From now on, I will tell to all my friends, Anet is like any other game company: the only things that matter is money, profit ( "shiny, shny"). Good Luck for you Anet.

PS: I have to finish Aurora, but I wait until another decent farm map comes out, for now lets play another games. o/ o/ o/

> @"Lazanyeah.7014" said:

> So as I see that the Arenanet is commanding its player base about how they should play and enjoy their game. Pathetic.. With all these changes I can clearly say that only enjoyable map of the PoF is going to be dead..

> Sandwept: 32slot bag, some smoothie avocados and no more..

> Kourna: Get your beetle and never see that map again

> Jahai: Only for Shatterer 2.0 betweem AB and DS

> Thunderpeaks: Too early to write somethings

> Istan: Everyday and every night whenever you want there are always people and community there..

>

> FAREWELL BOB..

I actually question your _"Every day there people and community there"_... **There are people doing Palawan and Great Hall**. That's it.

You don't find people wanting to do anything else on that map. Trying to get bounties done there is as much as a chore as any other living story map. That when you don't get yelled by some angry commander because some of his 50/50 squad couldn't get into the map because your 5-10man tagged up group is doing something else.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > > @"Empanda.4617" said:

> > > So ok I understand why you'd want to nerf istan but I'd just like to say Anet, you released the new chapter, full of bugs and crashes. You haven't fixed THAT yet, but you want to change istan, a map grind that people actually enjoy. Now its hard not to be salty about this after experiencing the new chapter and all the bugs, glitches and crashes. Are you POSITIVE, you want to change istan before you fix that new map and story instances where people can get stuck in rocks and crystals in the story instances, dwarven plates don't drop all the time or drop multiple time for the same person messing it up for the other players who need it? Are you POSITIVE you want to change it before you change the fact that you've released broken material that you expect us to be ok with? Like don't get me wrong the istan grind is OP, but at least its not SO broken it's not enjoyable like the new map is. I think you should look at the bad broken map and story you've released before dislocating hundreds of players from their happy grinding area. Now as a coder I know its not that simple, but as a player I have to say this isn't the best way to make your players happy at the moment.

> > >

> > > I know this may not be the most popular opinion either.

> >

> > This 1000000x. Some of the bugs are just unacceptable, especially given the lack of response to certain bugs (I'm starting to think the DB weapon issues will never be resolved). And I think it's a shame that someone has to tag their posts with "I know this may not be the most popular opinion". Like, why is that? Because the player base is largely just as apathetic as ANet about the game's issues because they're jaded by years of bugs? Whatever. It's sad to see anyone discussing Istan when the latest content is simply not in order.

> >

>

> So a bug that exists for hardly 2 weeks makes you think it will never get fixed? Something they can't just activate a switch on that will magically fix it? Really? They've acknowledged several of the bugs and they're working on them. This is useless doomsaying though.

>

>

Actually, that was hyperbole, but since you asked: It's within the real of possibility. What evidence do you have that the bugs will be fixed? If so, which bugs, and why? The bugged features I'm concerned about were demonstrated prior to release (see: Youtube). Also, some of the broken features are actually basic (missing infusion slots? i'm actually genuinely puzzled). There was definitely time to promote this release, just not time to adequately test it I guess.

I am glad you feel the devs making a "Post ur Bugs here" forum that they barely respond to means they've acknowledged and are working on issues. I don't feel that way. I'm also impressed that you're into bugged releases, waiting around, and stalking devs across the forums to keep up to date. Perhaps you fall in to the category of players I described in my previous post? How long exactly should we wait? And by which metrics are you deciding on your suggestion?

It took me two weeks to make this comment and that's still jumping the gun. Like I said....whatever.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"Lazanyeah.7014" said:

> > So as I see that the Arenanet is commanding its player base about how they should play and enjoy their game. Pathetic.. With all these changes I can clearly say that only enjoyable map of the PoF is going to be dead..

> > Sandwept: 32slot bag, some smoothie avocados and no more..

> > Kourna: Get your beetle and never see that map again

> > Jahai: Only for Shatterer 2.0 betweem AB and DS

> > Thunderpeaks: Too early to write somethings

> > Istan: Everyday and every night whenever you want there are always people and community there..

> >

> > FAREWELL BOB..

>

> I actually question your _"Every day there people and community there"_... **There are people doing Palawan and Great Hall**. That's it.

>

> You don't find people wanting to do anything else on that map. Trying to get bounties done there is as much as a chore as any other living story map. That when you don't get yelled by some angry commander because some of his 50/50 squad couldn't get into the map because your 5-10man tagged up group is doing something else.

Now you can do all bounty you want, enjoy and have all fun.

> @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > > > @"Empanda.4617" said:

> > > > So ok I understand why you'd want to nerf istan but I'd just like to say Anet, you released the new chapter, full of bugs and crashes. You haven't fixed THAT yet, but you want to change istan, a map grind that people actually enjoy. Now its hard not to be salty about this after experiencing the new chapter and all the bugs, glitches and crashes. Are you POSITIVE, you want to change istan before you fix that new map and story instances where people can get stuck in rocks and crystals in the story instances, dwarven plates don't drop all the time or drop multiple time for the same person messing it up for the other players who need it? Are you POSITIVE you want to change it before you change the fact that you've released broken material that you expect us to be ok with? Like don't get me wrong the istan grind is OP, but at least its not SO broken it's not enjoyable like the new map is. I think you should look at the bad broken map and story you've released before dislocating hundreds of players from their happy grinding area. Now as a coder I know its not that simple, but as a player I have to say this isn't the best way to make your players happy at the moment.

> > > >

> > > > I know this may not be the most popular opinion either.

> > >

> > > This 1000000x. Some of the bugs are just unacceptable, especially given the lack of response to certain bugs (I'm starting to think the DB weapon issues will never be resolved). And I think it's a shame that someone has to tag their posts with "I know this may not be the most popular opinion". Like, why is that? Because the player base is largely just as apathetic as ANet about the game's issues because they're jaded by years of bugs? Whatever. It's sad to see anyone discussing Istan when the latest content is simply not in order.

> > >

> >

> > So a bug that exists for hardly 2 weeks makes you think it will never get fixed? Something they can't just activate a switch on that will magically fix it? Really? They've acknowledged several of the bugs and they're working on them. This is useless doomsaying though.

> >

> >

>

> Actually, that was hyperbole, but since you asked: It's within the real of possibility. What evidence do you have that the bugs will be fixed? If so, which bugs, and why? The bugged features I'm concerned about were demonstrated prior to release (see: Youtube). Also, some of the broken features are actually basic (missing infusion slots? i'm actually genuinely puzzled). There was definitely time to promote this release, just not time to adequately test it I guess.

>

> I am glad you feel the devs making a "Post ur Bugs here" forum that they barely respond to means they've acknowledged and are working on issues. I don't feel that way. I'm also impressed that you're into bugged releases, waiting around, and stalking devs across the forums to keep up to date. Perhaps you fall in to the category of players I described in my previous post? How long exactly should we wait? And by which metrics are you deciding on your suggestion?

>

> It took me two weeks to make this comment and that's still jumping the gun. Like I said....whatever.

>

I can't talk about the bugs because I've not encountered any yet. I don't have an issue with the dwarven plate, neither with the weapons because I haven't started those yet.

If that was a clumsy attempt at insulting me, I don't care I'm not going to read that other post.

Why I think it will be fixed? Because that's how it goes. Most of the time these things get shipped on patch day, so it might be fixed this week already. Plus it's an issue that a majority of players simply do not have, either because they haven't started it or don't encounter it. I can assume that they will fix it in a timely fashion because that's how it's been in the past and what would be in the interest of the company.

One thing that Istan accomplished was to bring the leather prices down to a reasonable level ... tho still higher than any other T6 mat. This is something that was not able to accomplish. Lake Doric helped a bit. For those who need a history lesson ... when HoT was released, Anet adjusted leather 4 different ways, by increasing the need for leather in a few areas and decreasing drop rates. (This is when the patches were introduced to crafting.) The result was leather prices skyrocketed. The math was flawed. In a short time T6 leather went up to over 1g 75s a piece for cured hardened leather. For the longest time Anet refused to admit the error, let alone do anything about it. When Lake Doric came, the creative players we GW2 players are figured out the 'turret farm' there. Well, that didn't go over too well. However, leather prices came down to around 1g -ish. It wasn't until Istan that T6 leather came down to the price we have today. Still too high when you look at Ancient Wood Plank @ 4s 34c and Cured Hardened Leather @ 36s 93c.

So for those who are celebrating the forthcoming halt to mad Istan farming, I'm just saying ... leather is going to go back up and that will hurt everyone who is not a hoarder or already rich (i.e. about 75 % of the population). If leather prices increase, that effects a lot. All the blue and green drops in the world will not make up for the difference. Admittedly, in some other areas prices have gotten badly skewed as a result of Istan mega farmers but hopefully, Istan farming will con't in some form. It's a good way for players, esp. newer players, to make money that they can then reinvest into the game. If players can buy some things with money they made in game, that usually free's them up to use real money to buy other things. You feel justified to do so. But if players struggle to make money in game, they are less likely to bring out that credit card for they pretty new mount skin when they can't even afford to craft their ascended gear yet. Just a thought.

One final comment which has already been iterated ... having yet another daily. Another task already scheduled, must do and try to do when others are doing it before I can actually do what I want to do in game. Ugh! As it is now, if I want to grind Istan for 8 hrs a day, 5 days straight then not go back there for a month ... I can. After the next content update, I cannot. I will have yet another task on my personal 'honey-do' list of things to do before actually having fun. Oh well, that being said, this is still an awesome game, awesome developers. We have a team of developers and staff who love this game and it shows. I thank you all! (even if I do get salty at times lol).

> @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > @"Empanda.4617" said:

> > > > So ok I understand why you'd want to nerf istan but I'd just like to say Anet, you released the new chapter, full of bugs and crashes. You haven't fixed THAT yet, but you want to change istan, a map grind that people actually enjoy. Now its hard not to be salty about this after experiencing the new chapter and all the bugs, glitches and crashes. Are you POSITIVE, you want to change istan before you fix that new map and story instances where people can get stuck in rocks and crystals in the story instances, dwarven plates don't drop all the time or drop multiple time for the same person messing it up for the other players who need it? Are you POSITIVE you want to change it before you change the fact that you've released broken material that you expect us to be ok with? Like don't get me wrong the istan grind is OP, but at least its not SO broken it's not enjoyable like the new map is. I think you should look at the bad broken map and story you've released before dislocating hundreds of players from their happy grinding area. Now as a coder I know its not that simple, but as a player I have to say this isn't the best way to make your players happy at the moment.

> > > >

> > > > I know this may not be the most popular opinion either.

> > >

> > > This 1000000x. Some of the bugs are just unacceptable, especially given the lack of response to certain bugs (I'm starting to think the DB weapon issues will never be resolved). And I think it's a shame that someone has to tag their posts with "I know this may not be the most popular opinion". Like, why is that? Because the player base is largely just as apathetic as ANet about the game's issues because they're jaded by years of bugs? Whatever. It's sad to see anyone discussing Istan when the latest content is simply not in order.

> > >

> >

> > So a bug that exists for hardly 2 weeks makes you think it will never get fixed? Something they can't just activate a switch on that will magically fix it? Really? They've acknowledged several of the bugs and they're working on them. This is useless doomsaying though.

> >

> >

>

> Actually, that was hyperbole, but since you asked: It's within the real of possibility. What evidence do you have that the bugs will be fixed? If so, which bugs, and why?

Ouch ... that's harsh. We know bugs get fixed. Which ones? Just speculation but the ones that are most harmful to the game most likely. I mean, lets not talk like Anet just lets bugs just linger around.

It'll get people to rotate around metas for optimal gains as opposed to sitting in one place. It's a reasonable change. The farm wasn't about the loot so much as the volatile magic used for the crates, which is inferred to be buffed.

Probably not enough to make the people who ran it 24/7 happy but anyone with a lick of sense knew it was coming sooner or later. If Anet could buff the other PoF metas (the Vabbi one in particular) and the other LW ones to offer more lucrative gains, we're golden.

The latest map is a good place to get easy volatile magic, decent meta, dwarven and hidden chests give decent returns, and if the next one has a similar meta farm as Istan did (which is usually what heralds these nerfs/buffs) this is all just par the course.

Sky isn't falling down.

> @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> Probably not enough to make the people who ran it 24/7 happy but anyone with a lick of sense knew it was coming sooner or later. If Anet could buff the other PoF metas (the Vabbi one in particular) and the other LW ones to offer more lucrative gains, we're golden.

People been asking for better rewards for incentive to do Serpent's Ire and Maws of Torment for a while now to no avail... Maws of Torment and Junundu Rising are even worse than Serpent's Ire because they don't even have a timer so it's hard to get a group going unless you already have people on the map to do it (For SI you can at least prepare prior the event).

I don't really expect those metas to get buffed anytime soon tbh...

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > > > > @"Empanda.4617" said:

> > > > > So ok I understand why you'd want to nerf istan but I'd just like to say Anet, you released the new chapter, full of bugs and crashes. You haven't fixed THAT yet, but you want to change istan, a map grind that people actually enjoy. Now its hard not to be salty about this after experiencing the new chapter and all the bugs, glitches and crashes. Are you POSITIVE, you want to change istan before you fix that new map and story instances where people can get stuck in rocks and crystals in the story instances, dwarven plates don't drop all the time or drop multiple time for the same person messing it up for the other players who need it? Are you POSITIVE you want to change it before you change the fact that you've released broken material that you expect us to be ok with? Like don't get me wrong the istan grind is OP, but at least its not SO broken it's not enjoyable like the new map is. I think you should look at the bad broken map and story you've released before dislocating hundreds of players from their happy grinding area. Now as a coder I know its not that simple, but as a player I have to say this isn't the best way to make your players happy at the moment.

> > > > >

> > > > > I know this may not be the most popular opinion either.

> > > >

> > > > This 1000000x. Some of the bugs are just unacceptable, especially given the lack of response to certain bugs (I'm starting to think the DB weapon issues will never be resolved). And I think it's a shame that someone has to tag their posts with "I know this may not be the most popular opinion". Like, why is that? Because the player base is largely just as apathetic as ANet about the game's issues because they're jaded by years of bugs? Whatever. It's sad to see anyone discussing Istan when the latest content is simply not in order.

> > > >

> > >

> > > So a bug that exists for hardly 2 weeks makes you think it will never get fixed? Something they can't just activate a switch on that will magically fix it? Really? They've acknowledged several of the bugs and they're working on them. This is useless doomsaying though.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Actually, that was hyperbole, but since you asked: It's within the real of possibility. What evidence do you have that the bugs will be fixed? If so, which bugs, and why?

>

> Ouch ... that's harsh. We know bugs get fixed. Which ones? Just speculation but the ones that are most harmful to the game most likely. I mean, lets not talk like Anet just lets bugs just linger around.

>

"We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Currently, we are aware of this issue and are going to continue investigating. *Unfortunately, we currently do not have an ETA on a solution*. Be sure to keep your eyes on any upcoming patch notes for hotfixes! *I'm afraid we not able to grant the item or achievement*, but we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding while we work this out!"

This is an example of a response for DB weapons bug. Sounds like lingering to me. Also, I bet they can't grant the necessary items or achievements.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > Probably not enough to make the people who ran it 24/7 happy but anyone with a lick of sense knew it was coming sooner or later. If Anet could buff the other PoF metas (the Vabbi one in particular) and the other LW ones to offer more lucrative gains, we're golden.

>

> People been asking for better rewards for incentive to do Serpent's Ire and Maws of Torment for a while now to no avail... Maws of Torment and Junundu Rising are even worse than Serpent's Ire because they don't even have a timer so it's hard to get a group going unless you already have people on the map to do it (For SI you can at least prepare prior the event).

>

> I don't really expect those metas to get buffed anytime soon tbh...

Here's hoping.

> @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > > @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > > > > > @"Empanda.4617" said:

> > > > > > So ok I understand why you'd want to nerf istan but I'd just like to say Anet, you released the new chapter, full of bugs and crashes. You haven't fixed THAT yet, but you want to change istan, a map grind that people actually enjoy. Now its hard not to be salty about this after experiencing the new chapter and all the bugs, glitches and crashes. Are you POSITIVE, you want to change istan before you fix that new map and story instances where people can get stuck in rocks and crystals in the story instances, dwarven plates don't drop all the time or drop multiple time for the same person messing it up for the other players who need it? Are you POSITIVE you want to change it before you change the fact that you've released broken material that you expect us to be ok with? Like don't get me wrong the istan grind is OP, but at least its not SO broken it's not enjoyable like the new map is. I think you should look at the bad broken map and story you've released before dislocating hundreds of players from their happy grinding area. Now as a coder I know its not that simple, but as a player I have to say this isn't the best way to make your players happy at the moment.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I know this may not be the most popular opinion either.

> > > > >

> > > > > This 1000000x. Some of the bugs are just unacceptable, especially given the lack of response to certain bugs (I'm starting to think the DB weapon issues will never be resolved). And I think it's a shame that someone has to tag their posts with "I know this may not be the most popular opinion". Like, why is that? Because the player base is largely just as apathetic as ANet about the game's issues because they're jaded by years of bugs? Whatever. It's sad to see anyone discussing Istan when the latest content is simply not in order.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So a bug that exists for hardly 2 weeks makes you think it will never get fixed? Something they can't just activate a switch on that will magically fix it? Really? They've acknowledged several of the bugs and they're working on them. This is useless doomsaying though.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Actually, that was hyperbole, but since you asked: It's within the real of possibility. What evidence do you have that the bugs will be fixed? If so, which bugs, and why?

> >

> > Ouch ... that's harsh. We know bugs get fixed. Which ones? Just speculation but the ones that are most harmful to the game most likely. I mean, lets not talk like Anet just lets bugs just linger around.

> >

>

> "We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Currently, we are aware of this issue and are going to continue investigating. *Unfortunately, we currently do not have an ETA on a solution*. Be sure to keep your eyes on any upcoming patch notes for hotfixes! *I'm afraid we not able to grant the item or achievement*, but we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding while we work this out!"

>

> This is an example of a response for DB weapons bug. Sounds like lingering to me. Also, I bet they can't grant the necessary items or achievements.

I won't debate with you what lingering means. If that sounds like lingering to you, it's because you didn't read the part where they don't have a solution YET. If you think Anet doesn't care about bugs and just let's them hang around because of that, it's because you want to believe it. There are lots of examples of bugs that Anet did fix, so the idea they just randomly let some linger is disingenuous. Like I said ... what bugs get fixed is likely based on the damage they cause the game. it's also not the case that they just go, select a bug and go fix it. They are bugs for a reason and if you understood that, you wouldn't have convinced yourself that Anet thinks it's OK for bugs to 'linger'.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > > > @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > > > > > > @"Empanda.4617" said:

> > > > > > > So ok I understand why you'd want to nerf istan but I'd just like to say Anet, you released the new chapter, full of bugs and crashes. You haven't fixed THAT yet, but you want to change istan, a map grind that people actually enjoy. Now its hard not to be salty about this after experiencing the new chapter and all the bugs, glitches and crashes. Are you POSITIVE, you want to change istan before you fix that new map and story instances where people can get stuck in rocks and crystals in the story instances, dwarven plates don't drop all the time or drop multiple time for the same person messing it up for the other players who need it? Are you POSITIVE you want to change it before you change the fact that you've released broken material that you expect us to be ok with? Like don't get me wrong the istan grind is OP, but at least its not SO broken it's not enjoyable like the new map is. I think you should look at the bad broken map and story you've released before dislocating hundreds of players from their happy grinding area. Now as a coder I know its not that simple, but as a player I have to say this isn't the best way to make your players happy at the moment.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I know this may not be the most popular opinion either.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This 1000000x. Some of the bugs are just unacceptable, especially given the lack of response to certain bugs (I'm starting to think the DB weapon issues will never be resolved). And I think it's a shame that someone has to tag their posts with "I know this may not be the most popular opinion". Like, why is that? Because the player base is largely just as apathetic as ANet about the game's issues because they're jaded by years of bugs? Whatever. It's sad to see anyone discussing Istan when the latest content is simply not in order.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So a bug that exists for hardly 2 weeks makes you think it will never get fixed? Something they can't just activate a switch on that will magically fix it? Really? They've acknowledged several of the bugs and they're working on them. This is useless doomsaying though.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Actually, that was hyperbole, but since you asked: It's within the real of possibility. What evidence do you have that the bugs will be fixed? If so, which bugs, and why?

> > >

> > > Ouch ... that's harsh. We know bugs get fixed. Which ones? Just speculation but the ones that are most harmful to the game most likely. I mean, lets not talk like Anet just lets bugs just linger around.

> > >

> >

> > "We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Currently, we are aware of this issue and are going to continue investigating. *Unfortunately, we currently do not have an ETA on a solution*. Be sure to keep your eyes on any upcoming patch notes for hotfixes! *I'm afraid we not able to grant the item or achievement*, but we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding while we work this out!"

> >

> > This is an example of a response for DB weapons bug. Sounds like lingering to me. Also, I bet they can't grant the necessary items or achievements.

>

> I won't debate with you what lingering means. If you think Anet doesn't care about bugs and just let's them hang around because of that, it's because you want to believe it. There are lots of examples of bugs that Anet did fix, so the idea they just randomly let some linger is disingenuous.

There's no need to debate it because I am (and have been) completely honest about the fact I believe they launched the product (that is, the latest LS installment) without testing it and figured they would have the players debug it for them (leading to long waits for "solutions"). You heard it here first. I'm not trying to sound harsh, or even angry, but definitely concise and honest.

Also, IMO, there's also no debating the fact that given the messy launch, fixing Istan to maintain some daily quality of life concept the company has going on is, at the very least, worthy* of some eye rolling.

This change is HOT TRASH. No lie, this is some commie crap. Like who are you to tell me I'm farming too much money? Does my boss tell me "YOU'RE WORKING TOO HARD IDIOT, STOP MAKING MY COMPANY SUCCESSFUL!!" No? Oh. Okay. The only, ONLYYYY, reason you're doing this a YEAR later is because you saw it cut into your profits and needed a way to stop it. I farmed Istan for hours some days, and 30 minutes other days, but NOW? Now I get told when I can farm Istan, which is on reset because that's when the only run of the meta will be. You want players to actually PLAY your game? MAKE POF METAS WORTH DOING. FIX THIEF AND OTHER CLASS ABILITIES. I didn't even know about the communities formed by doing these metas, only that the FREAKING PLAYERS had to keep the stressful roles of making the seamless transition between each meta flow well. People enjoy finding a niche to fit in and make their way in the world, stop taking that from them in your game.

Istan farmer let me ask you a question what was your best profit?

Unidentified gear

or

VM + PP?

Well VM and PPs are still there.

The only thing Anet done is cut Unids. If before one can sell Unids and for that gold get trophy/leater supplies.

Now they have to spend own liquid gold. You see where am I going to? Let those people that a re happy of nerf to be happy.

When t6s will go back to 40-60 silver each, we will talk.

I got most of my vm from pala chests so yes this will cut that harshly.

As for bugs that linger, speaking of pala, the first four chests are always open for me UNLESS I get there late in which case it's fifty-fifty whether they will be open or not. From what I hear it's a pretty common thing.

> @"Emberstone.2904" said:

> > @"SpinDashMaster.5680" said:

> > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > @"Tunderbrew.9531" said:

> > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > Way too profitable maps needs to get the hammer where it hurts. The rewards of istan was out of whack.

> > > >

> > > > Ya, don't stop until everything in this game is equally unrewarding. Keep those players in line! /s

> > > >

> > > > I haven't touched Istan in months, but it will be hilariously sad if this game makes the same mistakes that sent it an influx of players from other games.

> > >

> > > Eh, if something is way overfarmed 24/7, then theres something wrong with it. Good thing with a reward capping to ensure people do other stuff too.

> >

> > I have facts for you. Reward capping doesn't send players elsewhere. It sends them **offline**.

> This is painfully true for me.

>

> If an Istan farm isn't going on (or I can't get into a squad), I'll just do my daily fractals, log off, and lately I've been going back to Guild Wars 1.

>

> I don't stay on to grind achievements or collections because I don't find them fun at all. Istan was a big part of my time played, and I enjoyed it.

Maaan this is so sad, lately i've come to play more gw1 because it doesnt cap me, i can log in a day i got 2 hours of free time and play for 2 hours, then on a diff day that i have 5 hours i can log in and play for 5 hours.

Some ppl tho cant ever go above 1 hour so i guess the rest of use should either, coz it'd be "unfair" or some shit.

I'm likely going to open my wallet **less **after this change, and just adjust to farming something else instead: I don't approve of the many new forms of time-gating that ANet is starting to rely too heavily on, between that and raiding, I'm not liking the new priorities that ANet is falling behind. I was quite happy to whale around at one point, but that's not happening anytime soon.

As a player whose hours are not at peak time, Istan was a way to still socialise and earn gold with a bunch of people, and as someone who's both chronically ill AND the sole caretaker for himself and his also-disabled sweetie, I can only sign in when I can sign in, and that means I can't have a regular raiding or fractal schedule. Between Living World updates, my limited time has been doing dailies and farming istan.

A lot of people are gloating, but why? There are other farms that are almost as lucrative, but it's this one that's resulted in a lot of bitching. Why is my time less important than anyone else's, or my way of playing such a problem? I don't get to wind down for a few hours playing my favorite game anymore, congratulations for blowing that up!

"Our goal is for content like the Istan Metas to be a part of your daily play-cycle, without it becoming your entire play-cycle."

When I hear this kind of speaking its basically telling us that we can't play the way we want to OR that they can't be bothered to make a game standard for the rest of the game.

Make other farms as lucrative.