Can we please have our weapon summons back?

Kirin.7306

Spirit weapons are almost useful, they just need a few adjustments (such as their trait doing something more useful than adding burn per attack, when only the sword really benefits from that). Of course, if you liked the visual of running with your army of floating weapons, then the current iteration is sad.

I personally would like it if the bow had condition removal as it used to, or if the hammer had less CD between uses in pve (you can hardly use it more than once per breakbar phase), or if shield had some kind of use in boss battles (it's really good to weaken trash groups, but if you walk into a champion with it equipped, it becomes useless, as usually very few encounters need the projectile denial it brings).

SoJ is extremely good in PvE. Everything else is meh. However, they are still better than how they were before.

To improve them they should:

Make area targetable instead popping at the enemy location.

The shield, remove the weakness and add aegis.

Bow, even though it is decent, it is also redundant. There are much better healing skills anyway. I think making it a damage skill will be much better. I would make it lunch 3 arrows on a single target.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> SoJ is extremely good in PvE. Everything else is meh. However, they are still better than how they were before.

>

> To improve them they should:

>

> Make area targetable instead popping at the enemy location.

>

> The shield, remove the weakness and add aegis.

>

> Bow, even though it is decent, it is also redundant. There are much better healing skills anyway. I think making it a damage skill will be much better. I would make it lunch 3 arrows on a single target.

Pretty much spot on , make them ground targeting would give them a better chance of actually hitting a target( SoJ isn't terrible but the hammer is awful) , and must of this was discussed in a previous post I started back on Oct 8 in this forum (link is below)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57404/oh-no-not-spirit-weapons-again

To be honest I would really like them to be a more viable skill then they are but if all they are going to keep doing everytime they revisit them is barely make a half step forward on improving them than stop wasting resources and move on to something else on the Guardian that could be improved.

Please note I'm saying this as an individual that does use them (well at least SoJ and HoW haven't had much success with the others) so I would rather not sacrifice them but if they can't find a way to move forward on them than so be it.

> @"Kirin.7306" said:

> How were they useless? they were fun in WvW they would follow enemies for miles and the weapons couldn't be killed

Being fun is not the same as not being useless. There are a great many things that are fun but aren't going to get you very far.

I been using the sword and hammer with permeating wrath build in wvw and by extention pve ( I use builds in both areas to get comfy with buttons)

From my time with it,

the hammer and sword just need bigger aoe on them. Currently foes with just small movement will randomly avoid the impact of hammer.

Maybe instead of just burning to all spirits the trait could be a little more tailored?

Sword, +burning

Hammer, + radius/ +2 targets

Bow, +condition removal?

Shield, +reflect?

Hopefully not ,looked awesome yes but the old spirit weapons were crappy to use.

The current iteration is nice but still slow. Hammer, GS and Longbow have their usage, but the time between finishing casting and execution can make them worthless specially in fast and competive enviroments. Hope we get some improvements there.

Sword and Bow currently have their uses and are decent IMO, it's hammer and shield that's clunky to use.

Ideas:

Hammer "shoots outs" from the user like battering ram, b-lining to the target knocking back any hostiles within its way to the target, then does the knockdown blast. Think of the Rev's Staff 5 with a knockdown at the end.

Shield forms the protective dome on the caster when cast, then teleports to the target and explode in a blaze of weakening glory. Protective dome stays in its point of origin for 5 seconds regardless if the caster moves away.

> @"NeroBoron.7285" said:

> Hopefully not ,looked awesome yes but the old spirit weapons were crappy to use.

> The current iteration is nice but still slow. Hammer, GS and Longbow have their usage, but the time between finishing casting and execution can make them worthless specially in fast and competive enviroments. Hope we get some improvements there.

the current ones are garbage you can just walk away from them