Can we have a standard +25% movement speed at lvl 80?

Swagger.1459

People chalking this up to not being powercreep have no idea what they're saying.

At launch there was only one class in the entire game with permanent 25% which was thief on Signet of Shadows, which was considered to be one of the worst utility skills in the game as far as its active effect went, because just having that little bit extra mobility was considered a big deal.

I know we're way past that point because virtually everything runs permanent boon uptime nowadays and spams the hell out of boons, too, but it's a testament to the fact that yet again people are asking for "QoL passives" when originally it was considered a strong effect unique to one profession on a whole sacrifice of a utility skill.

Just imagine the outrage if we let everyone start getting things like Veil and Endure Pain totally baseline. Seems absurd now, but while ago, this is the equivalent of what's being argued for in this thread. Most professions already have a damage immunity passive, right?

> @"Jemmi.6058" said:

> Could get rid of the PvP/WvW concerns and make it PvE only through a PvE mastery. Make it a new one under Pact Commander, or something - and maybe make it like:

>

> "Gain 25% bonus move speed when under the benefits of food"

Is this not the entire purpose of mounts? So why would this even be useful/relevant?

If it's out of combat only I agree with an infusion (PvP remains untouched, but need more 25% rune options nonetheless). This keeps groups better together and lowers travel time from spawn until the fighting starts.

As for the cost it probably should be gated somehow, actually think it would be cool as a retroactive character birthday gift after 1 year, soulbound on acquire (like the gems you get through lvl up) - rewarding seasoned players and giving their favourite characters that extra little boost. Only 1 per character that pass the 1st year mark though. Also has to be an amulet infusion to force some choices. Meaning if your character has a movement speed trait you can slot something else in, and it you should be able to exhange it with a vendor for something decent in case you don't need it.

I'm amazed how many people are willing to fight tooth and nail against a QoL feature, jesus christ.

> @"Jemmi.6058" said:

> Could get rid of the PvP/WvW concerns and make it PvE only through a PvE mastery. Make it a new one under Pact Commander, or something - and maybe make it like:

>

> "Gain 25% bonus move speed when under the benefits of food"

Just make the Pact Commander speed boost work outside of cities. That restriction never made any sense anyway.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> I'm amazed how many people are willing to fight tooth and nail against a QoL feature, jesus christ.

>

> > @"Jemmi.6058" said:

> > Could get rid of the PvP/WvW concerns and make it PvE only through a PvE mastery. Make it a new one under Pact Commander, or something - and maybe make it like:

> >

> > "Gain 25% bonus move speed when under the benefits of food"

> Just make the Pact Commander speed boost work outside of cities. That restriction never made any sense anyway.

>

Not being able to discern between power creep and QoL is never a good basis when making an argument.

People aren't opposed to QoL changes. People are opposed to power creep (in form of speed creep which has been going on since the beginning of the game). You WILL get used to the new speed (just how people have gotten used to permanent swiftness, pact commander, mounts and super speed), you WILL demand even more speed buffs and we WILL be back at square 1 a couple of weeks down the road.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> I'm amazed how many people are willing to fight tooth and nail against a QoL feature, jesus christ.

>

> > @"Jemmi.6058" said:

> > Could get rid of the PvP/WvW concerns and make it PvE only through a PvE mastery. Make it a new one under Pact Commander, or something - and maybe make it like:

> >

> > "Gain 25% bonus move speed when under the benefits of food"

> Just make the Pact Commander speed boost work outside of cities. That restriction never made any sense anyway.

>

Well, if I asked me before PoF, I would have 100% agreed. Now, meh who cares. Mounts exist. If we do. If we have in open world PvE, it is irrelevant.

On the other hand, almost everyone in PvP runs swiftness or teleport. It seems to be an issue directed primarily to guardians and necros. Anet is stick in 2012 there.

People are so used to beeing perma super speedy, they don't notice it anymore when they have something like swiftness, superspeed, pact commander, etc... If the devs makes a 25% movement speed, in a couple of months you'll demand more.

As for me, no speed boost is needed at all. I even find the normal speed (without a 25% movement speed boost from trait, for exemple warrior's sprint) to be perfect. I'm not sure to understand what is the complaint here. Maybe that's it; you got so used to your 25% movemenf speed boost that you don't notice it anymore.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > It's not redundant in PvE, unless people can mount in combat now... :/

> So uuuuh... When was the last time you died in PvE because you didnt have 25% speed in combat?

>

> This change only affect sPvP and WvW and in particular classes without basic speed traits (ie traits you probably would have regardless).

>

> Condi mirage for example would be that much stronger since its a build with no speed in traits and generally no speed on runes.

>

> It needs all the help it can get after all.

>

You'd be surprised how useful swiftness is on Artsariv when hypernova launch is on cd or during the MAMA encounter or Siax. Or Cliffside or Molten Boss.

I don't see the problem with having to use traits and utilities to improve your movement speed.

The last thing we need is more passive power creep.