Glyph of Invisibility

Balsa.3951

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> my Gathering Glyph idea ..... The moment u start gather u become invisible for the time u gather.

A lot of folks have wished for something like this since the game launched. (And probably more who didn't realize they wanted it.)

Seems like a potentially fun idea.

(Definitely has some mechanical & gameplay dilemmas to resolve, as others have suggested, but ANet can probably figure that out.)

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > I don't understand the point of going invisible while gathering?

>

> I guess the same reason people would rather get stuck in combat for ages(and unable to use a mount) rather than spend the few seconds to kill a mob.

Exactly. If you are _farming_ mats, then anything that slows you down (e.g. scarabs) is an annoyance.

FF14 allows all gathering classes to go invisible, but slows them down (all stealth is slower, about 66% move speed). I think that could be an interesting compromise, but don't know how they would solve that here, because gathering isn't tied to specific gathering classes.

But at the same time, I know most people would hate that, because they want to go FASTER without having to be interrupted by mobs. Personally I think they should have risk vs reward, either safe, or fast.