Scribe crafting...what am I doing wrong?

I've gotten to only level 55 and the guide I'm using (Dulfy) says: "Craft 22 Guild Banquet Schematic until you reach Level 75". I've got all the mats and it seems to be ready to craft, but when I click the Craft All button, the indicator goes across a bunch of times, but no mats get used, and no progress is made. Am I missing something? Is is time gated? Is there a bug?

Did you also check the Aetheric Assembly Device to see if there is anything showing up in there? I am assuming you are at the point where you have made the Schematics and are trying to craft the Banquets?

Check your guild storage to see if it is capped. It only holds 25 which makes anything you craft after that number hang up and sit in the assembly device until the banquets are used and there is room to make more. (I think the cap is way too low for some of the consumables...)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_storage

If you are making the mats into the schematics click on the the little magnifying glass under each one (i.e. simple scribing kit) to make sure you have actually made everything, though it sounds like you have.

> @"Aerinndis.2730" said:

> Did you also check the Aetheric Assembly Device to see if there is anything showing up in there? I am assuming you are at the point where you have made the Schematics and are trying to craft the Banquets?

>

> Check your guild storage to see if it is capped. It only holds 25 which makes anything you craft after that number hang up and sit in the assembly device until the banquets are used and there is room to make more. (I think the cap is way too low for some of the consumables...)

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_storage

>

> If you are making the mats into the schematics click on the the little magnifying glass under each one (i.e. simple scribing kit) to make sure you have actually made everything, though it sounds like you have.

Wow. I wasn't aware my scribing would be dependent on having empty guild storage slots. I'm about 99% sure the guild has everything maxed out. That's just a special kind of stupid.

Edit: I obviously have a lot to learn about scribe crafting. It doesn't seem nearly as straight-forward as other crafting.

I've done a little more reading and it looks like maybe I'm at a bit of an impasse. I'm in 2 guilds; one is top level, maxed out storage, and the other is a new family guild with only 8 members. It seems that the big guild has full storage, so won't take what I'm crafting, and the small guild doesn't have a storage slot for what I'm crafting due to being too low level. If so, then I will be unable to craft until the big guild frees up space, or the small guild levels a bit more. Does that sound right?

I went to check and found that I do not have permissions in the large guild to use the assembly device. I now figure that's the reason it's not crafting there.

So I went to the small guild's scribing station to create the schematics (I am a leader there and have all permissions), but it doesn't come up as an option. And there's a lot fewer crafting options being offered in the small guild's station than when I use the large guild's station.

So, do I need to do the 1-50 crafting all over at the small guild's station in order to get to the level I need to continue? Or do we need to add more resources to the station to get it to a higher level?

I would suggest you check in the Looking for Guild thread ([https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/looking-for-guild](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/looking-for-guild "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/looking-for-guild") to find a guild that you can use to level. I would be willing to offer mine but I was only able to get to 300 before needing to switch in order to craft more unlocked items. If you would like to use my guild to get to that level, just send me an in game mail.

You can also increase the speed and decrease the cost of leveling by using a guild crafting booster and some of the standard boosters.

> @"Graymalkyn.8076" said:

> Thanks for the input. Since this is primarily for guild decorations, I think I'll just put this whole thing on the backburner until we get our guild hall up higher levels.

I would also focus less on following a guide and more on making all the tedious stuff you will need later for the decorations you really want. If you want a potted plant you'll probably need 2093923039290230932902309 and 1 empty planters or whatever for the 15 different tiers. Because apparently you can't reuse the planters for some reason in the Tyrian universe.

Chairs and columns have low tier things required for some of the fancier stuff as well. That way you're leveling scribing up, but you're also banking things that you will need later down the road and be glad you have in storage. The potted plants are definitely the worst though.

And some of them are insanely expensive and practically require a magnifying glass to even see the details of. I believe it's a blue orchid or something. Crazy expensive and is about the same size as one of those baskets you buy from the basic decoration vendor.

There's a lot of work they could put into scribing to improve the quality of life, but they obviously don't see the benefit of investing the resources in fixing any of them and we're lucky to get decorations with festivals. Lunar New Year was the backpack turned into a wall sconce?

They did good with the beetle racing decorations though, and the Festival of the Four winds planks. Other than those I think the biggest addition we've gotten was the vendor in Kourna which was appreciated.

So many assets that look like they could be recoded but with the current system it's probably not worth the effort of recoding those assets because of the sometimes insane amount of work that goes into creating the recipes which were always awkward anyway.

I think moving forward it's probably more likely that we will just get vendors that sell the decorations instead of adding recipes, and it's probably a better system overall.

Dictionary result for **scribe**

noun

1.HISTORICAL

a person who copies out documents, especially one employed to do this before printing was invented.

synonyms: clerk, secretary, copyist, transcriber, amanuensis, recorder, record keeper; More

2.HISTORICAL

an ancient Jewish record-keeper or, later, a professional theologian and jurist.

verb

1.LITERARY

write.

"he scribed a note that he passed to Dan"

2.mark with a scriber.

Of course, one now has to wonder why they called this skill scribing and not interior design, furniture making, masonry, or some such. I would expect a skill like scribing to be one that creates recipes, scrolls, tomes, etc.

The permissions are not especially intuitive for allowing you to scribe for a guild, and give you access at the same time to stuff the guild leaders may not want. Permissions are better than they used to be but still strangely awkward.

Anyway, I allow people to join my guild to scribe so message me in game if you want an invite. IMO it's nice to have a max scribe to refine mats quickly any time without porting to a city on a specific character (scribe can refine everything)

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Graymalkyn.8076" said:

> > Thanks for the input. Since this is primarily for guild decorations, I think I'll just put this whole thing on the backburner until we get our guild hall up higher levels.

>

> I would also focus less on following a guide and more on making all the tedious stuff you will need later for the decorations you really want. If you want a potted plant you'll probably need 2093923039290230932902309 and 1 empty planters or whatever for the 15 different tiers. Because apparently you can't reuse the planters for some reason in the Tyrian universe.

>

> Chairs and columns have low tier things required for some of the fancier stuff as well. That way you're leveling scribing up, but you're also banking things that you will need later down the road and be glad you have in storage. The potted plants are definitely the worst though.

>

> And some of them are insanely expensive and practically require a magnifying glass to even see the details of. I believe it's a blue orchid or something. Crazy expensive and is about the same size as one of those baskets you buy from the basic decoration vendor.

>

> There's a lot of work they could put into scribing to improve the quality of life, but they obviously don't see the benefit of investing the resources in fixing any of them and we're lucky to get decorations with festivals. Lunar New Year was the backpack turned into a wall sconce?

>

> They did good with the beetle racing decorations though, and the Festival of the Four winds planks. Other than those I think the biggest addition we've gotten was the vendor in Kourna which was appreciated.

>

> So many assets that look like they could be recoded but with the current system it's probably not worth the effort of recoding those assets because of the sometimes insane amount of work that goes into creating the recipes which were always awkward anyway.

>

> I think moving forward it's probably more likely that we will just get vendors that sell the decorations instead of adding recipes, and it's probably a better system overall.

>

I guess I'm weird, I actually kind of enjoy crafting with scribing. Maybe because its the only thing i like spending materials on. Well unless they require rare gem/ lodestone/ shards or other that only drop once in a blue moon and youre just spending gold on the TP. As I prefer (the idea of) creating things with materials i scavenged and mined and gathered myself, not because i dont have money.

> @"Graymalkyn.8076" said:

> Of course, one now has to wonder why they called this skill scribing and not interior design, furniture making, masonry, or some such. I would expect a skill like scribing to be one that creates recipes, scrolls, tomes, etc.

My vote, given the quantity of furniture recipes you can make, would have been to call the activity "Joinery" or "Carpentry", and the craft, therefore, either "Joiner" (confusing for SWTOR players who've encountered story elements around Killiks) or "Carpenter".

That said, there are a bunch of recipes for books, scrolls, sheets of paper, and so on, but of course scribes don't *make* paper.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> How about asking in your large guild permission to raise your scribe level? It may be that your small guild needs some more upgrades as well.

>

> Also, scribe is pretty much a 100% guild decoration oriented profession, there's no need to level it unless you want to decorate a guild Hall.

Or craft WvW stuff...