Bounty Feedback [merged]

> @EdgarMTanaka.7291 said:

> I still havent done bountys that much... is rewards really that bad? I mean compared to a Meta event where there is one boss each every each hour and you collect a high reward. But doing bountys that you can do one after another after another and collect a small reward every ten minutes...

As for regular bounties.

Bosses get random special abilities and sometimes they can be zerged down like a regular champ, and sometimes they can save several minutes to take down. You get a champ box, 1-3 pieces of unidentified gear, karma, and some other small stuff, like ley infused sand, just off the top of my head.

You get a bit more than regular champs, but it's not really worth doing them unless you need an achievement or something.

At least you get mosaics from legendaries. I primarily join legendary only trains when I can, for funeral weapons.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> > @Ashur.7648 said:

> And as for the other bounties, I imagine that most of the time they'd either already be dead or the timer is running out by the time you travel to the bounty.

Just as a general feature, events need a completion mark of some kind, so players who might show up know the difference between a fresh event at 90% versus one that's not worth chasing at 10%. It was a feature in FFXIV's FATE system back when I played.

No matter what rewards are given out within a few days people will complain they are "worthless" because by then most will have them and then the cycle starts all over again. It happens in every game no matter if it's an MMO or not. "Better rewards" is cried about and complained about and the devs give more and people are happy for a few days and then poof the happiness is gone cause everyone now has it and they decide that it's no longer a good reward.

> @Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

> its an MMO. So the answer is no.

Dunno how that's relevant, considering that most MMOs didn't even have groups (let alone raids) until ones such as WoW came along and other companies started copying it for quick bucks. And that's when the genre went downhill.

Achieving something on your own was a lot more fun than grouping.

> @Ohoni.6057 said:

> One thing about rewards, I've gotten a few bounties where I get these tablets for beating them? A different tablet for each boss? What sort of inventory nightmare is this? Either have a deposit tab for them or make it so there is only one of them so they can stack better, not separate tablets for each boss you fight.

The Legendary Mosaic Elegies are collection items you can discard once you've received them.

> @Ashur.7648 said:

> There are countless bounty trains going on, where large squads take on multiple if not all bounties.

What map and timezone?

I play Australian hours and the biggest group I found was 4 and we disbanded after we failed our first 3 attempts at 3 different bounties lmao (on the first map we were)

> @Ojimaru.8970 said:

> > @Ohoni.6057 said:

> > One thing about rewards, I've gotten a few bounties where I get these tablets for beating them? A different tablet for each boss? What sort of inventory nightmare is this? Either have a deposit tab for them or make it so there is only one of them so they can stack better, not separate tablets for each boss you fight.

>

> The Legendary Mosaic Elegies are collection items you can discard once you've received them.

I thought I had seen elegies in the wallet. Aren't they currency for Tomb of Primeval Kings merchants?

> @Rauderi.8706 said:

> The title stands as a root question for something that isn't sitting right.

>

> From a technical standpoint, it feels like a good idea. Group content, player activated (I think?), and some of the bosses have at least been interesting challenges.

>

> ...**So why is it pulling teeth to get people to show up for them?**

For the no.1 reason of criticism I have had since LWS3: **too few waypoints!**

* Just imagine you are exploring some place and somebody is calling for help for a bounty. You don't have a waypoint (or have not uncovered it yet) close to where you currently are. You would have to travel (and fight) a long distance to get back to that spot, so you don't bother to leave it in the first place.

* Or someone is asking for assistance and posts the nearest POI to the bounty event, and that is a long distance from any waypoint, so the lazy response is, again, "I can't be bothered."

The whole concept of reducing waypoints has been a huge mistake.

The rewards are low compared to time spent killing them. As I learned from LS1, anything with low rewards that requires players to do will progressively get more difficult to accomplish as time passes. This was why I focused on getting these done that first weekend.

That said, there are still bounty trains going on during prime time hours and throughout the weekends. I suggest doing them now rather than later for your achievements and collections.

I like the idea of making them instance based, like you track something to a cave, or something along those lines, and have 0-5 groups of mobs to burn through before you get to the bounty, then just kill as is now (with more improvements in the future hopefully). That would limit the amount of zerg in this already teaming fest, and add a bit to the "dungeon" aspect many of us miss.

Just a thought, but it sounds like more fun than the current implementation to me.

> @ancientoak.4258 said:

> The Bounties in the First map where so crowded yesterday (EU) that it was as easy as Halloween farming.

Are we playing the same game? Ruins of Surmia (EU), I camped a character at the legendary wyrm yesterday and switched in to check every ~10 minutes for several hours. There were a few attempts at killing it, but none were successful. The best attempt got it down to 30%.

All I got after several hours of play was some karma, and few silvers for the failed attempts.

I think people are overstating how easy the bounties are. I still see many people struggling with them - even in large groups.

The only minor problem I see with bounties is that some of the random abilities they can acquire are overtuned and/or boring - specifically healing mist that only makes the fight much longer with no real way to counter.

Also, while not necessarily a complaint about bounties - their need to be placeable bounty boards for guild halls tied to new guild missions. It amazes me that this obvious mechanic was not the first thing the devs thought of.

> @Blaeys.3102 said:

> Also, while not necessarily a complaint about bounties - their need to be placeable bounty boards for guild halls tied to new guild missions. It amazes me that this obvious mechanic was not the first thing the devs thought of.

I'd love to have guild bounties that weren't the usual Tyrian set. As they exist now, there's nothing to stop a guild group from having a "Desert Bounty Day," but it's not tied to guild rewards/commendations.

Found some groups in LFG, but to be honest with you bounties are a joke, their rewards are crap, making it not worth the time and the fights themselves don't feel unique either, so to me they don't have much to offer and I'd rather do meta events in the HoT maps.

They're a pretty cool idea, but I think they're not executed very well.

> @Korval.3751 said:

> It's not a failure. It's just a new mechanic we're all getting used to. Last night I jumped into back-to-back bounties in Desolation. Both were super fun. I like the bounty system since it allows players to control when Legendaries spawn; something that was a nightmare to deal with in HOTs.

Pardon me while I glower at the 2 achieves I still have not got 3 years later because 1 of the 4 legendaries in SW never spawns when I am looking for it.

Yes, the bounty system feels like it was something dropped in the game without sufficient explanation.

Main problem of ppl who have problems killing bountys is that they dont know game mechanics. As game mechanics i call commander, map join, building up a zerg etc. using lfg. I find at every time from morning 9 cest to 1 cest in the night enough bounty groups for every map. If u guys dont know how thouse mechanics above menchant work dont complain that bountys are to hard. Learn first how this game works.

For the bountys. Yes it is an imitation of the good old frost george champtrain or the newer orr champtrains. And in my opionion a very successful methode to farm. U have bountys on every 5 map. U have bountys on nearly every waypoint. With the megaserver u have access to empty maps to build up afull squad. Even if u want to stay on same bountys u just need to join another server of same map.

My only problem with bountys is the reward. Its way to low compared to the time it consumes. Or i still havent figured out the reward system. Atm i visit bountys to farm exp. But with the expected reward i dont think i will join bountys anymore when i have maxed out my Masteries.

It would be great if Anet implements something like Meta reward. Killing 8 bountys gives 4 garteed rares. Or something like that. Else i will return to sw Breach vw. Cauase time spent reward is greater their.

> @Ojimaru.8970 said:

> > @Ohoni.6057 said:

> > One thing about rewards, I've gotten a few bounties where I get these tablets for beating them? A different tablet for each boss? What sort of inventory nightmare is this? Either have a deposit tab for them or make it so there is only one of them so they can stack better, not separate tablets for each boss you fight.

>

> The Legendary Mosaic Elegies are collection items you can discard once you've received them.

That is made clear nowhere in the game.