> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > no.

> > >

> > > the layoffs were unrelated to gw2s health as a game

> >

> > Bull

>

> Then why is ncsoft firing ppl in their other studios as well mr?

There was reason provided stating gw2 didnt meet expectation and as it was going it wasnt sustainable.

> @"Mikali.9651" said:

> This layoff is about the people that worked on other projects that have never seen the light, it is not about GW2. GW2 itself is not affected negatively. This is not about GW2 not earning enough money, it is about GW2 earning money and spending that money for other projects, thus all the profit they got actually been reduced with no return at all.

Yet we lost good gw2 staff and talent.

At his point it is more "I can't afford a subscription" opposed to "I'm not willing to spend the extra money." If I had money to burn...even then it's maybe. I love this game, but like so may others said: feeling an obligation to play a game because you paid for it doesn't hold the same sentimentality of playing because you enjoy it.

I have not invested in this game in a year now because of balancing issues specifically, and a sub is not going to change that. Now if ANet said they were going to invest more on their DevOps to get a good release cadence up and running then I would most certainly put money into the game again, but at this point I would still prefer to invest lump sums to buy specific treats so subs doesn't change a thing really.

“Based on the recent news of layoffs” https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/12/18222096/blizzard-layoffs-february-2019

I’ll say NO.

Better focus on quality and value...

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> Based on the recent news of layoffs, and thus a potential indicator of game health, how would you feel if Anet introduces a subscription to play the game?

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > no.

> > > >

> > > > the layoffs were unrelated to gw2s health as a game

> > >

> > > Bull

> >

> > Then why is ncsoft firing ppl in their other studios as well mr?

>

> There was reason provided stating gw2 didnt meet expectation and as it was going it wasnt sustainable.

where exactly? haven't seen it yet

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> Based on the recent news of layoffs, and thus a potential indicator of game health, how would you feel if Anet introduces a subscription to play the game?

The day GW2 goes sub based is the day I uninstall no matter how many hours I've put into it in the last 6 years.