The state of Serpent's Ire - The experience of a frustrated player

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> this event needs a nerf, i have did it on the begin of Pof with **unorganizeds groups** several times just for fun, and its wanst so hard.. its clearly that some patch glitched the event scale, inst "learn to play" problem. The only i organized is just the initial positions, i dont even need call for anyone bring CC.

>

> This >

> > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > I had to do this for my Funerary set and I joined a random group not even posted in LFG and we were able to finish it. I have only ever did it the one time so I don't have a lot to add. I am just puzzled on how somewhat organized groups are failing at this. I guess the scaling could be he issue but when I completed back when PoF was just released there were a lot of people on the map so I'm most certain it was scaled up.

>

Scaling hasn’t changed. It is a learn to play issue as the core reason groups fail, assuming they have enough players, is that they don’t CC.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"MikeG.6389" said:

>There are those who can't solo a veteran djinn for a hero point, for example, or have a hard time, at least. I imagine that many of them think of that as unnecessarily challenging content.

Honestly, I can't blame anyone for having trouble with djinn, they're nasty (especially when they wander into fights with other enemies). I think the earth variety is officially the deadliest enemy in GW2 according to Anet themselves.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > this event needs a nerf, i have did it on the begin of Pof with **unorganizeds groups** several times just for fun, and its wanst so hard.. its clearly that some patch glitched the event scale, inst "learn to play" problem. The only i organized is just the initial positions, i dont even need call for anyone bring CC.

> >

> > This >

> > > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > I had to do this for my Funerary set and I joined a random group not even posted in LFG and we were able to finish it. I have only ever did it the one time so I don't have a lot to add. I am just puzzled on how somewhat organized groups are failing at this. I guess the scaling could be he issue but when I completed back when PoF was just released there were a lot of people on the map so I'm most certain it was scaled up.

> >

>

> Scaling hasn’t changed. It is a learn to play issue as the core reason groups fail, assuming they have enough players, is that they don’t CC.

>

Evidence brought by those who played since the launch of POF, show that the scaling has changed.

The event is clearly bugged, overscaled, as even organized groups of 40+ are failing. In the first 3 to 4 months of the POF disorganized groups were able to make the event.

A open world event requiring raid-like organization is also very concept broken, doesnt fit POF design and purpose. Why POF need another triple trouble like event? A open world event requiring too specific builds also hurts open world concept.

Players should continue bring Anet attention to this issue, unless Anet clearly state this event was designed to be a raid-level dificult.

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > > this event needs a nerf, i have did it on the begin of Pof with **unorganizeds groups** several times just for fun, and its wanst so hard.. its clearly that some patch glitched the event scale, inst "learn to play" problem. The only i organized is just the initial positions, i dont even need call for anyone bring CC.

> > >

> > > This >

> > > > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > > I had to do this for my Funerary set and I joined a random group not even posted in LFG and we were able to finish it. I have only ever did it the one time so I don't have a lot to add. I am just puzzled on how somewhat organized groups are failing at this. I guess the scaling could be he issue but when I completed back when PoF was just released there were a lot of people on the map so I'm most certain it was scaled up.

> > >

> >

> > Scaling hasn’t changed. It is a learn to play issue as the core reason groups fail, assuming they have enough players, is that they don’t CC.

> >

>

> Evidence brought by those who played since the launch of POF, show that the scaling has changed.

>

> The event is clearly bugged, overscaled, as even organized groups of 40+ are failing. In the first 3 to 4 months of the POF disorganized groups were able to make the event.

>

> A open world event requiring raid-like organization is also very concept broken, doesnt fit POF design and purpose. Why POF need another triple trouble like event? A open world event requiring too specific builds also hurts open world concept.

>

> Players should continue bring Anet attention to this issue, unless Anet clearly state this event was designed to be a raid-level dificult.

>

What evidence? Personal observations?

It still failed frequently during the first couple months. The frequency of how often an event fails is not exactly an indicator that said event must be bugged.

No open world event that I’m aware of require specific builds. Needing to use CC does not count as a build change. That meta is also an optional one. All collections tied to it are optional to as they do not impact gameplay.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > @"MikeG.6389" said:

> >There are those who can't solo a veteran djinn for a hero point, for example, or have a hard time, at least. I imagine that many of them think of that as unnecessarily challenging content.

> Honestly, I can't blame anyone for having trouble with djinn, they're nasty (especially when they wander into fights with other enemies). I think the earth variety is officially the deadliest enemy in GW2 according to Anet themselves.

>

>

That is partially due to the bugginess of their defiance bars.

The way you should be fighting them is to break their defiance bar then burst them down. When everything is working this is fine but they can be left in a state where they instantly regain their bar as soon as you break it.

I have some suspicions about what causes it but I haven't tested because even if I did and reported it nothing would come of it anyway.

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > > this event needs a nerf, i have did it on the begin of Pof with **unorganizeds groups** several times just for fun, and its wanst so hard.. its clearly that some patch glitched the event scale, inst "learn to play" problem. The only i organized is just the initial positions, i dont even need call for anyone bring CC.

> > >

> > > This >

> > > > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > > I had to do this for my Funerary set and I joined a random group not even posted in LFG and we were able to finish it. I have only ever did it the one time so I don't have a lot to add. I am just puzzled on how somewhat organized groups are failing at this. I guess the scaling could be he issue but when I completed back when PoF was just released there were a lot of people on the map so I'm most certain it was scaled up.

> > >

> >

> > Scaling hasn’t changed. It is a learn to play issue as the core reason groups fail, assuming they have enough players, is that they don’t CC.

> >

>

> Evidence brought by those who played since the launch of POF, show that the scaling has changed.

>

> The event is clearly bugged, overscaled, as even organized groups of 40+ are failing. In the first 3 to 4 months of the POF disorganized groups were able to make the event.

>

What evidence? The things in this thread are anecdotal at best for both sides.

Part of this is because it is hard to have a controlled environment but also because collecting the defiance bar data would be violating the ToS ...

A friend just did it a couple of days ago with a group of 41(he has been trying for at least 2 weeks so he would definitely be in the frustrated group). On a previous run we almost did it with 39. For the group of 39, although it was a group that was gathered together to do the event it could not really be considered an organized group. It was pretty clear that not everyone was aware of the mechanics of the event.

• 1 month later...

Good luck anyone needing Serpent's Ire for golem backpack or exaltation. TTS is down to one day a week on their calendar and today they either didn't do it or were full before they started. People in map indicated they were watching lfg and never saw anything. a pug group of 30 or so tried and failed miserably. This thing is scaled beyond the capability of most pug groups. People don't know/don't care/don't bring something that can CC. I had 7 CC from my guardian and it was like hitting a brick wall. the 5 at our spot broke the bar maybe 3 times and got it to 90%. Anet should have statistics on how often meta's succeed and should realize this one is very poorly designed to get people to even want to do it, let alone succeed at it. Even dragonstand seems to be dying with low population at times, but its still doable with 15-20 each lane, rather than the 40-50 you used to get. The power creep that lets DS stay alive sure doesn't help SI.

What really really really hurts it is that there is literally no reason to ever do it again once the backpack is finished. It's painful, inconvenient and unrewarding. So you dont get the decent percentage of 'been there done that' folks.

Just hosted this event. Though part of me misses the thrill and the difficulty of coordinating this event, I am glad that now a few good players can carry a whole lot of n00bs. After doing it the hard way so many times, this new one seems like it is way too easy. At this point, my biggest concern is that players are going to get way too lazy with this event.