To those upset about the Warclaw...

Defias.1892

I'm coming back after a 6+ month break after hearing this announcement. GJ Anet, I know you get a lot of hate from roamers, but they have enough space in PVP to 1v1. If people want to leave, that's fine. There'll be more than enough people to replace them for at least another 2-3 months, or until people get bored of the mount. And I'm sure at least a few of them will buy mount skins.

The optimist in me hopes that it will reinvigorate WvW by bringing in new players.

The realist in me expects that those new players will hop in to get the mount and then leave, once they get it (until they need another gift of battle), all the while possibly making more core wvw players leave.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> The optimist in me hopes that it will reinvigorate WvW by bringing in new players.

> The realist in me expects that those new players will hop in to get the mount and then leave, once they get it (until they need another gift of battle), all the while possibly making more core wvw players leave.

I think you're right. We saw this with legendaries - PvE'ers came in, saw how hard it was and left. In the meantime, vets left from all the AFK'ing and queues.

> @"Defias.1892" said:

> I'm coming back after a 6+ month break after hearing this announcement. GJ Anet, I know you get a lot of hate from roamers, but they have enough space in PVP to 1v1. If people want to leave, that's fine. There'll be more than enough people to replace them for at least another 2-3 months, or until people get bored of the mount. And I'm sure at least a few of them will buy mount skins.

yeah but you left once already, is this mount REALLY going to keep you for the long haul now?

What a lot of people fail to understand is how much of a short term solution this is.

-New Mount in WvW!

-Surge of PvE players coming to WvW to get the mount

-PvE Players get destroyed by hardened WvW players that have done nothing but WvW/PvP their entire GW2 Career (This is the MAIN reason every PvE'er I have ever talked to doesn't like WvW. Getting your butt kicked repeatedly isn't fun and I completely understand.)

-PvE Players on forums: Oh my god these builds are so OP! They need to be nerfed! This is insane! I've never seen a Boonbeast do this damage! Why are Scourges and Firebrands so good at keeping each other alive! What is this madness!?!

-Anet comes in like a knight in bright white shiny armor: Hard Nerfs classes and dramatically buffs mesmer while avoiding changes the WvW community wants. Generalized changes to the amount of condi/boon uptime and for the love of balthazar does mesmer need mirror cloak? (Just because I can poke fun at mesmers doesn't mean I'm trying to derail the conversation in the forums. Relax its a joke)

-PvE players quit WvW because they finally have their new shiny mount.

What could permanently bring players to WvW:

-Change biomes for each team. Red gets Desert, Green gets a marshland/jungle, Blue gets a Winterized area. Bring something new. Revamp the areas of the game that are definitely 6 years old and outdated. It doesn't need to be drastic changes either. Just a change in scenery.

-Have WvW events permanently in the rotation. Whether that be a No-downstate event once a month/every 6 weeks who cares. Just some event that promotes heathly longevity

-Bring back tournaments?? Make them automated like SPvP?

I'm a PvE player and I do not agree.

Because of warclaw new I start trying WvW and I plan on staying.

Yes WvW is hard for a PvE player, you lose much more than you win but when you do it feels so nice, in PvE there's nothing like that.

Usualy I go solo roamer and it sucks when a group of 4 ~ 15 gets you, and I understand, its WvW not 1v1.

I just wich my world have more squads for this game mode and some guilds with training but as I've seen WvW is frozen.

Worst of all, I dont even like warclaw's skin so as soon as I can I'll buy another skin.

> @"javier.9786" said:

> I'm a PvE player and I do not agree.

> Because of warclaw new I start trying WvW and I plan on staying.

>

> Yes WvW is hard for a PvE player, you lose much more than you win but when you do it feels so nice, in PvE there's nothing like that.

> Usualy I go solo roamer and it sucks when a group of 4 ~ 15 gets you, and I understand, its WvW not 1v1.

>

> I just wich my world have more squads for this game mode and some guilds with training but as I've seen WvW is frozen.

>

> Worst of all, I dont even like warclaw's skin so as soon as I can I'll buy another skin.

If you dont mind me asking, what world are you in?

> @"Defias.1892" said:

> I'm coming back after a 6+ month break after hearing this announcement. GJ Anet, I know you get a lot of hate from roamers, but they have enough space in PVP to 1v1. If people want to leave, that's fine. There'll be more than enough people to replace them for at least another 2-3 months, or until people get bored of the mount. And I'm sure at least a few of them will buy mount skins.

![](https://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/3/63/763321839-Favim_com-24282.jpg "")

good luck

> @"Defias.1892" said:

Translation: I don't care about roaming, so I think ANet should ignore what I suspect are valid concerns from those who do. Besides, in my completely ignorant opinion, if the warclaw does ruin roaming as we know it, they can all just go play PvP. What's the difference, right?

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> I welcome the mounts, intried to enjoy wvw several times, but I came to the realization that wvw is 85% dull travelling.

> If I can cut that down by halve, the remaining 15% of actually doing stuff will double, and i’ll have more fun in wvw and stay and get engagednwith its deeper mechanics

You must be on a empty/dead server, hopped to the Deserted Borderlands without a Comm on a low mobility class (w/o gliding), or are playing at the wrong times; when there are no Comms tagged Open, if you think wvw is "85% dull travelling".

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Defias.1892" said:

> > I'm coming back after a 6+ month break after hearing this announcement. GJ Anet, I know you get a lot of hate from roamers, but they have enough space in PVP to 1v1. If people want to leave, that's fine. There'll be more than enough people to replace them for at least another 2-3 months, or until people get bored of the mount. And I'm sure at least a few of them will buy mount skins.

>

> Translation: I don't care about roaming, so I think ANet should ignore what I suspect are valid concerns from those who do. Besides, in my completely ignorant opinion, if the warclaw does ruin roaming as we know it, they can all just go play PvP. What's the difference, right?

There was already a thread on roaming and the mount. There's nothing to indicate that roaming will be impacted in any meaningful way -- other than getting to your next objective faster than previously.

All the fear and panic was half trolling and half misunderstanding on the mount. Players are taking what they know from PvE mounts and screaming "this is bad for WvW because ". It's not a PvE mount and will not behave the same.

Given that nobody has even tried it before grabbing pitch forks also belittles these arguments.

> @"juno.1840" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Defias.1892" said:

> > > I'm coming back after a 6+ month break after hearing this announcement. GJ Anet, I know you get a lot of hate from roamers, but they have enough space in PVP to 1v1. If people want to leave, that's fine. There'll be more than enough people to replace them for at least another 2-3 months, or until people get bored of the mount. And I'm sure at least a few of them will buy mount skins.

> >

> > Translation: I don't care about roaming, so I think ANet should ignore what I suspect are valid concerns from those who do. Besides, in my completely ignorant opinion, if the warclaw does ruin roaming as we know it, they can all just go play PvP. What's the difference, right?

>

> There was already a thread on roaming and the mount. There's nothing to indicate that roaming will be impacted in any meaningful way -- other than getting to your next objective faster than previously.

>

> All the fear and panic was half trolling and half misunderstanding on the mount. Players are taking what they know from PvE mounts and screaming "this is bad for WvW because ". It's not a PvE mount and will not behave the same.

>

> Given that nobody has even tried it before grabbing pitch forks also belittles these arguments.

I'm not predicting doom. But to simply write off any concerns dedicated roamers may have by saying "Well, if it does ruin roaming, they can just go PvP." is a nonsense argument. And you're right, we already have 300 threads on the subject that more or less encompass the same argument.

For my part, I'm concerned about how it will play out for roamers because that's the only reason I play WvW and (right now) the only reason I play GW2 as well. But I expect we'll adjust just as we always have.

> @"javier.9786" said:

> I'm a PvE player and I do not agree.

> Because of warclaw new I start trying WvW and I plan on staying.

>

> Yes WvW is hard for a PvE player, you lose much more than you win but when you do it feels so nice, in PvE there's nothing like that.

> Usualy I go solo roamer and it sucks when a group of 4 ~ 15 gets you, and I understand, its WvW not 1v1.

>

> I just wich my world have more squads for this game mode and some guilds with training but as I've seen WvW is frozen.

>

> Worst of all, I dont even like warclaw's skin so as soon as I can I'll buy another skin.

Just curious, but what is it that you lose in wvw? Death means nothing. You don't lose gear. You don't lose rank or xp. Maybe some supplies here and there, but that's easy to replenish.

I'm honestly scratching my head at what I have lost in wvw. Can't put my finger on anything.

And, wvw is frozen? Huh?

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Defias.1892" said:

> > I'm coming back after a 6+ month break after hearing this announcement. GJ Anet, I know you get a lot of hate from roamers, but they have enough space in PVP to 1v1. If people want to leave, that's fine. There'll be more than enough people to replace them for at least another 2-3 months, or until people get bored of the mount. And I'm sure at least a few of them will buy mount skins.

>

> Translation: I don't care about roaming, so I think ANet should ignore what I suspect are valid concerns from those who do. Besides, in my completely ignorant opinion, if the warclaw does ruin roaming as we know it, they can all just go play PvP. What's the difference, right?

Yea, I had to really chuckle at the 'roamers can just got to pvp for their 1v1'.

Yup, this player certainly knows what wvw roaming is all about.(sarcasm) LOL!!!! ;)

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> I welcome the mounts, intried to enjoy wvw several times, but I came to the realization that wvw is 85% dull travelling.

> If I can cut that down by halve, the remaining 15% of actually doing stuff will double, and i’ll have more fun in wvw and stay and get engagednwith its deeper mechanics

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there is no way to have you travelling double as fast as by foot with speedbuffs. The engine isn't build for that high speeds.

For me it take at average 30 seconds to go to the next action. Since this is 85% of your time it means that you spend 5 seconds doing fighting, capping and sieging. Don't you think that if you reduce the walking to 15 seconds and up the other times to 10 this would be much to much for your skills to come out of cooldown? This is more action than PVP is providing.

> @"BadHealer.3608" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > I welcome the mounts, intried to enjoy wvw several times, but I came to the realization that wvw is 85% dull travelling.

> > If I can cut that down by halve, the remaining 15% of actually doing stuff will double, and i’ll have more fun in wvw and stay and get engagednwith its deeper mechanics

> I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there is no way to have you travelling double as fast as by foot with speedbuffs. The engine isn't build for that high speeds.

>

> For me it take at average 30 seconds to go to the next action. Since this is 85% of your time it means that you spend 5 seconds doing fighting, capping and sieging. Don't you think that if you reduce the walking to 15 seconds and up the other times to 10 this would be much to much for your skills to come out of cooldown? This is more action than PVP is providing.

Tell that to the players using packet injection to change the speed even with the mounts energy and its recovery:}